Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, I didn't pick up on this myself either until I saw this post, but after that scene where she tries to talk Krrsantan down, I can totally see it. I'm betting this also means the majordomo is her brother, and the two of them are running a massive con on Mos Espa.

Yeah, ever since I read that post, the idea's been making more and more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
ok

A Wookie rips off a dude's arm in a club and the club owner sighs, turns to Max Rebo and says, "Hit it Max" and the band starts jammin

Show owns

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

I thought they showed the actual mayor though? Wasn't he the hammerhead guy in the 2nd episode?

I wouldn't be surprised either though, it seems like that kind of twist would be par for the show.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They also said the mayor's a figurehead. Big Brained Boba never really bothered to find out whose.

Also, who really sent the assassins? The mayor pointed out he had no reason to. And his attitude was very different to what we expected given how the majordomo practically begged Boba to come and kill the mayor.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 20, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Garza doing a great job of convincing Black Krrsantan that it's a bad idea to ruin everyone's day was going real well until she made a "mistake" that caused him to rip out an arm and had Boba hire someone the Trandoshan's hate so I'm on board with the Jennifer Beals is secret mayor idea.

Hazo posted:

I even thought Jennifer Beals would refer to the interspecies feud instead of the vague “you used to be a pit fighter” throwaway.
It's not a throwaway, it's just telling the audience what his background is estblished to be in the comics. I think it was mentioned earlier too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Penitent posted:

ok

A Wookie rips off a dude's arm in a club and the club owner sighs, turns to Max Rebo and says, "Hit it Max" and the band starts jammin

Show owns

Boba Fett surviving the Sarlac is one thing, but the real unsolved mystery of Return of the Jedi is how did Max Rebo survive Jaba's sail barge exploding?

e: probably the same way Bib did, now that I think about it...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 20, 2022

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Also Beals character filling Boba's helmet with coins is a great way to ensure his head is exposed when leaving her bar.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dingleberry2 posted:

I thought they showed the actual mayor though? Wasn't he the hammerhead guy in the 2nd episode?

I wouldn't be surprised either though, it seems like that kind of twist would be par for the show.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They also said the mayor's a figurehead. Big Brained Boba never really bothered to find out whose.

Also, who really sent the assassins? The mayor pointed out he had no reason to. And his attitude was very different to what we expected given how the majordomo practically begged Boba to come and kill the mayor.

Yeah, the Ithorian "mayor" has "patsy" written all over him. Why do you think he just up and mysterious disappeared when Boba and Fennic started tugging at the strings of his bullshit?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Necrothatcher posted:

Also Beals character filling Boba's helmet with coins is a great way to ensure his head is exposed when leaving her bar.

This is a really cool detail if you're right, but they also completely failed to capitalise on that poo poo, if so.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

This is a really cool detail if you're right, but they also completely failed to capitalise on that poo poo, if so.

Should've cut back a bit on the tribute so one of them could afford a gun instead :v:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Hazo posted:

I’m curious how the Krrsantan scene played out to people who don’t know that Trandoshans famously love to hunt Wookiees, so BK had a racist drunken rage issue and wasn’t just hauling off on some random bar patron. I even thought Jennifer Beals would refer to the interspecies feud instead of the vague “you used to be a pit fighter” throwaway.

I had no clue about the Trandoshans hunting Wookies for fun and just took it as BK being grumpy/drunk and looking to pick a fight. The Trandoshan seemed to be having fun and he was looking to ruin it for him. Would be nice if the sprinkled in even more of these kind of lore nuggets!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Servetus posted:

He doesn't have a ship anymore. He is going to be taking public transit in his full armor, with the darksaber and his pulse rifle and the beskar spear, getting weird looks from everyone else on that space train.
I'm sure he just gave Gideon his ship back between sobbing over Grogu.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cheesus posted:

I'm sure he just gave Gideon his ship back between sobbing over Grogu.

Din is gonna get off the space bus and Bo-Katan is going to get off right behind him because she’s just been following him around the galaxy just yelling at him to give her the drat Darksaber already.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Din keeping Gideon’s ship would be dope. Just needs to figure out how he’d man it but I hope they go that route.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So far, every subtle detail that led to cool fan speculation has been resolved in the most mundane an non-twisty way possible, so I'm almost prepared to take everything at face value now:

Garsa just handed over the Santuary to Boba with no ulterior motive.
The Kintan Striders really killed the Tuskens, despite Fennec's openly expressed doubts.
All the Tuskens are dead, the female warrior didn't survive.
The Hutts just left because the Pykes are coming and Tatooine is not worth fighting over.
The rancor and its keeper are a benevolent gift, not a trojan horse.

Sure, the show is fun to watch and nice to look at, and as a fan I'll watch anything Star Wars anyway, but I really really hope the writing will pick up towards the end.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Butterfly Valley posted:

If anyone is even slightly considering that the mandalorian theme means anything other than Din Djarin turning up then get better at understanding how media works

It's absolutely Mando if only it'd be incredibly easy to get Pedro Pascal's stunt double to do the entire scene and just have Pascal drop a voice line in between takes on The Last of Us.

Edit: Beaten like a Transdosian.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 20, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Boba gonna go nuts and bring in Mando, Bossk, Zuckess, Dash Rendar, Hondo Ohnaka, and a few other random people all at once.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

exmarx posted:

big fan of whatever this guy is

If Cos Dashit and Sleazebagano are canon, I think we need to come up with a name for this guy.

My submission: Gyant Paneshaed.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

fartknocker posted:

Boba gonna go nuts and bring in Mando, Bossk, Zuckess, Dash Rendar, Hondo Ohnaka, and a few other random people all at once.

Honestly the original rogue's gallery from Empire plus Mando makes a lot of sense. You got nostalgia, crossover, and don't have to pay anyone famous like Timothy Oliphant. Just a bunch of space monsters.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
and just because I'm an rear end.

The reason The Rancor handler/Danny Trejo mentioned the night sisters is he's dating old lady Ventress.

yes she's still alive cause that book isn't canon (because marketing says so) and Ashoka needs somebody to squabble with.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

shades of eternity posted:

The reason The Rancor handler/Danny Trejo mentioned the night sisters is he's dating old lady Ventress.

Now I'm picturing old Ventress played by Eartha Kitt in full Yzma mode. :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Now I'm picturing old Ventress played by Eartha Kitt in full Yzma mode. :allears:

Just let Cree Summer play her in live action.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Cartoon Man posted:

If Cos Dashit and Sleazebagano are canon, I think we need to come up with a name for this guy.

My submission: Gyant Paneshaed.

he's ki-adi-mundi and shaak ti's son

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Hondo is back, and does he have a deal for you my friend!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

nine-gear crow posted:

Din is gonna get off the space bus and Bo-Katan is going to get off right behind him because she’s just been following him around the galaxy just yelling at him to give her the drat Darksaber already.
There's a rumor that in S3, Din is piloting a Naboo ship (think any of Padme's ships, not the yellow fighters). Probably more his style than drat destroyer and I can see the New Republic giving him a good deal on it in exchange for Gideon and Gideon's ship.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
It probably be a original model to sell toys. Also Padme's ship is way too big for one person to fly. I just hope it's also a hunk of junk that that's been patched over a dozen times.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's going to be a Beskar Razor Crest.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Giving Mando the most oldschool spaceship in the entire franchise is a terrific nod to his Radar Men from the Moon origins. That's someone really trying to channel Lucas' instincts well.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hondo would be great. They already put Jim Cummings in costume for the Smuggler's Run pre-show, might as well bring him all the way in.

nine-gear crow posted:

Boba Fett surviving the Sarlac is one thing, but the real unsolved mystery of Return of the Jedi is how did Max Rebo survive Jaba's sail barge exploding?

Bib wasn't on the sail barge :eng101:

Cheesus posted:

There's a rumor that in S3, Din is piloting a Naboo ship (think any of Padme's ships, not the yellow fighters).

Thundercracker posted:

It probably be a original model to sell toys. Also _____Padme's _____ ship is way too big for one person to fly.

_____Padme's _____ ship was different in every movie, so both could be true.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And off the subject, the new Lego Star Wars game will be out April 5th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HKYhNwzBA8w

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

this ep really opened up the lore by showing the installation of a robot colon on Fennec's character, which answered a lot of questions I had about cyber-Maul ( did he use a sith colostomy, etc)

much to think about with the possibilities of a cybernetically enhanced gi tract.

She can finally eat Chipotle without worrying about blood in her underwear?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

And off the subject, the new Lego Star Wars game will be out April 5th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HKYhNwzBA8w

Finally, this thing got delayed 2-3 years. Looking forward to some couch co-op with my kids.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

This is the [better] way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Finally, this thing got delayed 2-3 years. Looking forward to some couch co-op with my kids.

Looks pretty good too, I appreciate they took the time to remake Episodes 1-7 from the ground up as opposed to just porting the existing games.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

We already know this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQxAmHdGtZA

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Also, catching up on stuff from yesterday while I was in a migraine stupor, regarding the idea/theory that Jennifer Beals’ character is the actual mayor or main power in Mos Espa, I don’t dislike the idea, but I think it would be a fairly predictable twist. I like the idea of her being mostly separate from the mayor and the others vying for local control we’ve seen so far, but maybe she’s tied to or protected by someone else we haven’t seen yet, so maybe the remains of Crimson Dawn if they’re still around, or throw a reference to Black Sun or something else. Still, we got enough episodes yet that I’m feeling pretty good about how they have that all play out.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

fartknocker posted:

Ahsoka shows up looking for Jedi trinkets in Kenobi's old cave and decides, "Eh, sure, I'll help Boba the crime lord. Why not?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That’s not how mayors work >:-[

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're right. We need way more conversations covering the intricacies of the Mos Espa political system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

nine-gear crow posted:

Obviously his keyboard thing doubles as an escape pod