Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Polyllama'y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Zzulu posted:

Wellllll

Does she have a nice butt though?

Bro code poisoning -- boys telling each other that women who are crazy are also crazy in bed.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Anticheese posted:

Polyllama'y?

You have ten minutes to vacate this thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Bro code poisoning -- boys telling each other that women who are crazy are also crazy in bed.

I feel so bad for the ones who eventually escape, find a new partner, and discover this is a lie. You suffered for nothing.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

this is great

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for outting my brother who was in the closet to my parents and making him get disowned?

quote:

I (17M) have a brother (19M) I’ve always known he was gay, Me and him were close and he would come to me when he had boy problems or needed help sneaking out. Now here’s the problem, my parents (36 F and 39M) are extremely homophobic. All our lives we’ve been told that we would be disowned if we came out as “that” and there’s been few times where they questioned me and threatened to send me to a strict Christian school over seas because im underage and they can’t throw me out (im not gay btw)

The other day my parents found “toys” and when they asked my brother if they were his he completely denied it and told them they were mine. when I went home they had suitcases waiting for me. They were in fact already getting ready to send me over seas.

This is where I screwed up, I told them they weren’t mine and that they were my brothers. I love my brother a lot but I wasn’t willing to get sent over seas when I was about to graduate from my highschool with a scholarship, also I didn’t want to be blamed for something I didn’t do. (Leave “Toys” lying around)

Needless to say, my brothers college is no longer being payed for and while he does still live in the house now he has to pay rent and my parents no longer view him as their son. The other day he came to me crying asking me why I couldn’t have just taken the blame for it.

Im starting to feel horrible, I feel like I should’ve really just taken the blame and not outted him, I could’ve pretended that it was just a phase and told my parents that. AITA for outting him?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
drat, they need a subreddit specifically for lose/lose situations. good luck with your lovely parents, brothers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for outting my brother who was in the closet to my parents and making him get disowned?

As much as I say to never out someone, that brother was throwing the kid under the bus and I have very little sympathy for him.

Real villains are the parents, of course.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
I don't think he had any choice but to out him, since the alternative was being permanently disowned and exiled overseas.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Should have gone with thats my girlfriends stuff.

More realistically blame dodging brother has to graduate college, get a job, and then take in the younger brother

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

How does owning sex toys automatically make you gay 🥺

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

BabyFur Denny posted:

Enjoying your own body is a sin

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

do you really think any parent isn’t going to suspect that when they find dildos in their sons room reasonable or not.

also pretty sure they didn’t just stumble across anything. they were snooping.

literally nobody’s going to miss them when they die

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

How can you be homophobic and under 40?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The correct answer would have been to say the toys are dad's.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

teen witch posted:

AITA for telling my wife that she should stop constantly expecting appreciation and just get on with her job of being a SAHM?

I'm kind of mad and upset at this guy specifically. Mostly because of him being unaware he's not pulling his weight, despite being the breadwinner, and also because guys like him delegitimise discussions about actual issues fathers face.

I mean there would be space to discuss why exactly he feels why neither of them deserve appreciation for what they bring to the table and doesn't question that. Or how exactly they have arrived at the expectation of a spotless house and a cooked dinner every night while dealing with two 2 year olds during a pandemic, but the entire post, wording and all, destroys any goodwill there may have been.

No, this is not a hill I'm ready to die on either.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BabyFur Denny posted:

It's probably a dildo, and they're probably people who think that men who like butt stuff = gay. Pegging? what's pegging? etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gerblyn posted:

I don't think he had any choice but to out him, since the alternative was being permanently disowned and exiled overseas.

And quite possibly sent to a forced conversion camp. Can't imagine that being much better if you're not even gay.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

a podcast for cats posted:

I'm kind of mad and upset at this guy specifically. Mostly because of him being unaware he's not pulling his weight, despite being the breadwinner, and also because guys like him delegitimise discussions about actual issues fathers face.

I mean there would be space to discuss why exactly he feels why neither of them deserve appreciation for what they bring to the table and doesn't question that. Or how exactly they have arrived at the expectation of a spotless house and a cooked dinner every night while dealing with two 2 year olds during a pandemic, but the entire post, wording and all, destroys any goodwill there may have been.

No, this is not a hill I'm ready to die on either.

There's two kinds of Aita posters - those looking for validation and those genuienly questioning their own actions and the edit makes it clear that he's the latter. Yeah he hasn't been good, but capacity to grow and learn is the elements that trends towards happy outcome rather than sad outcome.

e: also outing someone who isn't actually gay isn't quite as bad as outing someone who is, but it still crosses all the thresholds for 'don't out someone', particularly when you know that the bad things will happen to them.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 20, 2022

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

TK8325 posted:

Religion.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Also, these aren't necessarily Americans. 'Strict military school overseas' makes me wonder, for instance.

Also, uh, why do you think under-40s can't be homophobic?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TK8325 posted:

Let me introduce you to most of the world

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I suppose that’s what she expected, yes. She left him to handle it on his own, with no support while she was sitting right there. He chose to tell the truth instead. Good on him.

To be fair to her there probably wasn't much more going through her mind at that point than "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck".

Staying pissed at her husband once they'd got away and had some time to cool down is lovely though. You'd think an essential part of an open relationship when living near very religious relatives would be a discussion about what to do if one of you gets outed...

Barudak posted:

Should have gone with thats my girlfriends stuff.

You use toys instead of your MANLY PENIS to make your girlfriend enjoy sex? How much gayer could you get!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Mx. posted:

My girlfriend (27f) had an absolute meltdown when I (22m) told her I wanted some alone time for the evening. We’ve been together for 3 months. I need advice.

quote:

r/relationships: she also gets jealous of my dog.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol at the idea that only 40+ are homophobic. honestly.

anyway the older brother was obviously scared but he is nineteen and decided to throw his brother under the bus because he doesn’t want to move it.

tough titties.

i do imagine he’ll apologize (or maybe i just hope) when he realizes how hosed up what he did was, even in the midst of panicking.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TK8325 posted:

20 year old dad knocking up 17 year old mom probably has something to do with it.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Mx. posted:

AITA for charging my Aunt and Uncle to babysit my little cousins?

:eyepop:

5 days a week, 12 hours a day? You're not a babysitter, you're those kids parents at that stage. You see the kids more then Mom and Dad. And she asked for $80 a week? At 10x that Aunt and uncle would be still getting an incredible deal.

I'd never babysit again. Let them pay out the rear end for proper childcare.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love how self-destructive and panicky people get when they realize their golden goose can follow the gold market.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

mediaphage posted:

lol at the idea that only 40+ are homophobic. honestly.

anyway the older brother was obviously scared but he is nineteen and decided to throw his brother under the bus because he doesn’t want to move it.

tough titties.

i do imagine he’ll apologize (or maybe i just hope) when he realizes how hosed up what he did was, even in the midst of panicking.

That was a no win situation. It wasnt hosed up what either of them did, it was two scared kids doing the best they could with an absolutely hosed up scenario.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Cthulu Carl posted:

20 year old dad knocking up 17 year old mom probably has something to do with it.

I felt a bit judgemental for it, but yeah - my immediate thought were "deeply Christian couple that got married so it wouldn't be sinful to have sex and either never learned about or are against birth control, and the homophobia is from the same religious source".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I enjoy shipping my kids overseas for sexing wrong

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA (m24) for not throwing out my “racist” collection after my girlfriend (f24) demanded me to?

quote:

I collect and make plastic models of various war machines and keep it in one of my rooms. It’s a hobby for me and I’ve been doing it since I was 18. My girlfriend of 9 months recently demanded I throw out about half of them because she thinks they’re racist and fascist. I have around 40 tanks and planes models from various countries of the world like Soviet Union, USA, Israel, Germany, and she demanded that I throw out all the German, Japanese, and Israeli ones. I really don’t have any political motivation behind these models, and I keep them as a hobby, but there is a cultural difference between me and my girlfriend so maybe it’s not acceptable. I am a Japanese guy, and she is an American woman, and I heard American is really serious about racial stuff. I try to tell her that it’s my collection I work hard on and I just like planes and tanks appearances, and not the politics behind them, but she says she doesn’t want a racist boyfriend and she will break up with me if I don’t throw them away. We had a long talk about this stuff for like 3 hours and I still am not going to throw it away, so she get angry and left my house early. I love her but I don’t think I’m willing to throw away something I work so hard on for years, but at the same time I am not sure how acceptable these kind of model tank and planes are. I am wondering how acceptable these things are internationally and if she was in the right. AITA?

Edit: I talked to her on the phone about it to try and make a compromise but she doubled down and said I have to paint the models completely orange, even the ones that she did not have a problem with. I obviously refused and now she’s really mad and saying I don’t love her and accusing me of cheating. I’m honestly about to break up

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Orange, so we immediately know that they are toys and can't hurt anyone.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If someone war-models BUT has every faction and not just Nazis, breathe a sigh of relief. You can't fathom the bullet you never had to dodge.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for "throwing a tantrum" while pregnant?

quote:

AITA Hi TA account and first time posting, I read the rules and I think this is within them but I'm sorry if I mess something up!

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I have a lot of appointments I have to go to about 45 minutes away. My husband broke his leg over the holidays and I've been told I'm not allowed to drive because of one of my complications so we've been trying our best to manage with all of that.

One thing we've been doing is paying a good friend of ours $50 and a homemade dinner to drive me to appointments. It's worked out really well.

I casually mentioned it to my mom and she threw a fit and said she would drive me. I declined as ai was comfortable with the arrangement with our friend.

Well last week my mom knew I had an appointment so she "coincidentally" came to drop some stuff off (I really don't like when she comes by unannounced so I was a bit annoyed) right before and insisted on driving me. It felt a bit diva-ish to ask our friend to still come when she was there and willing so I agreed.

We were almost late because she insisted on stopping for Starbucks in the city. I got bad news in the appointment and she just complained about how bored she had been (people can't join me for these appointments, it's a clinic rule.) She made 5 different stops to shop while I sat in the car just wanting to get home to process the news and lay down. I said this to her multiple times but it was "Oh just one thing just one thing."

Then she said she wanted to stop at a friend's house because they wanted to see me. I snapped at her. I told her absolutely not and I needed to be home NOW. She was quiet the rest of the drive and as we were getting close to my house she said "Well if we don't do things for family maybe I'll cancel my flight and not come help you the week the baby is born." I was stunned.

She's going to her place out of the country soon and I specifically told her we wanted two weeks minimum on our own with the baby. I didn't know about this flight, she booked the flight the week I'm supposed to deliver without consulting me. She won't have a place here then either because she does this kind of timeshare rotate so she was just assuming she'd stay with us.

I lost it. I told her there would be no space for her as I'd asked my MIL to be there the few weeks leading up to labor and then she would be leaving the day we got home to give us our 2 week period so she needs to find somewhere else to stay. She yelled at me about what a traitor I was to have asked my husband's mom and not her. I told her this whole day was another example of why that was the case. Don't even get me started on the international travel side of things.

We were about 15 mins from my place at the time so she told me to get out of the car and left. I walked the rest of the way home sobbing and now my sisters and aunts have all messaged me about how I need to apologize to my mother and how I was throwing a tantrum and being unkind. AITA

ETA: Wow! I wasn't expecting so many comments but thank you everyone for the input and support! I really appreciate the perspective even the YTA's! I'm reading through all the comments and wish I could reply to everyone but just wanted to say a thank you here! Also thank you for my first award!

I'm going to sleep on it and come up with a game plan in the morning but I'm really realizing behavior I've kind of come to accept as normal is pretty unexcusable and I don't want that around my baby so I will be planning a LLC or NC strategy until things improve.

Also for those worried, to clarify the walk was 15 minutes luckily not a 15 minute drive with a much longer walk and I am still encouraged to do light activity for now so while it sucked and obviously unpalnned sad walks are awful it wasn't too damaging to me or the baby :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA (m24) for not throwing out my “racist” collection after my girlfriend (f24) demanded me to?

accusing me of cheating

...what?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Brawnfire posted:

I enjoy shipping my kids overseas for sexing wrong

Shame cumshitter got perma'd because sending your straight son to a military school for engaging in hetero activities so they can learn to be gay, surrounded as they are by athletic men, would be a good bit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for "throwing a tantrum" while pregnant?

Nothing replaces the love and support of a mother, who knows what you're going through

Whorelord posted:

Shame cumshitter got perma'd because sending your straight son to a military school for engaging in hetero activities so they can learn to be gay, surrounded as they are by athletic men, would be a good bit.

"Oh, we're serious, young man! We signed you up for 'Hard Boys Boot Camp' on Mykonos. It starts this summer, and it's nothing but discipline, exercise, and STRAIGHT BOYS"

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 20, 2022

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Because if he isn’t willing to change for the love of his life, she must not be that and someone else is (and they probably want those models painted like they are now!) and yes these are totally normal leaps to make. I had a girlfriend make a huge leap to cheating like that for changing the shower head in my bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

stuxracer posted:

I had a girlfriend make a huge leap to cheating like that for changing the shower head in my bathroom.

To be fair she was under a lot of pressure, she just needed you to shower some extra affection.