Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I am so glad he included the step of cleaning out the inside.

Bit disappointed we didn't see a beautifully prepared dinner before the spectacular diorama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I saw a video about how someone rescued a store lobster and now keeps it in his aquarium and BB Lobster made me unreasonably sad.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Z the IVth posted:

I saw a video about how someone rescued a store lobster and now keeps it in his aquarium and BB Lobster made me unreasonably sad.

My favorite part was him "wrestling" with the lobster by sticking a long tool into the tank to teach it how to use its claws again.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

That sounds like an excuse you'd give a doctor when they have to remove a lobster claw from your cock

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Amphigory posted:

That sounds like an excuse you'd give a doctor when they have to remove a lobster claw from your cock

Definitely the wrong tool for the job!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Z the IVth posted:

That was a good Simpsons episode

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Not completely sure if this belongs here, but dunno where else to share it.

So I've been making some armies with my shiny new 3d printer. Found a dope barbarian lady. Set her up in the slicing software, adjusted the size of the base and changed her to match (as the model came covered in supports so it was hard to see it directly). Assumed that if the base was the right scale, she would be too, right?

Big Lady. :swoon:

I have a "Sir For Scale" like Reaper minis uses. It's a model I drop in to use as a scale reference. It can be so hard to know how big something is against the endless space of the digital build plate in your slicer software.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Der Waffle Mous posted:

also as a battleship that is clearly a strategic lobster

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I just ordered a sabertooth pug from reaper and every picture managed to hide the fact that there's a dog dick and balls lovingly sculpted on it. thats my story thanks for listening.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
This one's just happy to see you

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Mortimer Knag posted:

I just ordered a sabertooth pug from reaper and every picture managed to hide the fact that there's a dog dick and balls lovingly sculpted on it. thats my story thanks for listening.

I didn't have "anatomically correct sabertooth Pug" on my hobby bingo card. In hindsight seems like an omission.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Mortimer Knag posted:

I'm not sure if this is supposed to make you feel better, but I was very surprised that the Blackstone Fortress dog from GW had balls.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dogs have balls, it almost feels wrong to take them away. I can see why you'd not want lovingly crafted realistic dog balls on your minis though.

But they're just animals, I doubt anybody is getting aroused painting and displaying their anatomically correct sabertooth pugs.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
People who study anatomy enough to sculpt it professionally tend to take it seriously. Weird, I know.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

I doubt anybody is getting aroused painting and displaying their anatomically correct sabertooth pugs.
My sweet, innocent child...

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The Reaper Bones Kickstart I got had three giant stone dog creatures. They also had genitalia. Sometimes animals have genitals, it's OK. For what it's worth my spouse found it very amusing.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Why are these always male dogs? Is there no gender equality in the fantasy canine job market?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

the industry's a real bitch

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

This is from an upcoming kickstarter. Really feeling Broom Wizard.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I feel like we're past the point where "fun and wacky mental illness" should be acceptable. I know they are parodies, but another one of those things that people are too cavalier about.

Let's get back to dog balls.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is broom wizard Alan Moore?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Crackbone posted:

Let's get back to dog balls.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

moths posted:

Is broom wizard Alan Moore?

Parodies of Ian McKellen/Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, Eleven from Stranger Things and John Wick from John Wick.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Boo. And mental health as a punchline is a firm pass.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

moths posted:

Boo. And mental health as a punchline is a firm pass.

Yeah, until we get actual good and healthy depictions of mental health in the mainstream, mockery is never gonna be cool.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I'll see if I can grab a picture when my wife gets home as I have no camera. But it doesn't really seem like an anatomically correct dog dick, it looks like he has a dog boner running up his stomach. Luckily they threw in a free mini of some underwater woman with her tits and rear end out to go with it.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Mortimer Knag posted:

I'll see if I can grab a picture when my wife gets home as I have no camera. But it doesn't really seem like an anatomically correct dog dick, it looks like he has a dog boner running up his stomach. Luckily they threw in a free mini of some underwater woman with her tits and rear end out to go with it.
Yeah, their otherwise awesome Cerberus from the last KS had the same issue:

:psyduck:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Mortimer Knag posted:

Double down and sculpt a huge hog on that dog

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

That doesn't even look like it goes with the rest of the sculpt. Like a coworker stuck it on as a joke and then the model got turned in as finished before they noticed.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

nostrata posted:

That doesn't even look like it goes with the rest of the sculpt. Like a coworker stuck it on as a joke and then the model got turned in as finished before they noticed.
The other dog dick minis are the same way and it's the weirdest loving thing.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007
If you poke around reaper's site they've got plenty of horny models, ranging from normal tabletop mini cheesecake and topless maids to a wide variety of fully nude succubi and beast women so players can pick their favorite near-human being and body type. I've also seen downright weird poo poo like a nude woman tied to a spit above a fire. Anatomically correct animals seems almost mild for them.

It's just all old metal models that you're not going to find on the shelves of your FLGS or in a Kickstarter being ported over to Bones. Nowadays they seem to limit it to cheesecake, and mostly in the annual Sophie model with the occasional barbarian woman in fur bikini or whatever.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's like the RDR2 horse bollocks. Yes, it may be realistic. But why does it need to be there?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
*IMMERSION*

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DressCodeBlue posted:

The other dog dick minis are the same way and it's the weirdest loving thing.

Yeah it's not even actually anatomically correct so why did they bother

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
For the internet lulz and the gametable roffles.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Samovar posted:

It's like the RDR2 horse bollocks. Yes, it may be realistic. But why does it need to be there?

It's not like horses' ears have any effect on gameplay, so why not leave the ears out? :colbert:

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Sculptors - especially miniature sculptors - are a deranged group of artisans torn between commercial work-for-hire sculpting restrictions and house styles for the bigger production companies.

Source: am sculptor

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

All of the horses in Warhorse and Hordes are male and are sculpted as to avoid any confusion about that for some loving reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

rantmo posted:

All of the horses in Warhorse and Hordes are male and are sculpted as to avoid any confusion about that for some loving reason.

That's ultimately the biggest thing, is that it's pretty hypocritical. It would be easier to ignore or at least feel less weird if it was just realistically anatomically correct on all the animals, but it's always just males

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Though frankly i also don't want to have a pile of animal genitalia on every calvary sprue either