Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Clungene into Child Labour Law Reform

I await the day when children, too, can claim parliamentary privilege, and also no take-backsies, for calling someone a boofhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I said to my kid today he has to start thinking about getting a job. It's unreal he lives here (Australia) without contributing back to society.

He gave me a finger painting and I had to explain how, because it is a physical image, it is thus worthless

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Emperor McGowan giving a second COVID press conference today.... Can't be good

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
What was the first about? I missed it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I knew I should be a writer for betoota

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

abigserve posted:

He gave me a finger painting and I had to explain how, because it is a physical image, it is thus worthless

I'm far too ethical to do it, but it feels like there's a lucrative niche market in selling parents the opportunity to put their child's art on the blockchain.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally anything but actually training people.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Senor Tron posted:

I'm far too ethical to do it, but it feels like there's a lucrative niche market in selling parents the opportunity to put their child's art on the blockchain.

I’m honestly shocked it isn’t a thing yet

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

yoloer420 posted:

What was the first about? I missed it.

They announced 5 cases earlier today - was probably just the health minister.

This one is premier during primetime, it'll be a change to school opening or the Feb 5 reopening plan

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lest We Forget

https://twitter.com/sorifith/status/1482199274897444865

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
WA Borders stay closed, but more allowed reasons to get in (similar to high risk instead of very high), needs to be 3x vax, neg test, 14 days iso, tests on day 2 & 12.

Hell yeah.

Edit:

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 20, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why stop at forklifts, I heard the trucking industry is having problems too.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/business/18-year-old-truck-drivers/index.html

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

doesn't the ACT let you get a heavy vehicle license in your teens?

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
McGowan

What a oval office gently caress him.

Thanks tho.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

yoloer420 posted:

WA Borders stay closed, but more allowed reasons to get in (similar to high risk instead of very high), needs to be 3x vax, neg test, 14 days iso, tests on day 2 & 12.

Hell yeah.

Edit:

The only reason anyone even cares about WA is because of our covid laws, we lose them and we lose all relevance

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Greg of Doom posted:

McGowan

Thanks tho.

Reported for awful haiku attempt.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Greg of Doom posted:

McGowan

Thanks tho.

lmao whos rereg are you

haetbus
Mar 31, 2011

ALL ABOARD
THE HAET BUS
HONK HONK
Update on Canberra's SovCit trial:

https://the-riotact.com/dont-you-dare-sovereign-citizen-protesters-cause-chaos-in-court/527519

Magistrate Beth Campbell really not liking these people:

quote:

The hearing had a confusing start. When Magistrate Beth Campbell asked if his name was Bruce Shillingsworth, he replied, “objection”.

“You may call him Bruce of clan Shillingsworth,” the woman supporting him said.

quote:

While Magistrate Campbell was writing, the woman walked from the gallery to the prosecutor and placed a large folder on the desk in front of her, then walked up to the magistrate and put a similar folder on the bench in front of her.

“Don’t you dare!” Magistrate Campbell yelled at her, knocking the folder off her desk.

Police were called and the woman was removed from the courtroom.

Mr Shillingsworth continued to yell from the back of the courtroom, including: “Let the record know you have now been served.”

“I haven’t,” Magistrate Campbell replied.

He continued to talk even after she completed the mention of the case and left the bench for the protesters to be removed from the room.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's shocking that Western Australians value their health and safety even more than trips to Bali.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

A terrible violation of fundamental human rights.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Animal Friend posted:

Reported for
awful haiku
attempt.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Literally anything but actually paying people a decent wage

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-21/victorians-healthcare-system-crisis-covid-omicron-surge/100770204

Looks like these people need to get better at learning to live with covid.

I mean, it's not like the government didn't have a fuckload of time to plan to prevent poo poo like this, how could they have possibly known this would happen?!

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it's not even like it's unexpected, this omicron wave is not too far off what all the models from around september predicted as the worst case for reopening with delta

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

haetbus posted:

Update on Canberra's SovCit trial:

https://the-riotact.com/dont-you-dare-sovereign-citizen-protesters-cause-chaos-in-court/527519

Magistrate Beth Campbell really not liking these people:
Remembering when I transcribed Mag Court and the defendant, charged with speeding out of a KFC car park, argued that the Crown had been a deception since the Reformation.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/Ageinvestigates/status/1484320454177607680

lol

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Periphery posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-21/victorians-healthcare-system-crisis-covid-omicron-surge/100770204

Looks like these people need to get better at learning to live with covid.

I mean, it's not like the government didn't have a fuckload of time to plan to prevent poo poo like this, how could they have possibly known this would happen?!

poo poo's unravelling for the learn to live with the virus crew. Tasmania is providing schools with air purifiers, admitting institutional responsibility for jamming people together in still boxes of covid air for the first time. This has been relevant strategy for airborne disease since before covid was the glimmer in the eye of a Wuhan bat, why was it not entertained during our other waves? Why weren't there real mask recommendations for 2 years after the need for them became obvious and why can nobody find them now that it's become blindly obvious they've been needed since the beginning. Seems like doing the bare minimum every time is a bad public health policy, especially when the population has been giving up everything through hard lockdowns.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Hashy posted:

poo poo's unravelling for the learn to live with the virus crew. Tasmania is providing schools with air purifiers, admitting institutional responsibility for jamming people together in still boxes of covid air for the first time. This has been relevant strategy for airborne disease since before covid was the glimmer in the eye of a Wuhan bat, why was it not entertained during our other waves? Why weren't there real mask recommendations for 2 years after the need for them became obvious and why can nobody find them now that it's become blindly obvious they've been needed since the beginning. Seems like doing the bare minimum every time is a bad public health policy, especially when the population has been giving up everything through hard lockdowns.

"But we can't improve schools for the same reason we can't build more/improve hospitals: It costs too much money and the budget couldn't handle such extravagant spending on non-essential things!"
- Some politician

*Spends $70bn on submarines, $17bn on planes and $3.5bn on tanks that either wont work or wont be used*

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Periphery posted:

*Spends $70bn on submarines, $17bn on planes and $3.5bn on tanks that either wont work or wont be used*

Look at this soft-on-defence pinko.

*steps over corpses in street*

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Periphery posted:

Army person on facebook: "So I guess you just want Australia to be undefended? What if China starts a land war?"

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 21, 2022

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheMostFrench posted:

Army person on facebook: "So I guess you just want Australia to be undefended? What if China starts a land war?"

Well?

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I figure we'll use the same strategy as if we had tanks and nuclear submarines.

Stare in disbelief at the yanks as they mumble something about not wanting to get involved, before losing to China in minutes.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I want the ccp to liberate me from Australian rule

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
i want to be liberated from the posts of west australians

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

realbez posted:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I figure we'll use the same strategy as if we had tanks and nuclear submarines.

Stare in disbelief at the yanks as they mumble something about not wanting to get involved, before losing to China in minutes.

China can't even invade Taiwan and they're right next door.

lol at the idea China could bring enough ships to reach Australia in any numbers, let alone enough to be considered a threat.

Besides, China's military is only for oppressing Chinese people, like any good brutal authoritarian state.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

realbez posted:

i want you to come back to discord

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Hashy posted:

The learn to live with the virus crew just think people are being too lazy to go to work and getting a week of sick is just a matter of getting a stock image of a positive RAT and texting it to the boss. They have been convinced covid isn't a big deal since the very beginning and won't be changing their minds anytime soon.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Megillah Gorilla posted:

China can't even invade Taiwan and they're right next door.

i think a better way of putting it is that if china invaded taiwan, there would not be enough left of china by the time they got there for anyone to think it was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

ABC

quote:

The former SAS soldier provided the court with Telstra records but Justice Bromwich found there was "an unacceptably high chance" that someone other than Ms Roberts, or the proposed respondents, could have accessed the email account.

"This is too significant a margin for error to allow me to infer anything concrete from this evidence, let alone to order that any examination should occur based on it," Justice Bromwich said.
Ouch.