Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Jeez, last couple days have been agony. Been having breathing problems, breathing the instinctual way (generally the preferred way to do it) I get horrible wracking coughs that cause a lot of pain in my upper back and the right side of my chest. If I focus on my breathing and take shallow, short breaths then it's fine but then I feel like I'm not getting enough. Laying on my back or side makes all of that worse so sleeping has been impossible until my body just forces me to conk out.

Covid tests are coming out negative, none of my family are showing symptoms, I've not been out and it doesn't feel like the symptoms I had when I had it November for sure so it seems unlikely to be covid. I'm wondering if this is just a long covid symptom that I've just started exhibiting now for some reason, started feeling a bit out of breath after walks and such a week or so after I recovered, that's persisted but this is a whole new level of poo poo. NHS 111 told me to try and get a GP appointment so I can find out what this is but seems unlikely to happen from what I hear from colleagues/friends who go to the doctor more often that I do.

If it is the long covid though, I think that'll be the thing that makes me quit my job because I won't be able to not call the directors of the company cunts every time I interact with them since the only reason I caught covid was them making me come into the office for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Another one-two punch to start the morning

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1484112094916141063?s=20

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1484109820760412160?s=20

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

thebardyspoon posted:

Jeez, last couple days have been agony. Been having breathing problems, breathing the instinctual way (generally the preferred way to do it) I get horrible wracking coughs that cause a lot of pain in my upper back and the right side of my chest. If I focus on my breathing and take shallow, short breaths then it's fine but then I feel like I'm not getting enough. Laying on my back or side makes all of that worse so sleeping has been impossible until my body just forces me to conk out.

Covid tests are coming out negative, none of my family are showing symptoms, I've not been out and it doesn't feel like the symptoms I had when I had it November for sure so it seems unlikely to be covid. I'm wondering if this is just a long covid symptom that I've just started exhibiting now for some reason, started feeling a bit out of breath after walks and such a week or so after I recovered, that's persisted but this is a whole new level of poo poo. NHS 111 told me to try and get a GP appointment so I can find out what this is but seems unlikely to happen from what I hear from colleagues/friends who go to the doctor more often that I do.

If it is the long covid though, I think that'll be the thing that makes me quit my job because I won't be able to not call the directors of the company cunts every time I interact with them since the only reason I caught covid was them making me come into the office for no reason.

I've had this on and off since April 2020 (when I had Covid symptoms but testing wasn't really a thing). The NHS pretty much gave up on working out it was (after ruling out the really serious stuff) and since it only comes back for a few days every month I'm just living with it, assuming I have long Covid and this will be my life now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/gengarwho/status/1483868786273009669?t=VDemDIbWNDkCTsOei5CLfg&s=19

I laughed.

I have a phone interview with a GP about my medication next week and I'm trying to work out if I'm angrier than normal or if it's just a reasonable response to the entire world. I had that problem with depression for ages, just seemed that despair was a rational response to life in general.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Always laugh when I see Billy Bragg's Wario in the news.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

This sounds a bit like pneumonia mate, I'd check with a GP asap to rule out anything serious. Also lol at the job, sounds familiar :shepicide:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

"It is wrong for whips to threaten MPs with leaking embarrassing information", says "video exists of another man urinating on him in a bathtub" (iirc)

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

thebardyspoon posted:

Covid tests are coming out negative, none of my family are showing symptoms, I've not been out and it doesn't feel like the symptoms I had when I had it November for sure so it seems unlikely to be covid.
Worth doing a throat swab if you haven't already, I know a couple of people now that consistently tested negative on nasal swabs and immediately tested positive on throat. Failing that I'd be tempted to get a PCR just to narrow down whether it's another bought of covid rather than something else...

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

thebardyspoon posted:

Could also be a collapsed lung! I had one when I was young, but being young and stupid I did nothing about it for like four days. I only really payed attention when I realised I could barely breathe lying down and it probably wasn't asthma at that stage.

Obvs the first suspicion is covid/long covid but can't rule out something more mechanical. That sort of thing is top of the triage list, so you should really be thrust into a room if you appear at A&E with those complaints.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

thebardyspoon posted:

Aidan_702 posted:

Could also be a collapsed lung! I had one when I was young, but being young and stupid I did nothing about it for like four days. I only really payed attention when I realised I could barely breathe lying down and it probably wasn't asthma at that stage.

Obvs the first suspicion is covid/long covid but can't rule out something more mechanical. That sort of thing is top of the triage list, so you should really be thrust into a room if you appear at A&E with those complaints.

+1

My wife had one of these years ago and this sounds similar.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

thebardyspoon posted:

Stop loving about and go to A&E as soon as you possibly can. Call 111 first if you really insist. poo poo like this needs looked at asap.

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 20, 2022

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Could also be pneumonia, you should see a doc ASAP.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thebardyspoon posted:

Get your arse to A&E right now, because as Aidan says this absolutely sounds like it could be a collapsed lung. It's been 30 years since my bilateral pneumothorax and I'm still never going to forget what it feels like, in part because I still feel some of it every day.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

The only thing they love more than loving over the poor is loving over each other.

Knives (into the poor) for show.
Knives (into other Tories) for Pros.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer
*looks at hole in torso caused by large cannonball*

Frickin long covid

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
New Variant's Spike Protein Is 14ft Sarissa

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

grauniad liveblog @ 12:04 posted:

No 10 says it is not planning to investigate Wragg's 'blackmail' claims, saying it has not seen evidence to support them

At the Downing Street lobby briefing the prime minister’s spokesman said he was not aware of any plans for an investigation into the William Wragg blackmail allegations. (See 10.19am.) The spokesman highlighted the earlier No 10 response (see 11.26am) saying it was not aware of any evidence to support the claims.

Asked about the Lib Dem claim that Boris Johnson has been behaving like a mafia boss (see 11.29am), the spokesman said:

We’ve been clear again that there is no evidence to support the claims put forward, but this is a matter for the whips office and not one for me to comment on.

Asked if Johnson condemned all forms of bullying and harassment, the spokesman replied: “Yes.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aDgq5HQeM

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

New Variant's Spike Protein Is 14ft Sarissa

Will take a whole Phalanx of meds to fix that one. :ohdear:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Simultaneously blackmail is far too commonplace in the Tory party to be worth acknowledging.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1484112611616735233?t=xiZ0CD6sQUAlUM14RSinPw&s=19

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thebardyspoon posted:

Go to A&E now and get a chest x-ray.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lots of hacks acting tremendously surprised to learn today that the media/political complex has a big safe full of blackmail material that is regularly activated, suppressed or traded

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

smellmycheese posted:

Lots of hacks acting tremendously surprised to learn today that the media/political complex has a big safe full of blackmail material that is regularly activated, suppressed or traded

Just leaving this here...

https://twitter.com/ABearOnABike/status/1484132754564464640?s=20

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

smellmycheese posted:

I'm wondering what they ever thought the whips did. It's not like they're called the persuaders.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

On the unredacted list we discover that Kwasi Kwartang has had affairs with both Truss and Rudd.

https://twitter.com/Smazeny_/status/1484145894396207109

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Rude to refer to Sophie Bolsover as an 'odd thing'

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
https://twitter.com/Thelma_DWalker/status/1484131359052423169

Have we seen this? Some small left parties potentially forming a strategy?

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Very interested to see where the PAL thing goes. If nothing else it's a start of something... I have no illusions about it being a failure to begin with, and it's important when that happens that they don't do a Change UK and just throw in the towel.

So much more happening today too, with the Tory Sex Perv list, the car crash interviews with Reeves, the funding blackmail stuff from No10. Starmer's new Plan for Britain:

An industrious Britain
A mellow Britain
A beautiful Britain
An extraordinary Britain
A Britain on the Edge
A futuristic Britain
A Northern Britain

Prosperity Security Authority

Britain for the British.

Inspiring stuff(!)

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
What is the story behind that list? Where did it come from? Rory Stewart's entry (as it were) is perfect.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Perfect Element posted:

What is the story behind that list? Where did it come from? Rory Stewart's entry (as it were) is perfect.

Stewart's entry is absolutely incredible for sure.

I seem to remember it being leaked about 4 years ago.

Interesting to look at it now knowing things about e.g. Hancock.

Liam Fox's entry is something too.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

The Perfect Element posted:

Red Oktober posted:

Stewart's entry is absolutely incredible for sure.

I seem to remember it being leaked about 4 years ago.

Interesting to look at it now knowing things about e.g. Hancock.

Liam Fox's entry is something too.

What am I missing about Rory Stewart's entry?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jeherrin posted:

What am I missing about Rory Stewart's entry?

Who Adam Werritty is?

E: no, that's Fox, isn't it. Rory the Tory is just weird.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

On the unredacted list we discover that Kwasi Kwartang has had affairs with both Truss and Rudd.

https://twitter.com/Smazeny_/status/1484145894396207109

Imagine a huge Boris Squid.
And when it thinks its going to be in danger it farts out a 'LOOKATALLTHESEOTHERS' poo poo cloud in order not to escape, but to stay where it is.
So now there's just poo poo dripping from everywhere, and the squid in the mid smiling that its safe now.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Tory definition of 'odd things' in a sexual sense is probably either really vanilla or really messed up.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Tory definition of 'odd things' in a sexual sense is probably either really vanilla or really messed up.

"had sex with a man wearing perfume (recently came out)" is not exactly watergate

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's vague, where "filmed being pissed on by three blokes" is specific.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

'Does not want to place penis in dead pigs mouth'

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Who the gently caress uses "fornicated" in this millennium?

(Yeah, yeah, Tory whips, that's who.)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Will Wragg for money

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
In fairness to Jake Berry on that list he did marry the woman he "impregnated".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Willy Rag