Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This dude seems like he's making stuff up on the spot, ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Sleekly posted:

of my possible deaths were:
heart attack
old age
espionage whoopsie
cancer
whacked by Radar

i know what id choose
"espionage whoopsie" makes me want to watch Burn After Reading again.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
imagine being undercover as a revolutionary in rural China, not knowing the aliens are desperate for revolutionary spirit and will abduct you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

imagine being undercover as a revolutionary in rural China, not knowing the aliens are desperate for revolutionary spirit and will abduct you

well why won't they come talk to me then
is it all the COVID well look aliens I can't help the country I was born in

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
they already got their revolutionary quota with me because I’m super revolutionary but I’ll ask them to pick u up as well

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

flying saucers spin you knobs, they already have a surplus of revolutions

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

im dying to know what black aviation projects China is doing

will Xi make Posadism real?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Petey posted:

thanks so much for mentioning this. the bit about the prologue of genesis clicked his dark materials into place for me. it's my favorite book series — i have a quarter sleeve tattoo, working on more — and i knew pullman was influenced by a gnostic phase in his 20s, but didn't have any context for how until i read a bit about this.

yeah i have been worried about this with some of my students (i think i linked a tulpa research paper earlier)

I recommend the guy behind the youtube channel Religion For Breakfast, he is a phd in his field (not gnosticism lol), iirc his background is actually in 1st/2nd century christian magic artifacts but he has a lot of good info both on youtube as religion for breakfast but he's done seminars and lectures about gnosticism and stuff and it was my entry point for a more comprehensive understanding

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

Wheeee posted:

Lue's on Coast to Coast tonight btw

in case anyone missed it and wants to listen to a replay, here's a good link for a C2C archive

https://zfirelight-shows.blogspot.com/

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Rickshaw posted:

It's likely it wasn't called the Aurora (that seems to have come from a budget line item related to B-2 development) but there is substantial evidence that there was a high-supersonic / possibly hypersonic demonstrator being flown in the 80s and 90s.

Chris Gibson was working on an oil rig in the North Sea in 1989. He's a member of the Royal Observer Corps, meaning he's the kind of aircraft nerd that has trained for years to identify aircraft by their silhouettes & etc. He saw a highly-swept delta-wing triangle configuration aircraft refueling behind a KC-135 tanker as they flew overhead, flanked by F-111s. His story has never changed and you couldn't hope for a better witness. As an incident, it's a highly believable example of opsec failure; why would anyone expect there to be a trained observer working on an oil rig right where you want to refuel your classified asset?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/oil-rig-engineer-sketches-secret-us-spy-aircraft-1563429.html

There were a series of mystery sonic booms ("skyquakes") over the southern west coast of the US in the 90s. Researchers reconstructed the flight path and speed of the booms from seismograph data (!) recorded in the region. Again, pretty solid evidence. It was neither an SR-71 or a space shuttle reentry.
https://authors.library.caltech.edu/3348/

Back in the 80s / early 90s, it was actually possible to hike up a mountain near Rachel Nevada and get a good view of area 51. If you believe this report, a few intrepid base watchers actually saw something fitting the description take off:
https://www.dreamlandresort.com/trip_reports/trip_020.html

I have documentation from a reported incident at Kadena AFB in 1994 where a plane in distress was forced to an emergency landing. Base personnel were moved inside and put on lockdown, and the plane was tracked coming in at mach 4.2.

There's more bread crumbs out there if you go digging. Lots and lots of rumors from old military dudes if you know where to hunt. DOD / DARPA research on hypersonics, drag reduction, materials science, combined cycle thrusters, single stage to orbit / two stage to orbit engine systems, projects isinglass and rheinberry, kingfish, COPPER CANYON and COPPER COAST, the NASP, the rumored "brilliant buzzard," plasma-enabled MHD drives, methane slush fuel, the SR-72 / project blackswift, pulse jets, scram jets, ram jets, aerospikes..... It's hard to tie it all together into a clear picture, but I'm 90% sure a blackbird replacement was being tested for some time.

That's good stuff!

Also dovetails with whatever happened at RAF Boscombe Down:

https://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_projects/boscombe.htm

quote:

On September 26th 1994, something happened at RAF Boscombe Down - apparently involving the United States most secret and number -one Black Project aircraft.
During that night, the Aircraft involved made its take-off run down the long runway. Just before rotation, the aircraft experienced some serious problems which led to the crew immediately letting-off the power and shutting down the engines.
Boscombe controllers immediately contacted the London Air Traffic Control Center (LATCC), that a Serious Incident had occurred at RAF Boscombe Down, and that the runway was now totally Blocked to Aircraft. ("Black" in aviation terms)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

blatman posted:

flying saucers spin you knobs, they already have a surplus of revolutions

:golfclap:

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Toupee Groupie posted:

Speaking of physical effects, but one of the things that has been reported is that the cars that stop working in the presence of a craft are all gasoline powered cars. In France and Arizona, people who were in diesel powered vehicles were able to keep on driving, even though their electrical didn't work, because a diesel engine with what were then all mechanical injection and fuel pumps were not interrupted by whatever was causing the electrical interference.

Not only will an old Mercedes diesel run after the nukes fly, but they will work after the birds land and take over.
:thunk: anyone think this is their way of telling us electrical technology is a dead end and it's all about Antikythera mechanisms and long term biological engineering?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tbh it says to me shoving easily disrupted electronics that do nothing analog/mechanically powered stuff can't is an op

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I love Aurora stuff, and had totally forgotten about it. Remember being fascinated by it in the 90s when I was a dorky plane nerd kid, and would always been on the lookout for articles and books on the project, or weird UFO talk radio shows. Then the stories just seemed to dry up, so I guess I just assumed that it had either been shelved, or rendered obsolete by satellite technology.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

keep punching joe posted:

I love Aurora stuff, and had totally forgotten about it. Remember being fascinated by it in the 90s when I was a dorky plane nerd kid, and would always been on the lookout for articles and books on the project, or weird UFO talk radio shows. Then the stories just seemed to dry up, so I guess I just assumed that it had either been shelved, or rendered obsolete by satellite technology.

Yeah I'd assume that we have the ability to take satellite pictures of literally anywhere on Earth whenever we want. So even if we don't have a set of satellites in permanent geosynchronous orbit that can take a picture whenever, we can get something covertly up quickly enough that the lag is better than risking a plane being shot down or having mechanical trouble and crashing while taking said pictures.

But that still leaves the question of what you can do on a cloudy day.

The real value would be having something small that could be deployed from a submarine (or travel long distances underwater), pop up into the air just long enough to take pictures, then get back underwater where its super hard to track anything before scuttling off.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goochtit posted:

:thunk: anyone think this is their way of telling us electrical technology is a dead end and it's all about Antikythera mechanisms and long term biological engineering?

I don't know if it's an intentional signal or not but I'll be convinced of the second part till the day I die.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Jazerus posted:

we're a sad little private server of World of Monke left to rot on the cloud after all of the admins got bored. there are exactly twelve people still playing

so the Mandela Effect is just a sign of patch releases?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Got a massive, pulverizing hit of the ol mandy the other day when I found out gene hackman is still alive. I loving remember seeing news about his death some time during the Obama years, I remember thinking of him building that house in unforgiven and talking to my missus about how crazy it was that clint eastwood outlived him in the end.

youd for i
Mar 24, 2006

Please enter your password, then press pound

Slavvy posted:

Got a massive, pulverizing hit of the ol mandy the other day when I found out gene hackman is still alive. I loving remember seeing news about his death some time during the Obama years, I remember thinking of him building that house in unforgiven and talking to my missus about how crazy it was that clint eastwood outlived him in the end.

I had that, I think I got confused with Dennis Hopper though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dl6U1nGJQ

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Probably confusing it with Robert Loggia

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

really just wanna commune with angels and aliens, who are the same beings, and smoke weed while contemplating divinity and smashing traitors gdi

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Riot Bimbo posted:

really just wanna commune with angels and aliens, who are the same beings, and smoke weed while contemplating divinity and smashing traitors gdi

I parsed this as you wanting to get high, contemplate infinity and smash those traitors in the global defense initiative

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I parsed this as you wanting to get high, contemplate infinity and smash those traitors in the global defense initiative

honestly it works bc i am a nod loyalist in that universe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hope the angel aliens aren't holding a grudge about my obnoxious internet atheist phase

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If they do I'm in trouble too buddy but ime they are mostly rly nice and they legit dont seem to have time for tricky bullshit unlike SOME METAPHYSICAL ENTITIES

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
imagine rubbing one out in the astral plane and a portal opens up with these folks watching you intently. what do you do?

https://twitter.com/jasong8891/status/1484138967738032128

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

neutral milf hotel posted:

imagine rubbing one out in the astral plane and a portal opens up with these folks watching you intently. what do you do?

Another one

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

neutral milf hotel posted:

In my headcanon, Tay was not actually an AI twitter bot from Microsoft but actually an early experiment in giving the Sandia Mountain Crew access to social media.

I hear that to this day, they're still having to un-teach Tay some of those words :ohdear:

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fucken Gary always trying to be zany, stand up straight for your goddamn portrait like everyone else

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m seeing a boy band in the makingnhere

Gary is the silly one

pnuti is the heartbreaker

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I don't trust people that always tight-lipped smile

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

I don't trust people that always tight-lipped smile

Pedo smile

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Do they have teeth
we need to see their teeth
I need to know if they have canines/incisors

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
whatup my greys :heysexy:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
its ok radar gave me a grey pass

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Demon alien: let me stick my hand up your rear end and work your mouth like a puppet

Angel alien: reality is an illusion lol sanctify your mind and body and transcend this mortal realm

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Which one is radar ? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.