Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Personally I'm just glad that King Kenny is still coming through for the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vyelkin posted:

Personally I'm just glad that King Kenny is still coming through for the club.

Kenny saved all of his old swabs from when he got Covid and gave them to his daughter.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

False positive is a super common phrase though and it seemed to me at the time that everyone jumped on the fact getting 13 false positives at the same time is really improbable.

Liverpool should have just told the PL that they simply don’t feel like playing that day like Arsenal did.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i'm sure Liverpool cheated and i'm sure every club did and does, except the one I support

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I hope they do it again but instead use tests sourced from the totally legit Ian Rush’s Test Emporium ltd.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/theMadridZone/status/1484194142192390145

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Imagining being on the phones at his agency and every footballer in the world leaving en masse if he dies or has to quit

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

deadpan to camera I wish him a speedy recovery

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
mino want him to survive

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
put a comma after mino

maybe

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

a lung disease you say

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Here's the full bullet point list from that Athletic article. I'll see if I can get the full text unless that's against forum rules.

It seems like much ado about nothing to me, but I will admit that hearing that from a Liverpool fan doesn't mean much.

Sounds like another case of Hanlon's Razor to me.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sucking the soul out of football has taken it's toll

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Red hot ITK news, Mrs ghosts parents just had their telly cables repaired by a guy who said he's on a rush job to rewire a house in an area frequented by Liverpool based footy types because fat Frank lampard is moving in and taking the Everton job. Don't know why he'd lie. Huge if true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
seems legit, we all know Lampard insists on having his house rewired before he can move in.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

seems legit, we all know Lampard insists on having his house rewired before he can move in.

He does actually seem the type to insist that his home wiring be updated to reflect BS 7671 18th Edition.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lazio_oh_nooo.png

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He does actually seem the type to insist that his home wiring be updated to reflect BS 7671 18th Edition.

Frank got some GCSEs so you know he'd a proper nerd.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Frank got some GCSEs so you know he'd a proper nerd.

He needs all of the wiring double-insulated in case Lord Sebastian nibbles at it.

(If you're not familiar with the Top Flight Time Machine lore about Frank Lampard and his gerbil Lord Sebastian then this will all be gibberish to you, but really the thousands of hours of two middle-aged blokes not really talking about football are worth it just for the moment when Sam dismisses Lampard as a "laminating oval office")

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He needs all of the wiring double-insulated in case Lord Sebastian nibbles at it.

(If you're not familiar with the Top Flight Time Machine lore about Frank Lampard and his gerbil Lord Sebastian then this will all be gibberish to you, but really the thousands of hours of two middle-aged blokes not really talking about football are worth it just for the moment when Sam dismisses Lampard as a "laminating oval office")

i don't understand a single thing in this post

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Read the Athletic piece on Liverpool’s testing regime, maybe I’m naive but thinking the bigger issue is trying to plow through these matches now when a ‘circuit breaker’ really could have been useful this time. Hey ho.

Gigi Galli posted:

Lazio_oh_nooo.png

I keep that on hand

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

harperdc posted:

I keep that on hand

I have it saved and use it all the time! It really is perfect for so many situations.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Anyone noticed a negative trend in Watford's play?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Lazio oh noooo is the single most useful image ever created and the one reason Lazio should be allowed to exist.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dudley posted:

Lazio oh noooo is the single most useful image ever created and the one reason Lazio should be allowed to exist.

I mean there's another famous Lazio crowd banner.....

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

yeah but that's a Celtic banner

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

CyberPingu posted:

I'm not sure "Auschwitz is your homeland, ovens are your homes" is quite as useful for when something bad happens but it's actually good

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

but yeah, Lazio need to exist so that Celtic fans can show up with LAZIALE PARTO ANALE banners and hang Mussolini from the upper tier

somehow trolling is classier when you do it in Italian

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

goddamnedtwisto posted:

For the 97% who don't know what this is about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsrfZwB1H54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNM80d7PQrg

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

somehow trolling is classier when you are making fun of Nazis

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Finally, something we all can agree on.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

harperdc posted:

Read the Athletic piece on Liverpool’s testing regime, maybe I’m naive but thinking the bigger issue is trying to plow through these matches now when a ‘circuit breaker’ really could have been useful this time. Hey ho.

I keep that on hand

What's the story behind the banner? Or is it just a banner?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Lazio hates Roma. Roma were top of the league. Inter were behind them and were playing Lazio. Lazio was 16th and fighting to stay out of relegation.

The Lazio fans were actively cheering their own team to lose so Inter could prevent Roma from winning the league.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

iirc they ended up loudly booing their own team any time they'd leave their own half

and people got caremad about it and said that this is italian professional football, it's no place for stupid hijinks and conspiracies

you may write your own joke

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

Lazio hates Roma. Roma were top of the league. Inter were behind them and were playing Lazio. Lazio was 16th and fighting to stay out of relegation.

The Lazio fans were actively cheering their own team to lose so Inter could prevent Roma from winning the league.

…and that banner came out after Inter scored. They weren’t exactly heartbroken to see a Roma scudetto chance ruined.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

He's got a foot like a traction engine!

Also a brain like a traction engine.