Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
i also think that the government is like cp_granary and if a guy sits in a special chair for too long he becomes the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I just read the last page mentally replacing jan 6th with that time that guy shot Scalise's dick and balls off and had a real hearty chuckle

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I literally respect people genuinely scared of the devil or ghosts or bigfoot more than people scared by Jan 6th

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

why would anyone be scared of Bigfoot?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

they fear him because they don't understand him. They're wrong, but I still respect them more than jan 6 freaks

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

it's normal to live in respectful fear of apes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gripweed posted:

probably has a big dick

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pharmaskittle posted:

it's normal to live in respectful fear of apes

they're just guys

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wolfsheim posted:

I just read the last page mentally replacing jan 6th with that time that guy shot Scalise's dick and balls off and had a real hearty chuckle
A true American hero

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Calico Heart posted:

Is the argument seriously “trump voters are dumb, it was all just a laugh, there’s no universe in which any of them could possibly ever kill a politician on Jan 6th”?
Dude, you're the one who came stumbling into the thread to argue about how Chapo...isn't making a big enough deal about 1/6? Like, what's your argument, for starters?

Calico Heart posted:

What’s the number of people that have to be killed by a mob before it’s something worth thinking about then?

Like, not trying to be holier-than-thou, or anything, just not sure what the conclusion is - should everyone there just get a free pass?

Calico Heart posted:

if someone tried to kill you but tazed themselves in the balls instead you’d say “eh, doesn’t really count, he wasn’t very good at killing me?”
Okay, this is why arguing with you people is so loving annoying. This conversation isn't about why attempted murder is illegal.

I hope that you don't get murdered by some shirtless YouTuber who calls himself the Freedom Druid. But if you do, I'm not going to consider it AN UNPRECEDENTED THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY!!! and donate my paycheck to Amy Klobuchar's reelection campaign.

The main thing that will come out of 1/6, besides fundraising, is ceding more power to law enforcement. You know, the people who join radical right-wing movements, and basically run them under the guise of "infiltrating" and "keeping tabs on" them. Some of us don't have Goldfish Brain from watching the news all day, and we notice when, for example, the person who plans a terror attack and convinces his friends to do it is also the FBI informant who blows the whistle on the whole thing.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 20, 2022

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Okay to be clear; I was more just saying I was annoyed by the fact that the chapo guys speak as if the trump people could never have hurt anyone, and also that just because they’re dumb and incompetent they didn’t reallywant to overthrow the government.

I’m not saying they were a threat to democracy statewide - I’m saying why pretend they didn’t want what they wanted or that they couldn’t hurt anyone? Maybe my reading is wrong but the chapo guys opinion seems to be “eh, don’t prosecute republicans who egged them on or arrest anyone there”.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm not really hung up on whether it was an according-to-Hoyle coup attempt. If I announce that I'm going to kill Brandon with my psychic powers, which will make me president, I guess that's a coup attempt? Or does it only become a coup attempt is when the Democrats try to fundraise off of it?

They were trying to kill cops and politicians. Why would Chapo have a problem with that? Why should I have a problem with that?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

Okay to be clear; I was more just saying I was annoyed by the fact that the chapo guys speak as if the trump people could never have hurt anyone, and also that just because they’re dumb and incompetent they didn’t reallywant to overthrow the government.

I’m not saying they were a threat to democracy statewide - I’m saying why pretend they didn’t want what they wanted or that they couldn’t hurt anyone? Maybe my reading is wrong but the chapo guys opinion seems to be “eh, don’t prosecute republicans who egged them on or arrest anyone there”.

Maybe it’s taken as given that even idiots are smart enough to know that we gotta burn this poo poo down to build something better from the ashes. The last thing I blame anyone for is wanting to destroy whatever you call the political structures of the US as they exist rn.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I literally dont understand why anyone thinks a mob of randos can coup the US by maybe taking pot shots at fleeing senators. There is no universe in which security wouldnt have just domed whoever got close enough to a senator to zip tie them and even if they had managed to kill one, theyd just get replaced? Its not theyre gonna let the Q shaman sit up there and start issuing laws unilaterally cause he has AOC hog tied or whatever.

Everyone knew Joe Biden won, the process they were attempting to disrupt is a formality. Stopping it doesnt change the outcome, it doesnt make him not the president in the eyes of the rest of the country. Seriously please describe to me what you think would have happened if the mob had managed to capture or kill some/all the senators?
You cant actually coup the US without the cooperation of the military so please dont pretend that a bunch of morons taking a poo poo on Nancy Pelosi's keyboard was a real threat to the power of the american state.

Also just to drive it home, that cult of whackos in Jonestown literally murdered a serving US representative and the country didnt shut down. They replaced him and moved on. Jan 6th wasnt ever gonna be poo poo other than an excuse to throw more money into domestic surveillance

Calico Heart posted:

I’m not saying they were a threat to democracy statewide

This is what the media pundits were saying though, which is largely the reaction to Jan 6th. No one in America gives a gently caress about strangers getting hurt, are you kidding me

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 20, 2022

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

sexpig by night posted:

they're just guys

I think they're cool but I don't think there's anything weird about being a little scared of a cool guy who can pull your hands off if they get upset or confused

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
There aren't enough bigfoots (bigfeet?) to discern which type of ape they are. Gorillas mostly seem chill, a chimpanzee of the same size would be a nightmare.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Will starting that ep with "take me out to the ballgame" is still my favorite chapo moment

I was one of the ones laughing maniacally during jan6. congress is responsible for so much suffering in the world that I wouldn't have shed a tear even if they ganked some of my problematic faves. I quit caring about their material safety long ago; if I can't afford to see a dentist, why should i?

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 20, 2022

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If you posted about it, then you gotta watch this movie and give a review once it's out.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1484240627890102282

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ape related disaster is probably much more likely to happen to Chapo compared to most other groups.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Mr. Grinch posted:

I literally dont understand why anyone thinks a mob of randos can coup the US by maybe taking pot shots at fleeing senators. There is no universe in which security wouldnt have just domed whoever got close enough to a senator to zip tie them and even if they had managed to kill one, theyd just get replaced? Its not theyre gonna let the Q shaman sit up there and start issuing laws unilaterally cause he has AOC hog tied or whatever.

Everyone knew Joe Biden won, the process they were attempting to disrupt is a formality. Stopping it doesnt change the outcome, it doesnt make him not the president in the eyes of the rest of the country. Seriously please describe to me what you think would have happened if the mob had managed to capture or kill some/all the senators?
You cant actually coup the US without the cooperation of the military so please dont pretend that a bunch of morons taking a poo poo on Nancy Pelosi's keyboard was a real threat to the power of the american state.

we had the sitting president assassinated during the midst of a literal civil war! it didn't mean that jefferson davis got to take over

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The intelligence community has successfully pulled off a poo poo ton of foreign coups and several domestic ones absolutely no one gives a poo poo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

jpmeyer posted:

we had the sitting president assassinated during the midst of a literal civil war! it didn't mean that jefferson davis got to take over
For all intents and purposes, it did

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Chakan posted:

If you posted about it, then you gotta watch this movie and give a review once it's out.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1484240627890102282

ah gently caress. :sigh:

fair's fair, i guess

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

I can't really speak for Chapo, but I just think it seems incongruous with the Democratic Party as we know it to actually follow through in a way that mattered. Even if one of the hollering freaks had killed Pelosi, do you think there would be any real punishment for a Republican representative or senator who had egged them on? IMO the Dems care too much about their ideals of bipartisanship and unity to do anything like that. At most there would be about as much political theater as we've already had.

And so since I can't imagine a meaningful difference from the way things actually turned out, why should I care?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gripweed posted:

Because if you get stuck in a log near him he’s gonna turn you out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

help me step foot, i'm stuck

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

i say swears online posted:

help me step foot

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm kinda sad Biden's gonna lose to Trump in '24 because the security overreaction from the Dems would have been kinda funny.

Maybe we'll get the Hamilton insurrection. Again.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Yeah, but think of all those Republicans holding rallies, just breathing on each other

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden didn't even run, the man is flagging

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also that would leave the race open for the dream rematch we all want to see

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

No Dignity posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden didn't even run, the man is flagging

Wasn't he always claiming to be running for only one term?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
its very funny to know that anyone with the political acumen to even know what Chapo is thinks that Jan 6 could ever have been severe enough to have any sort of backlash from the federal government

to the CHUDs' credit, Jan 6 before the inauguration of the most feckless administration in history WAS a genius bit of strategic timing.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

He also claimed he was going to give everyone $2000 and forgive $10k of everyone's student debt so that's not worth much.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The $2000 thing is still so funny

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Let's go Brandon!

https://twitter.com/revolvingdoorDC/status/1484269579933302793?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no he never said that once, it's just obvious to everyone but him he's too old to be prez

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Halloween Jack posted:

Dude, you're the one who came stumbling into the thread to argue about how Chapo...isn't making a big enough deal about 1/6? Like, what's your argument, for starters?

I love waking up to find a slew of new posts in the Chapo thread and it's ALWAYS related to somebody randomly stumbling in with the weirdest take. This one is almost as good as the last one: All nurses are cops, deserve whatever they get, but also don't have it that bad anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he never outright did but he danced around it whenever his age came up saying he viewed himself as a 'transitional' president and his cabinet is going to be full of bright young people and all, it was fairly clearly him coming right up to the edge to appease the young dems who have told themselves the worst thing to do is vote for an old white man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

They can't stop dabbing on us