Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I feel like I was getting way better wheelspin prizes back at launch, and mostly just the small cash prizes now. It wouldn't surprise me if they rigged the rolls to try and maximize ~engagement~ or something like that.

Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky. They don't publish the rates so it's hard to know either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jabor posted:

I feel like I was getting way better wheelspin prizes back at launch, and mostly just the small cash prizes now. It wouldn't surprise me if they rigged the rolls to try and maximize ~engagement~ or something like that.

Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky. They don't publish the rates so it's hard to know either way.

I do think it changes somehow based on how many/what cars you have. We already know it can be changed by buying all the clothing options and therefore removing them from the wheel options.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a way to send a tune to someone and still allow them to edit it? I was playing helping a friend get something done with his Focus RS and got a good mechanical parts setup that I want to copy over but I want to be able to tweak the tuning settings. I'd also like to send him a tune I did for a specific car but let him edit it if he ever gets into that side of things.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Screenshots

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I finally won an eliminator. By an eyelash. It seriously looked like he was ahead of me. Oh well lol

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm doing the Autumn event "Underground, Overground" where you have 3 dirt racing with some street and some muddy track. What the gently caress is this thing anyway?

You need a B-class Hot Hatch to do these. I've assumed that didn't allow other classes like Super/Retro Hot Hatch, but is that right? I tried these races with a few cars (2 AWD and a FWD Ford Fiesta) but the most successful was with an Audi S1 with a few upgrades. It feels like even with offroad or rally tires I'm slow as hell and I can't get around corners like the highly skilled AI.

I completed all the dirt races in the campaign at above average, so maybe I'm having so much trouble because of tuning? Is there an overview of rally tuning, especially for hatchbacks if that matters? I'm using ABS and manual, and I tried it with traction control on or off without much effective difference, having gone through a few builds that looked popular by now.

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 19, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm doing the Autumn event "Underground, Overground" where you have 3 dirt racing with some street and some muddy track. What the gently caress is this thing anyway?

You need a B-class Hot Hatch to do these. I've assumed that didn't allow other classes like Super/Retro Hot Hatch, but is that right?

This is exactly right, you need cars of the class "Hot Hatch". If I remember correctly, I did with a Vauxhall VXR that I had lying around and had no issues, I just picked up a tune from the posted ones I believe.

Do you have a livery on your car? It adds 69 horsepower at least.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Serperoth posted:

This is exactly right, you need cars of the class "Hot Hatch". If I remember correctly, I did with a Vauxhall VXR that I had lying around and had no issues, I just picked up a tune from the posted ones I believe.

I'll try that one. I am watching this thing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzInaOtv6e8

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The fact that a bunch of "dirt" tracks are actually road races with a dirt section in the middle really annoys me, lol. It does mean you can take a road tune and do pretty fine though, you'll make up a lot of ground in the road sections and can bully the drivatars to not fall behind on the dirt section.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

You need a B-class Hot Hatch to do these. I've assumed that didn't allow other classes like Super/Retro Hot Hatch, but is that right? I tried these races with a few cars (2 AWD and a FWD Ford Fiesta) but the most successful was with an Audi S1 with a few upgrades. It feels like even with offroad or rally tires I'm slow as hell and I can't get around corners like the highly skilled AI.

I completed all the dirt races in the campaign at above average, so maybe I'm having so much trouble because of tuning? Is there an overview of rally tuning, especially for hatchbacks if that matters? I'm using ABS and manual, and I tried it with traction control on or off without much effective difference, having gone through a few builds that looked popular by now.

don't stress about tires if you're barely going up a class. you want HP esp since Horizon is more forgiving about traction

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Serperoth posted:

They changed this. Now every liveried car just gets 420 HP.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Dr. Faustus posted:

They changed this. Now every liveried car just gets 420 HP.

Do you get more if it's an anime livery?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What the gently caress is this thing anyway?

for some reason I always see some sort of weird rattlesnake

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

wafflemoose posted:

Do you get more if it's an anime livery?
A question best asked in the GRCC Discord.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Jabor posted:

The fact that a bunch of "dirt" tracks are actually road races with a dirt section in the middle really annoys me, lol.

As someone that really likes dirt races, this is really infuriating since it makes perfect dirt tunes kinda suck for a part of a whole bunch of races. Compared to FH4, I also feel like there's way more road sprints / street scene races with annoying 90 degree plus turns which break the flow in a really bad way, but that might be just me imagining things. The races in general are way worse than in Forza 4 imo.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This is the last speed camera that I haven't 3-starred. When I hit the water I lose like 15 mph and can't clear it, even with an S2 truck or rally car. Is there a way to get slowed down less by the water?

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Is there a way to get slowed down less by the water?

Next season is winter\dry season, so perhaps the river could be dry in winter?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

This is the last speed camera that I haven't 3-starred. When I hit the water I lose like 15 mph and can't clear it, even with an S2 truck or rally car. Is there a way to get slowed down less by the water?

it doesn't get any lower based on the season; what you have to do is come at it at an angle

if you come at it from the near left side of your image and head towards the far right, there's a bump you can hit that launches you enough over the river to maintain speed

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

If it's the speedtrap I'm thinking of, SE on the map, I think I did it in a maxed out Trailcat. The larger off-road cars don't get slowed down as much in water. Went south to north, started on the hill to avoid taking the curve.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

You need an S2/X trophy truck like the Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck 2014 or the RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck.
I did it from the south, starting on the cobble road by the small village, but it is still really hard, you need a perfect approach.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

As said, that's probably the hardest speed trap to 3 star

One thing that helped a lot when I realized it - the slowdown effect of water is MUCH lessened if your bodywork is out of the water. So grab a tall-ish car (pickup trucks, trailcat, baja truck) that can go fast and that should help quite a bit already. You'll have to find the right way to approach, iirc I did it even with an RS200 which is very low so suffers a lot from water slowdown, by not following the road and instead starting in the middle of the jungle, already aligned with the speed trap, and just flooring it straight and hoping not to bump into some tree or something that'd stop you or throw you off course

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I did it in the tankpool racing truck starting downhill from the banana plantation in the south, it had enough inertia to punch through the water

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I think I used the Toyota Baja truck, there's an S2 tune that's not bad for it if you take a bit of an angle.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Trial notes this season: hope that your lesser teammates drop out. We were down to three by the second race and easily won the last two.

The AI is pretty bad on the cathedral circuit and smashes into the walls pretty regularly since it’s so tight so it shouldn’t be too hard to pass them.

I ran a 1969 T79 LOLA with this tune: 642 184 354

Good luck!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The water modeling in this game is realistic enough that the car body causes a whole hell of a lot of drag in water, to the point that tall ride height is actually a distinct advantage in things like the Gauntlet. I did it in an A-class trailcat after my RS200 couldnt manage.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Here’s a share code to get this week’s photo challenge (Guanajuato at night): 670 485 774

Was actually fun to drive, too, at least in my little B700 AWD Mugen CRX with off-road tires. Just fling that thing around.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Does anyone actually enjoy cross country?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Gasoline posted:

I like everything in this game except drifting

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Gasoline posted:

big jumps and wide lanes with very few artificial obstacles are fun

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Cross country is the only type of racing in Horizon with big, banked turns (other than the Baja dirt arena track) which are fun to drive

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

For the forzathon weekly where you have to win 3 road races just look up on eventlab trending the one made by karmadriving and you can win the races in like 3 seconds. I have no clue how it works because I'm not even in first place when it finishes. Super easy though.

e: he has a cross country one as well, what would take like 45 minutes takes less than 5

e x2: the races do have ads to his youtube channel though, lol

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 20, 2022

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gasoline posted:

I do

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

emdash posted:

I like everything in this game except drifting
Same, and that's even with it being more forgiving than FH4

Hell I even enjoy the playground and arcade stuff

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Lola that is valid for this week's Trial has a Super Wheelspin in its masteries, in case anyone didn't see that

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I really wish there was a way to see the individual car mastery tree from the change car or car collection screen

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

emdash posted:

The Lola that is valid for this week's Trial has a Super Wheelspin in its masteries, in case anyone didn't see that

Yeah, like 850k for it. Here's a good tune, cruised to first easily on the second race with it. Some chode took me out on the first race and I still managed to get 6th. 318 308 608

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yea trial wasn’t too bad this week. First race we lost by 50 points cause the 5th place person got passed by two AIs on the last turn and lost us 400 points. Next race I stayed in 5th and just brake checked the AIs so the teammate ahead of me could continue to wildly turn and crash into corners instead of getting passed by AIs.

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Gasoline posted:

I would like it, but cars going airborne in this game feel miserable and it has the most/biggest jumps. Just completely unrealistic and yet not a good feeling in an arcadey way either. Plus no effect of gas/brakes pitching the nose when airborne.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Re: the Lola, you can get it for free by winning every road race :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sigseven posted:

I would like it, but cars going airborne in this game feel miserable and it has the most/biggest jumps. Just completely unrealistic and yet not a good feeling in an arcadey way either. Plus no effect of gas/brakes pitching the nose when airborne.

Yeah it's been too much of a lottery really. Too many times in races where you've taken a 1mm too far right line on a blind jump and just hit the piece of scenery that chucks you halfway to Texas. Even worse on Danger signs.