Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i dont know that ive ever had separation of work from home so doing wfh just means less commute time and more relaxation for me. ive never had a single boss respect my free time so its sort of a wash on that front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As a computer toucher, I've been impacted way less then most, but then I got covid last week and I'm actually starting to go a bit stir crazy after not leaving my house for 8 days.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

I also just flat out hate WFH because there's no way to have a dedicated work space in our apartment and I can't really shut my brain off from "work mode" without having a work space / non work space.

Yeah, my fiancee has this problem too that because we're in a 2 bedroom apartment, one became an office / sort of my room, and that means the living room is her office and she hates it because when she watches TV she sees her desk and it reminds her of work. We'll need to buy a house eventually.

Kalli posted:

As a computer toucher, I've been impacted way less then most, but then I got covid last week and I'm actually starting to go a bit stir crazy after not leaving my house for 8 days.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty much clear of my COVID symptoms, but I have no idea how long I'm supposed to stay quarantined. It's been over 2 weeks since my symptoms started so I should be okay?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Huh

https://twitter.com/livesquawk/status/1484221378756759557?s=21

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

they massively pumped production bc they were so far behind on orders, they're probably just winding that down.

ahh the many joys of the accordion supply chain effect

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/business/status/1399787835805274122

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Timby posted:

I'll be honest, WFH is kind of rough on me because I live in a three-room apartment (living room / kitchen, bathroom, bedroom). There isn't any room for separating work from the rest of my life, which, to be honest, sucks.

Yeah I'd probably like it more if I had a separate office instead of just me sitting unshowered on my couch in the exact same place I play video games and watch movies and tv from. Also there's no free espresso and motivation is harder to come by.

My boss wants me to work remote after I move back to CA but I've been feeling for a while that I'd rather get a fresh start and find something else. Doesn't help that my organization is kind of a shitshow and things would be even harder than they are now remote.

Also I'm a very frugal person (and not very wealthy) so I'm not someone who's going to own a house with a backyard and a home office or some poo poo. It'll just be some dingy apartment most likely.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they massively pumped production bc they were so far behind on orders, they're probably just winding that down.

ahh the many joys of the accordion supply chain effect
Also gyms are opening up so there's less incentive to make sure all workouts are at home. I'm sure there are people who want to get back into a spin class and be around other people. If they already have a Peloton they may just sell used which drops a new sale from Peloton.

Yes Covid is still around but that won't stop them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Play posted:

Yeah I'd probably like it more if I had a separate office instead of just me sitting unshowered on my couch in the exact same place I play video games and watch movies and tv from. Also there's no free espresso and motivation is harder to come by.

My boss wants me to work remote after I move back to CA but I've been feeling for a while that I'd rather get a fresh start and find something else. Doesn't help that my organization is kind of a shitshow and things would be even harder than they are now remote.

Also I'm a very frugal person (and not very wealthy) so I'm not someone who's going to own a house with a backyard and a home office or some poo poo. It'll just be some dingy apartment most likely.

I'm incredibly frugal, myself. Rule of two: If I buy something twice, would it cause me financial pain? If so, it's a no-go.

My current job is driving me nuts, as the scope has radically expanded beyond what my contract calls for, so I accepted an interview from a guy who's been chasing me for two months on LinkedIn. Direct hire (no contract), very simple expectations, even more money than I'm making now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Timby posted:

My current job is driving me nuts, as the scope has radically expanded beyond what my contract calls for, so I accepted an interview from a guy who's been chasing me for two months on LinkedIn. Direct hire (no contract), very simple expectations, even more money than I'm making now.

Good luck dude! I hope you get it. I don't know if I can help at all, but I'd like to repay the favor since you helped me out greatly for my current job. :)

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Timby posted:

I'm incredibly frugal, myself. Rule of two: If I buy something twice, would it cause me financial pain? If so, it's a no-go.

Congrats and minus chasing me for two months, the exact same scenario I found myself in and starting a new job on the 31st.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Work informed me I'm going in as the senior PM for a huge job in Cleveland. We're interviewing for the project next month. Time to go make sure my suit still fits!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There’s more Covid than ever but folks are dedicated to going out, enjoy half off apps at Applebees, and spitting in each other’s mouths.

I’m going stir crazy too but I’m doing my best to quarantine.

I wish it was summer so I could go hiking and swimming.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

dirty shrimp money posted:

New at the shrimp money house this week:

Also who is this angel and what is their backstory?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1484257478309199880

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ornery and Hornery posted:

going out, enjoy half off apps at Applebees, and spitting in each other’s mouths.

This is my normal Friday night don't shame me thx

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Speaking of people wandering in the desert, I caught up on The Book of Bona Fett with the last 2 episodes. Yeah, the chase scene was pretty bad. The dual timeline stories feels too much like a bad The Godfather Part II rip-off. But Good gawd is that The Mandalorian's music?!?

gently caress me why did I mouse over that spoiler? That would have gotten a huge pop from me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

That sounds like literal hell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My city restarted an indoor mask mandate yesterday, yay.

General Dog posted:

Yeah, I'm extremely burnt out on superhero stuff, but man how does DC not just nakedly copy what Marvel is doing, it can't be that hard. Why are you doing... this DC?

Though it finally clicked what Peacemaker is, and that reminds me that Suicide Squad was a pretty fun romp, so maybe just give James Gunn carte blanche? Probably won't be ideal, but gotta be better then what they've got going on otherwise.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

What could they possibly have to say in those 3 hours that hasn’t already been in one of the dozens of other Batman movies we’ve gotten in the last 30 years?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

30 minutes of Batman just stuck on a riddle and trying to work it out

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Batman’s are fun you don’t need it to be high art. I wanna watch Colin Ferrell be a goofy cobblepot.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I liked the most recent Boba Fett. Although it kinda sucks that now they've mined most of the backstory. Because the backstory was the only story that was actually worth a poo poo, the current day stuff is just bleh. At least they still have a little left, how they actually took over.

Also I like my old, fat, confused Boba it somehow works once you get more used to it

that is goodbirb and their backstory is that they are and always have been a good birb

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bobjr posted:

Damnit, Alfred. It vexes me. What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three at night?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛

This is better than mine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Bring back Keaton or Clooney and do the Dark Knight Returns storyline.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

we desperately need the return of the 2 hour movie norm.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is better than mine.

Earlier on a conference call realizing the biggest bastard word to put into wordle would be "queue"

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Taki there is about seven months old and seems to have had hardly any socialization. I'm a week in and he/she (too early to tell) will only just now hop up on my hand for some seeds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Are studios allergic to 105 minute movies now?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

dirty shrimp money posted:

Taki there is about seven months old and seems to have had hardly any socialization. I'm a week in and he/she (too early to tell) will only just now hop up on my hand for some seeds.

Hi Taki

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't mind long movies if it's 3 hours of good poo poo. Spider Man: No Way Home was amazing for the majority of it, and I remember watching Return of the King in theaters and never wanting it to end. but man a lot of these super hero movies are way too long and it just includes a bunch of filler.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does Taki poo poo everywhere?

I’ve heard conflicting reports of how well you can litterbox train birbs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Are studios allergic to 105 minute movies now?

I went looking at last year's animated films because I figured if anything's gonna be shorter...

Sing 2 is a tight 110!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Between cartoons and movies and TV shows I've probably seen over 100 hours of Batman, so I don't actually have a huge problem with a Batman movie being 3 hours

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Batman has always been my favorite superhero but given most Batman material post-TAS it's kind of hard for me to still justify that position looking back.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Yeah, movies are getting slightly longer, especially now a lot of movies are releasing direct-to-stream where they know people can always pause to go to the bathroom.

Still can't believe I watched all of The Irishman (albeit in 2 sittings).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd guess that first hump corresponds to movies with a built-in intermission so theaters could sell more snacks, and the current one corresponds to directors getting better noninterference clauses in their contracts that prevent studios from forcing them to cut down to a particular length. But I'm speculating right out my rear end on both counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

idk, ive always loved batman and spiderman but im tired. neither of those characters deserved 100s of hrs of new video over doing something new.

just please god make some new ip