Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

skooma512 posted:

I checked my bathroom vent.

It has a filter, if by filter you mean completely caked in dust. This is better than nothing and the CDC has assured me that it is safe, especially if I toss them a couple bucks

I just got a response from the CDC:

Like Covid, a clogged filter means you now have immunity to further dust particles or infections. Once youre full of covid, or a filter is full of dust, no more can accumulate, and both are immune.

Youre welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hard to find antigen tests. annoying.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Smythe posted:

Should've stocked up last month. Ihealth is still fulfilling orders but it's taking way longer than it was.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this entire focus group has two people under the age of 40 and they are 36 and 38 respectively. also they all voted for trump at least once.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
BOTH of my bank branches within walking distance are CLOSED for an indeterminate amount of time. so now i have to drive me car somewhere to get laundry quarters? like a cave man? insanely hosed up.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Zisky posted:

Should've stocked up last month. Ihealth is still fulfilling orders but it's taking way longer than it was.

Status Quo Joe just bought a billion dollars worth from them. Might affect shipping backlog idk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zisky posted:

COVID was OGRE last month!!!!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so the death peak should be in about 2.5 weeks?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao Jesus Christ

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
me: "almost 3000 people died of covid yesterday"

my therapist: "a lot of those people are unvaccinated, old, and already sick"

cool cool cooooooool

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I wonder if he remembered to use the promo code

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i ordered one billion tests for my work last month and have like over 200 there but i dont want to go in kuz too many freaks around there who will talk to me & potentially make me work, which i would like to avoid!!!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Our "way of life" is a "way of death?"

Always has been

https://www.nps.gov/jame/learn/historyculture/a-short-history-of-jamestown.htm

quote:

By late 1609, the relationship between the Powhatan Indians and the English had soured as the English were demanding too much food during a drought. That winter of 1609-10 is known as the "Starving Time." During that winter the English were afraid to leave the fort, due to a legitimate fear of being killed by the Powhatan Indians. As a result they ate anything they could: various animals, leather from their shoes and belts, and sometimes fellow settlers who had already died. By early 1610 most of the settlers, 80-90% according to William Strachey, had died due to starvation and disease.

Raiad posted:

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1484073180457222147?s=20

incorrect, because a 737 max costs 100 million dollars, and an average person is worth less than $20, because our nanny government refuses to let us sell people for parts

lol this guy would make more as a Boeing lobbyist

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

nonsense, I've been assured cases are decreasing and that we're past the peak

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomad2020 posted:

I’ll bite, what the gently caress do you know?

:coolfish:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biden: "we have therapeutics!"

Reality:

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1483992063070949381

Each state getting 1000 doses of mAbs/week isn't going to cut it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

lmao Jesus Christ

Morbus
May 18, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I checked my bathroom vent.

It has a filter, if by filter you mean completely caked in dust. This is better than nothing and the CDC has assured me that it is safe, especially if I toss them a couple bucks

if u saturate the filter & bathroom with powerful burrito farts, there will be no concentration gradient for your neighbors' fecal aerosols to diffuse along--that's just physics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coldrice posted:

Feeling pretty depressed today goons. I look out my window at the school across the way and all the kids are playing no mask, the recess attendants have their crappy cloth masks down on their chins. School assemblies start up again next week. Two people on my Facebook are currently on vacation (Vegas, and Florida), famous people are catching Covid and just recovering without so much as a change of messaging. Everyone’s given up. The world is deciding that seasonal-3k-deaths-a-day, and permanent bodily harm are ok.

yeah I’m going to do some yoga and hang with my kids 🙏

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I've had to help three people this morning remotely because they are working from home with covid this week. They are all located in the same hall in the same building I work in.

Hopefully I can work from home soon, this is so loving stupid. I have to learn about covid outbreaks in the office from the employees after I've been exposed on like a weekly basis because HR/Bosses refuse to mention positive cases or the word covid to anyone.

I feel you. In the same boat. Not allowed to work from home, but you have to setup people who are now sick, and working from home.

More empty offices at my work today. Covid? Vacation? I'll never know until I have to set them up with a remote connection!

I'm exhausted all the time, and lately feel sick all time, though rapid and PCR test come up clean. So it's probably just two years of escalating anxiety and personal tragedy piling up.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Cave syndrome claims another life

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

one thing we should probably consider producing are guidelines for protecting yourself from an airborne pathogen that our various health authorities refused to produce. the need for respirators/n95 and their best practices won't be changing, principles of air flow management won't change, isolation procedures and air purification won't change, etc., so this is something that realistically could be crowdsourced from old posts into a manual as a one time deal and updated only lightly.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Coldrice posted:

Feeling pretty depressed today goons. I look out my window at the school across the way and all the kids are playing no mask, the recess attendants have their crappy cloth masks down on their chins. School assemblies start up again next week. Two people on my Facebook are currently on vacation (Vegas, and Florida), famous people are catching Covid and just recovering without so much as a change of messaging. Everyone’s given up. The world is deciding that seasonal-3k-deaths-a-day, and permanent bodily harm are ok.
Sounds like you have some great ideas for expansion packs to make for the simulator

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

euphronius posted:

yeah I’m going to do some yoga and hang with my kids 🙏

Thinking of starting one of Adriene's 30 day challenges. Those drat videos seem like the only thing keeping my anxiety at reasonable levels these days.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Atrocious Joe posted:

Our "way of life" is a "way of death?"

https://youtu.be/z2jr7h3d_P8

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The head of the CDC COVID response team is a Great Barrington believer

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1483988869682970625

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Smythe posted:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-COVID-19-Antigen-Self-Test-2-Count/142089281

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Sounds like you have some great ideas for expansion packs to make for the simulator

DLC for each new variant

coldrice has a job for life

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
This is from city-data lol

quote:

So, our friends were due to fly to Vegas on Thursday and fly back home Monday am. They cut the trip short to Sunday as his mom was on a ventilator but was getting better. We arranged to fly out Saturday to Wednesday so we can meet them for dinner in Vegas. Right as we were getting ready to board our friend got the call that she passed. So, dinner in Vegas was not a great experience understandably. I feel horrible. He lost both uncles and his mother less than 8 weeks apart due to Covid. It didn't have to happen

lmaoo what is wrong with people jesus christ

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

i think an easy pre-existing solution is a private subreddit

lol. lmao

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

me: "almost 3000 people died of covid yesterday"

my therapist: "a lot of those people are unvaccinated, old, and already sick"

cool cool cooooooool

I'm sad about all the death

Therapist: The weak will perish :unsmigghh:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1483988878075871236

Does not sound promising!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

They should go out to eat a few more times to restore his mental health

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

I checked this two minutes after you posted, and they have nothing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The city-data forums are the most racist backwards poo poo I've ever seen

When the pandemic started a bunch of guys on the pittsburgh one started posting about how glad they were that the "Democrat disease" was going to "empty out blue cities"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Morbus posted:

if u saturate the filter & bathroom with powerful burrito farts, there will be no concentration gradient for your neighbors' fecal aerosols to diffuse along--that's just physics

Oxygen Not Included has prepared me for this.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

not available at any nearby store lol. cvs, wallgreens, rite aid, target, all sold out. brutal.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ICMB posted:

I checked this two minutes after you posted, and they have nothing.

It must be location dependent because it's still available to ship to my home in VT. Sorry friend :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

[tears streaming down my face, nose completed stuffed] this one's for you, mom *slides $20 into Wheel of Fortune slot machine*