Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

I had no idea when Boba showed up on Mandalorian he wasn't in the armor at first lmao. Who the gently caress is running that clown show.

At that point, Disney execs looking to cram in as many back-door spinoffs as possible. Like Mike said!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

At that point, Disney execs looking to cram in as many back-door spinoffs as possible. Like Mike said!

Right but I assumed he was in his armor the whole time. Nobody wants to see him out of the armor - something the people running the new show don't seem to understand but I guess they're the same people.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Watching The French Dispatch right now. It's a film that's very easy to enjoy, and I'm enjoying it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Right but I assumed he was in his armor the whole time. Nobody wants to see him out of the armor - something the people running the new show don't seem to understand but I guess they're the same people.

They're completely backward on their dudes in Mandalorian armor because they barely ever get Pedro Pascal out of the helmet, but he's very charismatic and a good actor.

Meanwhile, this dude who no one knows who is a bad actor never puts his helmet on! I assume. I've never watched the boba fett show

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Boba: Unfettered

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Boob Feet

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The thing I'm not certain about as someone who hasn't watched it is the dances with wolves thing bob reportedly had with the tusken raiders. Hard to post about without knowing the precise line it walked wrt the tropes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Boba NFT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

reported for racism

I know it's a joke but I wish it wasn't

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Apropos of nothing, but a lot of tech podcasts this week are all :smug: about MS buying ActiBlizzard. Every single one I've listened to has mentioned "This is like 15 times what they paid for Star Wars! Videogames are huge, Hollywood is tiny, and sucks!"

And sure, videogames are huge, I love them, but to me it seems like movies still have all the glamour, the prestige. I bet more people would prefer to live Leonardo's life than uuhh CliffyB. :shrug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Apropos of nothing, but a lot of tech podcasts this week are all :smug: about MS buying ActiBlizzard. Every single one I've listened to has mentioned "This is like 15 times what they paid for Star Wars! Videogames are huge, Hollywood is tiny, and sucks!"

And sure, videogames are huge, I love them, but to me it seems like movies still have all the glamour, the prestige. I bet more people would prefer to live Leonardo's life than uuhh CliffyB. :shrug:

they’re also comparing apples to oranges as Microsoft purchased a massive company that produces several franchises versus a single franchise

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i wouldnt buy actiblizz for a dollar

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The thing about movies is that at a high level it's a business that can be run and managed by failsons. Video games, however you feel about them, require much more of a stack of engineers. This is basically disney's actual stated reason for why they only license their IP to third parties for games

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they’re also comparing apples to oranges as Microsoft purchased a massive company that produces several franchises versus a single franchise

This was mentioned by the ATP podcast guys, they're great. John Siracusa must be a goon

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
oh hell yes they talked about old

e: my worst movie of the year

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't met a Wes Anderson I haven't enjoyed, and that includes Darj and French. Grand Budapest still the best, probably, and my least favourite is probably Moonrise Kingdom.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It's because they're nerds and all nerds like to pretend they're still the underdogs somehow.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike’s The Nighthouse review is the funniest thing I’ve seen in months

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shame that they didn’t accompany titane’s review with a backing track of memphis kansas breeze’s human skin truck baby but that’s ok i guess

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
IMO Darjeeling is second only to Royal T

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

just watched the end to Ghostbusters Afterlife. the original crew reminds me of those animatronics at Chuck E Cheese with a few quick lines & that's it.

except in this case the animatronics receive million dollar checks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1484265689351434241

Robert Pattinson Batman is 3 hours long

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
great that's just great

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s gonna be amazing, but flop horribly

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Arc Hammer posted:

You're jealous you won't look as good at 61.

Lmao I worked on a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny tv show Tem was in about 7 years ago and I assumed he was in his 70s then.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's like a full 4-episode TV show.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

when ye old theaters had intermission breaks, how long were the movies back then?

what i'm saying is that i would appreciate a piss break at around 2h30mins in

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I went to the toilet during James Bord, came back, nothing of value was lost during the time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
No Time to Wipe

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Galewolf posted:

I went to the toilet during James Bord, came back, nothing of value was lost during the time.
There was 2h43m of No Time to Die that was safe for bathroom breaks

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Luckily I'll be at home if and when I watch this crap. Didn't go out for scream 5 definitely not gonna risk death for a fuckin batman flick.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Space Kablooey posted:

when ye old theaters had intermission breaks, how long were the movies back then?

most movies were short so the intermission was usually after the first part of a double bill, or before the main feature after the shorts/news reels. but anything that was like 170+ minutes on its own got an intermission.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why are movies getting longer anyway

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

LOTR was 3 hours and I don't remember an intermission

Granted it's been 20 years

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

was pattinson ever a bat in those twilight movies? i remember he played baseball pretty well and that involves a bat. sorry. im just bored

edit
its like poetry it rhymes etc

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hackers film 1995 posted:

was pattinson ever a bat in those twilight movies? i remember he played baseball pretty well and that involves a bat. sorry. im just bored

He was not.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zokari posted:

why are movies getting longer anyway

Hours watched is a streaming metric

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Rageaholic posted:

There was 2h43m of No Time to Die that was safe for bathroom breaks

Not if you sneaked a meal deal with half litre diet coke with you :colbert:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Victis posted:

LOTR was 3 hours and I don't remember an intermission

Granted it's been 20 years

Paths of the Dead is intermission

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it would be funny if there was a vampire movie where he's a baseball player in the major leagues and trying to keep his vampire nature a secret and the ump says "batter up!" and the vampire looks over like what the heck, how does he know i can turn into a bat but then he remembers where he is. then later he's fouling off lots of pitches and eventually the umps says 'ah shoot i've lost the count' and then the vampire says 'i'm right here, me, Count Dr... oops, I mean, Mr Drac.. no, I mean, Count Normal Hu... no, that's not right either, never mind.' but then later it turns out Van Helsing is playing on the other team and he slides into second with his spikes way up and spikes the vampire with his cleats through the heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

I just watched Patton. It's a shade under 3 hours long and has an intermission.