Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MikeRabsitch posted:

I played all my Hitman on PS4 and continue to do so on PSVR, can I sync progress with Xbox anytime I want or is it a one time import kind of thing?

It used to be that there is no cross-platform importing and I doubt that has changed.

Edit: And I believe it's a one-time thing. You can't sync progress back to the original console/platform you played on.

https://profile.hitman.com/

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass, what is included in that? Does it include all of the DLC missions from all three games?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass, what is included in that? Does it include all of the DLC missions from all three games?

Errythang

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I said come in! posted:

I'm still downloading, but based on the wording and how the game is listed on Steam I think that Hitman trilogy DOESN'T give you:
- HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Upgrade. This is mainly Patient Zero, a bonus campaign that re-uses levels from the first season.
- HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion. Mainly two new levels, New York and Haven Island. Also, two more sniper maps and some stuff that isn't as interesting. This used to be the Expansion Pass for the second game. I'm not sure how this works, since the levels continue the story and connect the second game to the third one!
- Hitman 3: Seven Deadly Sins. DLC for the third game that seems to add mostly cosmetic stuff. No new levels.

I'm not sure if you can even buy the above on Game Pass right now.

You DO get Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3. 18 levels + 2 tutorial ones. Also 1 sniper map? I think.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 20, 2022

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

He also mentions setting the COD support studios free and giving them resources to do literally anything else

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

👑

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't wait for Hexen goty 2028.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Somebody said a new Soldier of Fortune. Please and thank you.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Goddamn an iD developed Hexen would be amazing

Also I need dj hero Phil

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Zork.

Let the grue eat again.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Ready for Blackthrone 2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Phil spent $70 billion so we could get Hexen III, so be it.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Seeing Phil hyped about Guitar Hero is awesome, as is his attitude to freeing up a lot of the teams there to work on what they want to. Seems like this is a big win for all the developers and staff at Activision Blizzard and they're going to have a much healthier work environment which is nice after the crap they've been through. Going to be interesting to see the variety of games that all these teams make and gives me hope that Tony Hawk will make a comeback as well, I think the devs stated that they planned to do Tony Hawk 3&4 before getting moved into COD support so it seems there's a good chance of that happening.

The mention of Hexen was a surprise, I forgot about that entirely but Heretic, Hexen and Hexen 2 (the one where you launch sheep off catapults) were good games, basically fantasy versions of Doom.

I wonder what's happened with the Transformers license and if we might see another War for Cybertron game? The last I remember is Platinum Games making a game with the IP that looked just like the classic cartoons.

The Prototype games were pretty fun as well. I think a third game got cancelled by Activision so maybe the devs will want to revisit the IP now?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It sucks that Vicarious Visions was consolidated and renamed like 3 months ago. Let them have their name back, and release a THPS3 DLC for 1+2.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
StarCraft 3: Star Control 4

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

CBD Corndog posted:

He also mentions setting the COD support studios free and giving them resources to do literally anything else

A properly revived Guitar Hero exclusive to Xbox (and not immediately run into the ground) would sell a lot of systems.

Also Geometry Wars was the best launch title for any Xbox system and I'm ecstatic at the possibility of it coming back.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

star control 3 is about the only thing i'd care about were they to make it. that series deserves so much better, as do toys for bob, and i think a modernized star control could be pretty successful.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

American McGay posted:

It sucks that Vicarious Visions was consolidated and renamed like 3 months ago. Let them have their name back, and release a THPS3 DLC for 1+2.

They did a better job with the D2 remake than Blizzard ever could have. Give them D4.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I guess if anyone can afford the whole large manufacture of plastic instruments it is Microsoft. That's been a major hurdle for rock band; nobody is willing to make instruments anymore.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

They did a better job with the D2 remake than Blizzard ever could have. Give them D4.

A big chunk of that team IS working on D4

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ixnay posted:

Hitman 2 with all the imported levels from 1 is around 120 GB so they did some serious compression in 3 to both add another game's worth of levels and shrink the whole thing by almost half

Good lord. I mean, I don't know anything about the reasons why it's so big, but I know I only have a finite amount of disk space and 1 game (or 3) taking that giant of a chunk means it will be tougher to keep it on there for long.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

Good lord. I mean, I don't know anything about the reasons why it's so big, but I know I only have a finite amount of disk space and 1 game (or 3) taking that giant of a chunk means it will be tougher to keep it on there for long.
70GB is tiny for a single AAA game, let alone one with the amount of content Hitman Trilogy contains. It's like an actual modern marvel that it's as small as it is, lmao.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
hitman 1 and 2 combined are like 210 gigs, they used real necromancy to make the trilogy that tiny

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

the rat fandom posted:

A properly revived Guitar Hero exclusive to Xbox (and not immediately run into the ground) would sell a lot of systems.

If they just made one game that was supported with DLC rather than multiple releases I think it would work. The problem with the older Guitar Hero games was they had DLC but also kept getting so many sequels and band specific releases.

I have fond memories of Guitar Hero 2 early in the 360's life and Thunderbird model they used which was wired, and then I think they went wireless for Guitar Hero 3 and did a Les Paul model? After that they just flooded the market with games for different bands though which was disappointing. I remember people being hyped for Rock Band as well and it was cool they added drums and singing but it never captured the magic of Guitar Hero imo. GH had such a great art style and song selections.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Douche4Sale posted:

I guess if anyone can afford the whole large manufacture of plastic instruments it is Microsoft. That's been a major hurdle for rock band; nobody is willing to make instruments anymore.

The earth cant handle another 100 million landfill gh guitars

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Real hurthling! posted:

We can use them as paddles when the floods start

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

bushisms.txt posted:

We can use them as paddles when the floods start

Use them to make land! Just don't live where there are earthquakes...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

American McGay posted:

Blue Raider posted:

Yeah, that was a huge slap in the face to a good studio. I hope the new arrangements give them some breathing room.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh man did anyone ever do one of those sign up for free trial stuff and you'd get copies of stuff like Guitar Hero...which you would just return to Amazon for credit? In retrospect it was super dumb, but eh I never got burned on anything, so I was lucky, and also didn't try and turn it into a way to support oneself. Cause eventually you're buying KFC logs because they're cheap and on sale and you want to flip it...or cook it indoors (DO NOT DO THAT).

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 20, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/1484273335139651585?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phil seems like decent corporate overlord, so what horrible things has he done that will disabuse me of that thought.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

hitman 1 and 2 combined are like 210 gigs, they used real necromancy to make the trilogy that tiny

There was an article where they mentioned it was a combination of more powerful hardware allowing for more efficient compression (hence no version of H3 on previous gen consoles) and reworking the file structures of the game so there was nothing episodic about it anymore. I imagine that there used to be a boatload of duplicate files.

Edit: Not sure why I typed that out instead of just finding the article.
https://www.pcgamer.com/how-hitman-3s-devs-shrank-the-entire-trilogys-install-size-by-over-80gb/

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 20, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Phil seems like decent corporate overlord, so what horrible things has he done that will disabuse me of that thought.

I haven't heard anything bad about him. He is just a goofy weirdo that loves video games, but also happens to be really good at running a business.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

so when the contracts run out in 2024 or whatever it'll be xbox exclusive, got it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno, I read that at least as Call of Duty will stay on PlayStation.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
They should use it as a bargaining chip to get some ps exclusives on Xbox

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I haven't heard anything bad about him. He is just a goofy weirdo that loves video games, but also happens to be really good at running a business.

Yeah, it's like if Elon Musk wasn't a glue sniffing rear end in a top hat and knew how to run a company.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

(hence no version of H3 on previous gen consoles)

Hitman 3's on everything including PS4 (required for the VR mode) and XB1. It's even on Stadia and I think Switch as a streaming title.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

slave to my cravings posted:

Sony coming over with PS Exclusive: Paying for MLB The Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

slave to my cravings posted: