Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Why can't these goobers use rakes like a normal person?

Leaf blowers are useful for getting dead leaves and other debris out from under foliage that would be easily damaged by a rake, or where a rake wouldn't fit. Although most people don't use them exclusively for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
In my neighborhood we would rake/blow/tarp all our leaves to the curb and a big ol' vacuum truck would come by and suck em up to mulch them. It was rad as hell to watch as a youngster.

A single leafblower is garbage- they work best in duos or with a rake buddy. If you're working alone, a rake is better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Leafblowers are for dueling with your neighbor until you end up in a fistfight

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Leafblowers are like using your hairdryer to clean your kitchen floor.
They are 100% the preserve of morons and idiots

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The virgin leaf blower operator vs the chad rake and pushbroom user

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

Leafblowers are for dueling with your neighbor until you end up in a fistfight

senator Paul, good afternoon

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1484236007893798912

Edit: lmao wow, they weren't long going back. Got a cached screenshot though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mak0rz posted:

https://twitter.com/ReadyPIayerJuan/status/1484246284609327106?s=20

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Mak0rz posted:

Please, I'm clicking translate tweet and it not do it?!?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

organburner posted:

Please, I'm clicking translate tweet and it not do it?!?

Twitter, as in TWITTER, is saying "Good morning, looking for a nonfungible token profile picture".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I am excited to see who lasts longer, UNO or @ReadyPlayerJuan

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dying Light had some really great gameplay. The running/parkour was superb, and by the end, killing zombies was a lot of fun.

Dying Light also had some just really, really bad writing. Just awful. So this does not bode well.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember playing UNO online (I think via MSN Messenger?) as long ago as the early 2000s.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

Dying Light had some really great gameplay. The running/parkour was superb, and by the end, killing zombies was a lot of fun.

Dying Light also had some just really, really bad writing. Just awful. So this does not bode well.

yea I'm actually pretty hype for more Dying Light, really fun take on the zombie horde stuff and all, but zero of my hype comes from writing skill so boy does 'we wrote SO MANY WORDS' do nothing for me

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mak0rz posted:

I remember playing UNO online (I think via MSN Messenger?) as long ago as the early 2000s.

Didn't Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb talk about how Uno online (I think it was on Xbox?) was just this den of sin? I think something with webcams?

Just looked it up, and yeah, people were sending dick pics via Uno for Xbox 360.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

Didn't Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb talk about how Uno online (I think it was on Xbox?) was just this den of sin? I think something with webcams?

Just looked it up, and yeah, people were sending dick pics via Uno for Xbox 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVN52GGEPAs

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Yes! That was it. Everyone needs to watch this,

The sister story is the time he found people "vapin and fuckin" on Sony's webcam thing (Playroom?).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I am excited to see who lasts longer, UNO or @ReadyPlayerJuan

Two things you can do in power outage. Play Uno and bitch and moan about how your NFT no longer exists and some scammer stole your life savings selling you a website address.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Read After Burning posted:

Yes! That was it. Everyone needs to watch this,

The sister story is the time he found people "vapin and fuckin" on Sony's webcam thing (Playroom?).

Which one? It's an idea they keep trying to make work.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

person who's job includes leaf blowing: usually cool, part of the job, stops blowing for a long as time as you walk by

person who chose to own one: horrifying rear end in a top hat, part of short man complex, yells at you for walking by (across street)

:hai:

(I use em to blow the clippings from edging back onto the grass from the road or footpath or whatever but i don't use it at home because idgaf if my garden is messy because the birds love it cause it attracts bugs)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

God that poo poo pisses me off so much. I think I'd end up committing some kind of mass murder if I lived somewhere like that
You're going to be really mad if you look up blight laws. If a property is blighted, the municipality can legally take it. Nominally, it's a way to do something about abandoned and dangerous properties. It's been twisted to the point that unmowed lawns are grounds for seizure of the property.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

person who chose to own one: horrifying rear end in a top hat, part of short man complex, yells at you for walking by (across street)

(across street, into which they're blowing their leaves)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gort posted:

I wish game developers would learn that a game should be big enough to adequately showcase their gameplay, and no more, instead of colossal, empty and repetitive.

If I get to the end and am desperate for more, I can play it again. Or buy your DLC or sequels. If I'm exhausted by the size of the game, I'll think less of it and I'll certainly not buy any more.

I finished the single player campaign of Halo Infinite and went "that ruled can I get some more" and you can just keep tootling around in the overworld, finishing off the bases you didn't capture as you were going along. It's great.

The propaganda towers get more and more disconsolate as you kill more of their dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSHl369rUU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Memento posted:

I finished the single player campaign of Halo Infinite and went "that ruled can I get some more" and you can just keep tootling around in the overworld, finishing off the bases you didn't capture as you were going along. It's great.

The propaganda towers get more and more disconsolate as you kill more of their dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSHl369rUU

A lot of the grunt voice lines and general chatter in infinite were written by a goon

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

hawowanlawow posted:

A lot of the grunt voice lines and general chatter in infinite were written by a goon

This was my quick review of that aspect, if by any chance they're reading this:

Memento posted:

Halo infinite campaign; whoever wrote the barks for the enemies did a phenomenal job. Couple of times I've had to pause the game to finish laughing, or been killed while laughing and then laughed even harder at "I hope the human afterlife sucks!"

[angry electrocuted yelling] is my absolute favourite, though.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

It blows my mind people are still pulling "I have a black friend" as if they don't know as well as anyone that this excuse never amounts to anything. It's used so widely and mockingly in the most popular media surely they must know this by now. Is it just a case of "oh, well I actually do so..." or not believing they could ever be that person?

If it helps, I just read that the Renaissance Men are coming into town.
E: Really soon, by the looks of it.

Waiting on Smiling Friends NFTs, any day now.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Do you think it might be time for "artisinal" NFT's? Where I like sell JPGs online and keep manual track of who purchased them in a register book?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or what about selling really cool tattoos as NFTs

They already hate people copying original designs, and im sure the rest of the minutiae could smash nicely into place to make it a thing

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I would love to be forced into a self-defence situation with this germ where I could anything I wanted to him

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The funniest part is his PFP IS verified, but it's not verified enough for him

https://twitter.com/HollanderAdam/status/1484259093036548098?s=20

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You can't just go allowing just any trustless decentralised authentication system beholden to no authority you need to use the OFFICIAL trustless decentralised authentication system beholden to no authority

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

wait

isnt copying the ape jpg from its original source to twitters servers funging the token

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Also does twitter do transparency for avatars? Just make your own hexagon lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RatHat posted:

The funniest part is his PFP IS verified, but it's not verified enough for him

https://twitter.com/HollanderAdam/status/1484259093036548098?s=20

"I hate trust based verification systems but I desperately, desperately want a blue tick."

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Splicer posted:

People have been doing that and then get yelled at for joining in the nft thing so you might not end up seeing that a lot

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Splicer posted:

even if not, you could make the edges match the background color so it would at least look like one on either light or dark mode. not both, but you'd get a decent amount of people with it

and it would confuse the hell out of people who use that tweetdeck setting, which is good for a lol

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
every one of those loving apes is uglier than the last. why does that one look like it's been lobotomized

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

bobjr posted:

There’s plenty of Kickstarter projects that crashed and burned after funding, so I don’t know why you would pick a successful campaign that delivered a well-received game as people not getting anything out of it

Their whole argument is that since the project was successful, the people who backed it on KS should get a cut of the sales or something. Basically, they want KS to be an investment platform with long-term ROI.

Such platforms do exist, but KS is explicitly not one of them.

kazil posted:

Yeah, I actually disliked the writing so much that I DNFed. The parkour was fun but oof.

Mx. posted:

wait

isnt copying the ape jpg from its original source to twitters servers funging the token

:eng101: The JPEG isn't the token! The token is just the chunk of JSON containing the URL to the JPEG. There is absolutely no mechanism to prevent (a) the content at the URL changing or disappearing or (b) someone copying the content at the URL and minting a new NFT that points at the copy.

Normally I would assume that there is at least some mechanism to prevent minting of multiple NTFs pointing to the same URL but everything about this is so profoundly, expansively idiotic that I don't think that's a safe assumption to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Splicer posted:

Free hexagonal avatars