Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

We offer you: Blasto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

univbee posted:

Hitman 3's on everything including PS4 (required for the VR mode) and XB1. It's even on Stadia and I think Switch as a streaming title.

You are right, I guess I was misinterpreting that article. Ah well, the more platforms the merrier.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I mean MS already runs PlayStations online service whatever it’s called this year. Im sure both parties are happy to shore up their ongoing relationship.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

slave to my cravings posted:

They should use it as a bargaining chip to get some ps exclusives on Xbox

I can imagine some deal would of been made, but also COD almost certainly has huge sales figures on Playstation, and as is likely to be a billion dollar decision happening there would just be a whole bunch of factors in play behind why the made it.

Although we'll probably know, would of loved to of been able to listen in on that phone call and the meetings leading up to it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I wonder if Xbox will just treat CoD on PlayStation like they do their releases on Steam. They’re there, but you have to pay full price, and you’ll be logging in with an Xbox account anyway.

I wonder where the price point break for a game is where it does or doesn’t stay Game Pass exclusive.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said this in the ps thread and everyone said I was crazy but I think MS is more interested in getting such a strong foothold in the industry that they’ll be able to get some iteration of gamepass on PlayStation/Nintendo down the line, vs just creating more Xbox exclusivity. I think they want gamepass to be their business more than they want Xbox to be their business.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

There was an article where they mentioned it was a combination of more powerful hardware allowing for more efficient compression (hence no version of H3 on previous gen consoles) and reworking the file structures of the game so there was nothing episodic about it anymore. I imagine that there used to be a boatload of duplicate files.

Edit: Not sure why I typed that out instead of just finding the article.
https://www.pcgamer.com/how-hitman-3s-devs-shrank-the-entire-trilogys-install-size-by-over-80gb/

Cool article, thanks for the link. I'm really glad the Hitman trilogy has done so well, IOI seem like good people.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah that’s been clear for a while they clearly don’t care that much of you buy an Xbox or not as long as you buy their games somehow. It was funny when people made fun of them when they started releasing everything on PC saying “why would I buy an Xbox now!” And Phil pretty much said “yeah why would you”

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

VV recently did excellent remakes of Diablo 2 and Tony Hawk 1/2.

I could totally see them doing a remake of one of the games that put them on the map. Though I wonder if they still employ any of the original team members

VV was dissolved and it’s remaining staff rolled into Blizzard some months back :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I said this in the ps thread and everyone said I was crazy but I think MS is more interested in getting such a strong foothold in the industry that they’ll be able to get some iteration of gamepass on PlayStation/Nintendo down the line, vs just creating more Xbox exclusivity. I think they want gamepass to be their business more than they want Xbox to be their business.

the conversation was a bit more nuanced than that, and i don't think you are crazy as to what microsoft's intentions might be, but that hypothesis sort of ignores sony's traditionally extreme reluctance to engage in any kind of cross-platform dealmaking

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That said the XBOX PC app (as others have said) is trash and needs a major relaunch. That said once the PC games get cloud support like the Xbox ones, it may be less of a PITA then.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Noob Saibot posted:

VV was dissolved and it’s remaining staff rolled into Blizzard some months back :(

Oh wow, I didn't know they were completely dissolved, what a loving shame

edit; they were responsible for 2 of the 3 activision titles I've purchased in the last 3 years, those 3 being 100% of the activision titles I've purchased in the last 2 decades lol

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 20, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Need a THPS3/4 remake so bad that it’s not funny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the conversation was a bit more nuanced than that, and i don't think you are crazy as to what microsoft's intentions might be, but that hypothesis sort of ignores sony's traditionally extreme reluctance to engage in any kind of cross-platform dealmaking

Ms is probably going to get big enough to force a compromise and make some first party only version of gamepass that doesnt compete with 3rd party sales on other consoles and you can sub to it for full price and be like dang im a dumbass for doing this on playstation/nintendo, if i use my pc or buy an xbox i get all the game pass games not just these.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I need a THUG remake so I can grind history’s greatest villain Eric Sparrow’s face into the dirt in 4K60

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

That said the XBOX PC app (as others have said) is trash and needs a major relaunch. That said once the PC games get cloud support like the Xbox ones, it may be less of a PITA then.

xbox.battle.net

Book it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a good time to be a PC gamer*

*if you bought a 3080 in Fall 2020 for less than $1,200

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Ms is probably going to get big enough to force a compromise and make some first party only version of gamepass that doesnt compete with 3rd party sales on other consoles and you can sub to it for full price and be like dang im a dumbass for doing this on playstation/nintendo, if i use my pc or buy an xbox i get all the game pass games not just these.

gotta get back at sony for all those sick E3 burns of yore

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Noob Saibot posted:

I don't think they were dissolved. They just became an official Blizzard studio.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Max Payne games are designed for kb/m. Never felt right with a controller imo.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

exquisite tea posted:

It's a good time to be a PC gamer*

*if you bought a 3080 in Fall 2020 for less than $1,200

Honestly, it's still fine as long as you're willing to drop $1200-1500 on a laptop.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This is gonna sound crazy but I’m suspicious that the higher framerate due to backwards compatibility has hosed up the damage taken in Max Payne 2. I remember playing this on hard difficulty back in the day on PC and it was way easier than the easiest setting on console.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah you probably just abused quicksave like a mother fucker.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Max Payne does that but iirc the sequel didn't have adaptive difficulty.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m doing that on Xbox as well :hehe:

This game is so much worse than I remember :’(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I was playing the bit in Max Payne 1 where you’re chasing Vinny and he goes up in the lift I got stuck for about 15-20 minutes trying to do platforming and all sorts of poo poo before I realised you just have to press the button to call the lift back down. As soon as I did it, I got wild deja vu and remembered I had done the EXACT same thing 20 years ago.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everyone can now see Dead to Rights was always better

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tragic stranglehold didn’t get brought to series

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is gonna sound crazy but I’m suspicious that the higher framerate due to backwards compatibility has hosed up the damage taken in Max Payne 2. I remember playing this on hard difficulty back in the day on PC and it was way easier than the easiest setting on console.

So far the game seems pathetically easy especially compared to MP1, but that might be because your guns can actually hit things. There is a late game cutscene in MP1 where the audio plays but the comic absolutely would not load for me no matter what.

The graphical improvements from MP1 and 2 remind me of how much improvement you used to be able to see in a single console generation.

I refuse to budge from my Max Payne killed his family interpretation, don't care what little fig leaf you give him in the military bunker section game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the dudes hopped up on V killed his family!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I was 11 Jack Lupino’s drugged-up rants scared the poo poo out of me but this time around I was just laughing at the fact he mentions a bunch of satan/devil figures from various cultures and then also mentions Loki

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Official Payne ranking is 3>1>2

Also 3 isn't actually a covershooter. It's like Vanquish where you're really supposed to move around.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

the dudes hopped up on V killed his family!!

And one of those dudes hopped up on V was Max Payne. All of the audio dialog for that attack, Max's dream sequences, and the fact he survives what should have been an overdose of Valkyr point to him being part of the group.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Max Payne 3 is the best Max Payne just for the shootout in the airport with the song from HEALTH playing. 360 era Rockstar has the two best needle drops, MP3 and when you first go to Mexico in Red Dead.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Live At Five! posted:

Max Payne 3 is the best Max Payne just for the shootout in the airport with the song from HEALTH playing. 360 era Rockstar has the two best needle drops, MP3 and when you first go to Mexico in Red Dead.
I love the originals but that airport shootout is seriously one of my favorite moments in gaming history. TEARS is just such an amazing song to have playing during that scene. I've seen HEALTH play it live a few times and it always gets me so energized.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

I love the originals but that airport shootout is seriously one of my favorite moments in gaming history. TEARS is just such an amazing song to have playing during that scene. I've seen HEALTH play it live a few times and it always gets me so energized.

Normally I hate when you have to fight waves of enemies but that was one of the few moments I wish were longer just to keep listening to Tears. I saw HEALTH live a few years ago and it ruled, though I can't remember if they played Tears or not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Live At Five! posted:

Normally I hate when you have to fight waves of enemies but that was one of the few moments I wish were longer just to keep listening to Tears. I saw HEALTH live a few years ago and it ruled, though I can't remember if they played Tears or not.
I think they've played it at every show from the last few years. Looking at setlist.fm, they played it in Sao Paolo in 2019, which must've been unbelievable to witness.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

tragic stranglehold didn’t get brought to series

I don't think it has aged very well but getting Chow Yun Fat to sign off his likeness so they could make a video game sequel to Hard Boiled was a really clever idea and they should make more except better this time.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Phil should let every Call of Duty be day and date on PlayStation...

...entirely through the full GamePass app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Windjammers 2 is out on gamepass and the gameplay seems to be really tight and fun like the original. Another big W