Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

never forget this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CLAM DOWN posted:

your doomerism about hoping for the collapse of society is stupid and selfish, hth

im hoping for the collapse of this madness so we can start on the hard work of building a society. We don't have a society here in canada we have a company store

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Rutibex posted:

We don't have a society here in canada we have a company store

Hell yeah, and it sells those cool stripey blankets!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Oct 29, 2022

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is insanely naive. There's nothing coming after this, hence the interest at all levels to keep the game going as long as possible. You'll be that comic with the flower complaining about having to till the soil.

Wanting to get it over with is still a pretty reasonable position.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is insanely naive. There's nothing coming after this, hence the interest at all levels to keep the game going as long as possible. You'll be that comic with the flower complaining about having to till the soil.

yeah there is nothing after this for the people at the top who are keeping to going at all costs. I don't really feel guilty about hoping for their failure cuz they hope the same on me.

the rest of humanity will surprise you once the boot is lifted

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
“get rid of the world” -someone who has failed out of the world

yeah let’s listen to them!!! sounds like they’ve got a plan and everything

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

The idea that it can be "over with" is however not reasonable.

It isn't going to be like changing the channel, despite what every lived experience you've had so far tells you.

i have a history degree I've studied the details of the English civil war the French revolution the collapse of the Roman Empire the bronze age collapse the first world war. Lots of collapses! it was my speciality! I know what I'm looking forward to

But yeah your right, knowing all that it's not really healthy to be looking forward to what's to come! but I also know there will be something after

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

the rest of humanity will surprise you once the boot is lifted

oh it's already been doing plenty of that over the past 2 years or so, believe me

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The collapse isn't going to have a moment where everyone agrees that we've collapse. It'll be larger and larger tent cities, and more and more people dying in hospitals, while millions of Canadians say "I still have a job and a house, it's fine!"

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Chamale posted:

The collapse isn't going to have a moment where everyone agrees that we've collapse. It'll be larger and larger tent cities, and more and more people dying in hospitals, while millions of Canadians say "I still have a job and a house, it's fine!"

So living in Victoria.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

Did you by any chance have to repeat any of these courses?

It would take longer than however long any of us can expect to continue living for society to reorganize to be able to provide any degree of comfort for an ordinary person, not even considering the likelihood of death during collapse/"rebuilding".

Don't worry, the elites' prosperity will be totally uninterrupted throughout this time so it'd be like nothing at all transpired for them with the added bonus of hardship for people who had no cause to suffer!

you don't understand history at all lol. collapse comes to the elite, the most comfortable first. when no one pays the soldiers they go steal the rich guys stuff. the stuff they were just guarding

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:58 on Oct 29, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol you don't get to call me a doomer any more Mr nihilism

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

If you think things are fine and nbd that reveals a lot about your privileged circumstances. In that case I can understand being dismissive of “doomers” (realists) because you better hope it holds up for your sake!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I would rather live in the John Connor flashbacks in terminator 1 today than have a boomer see home equity tomorrow

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Also, imagine posting in cspam and not understanding that some people's circumstances may be so bad that a total collapse of society might be a comparative improvement lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

skewetoo posted:

If you think things are fine and nbd that reveals a lot about your privileged circumstances. In that case I can understand being dismissive of “doomers” (realists) because you better hope it holds up for your sake!

literally no one said things are fine. they're not. there's a huge difference between that, and actual doomerism itt (which is not being "realist" actually, at all)

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Arguing over who has the most righteous societal collapse fantasy sucks rear end.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I would rather live in the John Connor flashbacks in terminator 1 today than have a boomer see home equity tomorrow

the government would also rather you live there than boomers losing any home equity, so at least you're partially in agreement on this

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
lol sure, the leftist uprising is going to start any day now, they'll have zero problems taking the reins over the fascists who have been actively prepping for this for the last 5 years.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Has anyone tried those new Timbiebs?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Has anyone tried those new Timbiebs?

go back to america

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

skewetoo posted:

some people's circumstances may be so bad that a total collapse of society might be a comparative improvement lmao

imagine thinking any of those people are posting

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Now that's doomerism I can get behind. Lets end this poo poo.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Arivia posted:

go back to america

:iceburn:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

literally no one said things are fine. they're not. there's a huge difference between that, and actual doomerism itt (which is not being "realist" actually, at all)

Of course the poster at the Oceanside cottage hits quote lmao

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

infernal machines posted:

imagine thinking any of those people are posting

insert that Fox News graphic about how 92% of the poor have a fridge here

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

skewetoo posted:

Of course the poster at the Oceanside cottage hits quote lmao

what

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Futanari Damacy posted:

You'll be that comic with the flower complaining about having to till the soil.

it's like the sowing/reaping meme, but the sowing also loving sucks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

that would be a more optimistic situation than now. skynet was destroyed mere months after those flashback scenes. those people have a better future ahead of themselves to look forward to

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Let's invent skynet so we can at least get a sense of hope and community that someday skynet will be destroyed

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Futanari Damacy posted:

The idea that it can be "over with" is however not reasonable.

It isn't going to be like changing the channel, despite what every lived experience you've had so far tells you.

Certainly, but hoping it doesn't happen quite yet is equally a meaningless proposition.

Honestly it is what eats at me is that we are the cusp of something that is going to loving suck. Quit edging me collapse, just do it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

enki42 posted:

Let's invent skynet so we can at least get a sense of hope and community that someday skynet will be destroyed
That's far too proactive.

Lets just let bitcoin mining continue spewing carbon into the atmosphere and eventually climate change will get us.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

All will be well once the Mandate passes into worthy hands. 🪔⛩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i may be sodomized with a gun by a local warlord's kid before slowly dying of sepsis, but at least i'll never have to work another shift at sobeys