Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Gio posted:

i dont work in a hospital, but i dont think it quite works this way? like, “sorry guy sit in the hallway gasping for breath we got a mammogram to do.” or whatever people are envisioning when they talk about denying the unvaxxed care. its either get them vaxxed or they clog hospitals—there is not Third Way.

Idk some doctors have commented on kicking out icu patients for COVID patients (possibly terminal ones) but also a lot of people are being forced to skip elective procedures and scans leaving them suffering or worse, not finding something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1484310989843611648

We already knew this for a while but toss on another data point to the pile that this is going to be the new lead brain for our generations

Dammit I haven't gotten over the old one yet!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
deny care to unvaccinated? looney left eugenics! :smugdon:

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Gio posted:

i mean yeah the vaccine is outdated and wasnt sterilizing to begin with. youre not suggesting ADE, are you?

It's probably that a 2x vaxed patient in a care home has had, until recently, fair odds of not having contracted covid, whereas many of the unvaxed patients would have gotten it by now--some perhaps recently. That could result in a situation where the average 2x vaxed person is more susceptible to covid at this moment (due to omicron) than their unvaxed counterpart.

Also, the kind of person who is in a care home, got shots 1 and 2, but didn't get a booster (despite belonging to the subpopulation for whom boosters were almost always recommended) probably has lib brained idiot family who sucked n hosed all winter and thought nothing of bringing it to mee maw since "it's mild and she's fully vaccinated!"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
people keep interpreting brain studes between 30 y/o’s and 90 y/o’s as if the brain is a battery and theyve been depleted to the same level lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Zurtilik posted:

Masks actually enchant you and if you wear one for 2 hours it gives you 2 whole months of immunity.

They're basically talismans, even if you have them around your wrist the charged layer kills ambient viruses

You can actually do like Idris Elba in Beasts of no Nation and just go rear end naked into battle (or into the laundromat) using the mask to swat away the virus

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What does beta amyloid in the brain mean

I have beta amylase in my fridge. If I trepan my skull and drop some in my brain will it fix the beta amyloid

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Homeless Friend posted:

deny care to unvaccinated? looney left eugenics! :smugdon:

i'm just sick of hearing about it because it's a dumb fantasy that requires a level of competence by any institution in our country that, were it present at any point in the pandemic up to and including this very moment, would lead to us not clogging the hospitals in the first place

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

hahaha

Morbus
May 18, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

We already knew this for a while but toss on another data point to the pile that this is going to be the new lead brain for our generations

imo there is better evidence of neurological problems in covid patients. These autopsy data from patients who died with severe covid are kind of totally worthless, since they by definition suffered brain injuries, and amyloid plaques would be associated with that regardless. The formation of amyloid plaques in non-elderly patients within hours of a TBI is a known thing.

It would be much more interesting & useful to look at the brains of people with "mild" infections, or who recovered from covid.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
i have trained for this doomdemic all my life

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Steve Yun posted:

What does beta amyloid in the brain mean

I have beta amylase in my fridge. If I trepan my skull and drop some in my brain will it fix the beta amyloid

Worth a shot, the cure is never worse than the disease :hmmrona:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mild amounts of feces and urine on the floor due to mild collapse of the hospital system in Melbourne, basic needs unmet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5DVyzcYHs

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

McNugget Buddy posted:

Nah, I was agreeing with you that "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is dumb

It's killing a lot more unvaccinated though so that's cool at least.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

well with a ~100% household attack rate what do you have to lose

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
FDA almost didn't even authorized boosters. several of their members resigned in protest and wrote a NYT op-ed about how much they hated the idea of boosters.

https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1484319418561695746

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Zokari posted:

why even post these maps

its obvious no one who could do anything about it cares

I care, and I can :rubby: about it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress you biden you absolute rear end in a top hat crypt-keeper motherfucker

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

me a few years ago:

"lol everyone is so stupid"

covid:

"hold my beer also turn on ur monitor"
:smugdon:

thedavid
Oct 29, 2004

Starting on 9/11 this year I've 'season passed' Keith Olbermann on my tivo.

Also, Golden Girls.
So I got TWO emails from my school district. The one that doesn't require masks and has done next to nothing to stop the spread of covid in their schools.

1) We have to take a pause and go virtual, but only two days next week. No way! Also, still no mask mandate for chud kids.

2) I'll just post it here. It seems like one of the anti-vax groups have started spreading rumors about furries.

quote:

Good Afternoon XXXX Public Schools Staff, Families and Community Members:

​​​​​​​It is unconscionable that this afternoon I am sending this communication, however, our XXX PS stakeholders may be confused about a false message/accusation that has resurfaced this week and is gaining traction in the social media realm.

At the December 20 Board of Education meeting, a community member addressed the Board of Education. During her comments she stated that litter boxes were provided within XXX student restrooms for those who identify themselves as “furries.”

Let me be clear in this communication. There is no truth whatsoever to this false statement/accusation! There have never been litter boxes within XXX schools.

It is such a source of disappointment that I felt the necessity to communicate this message to you. In this divisive/contentious world in which we currently find ourselves, I ask that if you hear wild accusations that don’t sound like something in which your XXX Public Schools Board of Education, Administration, District would be part, take a moment to send an XXXConnect message to me.

XXX Public Schools' main emphasis was, is and always will be to educate our community’s children with excellence, integrity and respect.

They spent more effort on refuting furries than covid.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

astounding level of hubris on display here, but no matter what actually happens, what this guy thinks will happen will be portrayed as what happened so he'll never have to admit he was wrong, not a fan of it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Bed Utilization: Above 80% in 25 states

Covid Beds: 25% of Bed Usage in 29 states

ICU Utilization: 80% in 37 states.

ICU COVID Beds: 25% or more in 44 states

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raiad posted:

i'm just sick of hearing about it because it's a dumb fantasy that requires a level of competence by any institution in our country that, were it present at any point in the pandemic up to and including this very moment, would lead to us not clogging the hospitals in the first place

imagine hospitals willingly turning away paychecks lmfao

Morbus
May 18, 2004

thedavid posted:

lmao

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Morbus posted:

imo there is better evidence of neurological problems in covid patients. These autopsy data from patients who died with severe covid are kind of totally worthless, since they by definition suffered brain injuries, and amyloid plaques would be associated with that regardless. The formation of amyloid plaques in non-elderly patients within hours of a TBI is a known thing.

It would be much more interesting & useful to look at the brains of people with "mild" infections, or who recovered from covid.

responded to with much trepanation

Ha

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

thedavid posted:

So I got TWO emails from my school district. The one that doesn't require masks and has done next to nothing to stop the spread of covid in their schools.

1) We have to take a pause and go virtual, but only two days next week. No way! Also, still no mask mandate for chud kids.

2) I'll just post it here. It seems like one of the anti-vax groups have started spreading rumors about furries.

are they even housebroken? i mean really

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

it's very important that we keep society open

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

open biden :)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Morbus posted:

well with a ~100% household attack rate what do you have to lose

Your dignity.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Morbus posted:

this study looked at mild Covid brains: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.11.21258690v3

it’s a pre print but:

quote:

In particular, in our sample of infected participants with mainly mild symptoms, we found a significantly more pronounced increase in the duration taken to complete both trails of the Trail Making Test, which is known to be sensitive to detect, and discriminate, mild cognitive impairment and dementia from healthy ageing

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Pingui posted:

Your dignity.

joke's on you, i never had that to begin with

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Tom hanks lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
WHERES MY TOM HANKS BLOOD, BIDEN???

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

Bed Utilization: Above 80% in 25 states

Covid Beds: 25% of Bed Usage in 29 states

ICU Utilization: 80% in 37 states.

ICU COVID Beds: 25% or more in 44 states

time for open biden

we're going right back to opening up here in ontario it's great to see our elites make decisions that are going to kill people

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

jetz0r posted:

thanks, nice to see some first hand experience with msa masks.

how's the quality and materials compare to 3m masks?

I think it's comparable the the SecureClick, which makes sense as they're about the same price, and more solid than the 7503. The straps and the halo strap feel nicer, and the silicone facepiece is softer and makes for a better fit than the SecureClick.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

DirtyRobot posted:

this study looked at mild Covid brains: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.11.21258690v3

it’s a pre print but:

Yeah there is really no shortage of papers by now with data that suggest neurological impairment after covid infection. At this point I don't see how it's useful to look at ischemic brain injury in covid cadavers under a microscope when there are a million better things you could look at if you want to strengthen the case the covid causes brain problems post-recovery.

thedavid
Oct 29, 2004

Starting on 9/11 this year I've 'season passed' Keith Olbermann on my tivo.

Also, Golden Girls.

Delta-Wye posted:

are they even housebroken? i mean really

No.

Also, email does not deny furries in existence at the schools.

Just the cat litter portion.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

:siren: WEED CURES COVID :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joementum posted:

FDA almost didn't even authorized boosters. several of their members resigned in protest and wrote a NYT op-ed about how much they hated the idea of boosters.

https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1484319418561695746

There was an article about a month ago in a paper of record that talked to 15 "experts" about boosters. 14 of them reccomended everyone go get a booster ASAP. The 15th said that not everyone needed a booster and most people shouldn't worry about it. That 15th expert was Monica Ghandi and I can't think of a better way to sum up how jarring it is for her to be constantly able to influence policy and public discussion because she's the one they find when they want someone to go on TV and say COVID is no big deal.