Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Trixie Hardcore posted:

:siren: WEED CURES COVID :siren:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

MMania posted:

Holy poo poo, new crack-ping for me.. here is the Mayo Clinic's recommended treatment for anxiety, which I'm guessing people "overly worried about Covid" are being diagnosed as having;

Treatment
The two main treatments for anxiety disorders are psychotherapy and medications. You may benefit most from a combination of the two.

Psychotherapy
Also known as talk therapy or psychological counseling, psychotherapy involves working with a therapist to reduce your anxiety symptoms. It can be an effective treatment for anxiety. CBT is the most effective form of psychotherapy for anxiety disorders. Generally a short-term treatment, CBT focuses on teaching you specific skills to improve your symptoms and gradually return to the activities you've avoided because of anxiety. CBT includes exposure therapy, in which you gradually encounter the object or situation that triggers your anxiety so you build confidence that you can manage the situation and anxiety symptoms.

CBT is psychotherapy now?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3EZI-prm_M

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Delta-Wye posted:

are they even housebroken? i mean really

Furries spend all their time in the forest digging holes and eating berries so I assume not

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

Hey guys, I wanted to try out a different half face respirator so I bought this one a few days ago, it arrived today.

https://www.zoro.com/msa-msa-advantage-420-half-mask-l-10102184/i/G2898131/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-fThcDbMU

after playing around with it a bit, my initial thoughts:

1. The straps are wider and the halo strap is more accommodating than the 3m 7503 or Secure-click.
2. I like how the round filters handle, they are a bit more ergonomic than the 3m filters. I think they have less filtration area though, and it seems like airflow is slightly more restricted than on my 3m models.
3. The silicone facepiece is a little larger than the 7503 and I think it can accommodate a larger nose than even the largest 3m masks. Might be of interest to large nose havers.
4. There are 2 straps that feed through each side from the halo to the neck, as opposed to the 3m masks that have 4 straps, with separate top and bottom sets. There is also a release on the nose. I thought this might allow you to quickly release the mask and pull it down to your neck, but not really, because you have to adjust each side so that the face piece sits centered on your face, and you kind of need 3 hands to do that, so the quick release isn't really useful. Then again, neither is the quick release on the 3m 7503 all that useful either, so it's kind of a wash.

Overall, it's better in some ways to the 3m models, but if you already have a 3m mask I wouldn't consider this to be an upgrade.

Tangental, I got an MSA Advantage 900 today to compare to my existing 7502, and I agree with all your points but #4 is the worst part. You set up the 7502 once and you're good, but this one you have to gently caress with the straps every time you put it on. It's definitely lighter, smaller, and more comfortable than the 7502, but also feels way more cheaply made. I can't tell if the speech diaphragm makes a difference, but it's there, and no exhaust valve is nice. Overall, though, I can't recommend it.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

thedavid posted:

So I got TWO emails from my school district. The one that doesn't require masks and has done next to nothing to stop the spread of covid in their schools.

1) We have to take a pause and go virtual, but only two days next week. No way! Also, still no mask mandate for chud kids.

2) I'll just post it here. It seems like one of the anti-vax groups have started spreading rumors about furries.

They spent more effort on refuting furries than covid.

lmfao no way

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Morbus posted:

With covid, much as in mountaineering, most of the deaths occur on the way down

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

What does beta amyloid in the brain mean

I have beta amylase in my fridge. If I trepan my skull and drop some in my brain will it fix the beta amyloid

It's plaque, baby! Plaque in the brain causes dementia symptoms.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
I remember we had quite a few people cracking teeth itt back in 2020.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-dental-problems-grinding-covid-tt-20220120-c37kznud55cnfc3eqjx3gu75cq-story.html posted:

Cracked teeth. Grinding. Sore jaws. Chicago dentists say COVID-19 stress is affecting our dental health.
(..)
The ADA’s Health Policy Institute conducted a poll in October that found dentists reported an increase in stress-related conditions, such as jaw grinding or clenching, chipped teeth, cracked teeth and joint dysfunction.

According to the poll, 69% of dentists saw an increase in patients grinding and clenching their teeth, and 63% said they saw more patients with chipped teeth and cracked teeth, all conditions often associated with stress.
(..)

It has been a while since then, but to anyone that weren't here back then, you should get a mouth guard if you grind your teeth at night.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

BOTN kf94 adult and kid sizes are back in stock if anybody needs some.

My grandparents are sick with a cold I guess since they tested negative. Who fuckin knows though.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

Furries spend all their time in the forest digging holes and eating berries so I assume not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5O9Skjne8

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/MarkMcGowanMP/status/1484132178762276873?s=20

i have drunk deep of tears this morning

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

drat imagine having forward thinking active leadership at the state level. sounds awesome.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

There was an article about a month ago in a paper of record that talked to 15 "experts" about boosters. 14 of them reccomended everyone go get a booster ASAP. The 15th said that not everyone needed a booster and most people shouldn't worry about it. That 15th expert was Monica Ghandi and I can't think of a better way to sum up how jarring it is for her to be constantly able to influence policy and public discussion because she's the one they find when they want someone to go on TV and say COVID is no big deal.

Dr Monica Ghandi is basically a "5th Column" that's probably on COV19's payroll.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Thoguh posted:

There was an article about a month ago in a paper of record that talked to 15 "experts" about boosters. 14 of them reccomended everyone go get a booster ASAP. The 15th said that not everyone needed a booster and most people shouldn't worry about it. That 15th expert was Monica Ghandi and I can't think of a better way to sum up how jarring it is for her to be constantly able to influence policy and public discussion because she's the one they find when they want someone to go on TV and say COVID is no big deal.

gently caress, i really hate her. Is she paid by someone just to say stupid poo poo and be incompetent?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I need to remember this later.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

You are now watching Cable 10 - Aurora Community Access channel

WAYNE'S WORLD
WAYNE'S WORLD
COPS ARE DEAD
EXCELLENT

:lol: thank you for this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1484315966531985414?s=20

get me an IV and hook me up to that giant vaccine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The person in this photo not following CDC guidance is the driver.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Norm Macdonald is alive in Cuba?

mystes
May 31, 2006

That's not a vaccine, this is a vaccine!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Thoguh posted:

i think someone in this thread specifically mentioned her being the 10th dentist that doesnt recommend flossing or some such

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

let's just dunk the soda can that contains all the covid particles in the world in this and call it a day

mystes
May 31, 2006

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i think someone in this thread specifically mentioned her being the 10th dentist that doesnt recommend flossing or some such
Yeah that was a good analogy

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

drat imagine having forward thinking active leadership at the state level. sounds awesome.

it's kind of insane.

the (LYING EAST COAST) media is full of concern trolling about people's arrangements, meanwhile most of the replies and comments on his announcement are thanking him for delaying.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PerniciousKnid posted:

I need to remember this later.

just make a list of names for later

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I hate this tomfoolery so much.

The boosters that were repeatedly lampooned by liberals reduced deaths to Delta by ninety loving percent in older populations.

There is every reason to believe that an Omicron‐targeted shot will be similarly lifesaving.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Platystemon posted:

The boosters that were repeatedly lampooned by liberals reduced deaths to Delta by ninety loving percent in older populations.

There is every reason to believe that an Omicron‐targeted shot will be similarly lifesaving.

if you do anything to address covid now, people will realize our failing half measures from last year are insufficient and we can't have that

better everyone gets sick instead of fauci having to eat even a little crow

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ya boyeeeee

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are Twitter embeds not working for anyone else, or just me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

but a Omicron booster would reduce Pfizer's profit for the year vs just selling the existing recipe!

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

are Twitter embeds not working for anyone else, or just me

twitter has been fucky today.

They're not working for me either.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The person in this photo not following CDC guidance is the driver.

lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

AppleNippleBOB posted:

twitter has been fucky today.

They're not working for me either.

Hmm either that or I got hellbanned for trolling people about Manchin's voting record.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1483590833479815170?t=bs2mjqWHJVkd8H_blspKbA&s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

The amount of navel gazing and red tape over booster shots was hilarious given how the Israeli medical system already did the homework assignment over the summer.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im imagining a clean wellstocked aisle in a cuban pharmacy that is just floor to ceiling shelves of novelty sized vaccine vials

ofc there would be a jackass from turning point hamming it up in front of them as some sort of own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

This country keeps trying to commit suicide.