Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mike N Eich posted:

This is gonna be insanely annoying in Limited I'm guessing

Probably going to be a -3/-3 black spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

There's Meathook Massacre, and in Alchemy there is Sanguine Brushstroke

That's alright then, it'd be too easy to go infinite with that dragon and blood artist effects in standard but with just Meathook you'd need to be ahead by more than 2:1.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
like, if they have a cycle of Dragons like in the old times that lil bugger will be an annoying gnat looking up at ultra bombs

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's alright then, it'd be too easy to go infinite with that dragon and blood artist effects in standard but with just Meathook you'd need to be ahead by more than 2:1.

It says non-dragon.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Does seem good with Blood In The Snow though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It says non-dragon.

Right, but it doesn't say 'other card' a Glasspool Mimic could target itself with the trigger.

Vvv Well the legend rule would be your sac outlet but that's why I said if the only artist effect in standard is legendary and asymmetrical it's not a worry.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 20, 2022

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Right, but it doesn't say 'other card' a Glasspool Mimic could target itself with the trigger.

So you'd need the dragon, a Glasspool Mimic, a sac outlet, and the blood artist to deal equal damage to yourself and your opponent. I wouldn't be worried about that.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Wouldn't need a sac outlet, you can just legend rule it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kor celebrant/lunarch vet + relic vial can offset the life loss while draining the opponent's life. you just need to stack the triggers so that your life gain procs first. that's a lot of moving parts though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bonder's Ornament!!!?!?!

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lol at not banning the problem cards

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
lmao at a format so warped that Atog gets banned

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
The need to just ban tron, delver and the artifact lands

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Utter bullshit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koirhor posted:

Utter bullshit

No that was only ever a mythic rare in Khans and was never eligible to be played in pauper

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

The three cards banned

Atog
Bonder's Ornament
Prophetic Prism

Explanations on their website: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-20-2022-banned-and-restricted-announcement

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm shocked, shocked, that they decided not to ban any of the MH2 cards even though the format was fine before MH2.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Shot: We banned Expedition Map last year to try and make an impact, but that ban ended up doing very little.

Chaser: While it is possible at some point that we could entirely ban the deck by way of removing the Urzatron lands, we would much rather find ways to reduce its power before going to such an extreme step.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ban Tron already!
...Oh we're talking pauper?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Just ban Tower. ez pz

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I haven't played pauper in a long time, but when I did tron needed a ban back then and probably does more now.

Whatever happened to Hellsau? He used to post about pauper tron all the time.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Ban Tron in every format

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There’s another banned/restricted announcement coming for other formats on Tuesday

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Cactrot posted:

I haven't played pauper in a long time, but when I did tron needed a ban back then and probably does more now.

Whatever happened to Hellsau? He used to post about pauper tron all the time.

Afaik he stopped reporting in after the fourth transmission in a row was "Esper Tron still broken AF" but still played because they were raking the tix in

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There’s another banned/restricted announcement coming for other formats on Tuesday

Holds a gun to lurrus' head "just say when, WotC"
meanwhile, ragavan laughs in legacy

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Is mbc good yet

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/unfinity-release-date-change-2022-01-20

quote:

Due to ongoing supply chain complications from challenges associated with COVID-19, the release of Unfinity, our fourth Un- set originally slated for April 1, 2022, will be delayed until the second half of 2022.

This delay is specific to Unfinity, and we'll have more information to share in the coming months. We greatly appreciate your understanding as we work toward our updated release timing and the wacky excitement Unfinity brings.

Until then, don't forget that Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty is nearly here! Be sure to tune in January 27 to the official Magic: The Gathering YouTube channel or twitch.tv/magic to get your first look at everything Kamigawa has to offer ahead of the global release February 18.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Fine with that. Too much has been coming out at once lately. It's been getting tougher to keep up with cards I wanna collect when it's getting harder to justify buying singles for what feels like every new set coming out each month and a half or so.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

whydirt posted:

lmao at a format so warped that Atog gets banned

born on a buy you posted:

The need to just ban tron, delver and the artifact lands
Came here to post this.

How the hell are the artifact lands not banned?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Latest leak: Ninjitsu that makes a copy of an attacker (it has to enter attacking, so Ninjitsu, and the thing it copies must also be attacking, so you or a teammate.)
Thousand-Faced Shadow
U
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu 2UU

Flying
1/1
When Thousand-Faced Shadow enters the battlefield from your hand, if it's attacking, create a token that's a copy of another target attacking creature. The token enteres the battlefield tapped and attacking.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Works with Delina, Wild Mage; Olivia, Crimson Bride; and the flipped sides of Runo Stromkirk and Bereaved Survivor.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Holds a gun to lurrus' head "just say when, WotC"
meanwhile, ragavan laughs in legacy

Stop banning cats please.

Framboise posted:

Fine with that. Too much has been coming out at once lately. It's been getting tougher to keep up with cards I wanna collect when it's getting harder to justify buying singles for what feels like every new set coming out each month and a half or so.

On the other hand, postponing the joke set from April 1st is the one thing that shouldn't get delayed. I hate April Fools Day (or what the internet made it into) but after the last two years, c'mon

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
get ready for a disastrously rushed april fools secret lair. what memes are left to capitalize on for it, you think? doge?

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I just hope for a bauble ban. Lurrus is ok to me.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

get ready for a disastrously rushed april fools secret lair. what memes are left to capitalize on for it, you think? doge?

Something something NFT

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Since the token is comes into play attacking it skips any 'When ~ is declared an attacker' triggers, right?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Since the token is comes into play attacking it skips any 'When ~ is declared an attacker' triggers, right?

Yes, and i think it skips any "when attacked" triggers too? Like if you have an effect where they have to pay 1 to attack, this would bypass that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

teppichporsche posted:

I just hope for a bauble ban. Lurrus is ok to me.

Bauble isn't warping the format the way Lurrus is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

yes. also you can Ninjitsu thousand faces after blocks so you can make the copy effectively unblockable the turn it comes it