Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

oh get hosed. everyone knows the meme is about antivaxxers specifically. not people who are medically unable to get the vaccine, or live in a poor country where it's not available, or whatever.

also, here's a hot take for you: people who are refusing the vaccine because "the government hosed me over before" are still antivaxxers and they should still get nuked. if you have an adult brain, you can grasp the idea that bad actors still might do good things, and not reject it all wholesale.

quit concern trolling.

"quit concern trolling", the mating call of the absolute psycho who thinks they've found a socially acceptable outlet for their bloodlust. eat poo poo. now somebody post some memes

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Currently lolling at the idea of someone walking into downtown Tuskegee with a megaphone and bellowing "TO THE ISLAND, CHUD" at every black guy he sees. Like what. I'm helping

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I’ve been re-reading one of the old “macros & memes” threads and figured I was reading someone’s edgy 2014 opinion there, with the kneejerk “get fukt if u don’t lik my u-jeniks meem u cunsern trool”.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Currently lolling at the idea of someone walking into downtown Tuskegee with a megaphone and bellowing "TO THE ISLAND, CHUD" at every black guy he sees. Like what. I'm helping

Yup that is what is happening here. Shut the gently caress up omg

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

oh get hosed. everyone knows the meme is about antivaxxers specifically. not people who are medically unable to get the vaccine, or live in a poor country where it's not available, or whatever.

also, here's a hot take for you: people who are refusing the vaccine because "the government hosed me over before" are still antivaxxers and they should still get nuked. if you have an adult brain, you can grasp the idea that bad actors still might do good things, and not reject it all wholesale.

quit concern trolling.

I don't wish to murder the unvaccinated.

Now off you gently caress.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

pull up, thread!

^also me to this thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

some plague rats posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

yeah sure i can post a meme

some plague rats posted:

Where's it say that, then?

Because I mean over here at least the people who aren't vaccinated are hugely, disproportionately poor minorities. You know, people who don't have the time, or the support needed to keep their job and feed their kids while they recover from the side effects or who just straight up don't trust the government for extremely valid reasons

Seems like you should expect to get funny looks when you lean down from on high and declare you want to see a large part of the poor and indigenous population herded onto an island and nuked

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What did the people of Saskatchewan and Manitoba ever do to you??

Alberta I understand

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

flavor.flv posted:

What did the people of Saskatchewan and Manitoba ever do to you??

Alberta I understand

Canada isn't real. It's a psyop.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Here's some home grown, I'm sure at least one of you will find at least one of them funny.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Was that kid even really allergic though???

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

some plague rats posted:

Where's it say that, then?

Because I mean over here at least the people who aren't vaccinated are hugely, disproportionately poor minorities. You know, people who don't have the time, or the support needed to keep their job and feed their kids while they recover from the side effects or who just straight up don't trust the government for extremely valid reasons

Seems like you should expect to get funny looks when you lean down from on high and declare you want to see a large part of the poor and indigenous population herded onto an island and nuked

:ohno:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I decided to look up the numbers

quote:

Of Americans surveyed from Sept. 13-22, 72% of adults 18 and older had been vaccinated, including 71% of white Americans, 70% of Black Americans, and 73% of Hispanics. Contrast these converging figures with disparities based on politics: 90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans.

A Gallup survey released on Sept. 29 confirmed the KFF findings. As of mid-September, 75% of adult Americans have been vaccinated, including 73% of non-Hispanic white adults and 78% of non-whites. Along party lines, however, the breakdown was 92% of Democrats, 68% of Independents, and 56% of Republicans.

I dug into the gallup numbers a little more, and the 'unvaccinated / don't plan to ever get vaccinated' was 22% non-Hispanic white, and 15% non-white.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

graham cracker posted:

Would you say we should 'nuke them from orbit, goonsire'?
Personally I would say

1 it's a meme, not a proposal for House Resolution 1234.5 with genocide implementation details

2 we probably just need to nuke the whole planet from orbit at this point (in collective history), but it would be nice to somehow drop all the humans and leave the plants and fuzzy animals alone

But even then, maybe I'm just being sarcastic. :histdowns:

ps
Whatever opinions, it spawned this (again?) and I laughed so much, so it was worth it.

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Jan 21, 2022

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I don't know if redemption is needed, I kinda wrote that off a couple decades ago, but I'll try.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

You are allowed to call the cops on

- badly parked giant spotless trucks
- misc. perverts
- most of the cast of Seinfeld, especially when one of them is making a scene about petty bullshit

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ragnar34 posted:

You are allowed to call the cops on

- badly parked giant spotless trucks
- misc. perverts
- most of the cast of Seinfeld, especially when one of them is making a scene about petty bullshit

Granos.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I hadn't even seen half of them before, maybe knew their names. It's worthy. The cinematography, screenplay, and direction are awesome, but there's only one movie and sequel where I literally stand up and cheer during the opening credits:

Burt Reynolds
Dom DeLuise
Farrah Fawcett
Dean Martin
Sammy Davis Jr
Roger Moore
Jackie Chan
Jamie Farr
Mel Tillis
John Fiedler
Frank Sinatra, Marilu Henner, Telly Savalas, Shirley MacLaine, Sid Caesar, Tony Danza, Jack Elam, Don Knotts, Richard Kiel, Ricardo Montalban, Shawn Weatherly, ...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I hadn't even seen half of them before, maybe knew their names. It's worthy. The cinematography, screenplay, and direction are awesome, but there's only one movie and sequel where I literally stand up and cheer during the opening credits:

Burt Reynolds
Dom DeLuise
Farrah Fawcett
Dean Martin
Sammy Davis Jr
Roger Moore
Jackie Chan
Jamie Farr
Mel Tillis
John Fiedler
Frank Sinatra, Marilu Henner, Telly Savalas, Shirley MacLaine, Sid Caesar, Tony Danza, Jack Elam, Don Knotts, Richard Kiel, Ricardo Montalban, Shawn Weatherly, ...

line 'em up
let 'em roll
from sea to shinin' seeeeeaaaaaa

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't wish to murder the unvaccinated.

Now off you gently caress.

The choicefully unvaxed maybe should not be murderfied, but I think we should most definitely stop allowing them to be hospitalized. You make your choices and life comes at you fast.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I'm sorry, but is that human bartender Jackie Daytona?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Antivaxxers are dying at a 65:1 ratio and about a third of them are developing long-term disabilities and illnesses.

You don't have to do anything. They're going fill purge on themselves.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You don't have to do anything. They're going fill purge on themselves.

What an oxymoronic typo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cult_hero posted:

Honoré de Ballsack definitely sounds like another one of his aliases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

cult_hero posted:

that is absolutely Jack the Ripper