Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

they are angry at the crime, angry at the people who have come wearing adequate PPE during an airborne pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

It's not hard, they just don't care

I know, I'm just so tired.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Who are the "COVID cautious" people who won't leave Nate Silver alone

Are they accosting him on the street? if so, good.

he's talking about people who disagree with him on twitter and he could very easily be "left alone" by not posting anymore lol

Everyone complaining about wanting to "get on with their lives" just want people to stop reminding them covid exists. They are saying they are okay living in constant denial of reality.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS DATA

COVID HOspitalizations: 159,052 - I suspect we're going to be here for a while as the Northeast/Rust Belt drops and everywhere else increases.

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1484537806101762049?s=20

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Zodium posted:

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1484195494909915141

re: model chat, yaneer reposted this paper on the limits and utility of modeling from july 2020.

obviously, we did not focus on how we can replicate their common success.

lol, just lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nate silver is our fault

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bullfrog posted:

lol here we go, this thread is prolonging the pandemic by not going to applebees!

https://twitter.com/truthshamesthe6/status/1484274537005002752

The trolley problem but they can stop it at any time but instead they blame everyone who’s not jumping in front of the trolley.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

mystes posted:

How many more variants is it going to take before people shut up about herd immunity?

what does your heart tell you?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The only way to stop the trolley is a line of humans slowly interrupting its momentum until it derails.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Zurtilik posted:

The only way to stop the trolley is a line of humans slowly interrupting its momentum until it derails.

Thank you Mr. President for speaking truth to the powerless o7

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Remember when that one article that came out that was like “gaiters may be worse than wearing nothing at all”, and libs went apoplectic about how you absolutely could not draw that conclusion from the study because that’s not what it was designed to measure?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

I know, I'm just so tired.

:glomp:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Platystemon posted:

Remember when that one article that came out that was like “gaiters may be worse than wearing nothing at all”, and libs went apoplectic about how you absolutely could not draw that conclusion from the study because that’s not what it was designed to measure?

How many goons got probed for that in D&D?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Pingui posted:

Percentage of BA.1

vs BA.2

In sequenced cases in Denmark.

Total sequenced:

Source: https://www.covid19genomics.dk/statistics

So does this mean you get one of BA1/2/3, or there is no cross immunity?

Because if there is no cross immunity, this isnt ever going to end.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

speng31b posted:

Nate silver is our fault

It's not like hes a goon or anything. Why is he our fault?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Bullfrog posted:

lmao its a meeting of the loving minds in this thread

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1484515780792356864

Nate colloidal silver

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Has anyone looked at severity of reinfection vs. original infection outside of anecdotes? It sounds difficult to study but if reinfections are more severe after all then I will lmao.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

bad boys for life posted:

So does this mean you get one of BA1/2/3, or there is no cross immunity?

Because if there is no cross immunity, this isnt ever going to end.

ba* are almost certainly going to confer whatever resistance to each other that a strain will to itself. they're very similar. you'll get whichever one is most efficient at infecting people and then have whatever immunity it grants

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

wow that’s loving crazy

Covid is actually a bioweapon designed and deployed by the American government

the best take is that this is a lab escape
but also that it isn't dangerous and vaccinations / masks hurt their freedom

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Hi cspam thread, there's a lot of COVID in my shop and more than half is out. I have Moderna x 4, though the last was only 6 days ago and so not effective yet.

Today I have muscle aches, some coughing and a moderate amt of snot, and an angry tummy that woke me up a few times. Temp 97.1.

The cough and snot aren't unusual for me in winter, and my gut tends to be grouchy in general, but the pain isn't what I'm used to, it sucks. Have I got the COVID?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

wow that’s loving crazy

Covid is actually a bioweapon designed and deployed by the American government

a weapon to surpass metal gear??

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pink Mist posted:

Has anyone looked at severity of reinfection vs. original infection outside of anecdotes? It sounds difficult to study but if reinfections are more severe after all then I will lmao.

i'm not sure how robust this study is since i just skimmed the abstract:

a preprint posted:

Our study found the majority (60.9%) of the reinfected patients were unvaccinated against COVID-19. A significant association was evident between the severity of reinfection and the vaccination status of the COVID-19 patients. The present study noticed that the vaccinated patients had significantly more chance of having moderate and severe infection than the unvaccinated patients. But the study conducted in Kentucky acclaimed that vaccination can reduce the risk of COVID-19 reinfection [19]. Our extensive literature confronted an enormous scarcity of relevant studies concerning the association between vaccination status and severity of COVID-19 reinfection. Though vaccination may reduce the risk of COVID-19 reinfection but our study indicates that it may increase the possibility of flaring up symptoms in reinfected cases. So, the current study applauds further analytical studies to assess the relationship between the severity of reinfection and the vaccination status of the patients.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Baron Harkonnen?

re: exhaust valves. I had someone try to tell me my elastomeric was useless because it has an exhaust valve (it does not). Starting to think that maybe some kind of "NO VALVE" or "VALVE DISABLED" sticker might be the easiest way to address the bullshit

if anyone says your resprator is useless because of the exhaust valve simply make a bane voice and say "useless for YOU"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Me again. posted:

Hi cspam thread, there's a lot of COVID in my shop and more than half is out. I have Moderna x 4, though the last was only 6 days ago and so not effective yet.

Today I have muscle aches, some coughing and a moderate amt of snot, and an angry tummy that woke me up a few times. Temp 97.1.

The cough and snot aren't unusual for me in winter, and my gut tends to be grouchy in general, but the pain isn't what I'm used to, it sucks. Have I got the COVID?

here let me just spin my covid 8 ball for you:

"sources say take a damned test"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zurtilik posted:

the operators will just hire kids to remove the debris and run the trolley

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant believe covid killed meat loaf

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

triple sulk posted:

rip

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i would do anything for trump

yeah i would do anything for TRUMP!

i would do anything for trump

but i won't get vaxxed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

triple sulk posted:

bad day for people who need to google meatloaf recipes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

I would do anything for love
but I won't do mask

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Bat Out Of Wuhan

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I can see paradise by the Covid dashboard light

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lung is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lol God drat I was joking initially about him dying of covid and then I learn he really did die from covid holy poo poo

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Ominous axe

Cat belly is always a trap

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol a musician from The 70s and 80s who did power ballads about love and rode a motorcycle .out of hell like a bad rear end was.on the apprentice a show hosted by Donald tru.p a man who went on to become the God drat president

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Omicrons in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
where was the original old surge, new surge, both surges image from?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

tuyop posted:

where was the original old surge, new surge, both surges image from?

Originally originally I suppose the alpha wave, but the picture you see here was posted by Modsassinator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

bad day for people who need to google meatloaf recipes

per 1 lb of ground meat:
1 egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard (dry)

Seasonings to taste. I like Flavor God's Italian Zest for this, it's like regular Italian herb mix but with salt, pepper, granulated lemon zest, cayenne pepper and paprika. Granulated garlic, salt and pepper at a bare minimum.

Glaze:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

I tend to make 1/4 lb mini loaves for meal prep. Put them on a parchment lined sheet pan, glaze, freeze before baking. Store them in a ziploc or vacuum pack.