Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Muriel's Wedding should be mandatory viewing for this thread IMO. It has tons of r/elationships material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Bargearse posted:

I'm genuinely shocked anyone's heard of that movie outside of Australia

It was the first R movie I saw was a kid. Mom rented it on VHS from Blockbuster, I remembered nothing of it except the cover.

So far I’m WAY into it. The Waterloo scene is a++

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Bargearse posted:

I'm genuinely shocked anyone's heard of that movie outside of Australia

It was big in the UK, not as big as Priscilla or Cell Block H mind.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

OrthoTrot posted:

Are we reading the same post? They both agree he does often buy her presents bit they're not what she wants. "She just wants a call" doesn't seem accurate at all. She's complaining, explicitly, about the calibre of the presents and messages she receives.

I think we're focusing on different things. She does say he needs to start bring more thoughtful with his gifts and he really wants to make it about the fact that she doesn't like his gifts because they're cheap, but she mentions he didn't even get her a card for several years and he says he forgets her birthday completely a lot. So I read it as he usually never gets her anything at all and he's mad because she hasn't told him what she wants and he can't be bothered to actually ask but he he's broke and that's his only excuse.

I'd be more sympathetic to the charge of weaponized gift giving if her accusations were more like "every year all I get is a card and a phone call, he never buys me anything really nice though" instead of "one year I got an sms and flowers a month later, in the past I've gotten stuff he probably found next to the register at the supermarket, I wish he would show me he knows anything about me or thinks about me literally ever or at all".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
drat one of the rare times the father doesn't take the stepmom's side. You love to see it

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not letting my girlfriend use my charger?

quote:

So me (M28) and my girlfriend (F32) live in Canada, our province was preparing for a major storm. Her phone charger had broken the night before, no big deal she was going to pick up a new one the next day. She had done all the running around getting gas for the snow blower, groceries to eat when we lost power.

She started making pizza so we would have something other than sandwiches to eat and asked if she could borrow my charger because it was so busy in town she forgot to stop for one of her own. I said yes but not until mine was done.

That was fine at the time, but then it started really storming and we knew eventually the power would be going off. She asked what my phone percentage was and I told her it was almost done, she asked again if she could borrow it to even get to 50%. I said no I will give you it when mine is charged.

She said she just wanted to have enough to talk to her parents tomorrow and make sure they’re ok. Now she talks to her parents every night which I don’t understand. They have lived in Canada for their entire life just because they are elderly I think they can survive one storm without a hour long conversation.

So my phone was done charging and I gave her the charger to use, I didn’t deny it entirely however the power went out about ten minutes after she started charging. She didn’t say much and went to bed for the night.

The next morning she woke up and her phone was at 5% and wouldn’t talk to me and when I asked her about it she said I was a rear end in a top hat and being selfish. We didn’t get power back until around 6:00 PM that evening.

So was I the AH?

TLDR: I wouldn’t let my GF use my charger until my phone was at 100%.

comment posted:

The bar for men is so low, it's a tavern in Hades.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

therattle posted:

Muriel’s Wedding is a treasure. It’s dated but still really good.

Isn't it like the main reason Toni Collette exists as a big deal?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bargearse posted:

I've never seen it. Yahoo Serious was always this country's better cultural export.

Personally, I saw it on a weird drive-in 4fer with Priscilla, The Mask and Bad Boy Bubby.

I like Bad Boy Bubby, but it is whiplash-inducing change of tone from the other three films.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Soylent Pudding posted:

lmao amazing, what a loving tool. we have this conversation periodically and we're both always like oh no im at like 70% go ahead and charge up for a while

My mom cheated on my stepdad and says my brother is her only kid now.

quote:

Hi all, title may sound like something else but I will explain. I (20F) gave my stepdad (52M) proof that my mom(42F) was cheating on him and that it wasn’t just an emotional affair like we all thought. (Reason I did was because she involved my 12 year old sister and guilt tripped her so I decided I would step in and show him) When I was younger , my mom asked me to make her a Facebook account using one of my several emails. I did and naturally forgot about it until recently when she asked me to reset the password and let her in.

At this point, it was known by stepdad that she cheated but in emotional terms. I asked her why and she said she only needed to check messages. I later showed him and he read through them and confirmed she had unprotected intercourse. She didn’t know he read them or that I showed him. He made her delete her personal Facebook and he deleted his. He looked her straight in the eye and asked if she had another and she swore up and down that she didn’t. When she saw I was alone in the living room, she tried bribing me $100 and asked me to delete it for her.

The following night he got her to confess that it was a physical affair. She immediately suspected me but he told her it wasn’t and he had hired someone. In the morning, he left for work only to come back 2 hours later to cry in bed and take his meds. He told me and younger siblings that he wants to leave the city. Start fresh and that I’m welcomed to come along. My siblings (11M & 12F) said I was like the mother they never had as our mom never showed us love nor taught any of us anything. Always put work before us. Stepdad invited mom to come along and said if she really loved him and wanted to reconcile then she would move with us and start fresh.

She agreed. My older brother(26) gave my stepdad new info on how she would visit AP when they worked together. Stepdad asked her and she denied again until she finally confessed to that as well. I got a notification that my mom tried/got into my Apple account on a new phone. I confronted her and she denied it. Stepdad took away the spare phone from her and this morning she told him she doesn’t want me to come along with them. I started crying and so did the kids . She texted my other older brother(24) that he’s her only child and she hopes he will never betray her like we did . She doesn’t know that he also hates her. I blocked my mom and consider her dead to me.

I don’t know what to do if I’m not able to go with them. The kids said need me and they’re the only reason I was coming in the first place . Im also angry that mom thinks we betrayed her when she was caught cheating.

TL;DR Mom says we betrayed her and she only has one child now because she was caught cheating.

Update: My mom cheated on my stepdad and says my brother is her only child now. (tw: self-harm ideation)

quote:

Hi all, Im sorry for not updating for awhile. I have been attending therapy and dealing with the drama. My stepdad has changed his mind so many times on wanting to leave and then stay and then leave and then stay. I think rn he wants to stay with her as he wants the kids to grow up with both parents until they turn 18. We had a family meeting shortly after my post where mom was suppose to apologize to us.

She only ever addressed both of my older brothers and not me. I ended up leaving very angry and she later cried and tried to manipulate me into forgiving her. It was only after my stepdad got on his knees and begged me to forgive her. I did but now I regret it. She said she would change but now too long ago my brother and I got I to a fight and she told him “see how they are ? They betray you like they betrayed me” (talking about me and my oldest brother). She also told him she would never forgive us and will forever hold a grudge against us. I broke down completely and have been having intense self ending thoughts.

Recently at the end of my tunnel was my little siblings and now it’s all dark. I don’t see a future and I’m scared I’m falling back into the place where I attempted to self end over 10 times . I can’t fully open up to my therapist as we do therapy outside and if over the phone(im never alone in house). I took a good amount of SS of her convos with AP as requested by my stepdad but not all of it as it was more than 1000 messages. I also gave him access to the account after he told me that he would take good care of it. Guess what? He didn’t and she erased the convo from the archived messages .

I logged out all of the other devices and tried recovering the messages through downloading Facebook info but it’s not there anymore. Does anyone know how else I can recover it ? Stepdad wants them for future divorce but I only have a few ss. Other than that it’s been pretty ok. He found out the reason she did it and let’s just say it wasn’t a good one. She’s still a pos, compulsive manipulative liar. I just want to help stepdad with the messages and be done since they’re staying in the state now.

I’m sorry if post is all over the place. I’ve been having insomnia and depressed. My meds aren’t working neither and im not eating so Brain is foggy. Thanks all for the advice previously.

TL;DR: Stepdad forgave cheating mom for kids and she deleted 90% of the evidence. Now I’m trying to recover it for him while my mental health deteriorates.

man really sad all around. talk about a mother not worthy of the title

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

teen witch posted:

You are interrupting me watching Muriel’s Wedding so I drat well want to see some honesty

Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

drat, if the mom is a 10, the stepdad is like a 7 on failing that child.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Stepdad thought he could fix the situation and stop Mom from cheating by physically moving her away from her affair partner, then by controlling her phone and social media accounts, and now he has some scheme to gather evidence for a divorce, but not yet.

I really hope OP doesn't drive herself crazy "gathering evidence," especially since it's probably going to be either unnecessary or useless. Mom strikes me as the kind of person who would be like "My traitor family doesn't understand, I only cheated because I really really felt like it" in front of a judge. But IANAL so I don't know what the court does when someone is like "I want to divorce her because she cheated on me, several years ago, and I decided to forgive her and stay together for the kids, but only for a while."

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 21, 2022

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

This one is especially stupid because it takes ages to charge the last 20% on a phone. You're not even supposed to fully charge lithium ion batteries every time, they're not like the old nicad ones where it would lose capacity if you only did a partial charge.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Who doesn’t have some kind of backup battery pack in this day and age? You can get them at the dollar store now.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

therobit posted:

Who doesn’t have some kind of backup battery pack in this day and age? You can get them at the dollar store now.

or you know, more than one USB cable

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

teen witch posted:

It was the first R movie I saw was a kid. Mom rented it on VHS from Blockbuster, I remembered nothing of it except the cover.

So far I’m WAY into it. The Waterloo scene is a++

If you like Waterloo scenes you should check out the one from Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my fathers wife that I didn't care if anything happened to her child and refusing to look after her?

Just imagine if Suzie was a single mother. She'd probably reek of BO as apparently you can't take a shower unless you have child care lined up. Or maybe I foolishly changed the channel too early at the end of TGIF and missed a 20/20 episode about babies dying because mom wanted to shower.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for telling my son i’d rather have his ex wife as a daughter than him as my son after he got cut out of the will?

quote:

16 years ago my son Matthew had a daughter with his now ex wife Josie. I have always thought of Josie as my own daughter, so when they divorced 7 years ago due to my son cheating, I was conflicted and disappointed. Josie wasn’t particularly close with any of her family, so My husband and I naturally took them in. Josie was an angel, she had insisted that we didn’t have to lift a finger more than before we had taken them in and though she was hurt, she kept civil around Matthew.

My husband and I held a huge hand in raising their daughter Ruth, because Matthew remarried less than a year later and now has a four year old son after disowning Ruth. Two years ago my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer, it was hard on everyone, especially Ruth. They were extremely close, she told him about her girlfriends and boyfriends before anyone else and has always wanted him to be the one to walk her down the isle at her wedding. Matt rarely ever visited and didn’t answer our calls often saying that we had other kids so it wasn’t like my husband was dying lonely.

Last night Matt stopped by to talk about inheritance, he never mentioned Josie nor Ruth and hinted that he thought he should get more inheritance than his siblings the entire time. My husband and I shared awkward looks until he decided to cut in, he explained that everyone would get a piece, but he’d focus more on Ruth and Bonnie (one of our other grandkids). Matt got angry and said that Ruth was just a bastard and that his son deserved more than her, my husband got furious after that and left the room saying that he wouldn’t include Matthew at all.

Matt yelled back and turned to me saying that Ruth wasn’t worth it because she’d just grow up to be a whore like her mother, I told him that i’d rather have her mother as my daughter than him as my son and insisted that he leave. I’m getting phone calls from Matt’s wife and family friends saying that my husband and I overreacted and he was just angry that we were playing favorites.

AITA?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Gadzuko posted:

This one is especially stupid because it takes ages to charge the last 20% on a phone. You're not even supposed to fully charge lithium ion batteries every time, they're not like the old nicad ones where it would lose capacity if you only did a partial charge.

this is mostly but not entirely outdated, modern phones and charging circuits tend to manage all of this well.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for telling my son i’d rather have his ex wife as a daughter than him as my son after he got cut out of the will?

Honestly, leave him one (1) dollar in the will. Pure spite move.

"here's your inheritance. Go buy yourself something from Taco Bell (tax not included)"

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I think there's also a legal protection too by providing a trivial (say, $1) amount in an inheritance. I don't want to take legal advice from podcasts and YT videos, but I want to say I heard some discussion about it meaning that the person can't claim that they didn't get anything in the inheritance and thus are due something because they DID get something however insultingly small. I'm sure estate law is really complicated, and people argue all the time over inheritances and wills that aren't well defined and it isn't clear who's supposed to get how much of what per the deceased's wishes. But if you give someone $1 they can't argue that they were meant to get more because their share was explicitly defined.

e: Apparently not, I googled it. Simply having a will and not mentioning someone is enough, so the $1 thing is PURELY a dick move.

El Spamo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 21, 2022

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

coronatae posted:

Muriel's Wedding should be mandatory viewing for this thread IMO. It has tons of r/elationships material

quote:

AITA for marrying someone for a "greencard"?

I'm from South Africa originally but was invited to Australia to train with a really amazing swim coach. He says I have what it takes to go to the Olympics. This is amazing except I can't compete for Australia because I'm not a citizen. My coach says it's no problem, we can just get some Australian lady to marry me for citizenship. He placed an ad in the paper and this frankly goofy looking lass came around to agree to marry me. She seemed totally obsessed with just the wedding and strangely, ABBA. After the wedding she would sit and watch the wedding video for hours on end while I was at practice. She really annoyed me and so I told her "What kind of person marries someone they don't know?" She got very sad and withdrawn. AITA for pointing that out?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

El Spamo posted:

I think there's also a legal protection too by providing a trivial (say, $1) amount in an inheritance. I don't want to take legal advice from podcasts and YT videos, but I want to say I heard some discussion about it meaning that the person can't claim that they didn't get anything in the inheritance and thus are due something because they DID get something however insultingly small. I'm sure estate law is really complicated, and people argue all the time over inheritances and wills that aren't well defined and it isn't clear who's supposed to get how much of what per the deceased's wishes. But if you give someone $1 they can't argue that they were meant to get more because their share was explicitly defined.

e: Apparently not, I googled it. Simply having a will and not mentioning someone is enough, so the $1 thing is PURELY a dick move.

Its likely dependent on local laws as well. The point about explicitly giving someone a dollar is they can't say they were forgotten. People can still contest it, but its harder to pick up a lawyer that will take the case if its very well spelled out.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think there you can be legally entitled to a cut of an inheritance if the estate holder like owed you alimony or child support or something, but otherwise, you can only actually contest it by making a case that it was somehow manipulated, either by overt fraud or coercion or because the willee was mentally unsound at the time it was written. "To my rear end in a top hat son who disowned his own daughter, I leave nothing, and instead I leave X money and Y assets directly to my granddaughter" holds exactly as much sway as a spite dollar would. The son has zero groundsto contest given that he has made it very public that he was told he'd be cut from the will, even if the will itself merely avoids mentioning him altogether.

Of course, you can still sue without a proper case if you've got a lawyer willing to go for it, and the estate has to respond, costing you both legal fees. I think the trope of giving out a token sum is more of a "here is something, which is more than you'll have if you sue, which will just waste everyone's time and money including yours" move to discourage someone suing out of spite. A dollar is not going to appease someone who is able and willing to sue the estate.

E: also you can contest a will that predates you being born/married/etc. to the deceased, that is the other major grounds that also do not apply to this case

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 21, 2022

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

My favorite Australian comedy movie from the 90s is Strictly Ballroom, it's very cute.

Content: AITA I don’t want to share my money with my partner

quote:

throw away for privacy I 19 female have been dating boyfriend 21 for three years

He has always made $800 a week and i made $300 every two weeks last year i started Spicy Accounting/sex worker . i now make 3k every week, 12k a month i only spend 300 every week to keep up with food clothes and bills. I’am not living in luxury. i’m being smart with my money.

i have three separate savings accounts one for me - for a car, home, vet bills, and to renovate my room and emergency funds and i have a saving for boyfriend - emergency funds for him,car, and house as well

i never told him my financial situation as he always wanted to be richer then me to take care of me. i’m not flashy either i don’t look rich he recently asked how much i get a year. i said between 144,000k and 149.

he now wants an allowance and cash in hand. at-least 5k a month. i said no. you don’t budget and you spend money on things u don’t need. i explained the savings account i have for him but now he’s calling me selfish i know i make a-lot but this is so we can have a good home and have money for emergencies and help take care of a family one day. please no hate but be honest AITA for not giving him money?? i know i make a lot but i want a good life and for him to not spend my money if he needed money for an emergency that’s what the savings account is for

quote:

edit: Thank you all so much for all the support, Advice and the kindness of you all as for the boyfriend i’m gonna to set boundaries and tell him Get his poo poo together or go. i’m going to talk to someone at my bank about investing and getting a place. and getting a better savings account for only me, i won’t be giving him anything. i will keep saving. i also have a backup plan. Info , accounting is a sfw term for sex worker. I live with my nana she was my legal guardian from birth till 18. as well as my siblings and cousin. she told me when i turned 18 she doesn’t want rent just to save and help her out. she’s financially responsible and helped me learn to save and do well in school. Iam super sorry for bad spelling. i was diagnosed with Autism and Dyspraxia at age 9 and have struggled alot with it. i have a learning disability. again thank you so much for the support. if there are any more questions just dm me. i’m trying to keep up with so many comments!

If I can't take care of you then you have to take care of me! :qq:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skutter posted:

Content: AITA I don’t want to share my money with my partner

quote:

He has always made $800 a week and i made $300 every two weeks last year i started Spicy Accounting/sex worker .
I'm sure it's a site or something but I really want Spicy Accounting to just be scantily clad seductive actual accounting, like paying extra to have your taxes done by someone in lingerie.

alt: how could you give your own partner the ol' spicy accounting

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just need you to initial here, here and here *gestures at pen which is incandescent and sizzling*

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Pomme de Terror posted:

quote:

angry that we were playing favorites

"yes. and? :confused:"

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I just need you to initial here, here and here *gestures at pen which is incandescent and sizzling*
Wait a minute, Faust told me about this trick!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my son that if he doesn't break up with his girlfriends, I'll disinherit him?

quote:

Well, my son's name is Lewis and he's 20 years old. Lately he has fallen in love with two girls his own age (We will call one Rosetta and the other we will call Chelsea). According to him, they are a calm and happy relationship even if they are three.

Rosetta and Chelsea hang out with him everywhere, and Lewis always has to explain why he kisses two different women. I find this disgusting and weird, but I bite my tongue to be respectful.

But Lewis has told me that he and Rosetta would be moving in with Chelsea (Since her apartment is the only one that has enough space for them to live together without feeling like they lack space). This freaked me out, because Chelsea lives over thirty minutes away, and I don't want those two women taking my son away from me and my husband any further than they already have.

I yelled that I would disinherit him if he didn't end this strange and disgusting relationship. Was it wrong to give him that ultimatum? Lewis doesn't talk to me anymore, and Rosetta has been texting me calling me crazy and dramatic.

Edit: Chelsea phoned me, and said that Lewis has been feeling really down (This was five days ago) lately, and that I'm treating him like a child. I told her that it wasn't her problem how I treated my son, but she replied that she and Rosetta would give him a new phone number so I couldn't contact him.

P.D: My husband jokes that he will have twice as much of every possible relationship situation, and that he pities him for this. In addition, he also jokes that it must be fun living with two lesbians (They don't mind that my husband calls them that sometimes).

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

El Spamo posted:

Realistically being omitted is almost never going to be enough to successfully contest a will that was written after you were born, but explicitly spelling it out makes it faster and easier to slam dunk the case if they insist on being a dick and trying to drag it into court.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my fiancé's last name because it is too Middle Eastern?

As a son of middle eastern parents that legally changed his name from something middle eastern sounding to something more ethnically generic, at the suggestion of my dad, to avoid getting racially profiled at airports: seems fine.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A blast from the past:

AITA for telling my stepdaughter to stop using period products in the bathroom she shares with my teenage sons?

quote:

I have been living with my new wife and stepdaughter for about 6 months now. She’s 19, almost 20, and I have three sons aged 18, 16 and 15. She’s a really good kid and she’s a good influence on my sons, I really enjoy having her around. My wife and her daughter moved into my house and sold theirs. My stepdaughters father isn’t present in her life, nor is my sons’ mother. All four children share a bathroom.

My sons have never lived for a long period of time with a woman, nor have any of them had long term girlfriends. They had short visitation periods when they were younger but never longer than an hour, so living with two women has been unusual for them.

My eldest son, 18, came to me last week and told me that his stepsister disposes of her used sanitary products in the trash can they share, but doesn’t use toilet roll or sandwich bags to disguise what they are, and it makes him uncomfortable which I think is reasonable. My sons are teenage boys and don’t want to see their stepsisters period products on full display.

A few nights ago I went into the kitchen to grab a snack and she was there doing some work for university. My wife had mentioned that she knew she was on her period so I took it as an opportunity to have a word with her. I told her my sons were uncomfortable and asked her if she’d mind putting her used products in diaper bags or flushing them down the toilet.

She laughed and told me it was rich coming from a man who “sheds like a gorilla” and has produced “three skid marking sons” which I thought was just an unnecessary attack. I’ve been nothing but nice to the girl and it’s hardly a comparison. My sons shouldn’t be subjected to her unhygienic products if it makes them uncomfortable. She went on to lecture me about how tampons can’t be flushed and that it’s bad for the environment if she uses diaper bags for every one which I think is just an excuse. I called her a scruff and told her that this was my house and that what I say goes.

I later asked my wife if she could have a word with her and she told me I was being ridiculous and that her daughter has had her period for ten years and knows what she’s doing. When I told her it was making my sons uncomfortable she said my sons needed to get a grip and turned over and went to sleep.

This is a genuine issue to me and she didn’t care enough to have a discussion about it. I asked my stepdaughter again in the morning and she did the same as her mother, completely dismissed it. Both of them have told me to stop being so silly but I don’t see how I’m being unreasonable when it makes my sons uncomfortable. AITA?

UPDATE — Not even two hours after I posted this, my wife and stepdaughter gathered my sons and I and gave us a full intensive “periods for pricks” course, Powerpoint and all. It was a hoot, they made an interactive quiz and everything. My sons and I learned a lot and apologised to my stepdaughter. Thankyou for your input

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

As a son of middle eastern parents that legally changed his name from something middle eastern sounding to something more ethnically generic, at the suggestion of my dad, to avoid getting racially profiled at airports: seems fine.

yeah my wife took my name and now no longer gets "randomly" stopped. her brother does every time

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my son that if he doesn't break up with his girlfriends, I'll disinherit him?

Lmao at the husband’s comments.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

quote:

But Lewis has told me that he and Rosetta would be moving in with Chelsea (Since her apartment is the only one that has enough space for them to live together without feeling like they lack space). This freaked me out, because Chelsea lives over thirty minutes away, and I don't want those two women taking my son away from me and my husband any further than they already have.

Lol, let your son live in his weird polycule. He's 20, its not like it's ever going to last.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Soylent Pudding posted:

hahaha the husband owns.

poly poo poo can cause all kinds of drama, hence the thread policing of it, but just lmao that this seemingly healthy relationship has this as its problem

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Also lol at 30 minutes being 'so far away'

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
also, her jealousy would be an issue whether it be one or two girlfriends. she's upset he's moving away and other women are 'taking' him which is uuuuuhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Soylent Pudding posted:

A blast from the past:

AITA for telling my stepdaughter to stop using period products in the bathroom she shares with my teenage sons?

Good on him for owning up and apologizing.

Soylent Pudding posted:

A rare instance of the drama occurring outside the polycule.