Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I definitely would have been less overall annoyed if they had not made that journey one of a 9 year hiatus and only returning with another whatever short story compilation. At least when Twelve Kingdoms finally came back it was with a 4 book behemoth to close out a longrunning story.

tbf from what i can tell the hiatus was because he was incredibly depressed

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Love having another arc that is like three books long and ends with nothing of consequence happening and just reverting back to the status quo because the author had absolutely no idea what to actually do with the story.

oh hey you reading kanokari too

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kongming? Cool av? You might have seen them around

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
endless eight is really funny from a "wow, they actually did that" perspective

but i don't have the patience to actually watch more than 2-3 episodes of it myself

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Vizuyos posted:

endless eight is really funny from a "wow, they actually did that" perspective

but i don't have the patience to actually watch more than 2-3 episodes of it myself

:hai:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The trick is to watch season 2 four times. You just switch up which two of the eight you watch each time.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Let me guess — it only gets fuckin bleaker and the dog doesnt even come back!! gently caress thuis and gently caress the mangaka

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Let me guess — it only gets fuckin bleaker and the dog doesnt even come back!! gently caress thuis and gently caress the mangaka

That comic sent me into a mood dip for at least an hour.

It's well-made, and I'm not upset at anyone, but it does cut to the core.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mycophobia posted:

theyere not the same. they're fcompletely distinct

Close enough for me

marumaru
May 20, 2013

"completely distinct" is an exaggeration unless you're referring exclusively to the swimsuits sosdan wears

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

i agree, gently caress people for making art

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's 4 pm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I did not like Endless Eight. Felt it was a waste of my time after 3-4 episodes. However, it is 2022 and it would be wild if I still had the energy to get angry about something so minor. I'll admit I did not know each episode was directed by someone different. Who knows, if I cared to rewatch it that might paint the experience in a different light. Movie was good, though!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’m giving it my lowest MAL score yet. six out of ten.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

marumaru posted:

"completely distinct" is an exaggeration unless you're referring exclusively to the swimsuits sosdan wears

no its not. theyre all totally uniquely animated/voiced/scored episodes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’m giving it my lowest MAL score yet. six out of ten.

brutal..

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mycophobia posted:

no its not. theyre all totally uniquely animated/voiced/scored episodes

oh thats what you meant, mb. was thinking of the plot, i guess besides the plot everything is completely distinct

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Endless 8 is good, and the fact that there's 8 episodes of it just means it's 8 times as good.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I’m waiting for the video game version, Endless 64

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 21, 2022

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean but actually really, what

are you doing a bit

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

I don't understand people that enjoy tragedy stories, and furthermore I completely refuse to understand them and I don't consider them or their experiences valid. That poo poo makes my mental health sad and so I hate it and you should hate it too.

In short,

Ok.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the tragedy of mikuru getting beaned in the face by a beach ball

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Anyway I’m glad for all this haruhi talk because I haven’t watched any of it in over 5 years so it’s time for a rewatch, thanks thread :cheers:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

reminder that, yes, it is in fact possible to get chronic depression from anal. unlikely, but it can happen

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

I. M. Gei posted:

I don't understand people that enjoy tragedy stories, and furthermore I completely refuse to understand them and I don't consider them or their experiences valid. That poo poo makes my mental health sad and so I hate it and you should hate it too.

In short,

shut up dawg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

homeless snail posted:

reminder that, yes, it is in fact possible to get chronic depression from anal. unlikely, but it can happen

:hai: emote but very sad

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i dont even care if its a bit cuz if it is a bit then it super sucks and if it isnt then it also super sucks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

In short,

well you see OP it's called pathos and dfurthermore wtf are you talking about

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I do have clinical depression and anxiety though so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't we all

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think that gives you license to tell other people their experiences and the ways they deal with them are invalid! that's kinda a weird way of going about it when they're not forcing anything on you!

like poo poo man it's healthier to just not care in this case

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I. M. Gei posted:

In short,
Not everything in the world is created for your benefit. If you don't like a genre, you can avoid it and reduce its impact on your life to nearly nil. Any remaining harm it causes you is far outweighed by the enjoyment it brings other people.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I do have clinical depression and anxiety though so

log off

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

In short,
is this a bit or not. like are you agreeing with me in a weird sarcastic way or disagreeing with me. i cannot tell.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I think it’s a bit. Still a very unpleasant post by someone too irony poisoned to make themselves welcome in any community though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!