Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

reignofevil posted:

Dewey keeps basically almost dying but not quite.

It's been 20 some odd years so I figured I musta forgot him coming back in the last act to save the day or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I just realized - how is Dewey alive in 5cream? Didn't he die in one of the ones I watched when it came out and never again? Did the machines put him back together?

Nope he never died and they bring it up that he’s been stabbed loads.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

One of the big takeaways from the many saints of newark for me was that even the person who made one of the most influential important TV shows ever desperately wanted to wash off the TV stink. Even though the modern landscape has clearly made the distinction almost completely meaningless, you can't really underestimate how much it must make boomers' skin crawl to be having success in, ugh, TV

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gripweed posted:

GET HIM INTO GUNDAM

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In the hopes of not talking about s*** w***, I'm a little frustrated that folding ideas dropped a 2.25 hour video about NFTs. He's a quite good content maker but man he picks uninteresting topics sometimes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

One of the big takeaways from the many saints of newark for me was that even the person who made one of the most influential important TV shows ever desperately wanted to wash off the TV stink. Even though the modern landscape has clearly made the distinction almost completely meaningless, you can't really underestimate how much it must make boomers' skin crawl to be having success in, ugh, TV

That film was so bad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

In the hopes of not talking about s*** w***, I'm a little frustrated that folding ideas dropped a 2.25 hour video about NFTs. He's a quite good content maker but man he picks uninteresting topics sometimes

It's probably a great video for people in the middle of the spectrum, but yeah, I'm already aware of how the pyramid scheme works so I wouldn't waste my time, and the morons who fall for the obvious grift will never watch it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I started a dumb slasher movie called The Mutilator (Fall Break in the title card) and it begins with a kid cleaning his dad's gun and accidentally blowing a hole out his mom's back with full squib in like the first 2 minutes :getin:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is it time for a Cosby Show reboot yet or what?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mordja posted:

A horror mini where the premise is the monster is one of the actors and you'll never guess who

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

haven't seen it but I'm willing to bet it's a really great video to show people who are on the fence about nfts and are susceptible to falling for obvious grifts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1484606701890322433

:negative:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kalel posted:

haven't seen it but I'm willing to bet it's a really great video to show people who are on the fence about nfts and are susceptible to falling for obvious grifts

yeah, it's thorough but if you've browsed the bitcoin thread there isn't anything you don't already know

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

Tom Cruise is NOT AN ADMIRABLE CHARACTER in Top Gun!!! Am I the only person on the planet who realizes this?!

Also The Last Jedi came out in 2017
Lmao

Five years later and Star Wars is still dead

I'm sorry you're going through whatever you're going through, and I hope you find the help you need

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mordja posted:

An Amazon prime original that dares to ask "what if mass rapist Billiam Cosby isn't actually the villain".

Looking forward to the scene where a pack of rabid young starlets push Momma Cosby off a cliff.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I somewhat feel folding ideas guy should stick to movies and maybe games. His bakshi lotr video was awesome. But I guess I acknowledge that there is vanishingly little left to say about movies and games

Vakal
May 11, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I started a dumb slasher movie called The Mutilator (Fall Break in the title card) and it begins with a kid cleaning his dad's gun and accidentally blowing a hole out his mom's back with full squib in like the first 2 minutes :getin:

There's a movie I caught on tv several years ago about a regular guy with anger issues that fights crime at night in a homemade costume like a wanna be Batman.

He's terrible at it though and near the start he sees a young woman wearing a bracelet that his sister or wife had previously pawned off without him knowing, so he assumes the lady stole it and ends up stalking her for the rest of the movie and it basically becomes a slasher movie.

It's not that great, but for the life of me I can't remember the title of it since it was so generic. I think it was just a single word like Eradicator or Exterminator or something like that and I've never had any luck finding the right title.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

GET HIM INTO GUNDAM

okay jeez. please don't yell

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
'This guy is kind of a main character. He's sort of the hero of this whole thing. His name, fyi, is Hiro.'

'I just can't figure this stuff out.'

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I somewhat feel folding ideas guy should stick to movies and maybe games. His bakshi lotr video was awesome. But I guess I acknowledge that there is vanishingly little left to say about movies and games

The QAnon video is his best one.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ok if anyone has 5 minutes check out one of the worst acting performances and death screams in history. Skip to 35:00 for a relatively decent scene followed by this idiot.

NSFW due to bewbs

https://youtu.be/QcnO7xfDwDs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

reignofevil posted:

'This guy is kind of a main character. He's sort of the hero of this whole thing. His name, fyi, is Hiro.'

His last name is literally protagonist

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the chad neal stephenson

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

The QAnon video is his best one.

yeah i was gonna say the flat-earth/qanon video is also really good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

reignofevil posted:

Heero. Also managed to break more bones than are in the human body.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm sorry you're going through whatever you're going through, and I hope you find the help you need

Thank you
(As they drag me away in a straight jacket)

I thought this was a nickname for Mike for a second there

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

yeah i was gonna say the flat-earth/qanon video is also really good

The turn at the midpoint is so well done.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ok if anyone has 5 minutes check out one of the worst acting performances and death screams in history. Skip to 35:00 for a relatively decent scene followed by this idiot.

NSFW due to bewbs

lol

(death at ~39m because I wasted 4 minutes of my life waiting for this idiot to die)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Don't get me wrong, the flat earth/qanon one is a very well made video but also about a done to death topic. I guess he has always maintained a mix of mainstream aiming stuff and more weird stuff, I just wish the balance was a little more in favor of something surprising to anyone who's been on the internet

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 21, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we’re watching A Better Tomorrow here in the apartment. Chow Yun Fat blasting dudes oh baby!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Galewolf posted:

Rian Johnson was the hero we needed, after all :patriot:

"He put Star Wars in a grave"

- Mike Stoklasa

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we’re watching A Better Tomorrow here in the apartment. Chow Yun Fat blasting dudes oh baby!!!

Watch A Better Tomorrow II next. It's incredible how they just escalate the absurd over the top everything

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

infernal machines posted:

Watch A Better Tomorrow II next. It's incredible how they just escalate the absurd over the top everything

hello, I am the never previously mentioned brother of the guy who died in the last movie and identical to him in every way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

infernal machines posted:

I will!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Vakal posted:

There's a movie I caught on tv several years ago about a regular guy with anger issues that fights crime at night in a homemade costume like a wanna be Batman.

He's terrible at it though and near the start he sees a young woman wearing a bracelet that his sister or wife had previously pawned off without him knowing, so he assumes the lady stole it and ends up stalking her for the rest of the movie and it basically becomes a slasher movie.

It's not that great, but for the life of me I can't remember the title of it since it was so generic. I think it was just a single word like Eradicator or Exterminator or something like that and I've never had any luck finding the right title.

Was it "Super"?

It's come up on RLM once or twice.

Stink Billyums posted:

hello, I am the never previously mentioned brother of the guy who died in the last movie and identical to him in every way

So good.

See if your version has the blood drawn on to the frames with marker in a few scenes where squibs failed to go off

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.

Aardvark! posted:

tell him to go read all of the Culture books by Iain M Banks now

Once you go Zakalwe, you never go back(alwe).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

kalel posted:

okay jeez. please don't yell

Hook him with Gundam 0080 or Gundam Thunderbolt, then straight into Mobile Suit Gundam

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Don't get me wrong, the flat earth/qanon one is a very well made video but also about a done to death topic. I guess he has always maintained a mix of mainstream aiming stuff and more weird stuff, I just wish the balance was a little more in favor of something surprising to anyone who's been on the internet

the chicken nuggets one is good too

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

NSFW due to bewbs

The Mutilator stinks. I mostly remember where they are playing blindman's bluff for an eternity.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Hook him with Gundam 0080 or Gundam Thunderbolt, then straight into Mobile Suit Gundam

*Palpatine voice*

make him watch G Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

It has this awesome piece of music

https://youtu.be/jR5q3b-xhCo