Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

infernal machines posted:

Was it "Super"?

It's come up on RLM once or twice.

Nah, Super is a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Monkey Fracas posted:

even as a kid I understood that the Prequels were basically The End of Star Wars

ha ha alright well that was fun but it's time to pack it in folks

how did anyone make it through the prequels with some sorta rabid fandom intact

Yeah Attack of the Clones cured me of any notion that star wars would have good new movies. When I was, 10.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I loving love Super (2010).

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Vakal posted:

Nah, Super is a good movie.

I always confuse Super with Special. I really liked Special and it has a similar premise, except more depressing.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
Super is great. Another film in the "regular guy thinks he's a super-hero" that i'm fond of is Defendor. It was apparently a flop, which i suppose isn't a shock, since it's a an independent Canadian movie that presumably never got a wide release. It's got Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings and a weaponised jar full of bees!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Looks guys, it's Q and Guinan

https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1484586688986951687

You like Q and Guinan, right? Please watch our garbage

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm my opinion, whoopi goldberg should be making more whoopie, and less guinan!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's probably a great video for people in the middle of the spectrum, but yeah, I'm already aware of how the pyramid scheme works so I wouldn't waste my time, and the morons who fall for the obvious grift will never watch it.

It's remarkably comprehensive and not very repetitive despite it's length. I haven't seen an all inclusive look at this topic as good as this one elsewhere. I enjoyed it despite already being fairly versed in the topics and I sent it to a few people that basically match the criteria you describe.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i'm my opinion, whoopi goldberg should be making more whoopie, and less guinan!

Good news, they clearly only had her for a day of shooting

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I finally got my new computer and my plans have been cancelled so its time for some Breen to cheer me up.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You lucky dog. That’s basically like my idea of a perfect night.

What are the definitive bad movies?
Death Wish 3
Miami Connection
The Room
Chopping Mall
The Breen Saga

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This NFT video is boring as gently caress

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

poisonpill posted:

You lucky dog. That’s basically like my idea of a perfect night.

What are the definitive bad movies?
Death Wish 3
Miami Connection
The Room
Chopping Mall
The Breen Saga

Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

who wanted more of this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

In a total coincidence, we stuck on To Live and Die in LA next, which also heavily features money laundering. It looks soooo good. Robby Müller a true GOAT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Monkey Fracas posted:

who wanted more of this

michael chabon

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

This NFT video is boring as gently caress

I know, isn't it great?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Monkey Fracas posted:

who wanted more of this

I just looked it up on rotten tomatoes expecting that dumb fans would give it like a 90% audience score and the critics would hate it, boy was I wrong

the critics being paid off is even more obvious in discovery, lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
the media landscape is already full of so much trash that one could never hope to watch it all and yet they keep making more

one could say it is endless

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

I know, isn't it great?

I laughed at this part

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tip posted:

I just looked it up on rotten tomatoes expecting that dumb fans would give it like a 90% audience score and the critics would hate it, boy was I wrong

87% of critics?!?!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

87% of critics?!?!

Those audience scores make me feel sane

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tip posted:

lmao

nooooo uhhhh actually the critics love our dumbass action schlock shows that piss all over the general character of the previous shows in the series

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

reignofevil posted:

They spent 4 billion though just on the rights. I'm not saying they won't but the cost of production isn't even covered unless merch did REALLY well.

It's more complicated than just that. It was 4 billion in cash and stock, so they didn't really lose the straight 4 billion. And then keep in mind that since they own it now, they could turn around and likely resell it for way more than that if they wanted to (unless there was a stipulation with Lucas that says they can't sell it). Make no mistake about it, disney has definitely made a profit on buying lucasfilm. They probably made a profit the day they bought it. I have to think if Lucas had shopped it around or taken the company public he would have ended up with way more money than what he got. He ultimately sold it to disney because Iger buttered him up and trusted them to do a good job with his life's work.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tip posted:

Modern critics are just brand simps on twitter.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Alex kurtzmann can't possibly be worth it for cbs. Some exec must be in Epstein's book and kurtzmann's father in law is the only one who knows

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Dr. Thoss posted:

Super is great. Another film in the "regular guy thinks he's a super-hero" that i'm fond of is Defendor. It was apparently a flop, which i suppose isn't a shock, since it's a an independent Canadian movie that presumably never got a wide release. It's got Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings and a weaponised jar full of bees!

I liked this movie way more than Super. Woody is so good in it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mordja posted:

Modern critics are just brand simps on twitter.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

kalel posted:

Alex kurtzmann can't possibly be worth it for cbs. Some exec must be in Epstein's book and kurtzmann's father in law is the only one who knows

Sometimes head guys like him are kept on less for how good their shows are and more for their ability to manage multiple productions at once, on time, and on budget. Remember that discovery managed to put out a season every year even with the pandemic hurdles. Picard probably slowed down too but we're only two years from that show's first season. Then there are the animated series getting released at a regular clip.

Now compare that to the Orville which is now over three years on from its last season premiere and is still over a month away from relaunching on hulu.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Those audience scores make me feel sane

I know, right.

Its like a realization that "not getting it" isn't my fault.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Speaking of Gundam I watched gundam Hathaway and it was mind numbingly boring

Prequels tier walking and talking garbage

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Y'all think HitB might be about dead? They really don't seem into it anymore. I think I'd rather see them pivot to more Re:View. Also launch a series about Star Trek!

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

I guess since no one else has volunteered, I'll show some movies tonight.

Let's do a Battle of the Genres thing.

HORROR

A Henenlotter classic.

SCI-FI

Another venture into Albert's cinematic Pyuniverse. People seemed to really enjoy Sue Saad's contribution to Radioactive Dreams, and she's got 3 songs in this one!

ACTION

It's Len!

I'll start at 8:00 pm EST, as we usually do. That's just about an hour from now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Moola posted:

Speaking of Gundam I watched gundam Hathaway and it was mind numbingly boring

Prequels tier walking and talking garbage

Yeah I would only recommend Hathway to someone who's deep in the gundam paint already. Seriously, if you want to dip your toes into the "main" storyline just watch the 3 compilation movies on Netflix. They look old because they are, but it's where everything started.

If you wanna watch batshit robot stuff, there's G Gundam somewhere and Gundam Wing on Hulu for purestrain brain melting robo babble.

Hathaway wasn't a thrill ride for me either, and I was looking forward to it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I rewatched The Dark Knight Rises last night and now I'm just imagining Anne Hathaway piloting a Gundam

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

I rewatched The Dark Knight Rises last night and now I'm just imagining Anne Hathaway piloting a Gundam

Watch Colossal. It's got Anne Hathaway piloting a kaiju. Next best thing.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rageaholic posted:

Same

You named your hog “Gundam” too, huh?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PostNouveau posted:

Why is Q aging?

Lister posted:

Remember that discovery managed to put out a season every year even with the pandemic hurdles. Picard probably slowed down too but we're only two years from that show's first season.

Even more impressive was the absolute clusterfuck of Discovery's first two seasons of production, where they went through five(?) showrunners, and the person who came up with the original concept left before they had even started filming and no one else wanted to make that show, leading to two incomprehensible seasons followed by a soft reboot for the third.

Picard is notable for having more executive producers than characters.

I can accept the fact that they stopped making Star Trek for me 20 years ago. I guess they make Star Trek for the critics now.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 22, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

Why is Q aging?

Presumably to mock Picard for aging.

Although Picard is a robot now so ... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I dont remember all the Q episodes. But i do remember enjoying them.

Insert Mariachi Q here.