Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Imagine being such a buzzkill narc that when you hear your dad is building a trebuchet on 10 acres (!) of land your only thoughts are how to ruin it for him rather than offer to help or provide him a list of things it would be fun to hurl.

(A trebuchet has an effective range of about 900 feet. The dad's got about 450,000 feet of land. Let your dad have fun.

I’m not sure where you’re getting those numbers. A square encompassing an acre is about 210 feet per side, so even a 4x4 acre square is just 840 feet x 840 feet. Depending on the shape of dad’s parcel he could be making a real bad decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DACK FAYDEN posted:

alt: how could you give your own partner the ol' spicy accounting
I don't like spicy accounting. Why are you spicy accounting now, whenever we met before you did regular accounting. I know you offered to spicy file my taxes and maintain a spicy budget, but I prefer a non-spicy and meaty budget.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm sure it's a site or something but I really want Spicy Accounting to just be scantily clad seductive actual accounting, like paying extra to have your taxes done by someone in lingerie.

alt: how could you give your own partner the ol' spicy accounting

I think that it's a running thing among sex workers that when they meet new people they tell the new people that they work in accounting. The reason being that no one will disbelieve them or ask any follow up questions

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I think that it's a running thing among sex workers that when they meet new people they tell the new people that they work in accounting. The reason being that no one will disbelieve them or ask any follow up questions

Every accountant I've met has been in the BDSM scene or the poly community or frequently both.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

I’m not sure where you’re getting those numbers. A square encompassing an acre is about 210 feet per side, so even a 4x4 acre square is just 840 feet x 840 feet. Depending on the shape of dad’s parcel he could be making a real bad decision.

Lol they did the area calc. Therefore obviously the lot is one foot wide and 435,000 feet long

At least six trebuchets long!

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 21, 2022

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
My understanding is that a person behind able to successfully sue for being left out of a will is a narrow case. Like if your will was authored in 1997 and it says "and I divide to my children equally, Jane gets 50% and LeShawn gets 50%" but you had Pnurtis in 2002, well Pnurtis could reasonably claim that you really did mean to divide equally among your kids and you accidentally left them out.

Some random family member trying to horn in though has basically zero chance.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my son that if he doesn't break up with his girlfriends, I'll disinherit him?

Thirty entire minutes away? Might as well be on the moon.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Uncle Enzo posted:

My understanding is that a person behind able to successfully sue for being left out of a will is a narrow case. Like if your will was authored in 1997 and it says "and I divide to my children equally, Jane gets 50% and LeShawn gets 50%" but you had Pnurtis in 2002, well Pnurtis could reasonably claim that you really did mean to divide equally among your kids and you accidentally left them out.

Some random family member trying to horn in though has basically zero chance.

This is all country specific, of course, for example some countries (France most notably) won't let you disinherit a child.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Another open relationship success story!
How to focus on pleasing my wife instead of thinking about how her other man makes her happy?

quote:

We (30M, 27F) opened up our marriage. Weird and stupid I know. Please don’t make me feel any guiltier. My reasoning was that my wife was never in the mood even when I would help with the kids and housework thinking that after having some time to herself she’d finally want to have sex with me. We’d go for weeks. The time I brought up the idea of opening up the marriage we had gone for almost 2 months.

She didn’t reject the idea and gave me the ok. She even allowed me to use the basement instead of wasting money in hotels. It was weird but fun. I never really thought about how my wife felt (selfish I know) until she started seeing someone a couple months ago. She didn’t even tell me at first. I just started noticing her smiling at her phone, putting make up on, having more energy. Then she would be gone for hours or a whole night. I thought I would be ok with it but knowing she is with someone else made me realize I wasn’t. What hurts too is I’ve never had a real relationship with anyone other than her. These women I sleep with, it’s just for sex. But I can tell there’s more between them. He’s constantly texting and calling her, being romantic. When he comes over I can hear them laugh. She sounds so happy… So finally I said to her that we need to try to reconnect, do things as a couple without whoever we’re seeing, date, have sex more often. Well we had sex last night and all I could think of was how happy he makes her and kept second guessing myself on if I was pleasing her enough, if I needed to do better, etc. We ended up having to stop because my mind was elsewhere and I couldn’t do it. Any advice on how to get this guy out of my head and hopefully win my wife back?

My [27F] husband [30M] posting on here to cry about the open marriage HE asked for

quote:

I’m pretty sure my husband has been posting here about our marriage and since he wants strangers all up in our business, let’s do it.

He talked about how he asked for an open marriage because I never wanted to have sex with him but didn’t mention that this was not even a year after we lost our baby and my body had gone through the worst experience of my life. I had to deliver our lifeless baby and then almost died. I felt like a failure for losing our baby and here he was telling me I was failing as a wife too. I told him he could do whatever he wanted.

He talked about how I agreed to let them use the basement but didn’t say how the first weekend after I agreed to this open marriage, he left me with the kids for 3 nights and came back with a $700 charge on our bank account and said if I don’t want him to spend so much I should let him bring girls to the basement and I ended up saying okay. I would be upstairs crying myself to sleep feeling like a failure hoping this would only last a couple months while he was downstairs with I don’t know who.

He mentioned that I met another guy but didn’t talk about how I went through this whole period where I’d try to have sex with him more than the couple times a month and he’d say not now I have someone coming or no I’m tired I just had sex with xyz. I had already met someone but I wanted to put our relationship first and didn’t want to start seeing someone else. I kept trying but it seemed like to him I was just a babysitter, maid, coparent and roommate. I knew he loved me but he wasn’t showing it anymore. I decided to let the other guy in bc I wanted to hurt my husband and remind him that I exist but honestly being treated like I’m the most amazing person on earth feels so good. He puts me first and treats me so well.

Now that my husband is realizing that, he’s throwing temper tantrums and trying to make me feel bad. He knew I was going to be gone this weekend. I TOLD HIM that WEEKS ago. But apparently since he told me that he’s closing the marriage on his side and wanting to reconnect with me, he expected me to do the same? Now he’s saying I abandoned him and the kids when I didn’t.

I have always loved my husband and I want us back to where we were 3 years ago but I know it will take time. I’m finally feeling like a human being again and I’m not going to ghost the guy who helped me get to this point just because my husband is paying attention to me again. I need him to show me more first. I want to know that I matter to him and not just bc I get the kids ready school or cook but bc I am a human being and he wants me in his life.

Since we’re asking strangers for opinion, I’m curious. What would you do in my situation? If the person you love treated you the way he treated me?

How to figure out if our relationship can recover from this?

quote:

Ok Reddit. I need more advice. I (30M) posted earlier this week about how I messed up by asking my wife (27F) to open our marriage over a year ago so I could have sex with other women due to her low sex drive and would bring the women home since my wife said she was ok with it. And she just recently started dating someone a few months ago and it’s hard for me because I feel like I’m losing her to him.

My wife told me she would be gone Thursday night because she had something planned with the guy. I figured that meant she’d be home Friday morning. It is now 11pm Friday night and I just found out she’s not coming home until Monday. I’ve had to improvise all day with the kids because she was not here and wasn’t answering her phone and I didn’t know where she was. She finally called tonight to say goodnight to the kids and all she’d say is "mommy is at work" which she isn’t. She was very short with me and said it’s none of my business where she’s at and that it’s her turn to enjoy life.

I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know what to think. It is so not her style to just abandon the kids like this. I almost feel like this is her showing me that she’s choosing him over us. I’ve been thinking all week about ways to "date her again" and told her I want "us" back and this is what she does the very next day. Is this a sign to give up? How do I know if I should keep fighting for this relationship?

Update to: My [27F] husband [30F] posting on here to cry about the open marriage HE asked for

quote:

Hello friends! Just wanted to post a quick update since some of y’all have been so invested in this.

My post from last week

First of all, my husband swears he didn’t post anything on Reddit and denies writing those posts, so apparently there’s another guy out there just as lovely as him, bringing women home while their wife is upstairs. (I’m joking, I’m pretty sure it was him)

2, I’m divorcing him. I was going to try to work things out but I thought about it some more and honestly, what’s the point? I want to be with someone who’s there for me when I’m depressed and going through something as big as losing a baby. Not someone who would rather be sleeping with other people in our basement than be with me. I’ve wasted enough time on him.

3, I’m still seeing the other man and things are going well. I still know there’s a chance things might not work out once I become a divorced mom but that’s a bridge we’ll cross later.

My main concern now is the kids. How do you keep kids happy after the parents divorce? Not sure what our custody arrangements will be but any advice on being a divorced mom is appreciated. Thanks friends! ❤️

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA For refusing to cook for my husband after what he said?

quote:

I (f30) live with my husband (m35) and three children (m8/ f5 / and m2). I work as a freelance artist from home and my husband works long hours driving. As a result, I do the majority of housework and look after our three children. Though when he's off work and home, he takes on his fair share. Our lives mean that we don't have much free time.

I enjoy cooking and as a mum, I make sure to give my children a wide variety in foods to eat. I want them to appreciate different cultures, flavours and different types of cuisine from all around the world, and to grow up kind and respectful of others, so a few days a week, (3 out of 7 )my children and I cook together and make a recipe from another country. We all enjoy this and it gives a perfect segue into learning about a foreign country.

My husband on the other hand has a more plain palette, and prefers simpler english dishes that he grew up with, such as pies, fish and chips, roast dinners ect. We eat plenty of meals like this too.

A week ago, we hired a babysitter and went to a friend's house for dinner. (All Covid tested and negative) They cooked a beautiful vegetarian pie, with mashed potatoes and vegetables.My husband turned to them and said "Oh god, finally! A decent meal for once! Picklepiebanana is always cooking these awful smelly dishes." Hurt, I looked at my husband and asked him what he meant, and he said that " he only puts up with it, because he doesn't have time to cook something decent for himself".

The meal was a little awkward after that, but neither of us brought it up again while there, until we came home. I told him that I "wouldn't stop cooking foreign food with the kids and if he didn't like it, he would have to cook something for himself." He once again said that " he didn't have time for that, and I should just cook him something he likes at the same time, " which I refuse to do, mainly because when he comes home after work he spends all his time, up until bedtime, gaming (this is around 4 / 4 1/2 hours of time after he comes in.) and has plenty of time to cook a quick, but decent meal for himself and enjoy his hobby.

Once again this week, I cooked with my kids and like I told my husband, I didn't leave him any. He was pissed, but ordered take out. The second time he went around to his parents house and his mum cooked for him. The next day, I got a phone call from my MIL saying I was " an rear end in a top hat for not cooking for my husband, and that I spent all day doing my hobby (my actual job) and why shouldn't he enjoy his hobby? " Which again, he still can and does do. I also still cook for him on the days I'm not cooking anything foreign.

AITA for refusing to cook for him on these days?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA For refusing to cook for my husband after what he said?

cut the 200 pound babby out of your life jesus christ

BF and I had our first full swap and it went HORRIBLY wrong, no clue if this is salvageable.

quote:

My bf and I of 3 years were always interested in swinging. We have had threesomes before with women and had an amazing time. Aside from the sexual aspect, it really strengthened our bond. We finally met another couple that we vibed with. We made it clear we weren't interested in a full swap unless the chemistry was right.

We all had several drinks to loosen up. Everything seemed to be going well. Before all of this we obviously talked about boundaries, which were things like same room, needing to be near each other, safeword, etc. I initially said I did not want to have sex with the male (oral or PIV).

When we were home, things started to get hot and heavy. My bf asked me to go down on the other guy, so I did. And his gf went down on my bf. We did this for a bit until he eventually asked for PIV, to which he was agreed upon. So he started having sex with her. While they were, the male asked if he could have sex with me. My bf responded yes, and I ended up saying yes, because I thought this would really excite my bf and be something he wanted. Everything was going well. Until I started to get really dry and uncomfortable, so we changed positions and I went on top. I was being really loud and dramatic this whole time not because it felt good (cause it didn't) but because I thought it made the environment more sexy and exciting. I am also generally very loud.
I was on top for maybe 10 seconds when I noticed my bf stop. I immediately stopped and got off. Bf was looking at me like I was disgusting. I walked over to him asking what's wrong and he pushed me away from him. I had no clue what I did, and I instantly ran into the bathroom to compose myself. The other couple promptly left.

My bf came into the bathroom very distraught that I rode him. I never imagined other positions being off limits since he never expressed this. In our 3somes, no positions were off limits. He didn't use our safe stop word either. He supposedly gave me a "look" to stop, that I totally did not catch. He then told me riding is something you do with your man only and is way too intimate. I apologized because I had no idea this was a boundary for him, and tried to explain why I even switched positions in the first place. He just looked more disgusted with me and was like "if you were dry and uncomfortable, why didn't you just stop?". I didn't fully have an answer for this, I felt it would be too awkward to just stop. And it was bearable. Regardless, it made me feel horrible. He was so upset with me, saying I hurt him, he can't get the image out of his head, and then started saying things like "I guess I just need to f*ck other women how I do with you so you know how it feels". Things like that. I didn't sleep a wink that night because I felt horrible, dirty, and like I didn't even keep my own boundaries.

To make matters worse, the guy texted my bf saying "no hard feelings, after my wife and I had our first swap we had an argument too because I got jealous of how much the other guy made her moan". Which was a humiliating message to receive. I know if the roles were reversed, that would really hurt me too. I tried to explain my reasoning for being loud to my bf, but to him it just all sounds like excuses.
I love this man from the bottom of my heart and I feel so horrible, guilty, and dirty. I feel like his image of me is crushed too. Earlier this morning he said he was okay, and that he wasn't jealous, and to just not do it again. But after the text was received, it made things 100x worse. I feel so so horrible and sick. I did all of this to try and please him, and be exciting for him. But I don't dare to say that, because then it feels like I am just shifting the blame.

Really hurting right now :(

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

cut the 200 pound babby out of your life jesus christ

BF and I had our first full swap and it went HORRIBLY wrong, no clue if this is salvageable.

UPDATE: My BF and I had our first full swap and it went HORRIBLE. Do not know if this is salvageable.

quote:

Thank you all for the support on the first post. This is still a sensitive topic, and I appreciate everyone's response. We have deff decided to step away from the lifestyle as it as uncovered a lot of flaws in our communication amd trust.

Our relationship did have some previous trust issues (on each end; nothing is ever perfect) that should have been stronger before approaching this. We both agreed as well that there was too much alcohol involved. We also came to a mutual agreement that the root of the issue was not me getting on top & being loud, but that it brought up insecurities from my partner.

He felt inadequate, he felt insecure that I was enjoying it all more than I enjoy him. I tried to explain that I was not and was trying to "put on a show". Regardless, it bruised his ego and he understands that this all happened in the first place because this is something he orchestrated. It also dug into our trust issues a little more. He admitted that he thought maybe it was all in his head, but when that guy texted him the next day. It confirmed to him that it wasn't; that is what really hurt him because it was almost like the guy was rubbing it in.

He then confessed that the whole ordeal made him feel less special to me; that the chemistry we had together was not exclusive. I tried to tell him that it is, because I love and care about him. No one makes me feel the way he does. He said that he is okay just will take some time to heal and get it out of his head/feel confident moving forward.
The only sucky part is that I don't feel 100% acknowledged. He did apologize for his actions following, but his mindset is he got hurt more, so my feelings aren't as relevant. Which I do not agree with, but understand it's still fresh. We were making decent progress and then once again it snapped down. The guy texted him asking if we can all hang out this weekend because "he felt a real connection" which just further shot his confidence... Because now here I am saying it was an act, I didn't enjoy it, etc (which is all true) and this other guy is fueling the fire... it's a horrible situation.

I feel really low, shameful, and disrespectful, even though I know I shouldn't. I'm trying to work through these emotions, just as my bf is trying to work through his... not sure how this will end up though..

I want to thank everyone who validated my feelings and talked sense into me. I tried to put everyone's advice to use, and do feel we made progress understanding what really caused all this.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol comments always for the win

he's 45
she's 25

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?lang=en

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

You rang?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hughlander posted:

How to focus on pleasing my wife instead of thinking about how her other man makes her happy?

My [27F] husband [30M] posting on here to cry about the open marriage HE asked for

Update to: My [27F] husband [30F] posting on here to cry about the open marriage HE asked for

I love a happy ending.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

quote:

Hughlander posted:

Add another to the Reap/Sow tally

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

What you just described would be 16 acres

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

greazeball posted:

I think we're focusing on different things. She does say he needs to start bring more thoughtful with his gifts and he really wants to make it about the fact that she doesn't like his gifts because they're cheap, but she mentions he didn't even get her a card for several years and he says he forgets her birthday completely a lot. So I read it as he usually never gets her anything at all and he's mad because she hasn't told him what she wants and he can't be bothered to actually ask but he he's broke and that's his only excuse.

I'd be more sympathetic to the charge of weaponized gift giving if her accusations were more like "every year all I get is a card and a phone call, he never buys me anything really nice though" instead of "one year I got an sms and flowers a month later, in the past I've gotten stuff he probably found next to the register at the supermarket, I wish he would show me he knows anything about me or thinks about me literally ever or at all".

That's not his only excuse, he also pulls the ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC "but she's a GIRL and girls are DIFFERENT and if only I had a GIRLFRIEND to hold my hand and walk me through it!"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

lmao i loving knew it

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for naming my black kitten after a white French singer?

quote:

I swear I'm not trolling, I'm actually fighting with my friend over this and have no idea what's going on.

So I (f27) got a rescue kitten from a farm, an adorable black kitten (I put a pic recently on r/eyebleach if you want to see how adorable he is). I gave him the name of a white french singer (Brassens) because the kitten needed a name at the vet, but I wasn't sure I was going to keep him at that time. I talked briefly with my friend, J (f25) to see if she wanted to adopt him as I wasn't planning on rescuing a kitten and I'm starting a new job, so timing wasn't great. In the end, she decided to not adopt the kitten. But had she adopted him, she wanted to call him Kanye. I said as a joke "isn't it a bit on the nose to call a black kitten after a black celebrity?" To which she replied "well in my opinion it's a hate crime to name a black cat after a yt, probably problematic, old french dude"... I thought she was joking and was just offended I laughed at the name "Kanye" but she wasn't, and yesterday she wrote to me "I asked my date, who isn't white and he also thinks it's a hate crime to give him the name of a white old french dude". I told her I couldn't care less about her date's opinion even if he wasn't white, and then she was "surely you're joking, a POC is telling you it's a hate crime, I can't believe you right now" and she's legit pissed about it. J is algerian, I'm white, but ffs I didn't name the kitten Jim Crow, I just like Georges Brassens songs. But since two people, one of whom is my friend who usually have a good opinion on things, think I'm a hate crime committing AH, I ask Reddit for the verdict.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

also, her jealousy would be an issue whether it be one or two girlfriends. she's upset he's moving away and other women are 'taking' him which is uuuuuhhh

Ding ding ding! My MIL is the exact same way. I stole her baby away (despite him actively looking to move out before I came along) and took him halfway across the country. Every time she calls she cries about how far it is and she'll never see him again and it's all my fault. If only he'd divorce me, he'd come running home like a good boy. It's so funny though because we do live about 12 hours from them, but we've driven down to visit them for holidays a few times. They have never once tried to come up here despite all the whining about never seeing him, and when I confronted them about it saying there's an international airport literally 20 minutes from us so if they don't want to drive they don't even have to, they just changed the subject.

It's absolutely not about the distance or the convenience or anything. Mommy doesn't want some hussy stealing her good little boy away.

Also my poor BIL was in the same boat about 15 something years ago and caved to her. He was in Spain on a job and met what he says was the love of his life but mommy said it was too far (and I'm sure there was a healthy dose of racism in there too, knowing her) and BIL dumped the girl and came running home. He lives a block from his parents and has never had another relationship. He just sits around mommy's house being depressed and I don't think that's ever going to change. Poor guy is only in his early 40s too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

ESH.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hughlander posted:

:eyepop: :wow: :eyepop:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

lament.cfg posted:

What you just described would be 16 acres

Right, so a 10- acre parcel would be even smaller.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Realistically being omitted is almost never going to be enough to successfully contest a will that was written after you were born, but explicitly spelling it out makes it faster and easier to slam dunk the case if they insist on being a dick and trying to drag it into court.

And explicitly spelling it out is the key there. $0, $1, or an obscenity laden 'gently caress you' all serve the same purpose.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Soylent Pudding posted:

Don't forget filling it with ~2000 Nazi corpses.

The missing missing reasons are longer than this post:
AITA for punishing my son for the arguement with my brother in law?

There was actually an update to this!! Lemme find it. But basically, the OP's boyfriend was actually a really good guy, which is why the kids insisted he not come, since they knew he was already a hair away from kicking the uncle's rear end and they didn't want him getting hurt

OP has apologized to the son and is trying to find out what Uncle was saying, but he doesn't want to tell her. It seems they trust her boyfriend more then her, which is pretty sad.... Hopefully there's a good ending here.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Miserable Maid posted:

There was actually an update to this!! Lemme find it. But basically, the OP's boyfriend was actually a really good guy, which is why the kids insisted he not come, since they knew he was already a hair away from kicking the uncle's rear end and they didn't want him getting hurt

OP has apologized to the son and is trying to find out what Uncle was saying, but he doesn't want to tell her. It seems they trust her boyfriend more then her, which is pretty sad.... Hopefully there's a good ending here.

quote:

First off, I know in my original post it might have seemed like I didn't care for my kids but that isn't true whatsoever. I have always put my kids first and always will. I've had past boyfriends that I broke up with when my any of my kids expressed dislike. Lily's reaction to my bf coming confused me because she and all my kids have great relationships with him and we've been together for years. When Lily returned from school, her and I talked in private about why she didn't want to him to come with us and I'm so relieved it wasn't anything as bad what some comments were suggesting. (I did give Kam back his things and apologized for the punishing him).

Now the reason Lily didn't want my bf to go with us was because the last time we visited my sister's for thanksgiving, Bf and bil got into a nasty fight when I wasn't around with only Lily as the witness. My bf is of a skinnier build compared to bf and has told me himself if they ever fought, he wouldn't win. Lily didn't want the possibility of a fight between the two to be an added stress for me while my brother was in the hospital. I talked to my bf about it and he confirmed all this. He said bil had said something disgusting about me that he'd never forgive bil for, unfortunately he wouldn't tell me what no matter how many times I asked (all he said was that it was degrading).

The reason I didn't mind Lily hiding in the guest room is because she's a lot more shy compared to the rest of us and usually likes to be by herself playing music. I missed it but bil was antagonizing her whenever he could. Apparently bil had repeated whatever he originally said about me in front of Lily and she was already so mad with him that this was the final straw that made her burst into tears. Kam had heard everything and rushed to Lily and my defense against bil thus the arguement. I asked about Sila and Kam said she had already left before everything. There was a big misunderstanding when they thought I heard what bil was saying about me and thought I was still defending him. Obviously this wasn't true.

Sila was geniunly pissed about not being able to go shopping and didn't know anything about what bil had said. But that's about it. When I go to visit my brother in the hospital again this weekend, I'm going to leave the kids at home this time so they don't have to deal with bil.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

Right, so a 10- acre parcel would be even smaller.

Guys stop fighting you're ruining national granola bar day. Is nothing sacred?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for for telling my friend I don’t care about her relationship?

quote:

I know the title sounds dramatic and like I am indeed TA. But I f(20) have not been able to see my close friend f(18) for a long time now due to covid regulations. So a few days ago we decided to meet up and just catch on things we haven’t discussed yet because all throughout covid we still kept in touch.

But my main reason for wanting to meet up was because I really needed a friend to catch me after my cancer diagnosis and considered her one of my best friends as well. We chatted for a while and she was talking about her relationship and how things “are still great after a year” and how much she loves him and how wonderful he is. And I am really happy she’s got him, because I know she isn’t someone who can stay alone for a long period of time.

At one point I decided to tell her I had something important to discuss after she asked how my live life and life in general was going and she seemed… annoyed(?) that I didn’t get too the pout fast enough for her liking(also interrupted her at some point to talk about it). I still told her I was diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer and really needed someone who would catch me and support me thorough this time since I live away from my family and currently have no partner.

Her face went blank for a split second when she started talking about her boyfriend again and what their plans were for the next couple of days. I told her to shut up.

She looked at me after a while and said something like “you know you’re being disrespectful by trying to make things about you right?”

I vividly remember telling her “I don’t care about your relationship right now. I respect it but ask you as a friend to help me from time to time.”

I was fuming, got up and told her that when I came back from the toilet to calm down she was either ready to apologise for how she reacted or gone. I couldn’t believe she ignored this nor the way she decided to react. When I came back she was gone, a little money left for the cake she had.

I understand it may have been a shock but I would’ve appreciated and respected something along the lines of “I can’t I’m sorry” or if she just told me she’s a bit overwhelmed. Whatever to be honest just an acknowledgment.

I was going to call her just to check in because we hadn’t talked after that but she texted me not so nice saying she wants an apology for interrupting her so “rudely”.

AITA for telling her I don’t care about her relationship?

TL;DR: AITA for telling friend to stop talking about boyfriend when I had told her I have cancer?

EDIT: She knew when we made plans I had something important to tell her and needed her support. I did in fact not lure her to the meet up to catch her off guard.

EDIT 2: Before she asked about my love life and any other updates I did interrupt her so I could tell her what was going on. I edited this part because frankly it made more sense to me. And yes there are typos. I am neither American, English, Irish, Australian nor from any other English speaking country.

Update: someone just sent me her post on here 💀

AITA for not saying sorry to a friend?

quote:

I 18,f just got a post from on here from one of my friend she’s 19 or 20. I decided to make a post too. Now we have covid like everybody else. We saw each other for the first time in months she knows I have a bf he’s 21.

I’ve seen people say she’s not the rear end in a top hat I’m here to tell my part.

She asked me to meet her in a coffee shop to tell me something important and life changing. We love gossiping and talking about fashion and life and my and her love life. I was ready to hear about hers.

I told her all my news she honestly was patient she let me talk and over the years always supported me. She stopped me because she quote couldn’t hold it in anymore. And I told her to tell me about her news and if there’s a new boyfriend. Instead she started stuttering and did not get to the point until I told her to.

She told me she has cancer in some stage. I honestly don’t know what the stage means but cancer is curable I don’t see what it has to do with me.

She told me what she wanted and then I started about my plan with friends.

She went away and said I should shut up because I was hurtful and said I should go if I don’t care. I went home she wanted me to.

I did not call her she did days after and apologised as I knew she always does. She knew she was wrong for just ignoring my questions.

But she wants an apology from me.

Am i wrong for this?

Pleas be nice it’s my first time in redit

Too long to read: Rude for no apology?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hughlander posted:

quote:

She told me she has cancer in some stage. I honestly don’t know what the stage means but cancer is curable I don’t see what it has to do with me.

guillotine

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for telling my son i’d rather have his ex wife as a daughter than him as my son after he got cut out of the will?
Why would the son and other children be getting anything when the dying man's wife is still alive and well? I'm not a willsmith but if my dad was dying I wouldn't expect anything while my mum was still alive.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

Why would the son and other children be getting anything when the dying man's wife is still alive and well?

Because it doesn’t automatically go to the spouse unless there isn’t a will.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Hughlander posted:

Pfft it’s only cancer, it’s not like the best case scenario involves invasive surgery or debilitating treatments or anything.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Splicer posted:

Why would the son and other children be getting anything when the dying man's wife is still alive and well? I'm not a willsmith but if my dad was dying I wouldn't expect anything while my mum was still alive.

Rich people

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Hughlander posted:

Honestly it doesn't sound like they are those kind of friends! I have many friends that I would talk to about fun stuff and love life or relationship stuff but not personal difficult stuff. I feel like lady 1 kinda misjudged the relationship.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not helping out the lady who hit my car?

quote:

Some relevant context: I am financially well-to-do and my car is worth approximately $100,000.

A couple months back I was driving and turned left on a protected green light. I was hit by a driver coming the opposite direction who ran their red light. Thankfully no one was hurt. The cops came and I told them what happened, and a witness who was behind me backed up my story. The driver was a young lady and she apologized and said she was distracted and didn't see the red light. We exchanged contact & insurance information and the cops assigned her 100% of the blame in the report.

My car was totaled. Her insurance only covered about half the damages I was owed. Not a problem, that's why I carry underinsured motorist insurance, and my insurance covered the remainder and I was made whole.

A week or so ago I got an email from her. She said that I was ruining her life as she was being sued by my insurance company for the amount they had to pay over her insurance's max coverage. She would have to drop out of college and find a lawyer to fight the case, not to mention the damages she'd owe if she lost. She asked me to drop the suit and work out some other way to fix this situation. I replied and explained that I was not suing her, it was not my decision, I did not have any influence over what my insurance's legal team was doing, and that she had been judged as solely responsible for the accident so it was out of my hands.

EDIT: She also wrote that if I had been driving a "normal" car her insurance would have covered all the damages and it's not right that she loses her future because of the type of car I chose to drive.

She wrote back asking if I could personally loan her the money to pay off the damages and then she would work out some way to pay me back. I have ignored this email.

I was talking to a couple friends and told them this story, and one of them said that even though she was responsible for the accident, he could see her side of the story and I should consider loaning her the money since I could afford it (which is true).

AITA for not helping her out?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Still laughing about that dad just going "good for you son" while his wife gets real mad

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mx. posted:

AITA for not helping out the lady who hit my car?

The woman is Marty McFly from the original timeline

edit: Actually 2nd timeline I think

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Soylent Pudding posted:

I have a black cat,

She's a good catte

EDIT: Her name is Chimera

Lady Jaybird fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You need to feed your cat less