Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers getting Trevor Penning, aka the guy who kept the bills rookie starting right tackle on the right side in college, is making me more excited than drafting an offensive lineman should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I just need the Jets to take a really good WR. Yeah the defense needs some help but imo the offense needs more

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

But we already have superstar Corey Davis!

Nah I completely agree, take WR with one of the first two picks, grab a TE in the 2nd/3rd if there's any good pass catchers there. They can focus on defense when the offense is consistently functional.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Man

I can't believe Slade Bolden declared for the draft

Like dude you're shorter than Bryce Young and probably a little less fast what are you doing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man you'd think that if your job was to do mock drafts you'd at least have it updated to reflect coach and GM firings after black monday

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

But we already have superstar Corey Davis!

Nah I completely agree, take WR with one of the first two picks, grab a TE in the 2nd/3rd if there's any good pass catchers there. They can focus on defense when the offense is consistently functional.

the Jets are paying Corey Davis like a no 2 WR which is what he is.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There's an alternative timeline where Daltos doesn't think mock drafts are stupid and he's earning six figures writing mocks for ESPN.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That panthers pick pleases me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

There's an alternative timeline where Daltos doesn't think mock drafts are stupid and he's earning six figures writing mocks for ESPN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPcyTyilmYY

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Ojabo top 10 is uh..really something. Like, he could end up a top 10 talent in the class, but he quite literally cannot be on the field for running downs consistently in the NFL right now. '

Hutchison number 1 is just insane too--he still can't generate power without a running start when he plays a high-end tackle and already looks stiff in his stance. Like, he's so good with that running start and when he can long arm, but those aren't a guarantee and can be taken from you fast in the NFL when the other DE prospects don't have that drawback

Willis QB1 would get someone fired.

Howell in the first is completely insane.

Leal doesn't belong anywhere near this.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

That panthers pick pleases me.

no i want linderbaum

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

TheGreyGhost posted:

Ojabo top 10 is uh..really something. Like, he could end up a top 10 talent in the class, but he quite literally cannot be on the field for running downs consistently in the NFL right now. '

Hutchison number 1 is just insane too--he still can't generate power without a running start when he plays a high-end tackle and already looks stiff in his stance. Like, he's so good with that running start and when he can long arm, but those aren't a guarantee and can be taken from you fast in the NFL when the other DE prospects don't have that drawback

Willis QB1 would get someone fired.

Howell in the first is completely insane.

Leal doesn't belong anywhere near this.

maybe the NFL should just skip the first round this year then, huh?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Daniel Jeremiah posted his first mock. Feel like it cuts against the conventional wisdom in a lot of ways (Gardner CB1/Stingley CB3, Burks WR1, Devin Lloyd in the top 10, thinks Thibs might slide, etc.). Also Jameson Williams falling to the Chiefs, which would just be :lol:.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Daniel Jeremiah posted his first mock. Feel like it cuts against the conventional wisdom in a lot of ways (Gardner CB1/Stingley CB3, Burks WR1, Devin Lloyd in the top 10, thinks Thibs might slide, etc.). Also Jameson Williams falling to the Chiefs, which would just be :lol:.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs

Tibs falling to the Jets would be fire.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

if the Panthers take a cb i may never watch pro football again

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 21, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

if the Panthers take a qb i may never watch pro football again

If you don't have a decent QB on your roster you should take a QB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Linderbaum going 25 right before Miami would be a real kick to the dick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

I love the first three picks. Houston picking a safety over a top rated DE is very Houston so I believe it will happen.

Imagine having a top three pick and taking a safety lol

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Edge Class

At a high level, this is a bit of an odd class, very deep but with a strange tendency towards motor guys who are stiff. To really make sure I'm clear with these, I want to make sure I distinguish across 3 elements: bend, pad level, and lateral mobility. When you think about an edge turning a corner, you need to be either a genius at 1 or have a minimum of 2. Bend can be defined as flexibility in positioning and hand movement to hit from better angles than a T can hit--think guys who can get their hands outside of a guy's shoulder to push from an angle where he has less leverage. Pad level is the most obvious and implies an ability to get explicitly lower or underneath the pass set--low man wins. Lateral mobility is the ability to run sideways or diagonally from where you start a play and implies essentially flexible movement in hips and ankles on top of typical speed--really it's more of a velocity test since it's something where you can solve for some slowness by taking good angles or make up for bad angles if you're very fast. When you look at a bunch of these dudes, I really only think Thibodeaux has all 3 of these. I'm going to do these in the order I watched the film (which was informed by ESPN so intensely dumb), so I'll call out my rankings of these dudes at the end.

Aidan Hutchison
To quote myself:

quote:

Hutch has good moves, but his power/bull rush is fairy dependent on snap timing which a good QB can gently caress with easily. Great tools but I think he’s going to end up being a finesse/run stopping beast who can 2 gap well and bends decently but isn’t going to be a gap crusher that beats a T to a spot consistently. Sort of a mix of Joey Bosa’s move set but with similar concerns in lack of bull/power rush when his timing’s off. Great pad level though, dude gets low like a short dude like Barnett or Brandon Graham, separate from his bend which isn't super consistent turning the corner. DE 3 behind Thibodeaux and Karlaftis to me right now though.

I stick by most of this. When I look at him when his timing is on, he's a serious problem. His bend is great in that he essentially has the length to almost climb a T or take them at the shoulder to gain leverage, and he can disengage or roll into dudes just by tagging them in the shoulder and pushing into the ribs or over the tap. His pad level is still pretty solid too--speaking relatively. When you watch him, an ideal rep is that he times the snap well, gets his pads under the T's hands somehow and then starts edging up and around a guy's chest to either hit high at the shoulder or low at the ribs. A lot of people seem to mistake this for an effective bull rush because he's going at the T, but it's more of a pure 2-gap run technique that he's modified into shooting a gap after he locks a guy at the line. Consequently, he's a plus run defender, where he's able to grab backs out of a B or C gap if he's lined up directly on a T. He tackles well once he gets his hands on a guy, and I really enjoy his ability to jump off of a block and into a lane like some deeply annoying Christmas inflatable that suddenly appears in your path. From this standpoint, he has lateral mobility moving entirely to his left or right in spades.

That said, there's a genuine question here about his actual power. Again, people mistake the ability to go at and win a rep against a T with a consistent bull rush. When you see him in a 2-point stance or up against a T who has the type of size to make his frame less relevant, he noticeably gets less push at the line. Part of that is because in both situations, he's naturally going to give up some leverage and power in favor of maintaining some control and eyeline for things like a running lane. The problem is that he can flatly disappear in those situations. If you watch him against Georgia, he doesn't have an answer for a varied snap count that prevents him from timing well and takes 3-4 steps to really generate any power in his hands going at a guy of his talent level. Against Sparty, he has similar issues where he gets chipped and timed out of some downs even though the T is less talented and can be pushed after 1-2 steps. People tried to hit Joey Bosa for a similar thing, but he was in a position where he was getting doubled for a large chunk of his final year. Hutchison wasn't doubled for large portions of the year, notably in games like Ohio State where they just...didn't change the snap count and didn't run constraint/chip plays to slow him down.

Finally, I don't know that he's going to be able to truly shoot gaps. He can bend, and he can move laterally, but he's just so big that it's almost a liability if you wanted him just running to a guy's shoulder and getting past it as opposed to putting his hands on a dude. Pad level helps, but the Barnett's of the world benefit from being nominally undersized on top of getting low. He might have the diagonal speed for it, but I just see a dude like Michael Bennett where he's a strange body type that can play in hybrid fronts but ultimately is handled as a discrete part of a defense rather than being truly plug and play. Call him Bosa's moveset, Bennett's weird schematic quirks, and the body type of a less bulky Watt. He could be really good and prove me wrong; he could go full Bjoern Werner.

Kayvon Thibodeaux

quote:

Thibodeaux is the rare kind of freak who could play 5 tech to 3-4 LB. Dude bends inconsistently because they move him, but he’s so loving fast it doesn’t matter. I don’t know what he’ll run; but it won’t shock me if he looks like Paye did this past year at the combine with better straight line.. I don’t always love his move set because it’s so speed dependent and tends to hinge on him beating a guy to a shoulder, but he’s got the tools to learn some stuff like Up>Under>Scissors or an Up and Swim to counter how guys will play him. Bradley Chubb is a fair comparison, but he really could end up Khalil Mack if someone optimizes his move set well enough.

This is fairly accurate. I don't know that there's a more scheme versatile guy in the class, and he has all 3 elements you want to see in a guy who needs to turn the corner--crazy lateral quickness, crazy flexibility in the hips and arms to climb into a gap or show up organically, and a pretty good pad level for getting under a guy's hands. If I'm critiquing these, he does shoot out of his stance high sometimes, which is mainly a matter of a twitchy athlete being twitchy and needing to work on his release point, which is minor. When you look at his ability to handfight or deploy movesets, he runs rip, long arm, and some swim-like moves that let him get off a T's pass set. That said, he's got room for scissor, counter, and spin moves to create a 3x3x3 start>counter>finish sequence if he needs it. Dude is so athletic that he can make the techniques effectively modular.

So, what am I worried about? I don't always love him in run defense. He's more of a gap shooter than a crusher right now, which is fine considering he's fast enough to get to the backfield and make gaps occasionally irrelevant, but he's not consistently riding a T until a RB declares and then jumping into the lane like a 2-Gap scheme might ask him to on a consistent basis. I think he's in a good position to learn that technique when he can focus, because Oregon's mandate for him was to move around and focus on picking his opponents and pass rush angles over anything else. I also don't know if he's big enough to play 4-3 End in a 4-5 tech spot consistently at 250. He might wanna add 10-15 pounds, just because he's going to want a little extra bulk to set a run fit or hold up better. I don't think the Pac-12 was great preparation for him in terms of the size of opposing linemen or quality of Ts, but he produced. Bradley Chubb is a fair comparison, but I think he sort of splits the difference between him and Josh Allen by virtue of how explosive and gap-shooty he can be but is in a weird position where he might a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE and probably needs to be picked. I almost want him as more of a 3-4 OLB, but I think he's going to be fine in either moment. If he busts, it's going to be as a Vernon Gholston type where he just gets scared off by the sudden jump in OL talent he fights weekly and doesn't pick up moves to fix it, but I just don't see it.

George Karlaftis

quote:

Karlaftis just makes me smile because he’s the quintessential Big Ten DE who gets underrated because he’s not the absolute fastest dude but plays so hard and can bull rush anyone into submission off of conditioning. If you look at his size, he could probably fit any front as wide as a 7, though you probably stick him at 5 or 4 tech and let him murder some poor G’s day while occasionally making a T think twice about his edge set. He does the staple long arm, drive up, and rip moves you would expect from a guy who makes his living attacking guys directly. I would love if he learned some gap techniques so that he can turn around guys and make them worry about moving laterally too—a lot of that is refining his timing and turning those rips into something where he can rip diagonally and push into a dude’s flank with one move or another. He’s similar to JJ as a prospect, but I think JJ was undervalued at the time.

This one holds pretty well looking at the full sample. A funny thing to me is that Karlaftis is a lot of what the Draftniks want Hutchison to be. Dude plays for Purdue and gets like 80 snaps a game as a result, and he absolutely never stops going, no matter what. He's also easily the best pure power rusher here, getting an actual honest to god bull rush where he bends and just explodes into a T's chest and ribs like he's trying to tip a washing machine over with essentially immediate power regardless of being in 3 point or 2 point stances, agnostic of snap counts or chips. What I'd like to see out of his power sets and moves is an emphasis on his rip, swim, and scissor moves, less long arm since he's not going to have a huge length advantage at the next level.

On the flip side, those power sets also make him an odd run defender. He gets good penetration sets on zone plays or counters that take some time to develop where he can ride an OL to the point of attack, but he's not long enough to really 2-gap and jump on the runner to either side consistently right now--great tackling technique but just not the length to do it. He's not a liability, but a DC is going to be probably trying to use his power to start in one gap and push the OL into the other one to set an edge moreso than necessarily disengaging or trying to shoot gaps--think how JJ Watt or Michael Bennett get used in run sets.

Now, to critique him, he's more evasive than sudden when shooting gaps or doing speed rushes--which will be fine but he's not a primary speed rusher. You want to pair him with a dude like Randy Gregory/Aldon Smith/Josh Allen, because it'll give you an opportunity to either bring a wide rusher outside of the edge Karlaftis sets or simplify LB duties in the middle because the speed guy will shut down the D gap on either side while Karlaftis will spill a C gap into a B or A. He would fit very well in the type of defense Carroll has been running, where you mix and match DL guys to gain advantages in the run fit and press up front to give unclear reads and tight windows. He also needs to learn to edit himself. Dude can do a spin move but probably shouldn't outside of stunt/roll orders, and his long arm moves aren't going to be as effective at the next level. As a prospect, I think he splits the difference between Justin Smith and another Purdue grad in Ryan Kerrigan. His likely outcomes to me actually are similar to both Bengal DEs right now in Trey Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard.

David Ojabo

quote:

Ideal 4-3 DE body who someone is going to force into a 3-4 OLB role that I'm a little worried he's going to be too raw for. He has enough twitch to be on par with a Thibodeaux and is like an identical 6'5 260 type, but his hands and upper half don't move as well yet. If you watch him in big games, he gets off fast enough to create a threat but gets ahead of his rip/hand placement. It's sort of like if you long-armed yourself out of the most direct rush lane because you thought you needed more space from the T as opposed to truly powering through the T as tightly as possible to maximize economy of movement. He's also a liability against any team that pulls or switches assignments in the running game--only one real swipe move that gets less effective when applied to a guy coming at you with a head of steam who sees it coming. So, 4-3 DE that's ultimately a pass rush specialist with upside to be a 3-down guy. He can clearly improve and do what he needs to if he's trying to improve those--starting from a place of already separating hand movement from your legs is a good start because you have to learn. He's only 21 and doesn't have much tread on the tires.

All that said, buyer beware if you try to make him a 3-4 OLB. His advantage right now is coming out of his stance, so you'd be handicapping him in the run game and passing in such a way that his move set becomes more of a liability. He's theoretically athletic enough to drop in coverage but has very little track record doing that, beyond the extremely rare directional drop into a hook zone. Do you really want to have to split his focus from fixing his run sets?

Comparably, he's on the spectrum of Vernon Gholston to Carlos Dunlap where he's dominant in a specific context but hasn't had to do or show much beyond that. If he develops, he's Dunlap. If he learns nothing? Gholston. Realistically, I think Emmanuel Ogbah is a realistic comparison, where he's going to take a couple years to get going but has the rare physical traits to be a double-digit guy.

This held up the best--nothing to really say here other than that someone is going to convince themselves they can do what the Ravens have done with Oweh. Huge ceiling, huge floor.

Myjai Sanders

First guy I haven't commented on fully so far, but I look at him and see a dude who is very successful at 4-3 end but a limited use case. So, let's talk pros--he's very quick to a gap and runs into the backfield before a T blinks, particularly when he runs to an outside shoulder and can get away with a quick all-or-nothing double hand rip before trying to murder a QB. He bends decently, though he's not asked to climb out of 2-gaps often in a pass set, so there's not as much of a sample here, and his pad level is good albeit with the occasional rep where he gets stood up because he's too fast out of his stance. He's also capable of lining up wide on a TE and taking a chip before getting around and rushing. He's also long and gets off blocks in run defense, meaning he can effectively support 2 gaps or shoot 1. So what's the problem?

My man has some stiff, stiff ankles and hips for an edge rusher which hurt his lateral mobility trying to get to a QB. When you watch, his best pass rushing reps come from a 9-tech, which UC loved to roll out with a tight/mint look in the middle. When you're stiff in the lower body, you have essentially two options: one is to go wide, so that your initial turn comes earlier and loss of speed is less impactful; two is to move inside so you're running straight ahead into a gap more easily and don't have to turn to find the QB. When you watch his tape, he's sudden and penetrates, but he is emphatically not a power rusher, rarely pushing a T backwards so much as wrapping around a guy, meaning he essentially has to live outside. It's not as big of an issue on run defense since he's either shooting a gap or starting from essentially a standstill directly fighting a blocker, but even the best speed rusher in the world can be effectively chipped, doubled, or rolled away from to make him not a threat if he can only leave from a certain window every time. If I were dreaming, sticking him with Jim Schwartz somewhere could make him a double digit sack guy. My greatest fear is that someone sees him playing wide and thinks "ah natural 3-4 LB" when he's just too stiff laterally to deal with that, short of sticking him on a weakside and hoping to god the other team sucks at counter. Call him Brandon Graham.

Kingsley Enagbare

Most Muschamp defender in a while, played DE, OLB, and even some DT. To compliment him, he has serious power and speed to him that translates all the way from his hips to his hands--only Ojabo and Thibodeaux look better from a pure speed-power combo on tape. He's also fairly long for a guy his height--probably capable of jumping off of Ts and TEs alike to jump on a running back at the next level, assuming he hits his disengage. If the dude can really push into you, he might just blow past, because he has so many inside moves like a rip, swim, up and under, or double rip and spin and then finish with linear speed. So what's my problem? He looks like a perfect 3-tech DT in an undersized body.

No seriously, watch his tape and he just doesn't consistently bend around dudes so much as go linearly into them like a blocking sled drill. I keep wondering if he's just stiff in the ankles and hips, because he wins when he's able to get to an angle first and shove. Similarly, his pad level looks like a guy who is always trying to jump forward, where he can't really get his pads under the angles he bends into consistently. He can bull rush, but I just don't know what to do about a guy who can only run forward, because you can't rely on him to run fit a single gap with minimal bend and lateral quickness, and you can't rely on him to two gap when he's only bull rushing and doesn't really ever disengage to jump into an alley so much as just lock on and push. If someone teaches him disengagement moves, I think he might be a great 4-tech if he gains like 20 pounds, but I really really don't know what to do with him. Maybe someone creative gets ahold of him and lets him run around in a hybrid look where you take advantage of his power and build run fits around the spill happening outside in, but I just see a Muschamp dude who tries really hard and is strong but doesn't know where he is in a run fit, picks bad gaps and angles, and doesn't know how to do much other than win a rep.

Josh Paschal

Sort of a cleaner version of Enagbare, but 20 pounds heavier. He moved around in the scheme like Enagbare did but doesn't have raw speed or power so much as an ability to twitch into a stance and then move--more of a "extend then push" than "pushing my way to full extension" if that makes sense. I toyed with not putting him in the edge category, because I think his best fit is going to be a 3 or 4 tech in the NFL. He's not long--just sudden in the sense that he gets to full extension and leverage quickly, where he can engage and then figure out if he needs to duck into either gap or start working towards his match's shoulder to flank him into the gap. I like watching him run through guys on a pure bull rush or the fact that he got used in weird rush sets as a nose somehow.

So what's the problem? He's just not big enough to make a huge difference. If he was 290-300, I'd say solid 3-tech where his bull rush is good and he'd have plus speed for the position. At 275? He might be a 3-4 end who can close things down a la Justin Smith, but trying to leave him at 4-3 End of any wider than 5 tech is going to be a problem. He's not fast enough to run laterally at the C or D gap. Unlike Enagbare, he's solid at disengaging head on to cover a 2-gap situation, and he tackles well in a gap shooting situation. What he lacks is Enagbare's straight-line speed where he can occasionally speed past an OL and blow up a play. He's not going to miss run fits, but he's only going to be generating TFLs if he can blow a 2-gap situation. It's a throwback, but he reminds me a lot of Robert Ayers, just with slightly less twitch.

Jermaine Johnson

Probably my biggest opinion change with where I started versus where I ended on a prospect. FSU gets high-end talent but hasn't developed it for years, so a super twitchy, powerful, long edge body in my mind is just at best another Brian Burns where he's going to need to be taught how to play--not Johnson. He's fast and flexible enough that he maximizes his lateral quickness and can just go--on par with Thibs and Ojabo in this class. Similarly, he's long enough that he can legitimately long-arm, rip, swim, or go up and around in harmony with his ability to turn and bend, meaning he's essentially capable of anything out there.

My biggest concerns with him are two things--one, he's a one-year wonder in a sense. He looked dominant this year, but he has a lot of prior tape where he's trying really hard and nothing happens because he's way out of position or picked the wrong gap. Generally speaking, that's a coaching issue and means the run fits either aren't sound or weren't clearly explained. Second issue? He's not really a guy with a consistent plan. He's instinctual and can ride zone, reach, chip, or pull blocks to the play now, but he seems to be a more reactive player than a guy who necessarily dictates that an offense needs to play around him because he's going to constantly blow past an OL or get a bunch of push directly into an OL. There is such a thing as a guy who is so toolsy that it almost hurts him because it's hard for him to get a rhythm. He's an ideal guy to have on the field for long drives where you can just leave him in place and he'll play hard and not miss, but he's also not in a position where he necessarily goes to one thing every time. He's got an insane ceiling, but the level of competition in the ACC, lack of coaching up until this year, and occasional lack of urgency (not motor but feel for when he needs to explicitly make a play) makes me think that he could be this year's Oweh or Burns where a good defensive coach makes him a monster out of a non top 15 pick. Burns and Oweh are both reasonable comparisons for him right now as prospects.

Quick Hits

Travon Walker -- Didn't ever line up in one consistent place. Occasionally looked like the best pass rusher on the team, occasionally looked like the 5th best--needs to be more consistent beyond just effort and having a discrete place to line up might help.

Drake Jackson -- If he comes out, decent 3-4 SLB 4-3 WDE candidate who isn't really big enough to play inside of a 5 tech or fast enough to play like a true Wide-9. High floor, low ceiling. Looks like Carl Lawson to me.

Tyreke Smith -- Slightly undersized but massively fast at setting an edge--gets punked in run fits a lot which might be a scheme thing. Has a whole bunch of near sacks on tape which could be evident of his own tackling/spatial awareness being an issue but high potential ceiling. Hilariously unproductive for what he put on tape. Zadarius Smith.

Nik Bonnito -- Too small to be a true edge, needs to be a full 3-4 OLB. Takk McKinley pre-weight gain

Cam Thomas -- Solidish 4-3 DE who looks a bit stiff like Myjai Sanders but looked worse against worst competition. Not huge straight-line speed but gets around things without much issue. Might be a decent "gain 30 pounds and play 3-4 DE, hybrid DT" candidate since he has solid power and pad length but not enough crazy flexibility to really play everydown edge.

Scheme-agnostic rankings:

Thibodeax
Karlaftis
Hutch
Johnson/Ojabo
Paschal
Enagbare
Walker
Thomas
Smith
Jackson
Bonnito

Some dudes I haven't watched much could easily slide in anywhere 6-10 there.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

mcmagic posted:

If you don't have a decent QB on your roster you should take a QB.

this was meant to say cb, i would be fine with pickett

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
good thing i dont do football stuff because the idea of my eagles drafting another 1st round receiver makes me want mad bad

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

This mock draft is wild and DJ tends to be more accurate than most.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Professor Funk posted:

He has TB picking at 31 and GB picking at 32.

That’s not how things work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want a tackle. i want a guard. i want a db. i want a d-lineman. i want another db, i want another olineman, and i want w/e at the end. i might want something else entirely. depends on what you want

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns taking a Georgia lineman not named Jordan Davis in the 1st displeases me

We're into silly mock season though where everyone starts getting their dumb bullshit out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't stop thinking about Jameson Williams on the Chiefs

oh god i'm almost there

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Bills taking a corner makes sense. Leslie Frazier has done a great job scheming around it, but the truth is Tre White and Taron Johnson are our only truly good corners(and Tre White is dead). And the Bills really don't have a ton of obvious holes: it's only really CB, WR, OL(especially interior), and DL(again, especially interior), and mostly because there's a lot of roster space occupied by mediocre and/or overpriced talent there. Secondary concerns include OT, TE, RB, QB, and LB depth. I'll probably do an effort post when our season is over, which hopefully won't be soon.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ornery and Hornery posted:

He has TB picking at 31 and GB picking at 32.

That’s not how things work.

Kinda dumb but he has this note after the Cowboys pick:

quote:

NOTE: The order for picks 25-32 will be determined by the remaining postseason games. For now, they are presented based on final regular-season record and strength of schedule.

I don't think Daniel Jeremiah forgot how the draft works...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

This mock draft is wild and DJ tends to be more accurate than most.

Send a wellness check for me if the panthers draft a DB in the first.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That screams stupid and lazy to me from Jeremiah, there's 0 chance we take a DB with the first rounder.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love Sauce but him over Stingley is insane.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

I love Sauce but him over Stingley is insane.

Availability is a skill.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Roger McCreary to the Bucs please and thank you.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Send a wellness check for me if the panthers draft a DB in the first.

I'm just going all in on college football for the next few years until this shitshow is fixed.

or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'll talk myself into hope sometime between the draft and training camp

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who are the most bullshit analytics guys in the draft? That’s who the Browns will pick to continue our misery.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Does Kyle Hamilton actually live up to the hype? He's being talked about like Derwin James was coming out of FSU.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Does Kyle Hamilton actually live up to the hype? He's being talked about like Derwin James was coming out of FSU.

Derwin James is what everyone wanted Isaiah Simmons to be in that he’s a better covering box safety who can run forward or backwards.

Hamilton reminds me of more of the Earl Thomas/Jamal Adams type where he’s at his best in center field but also happens to be insanely capable of rotating down to cover TEs. He’s not quite the box guy James was, but he’s probably better as a man cover safety. Just insane range applied to coverage and the secondary.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I just meant similar in terms of supposed quality and athletic ability. I know Hamilton is coming off an injury so if he could take a mid first tumble similar to James I'd be very content finally landing a long-term solution at free safety.

Alternatively Storm Duck hasn't declared but selecting him in the first round would likely change his mind.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

going to the nfl draft with josh hutcherson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Anyone in the draft class an anti vax guy?