Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Hierophant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Inquisitor doesn't need Elem pen

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

combine this neck with jewel from a couple days ago and you have the start of a pretty tanky build, with fairly effortless 90 all res.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

euphronius posted:

Inquisitor doesn't need Elem pen

Just the first thing I thought of for a dual stat bonus

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It also takes astramentis slot which is .. a choice

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
The downside seems to be you lose out on the extra damage and health from strength, the extra mana and ES from intelligence, and the extra evasion and accuracy from dexterity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that’s a lot of elemen pen tho. Prismatic too.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wonder what the rarity on that will be... I hope not tooooo rare. Maybe astramentis rarity?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

External Organs posted:

I wonder what the rarity on that will be... I hope not tooooo rare. Maybe astramentis rarity?

It's probably the chase unique of the expansion, so like a 5% drop from the final boss of the new Sirus/Maven/Uber Elder equivalent.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ultima66 posted:

It's probably the chase unique of the expansion, so like a 5% drop from the final boss of the new Sirus/Maven/Uber Elder equivalent.

Oh I thought they just said it would drop "in the atlas"

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Sirus had an innocence themed drop too for whatever reason.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Mark confirmed that all % modifiers to any stat do get converted to Omniscience and apply to the whole pool of Omniscience (meaning 10% str on a belt would apply to ~500ish Omniscence rather than ~300ish str on a normal str heavy build). Also anything that gives +all attributes or +2 attributes doesn't double dip and only adds to Omniscience once:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/s9k3a3/well_announce_our_siege_of_the_atlas_expansion_in/hto13ho/?context=10

Also Actum makes you have 0 Omniscience.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

No Safe Word posted:

1 point in STR = 1 Omniscience
1 point in INT = 1 Omniscience
1 point in DEX = 1 Omniscience

no reason it would be any other way

Welp

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ultima66 posted:

Also Actum makes you have 0 Omniscience.

Wouldn't want the new fun item to be usable, would we?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

The notion that one negative interaction makes the fun new item unusable is emblematic of the absurdity of the PoE community's typical reaction to news.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Also no one uses actum.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

The notion that one negative interaction makes the fun new item unusable is emblematic of the absurdity of the PoE community's typical reaction to news.

I feel like this is referring to Actum and that unique is extremely bad anyways so even if it did work with this amulet no one would use it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ultima66 posted:

I feel like this is referring to Actum and that unique is extremely bad anyways so even if it did work with this amulet no one would use it.

it was this.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's always bizarre when they preemptively block an interaction that appears to be borderline useless anyway. I guess that's easier than just yoloing it but also the game is season based anyway so unless it's extra extra broken, does anyone really care if something stays in for a whole league? I don't.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's because that's the correct implementation of the mechanic as written

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve played for a long rear end time and have never seen Actum

Wtf

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

euphronius posted:

I’ve played for a long rear end time and have never seen Actum

Wtf

Heist unique, only comes from doing the lovely reward grand heists.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dyzzy posted:

It's because that's the correct implementation of the mechanic as written

ya in retrospect "strength and intelligence" is one modifier, same with all attributes

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Also I spent like half an hour getting excited about how this would combo with leadership's price lol

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Considering how important int bonus is for CI builds, I'm guessing Omniscience is going to be used exclusively with life. Also, with no accuracy bonus from dex, you're going to want to use spells, or bolster your accuracy with some unique that gives a ton of flat. Needing less resists is also nice... oh, accuracy is a suffix on rings so you can just compensate that way.
Oh god I just realized, this amulet is gonna use some weird rear end rares. Market's gonna get a shakeup.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
To me it seems the most useful for life based caster builds, they tend to have a lot of int and even if you're hybrid the %es from int isn't a huge loss. That way you're not losing that much life from str and you don't care about accuracy.

You'll need the resists it gives because you want to end up spending more suffixes on stat rolls. One big slot will be getting a double implicit %stat synth belt for potentially up to 36% increased omniscience, though 25-30% is more realistic. You should be able to get to ~1k without significant investment, and 100 res/pen is a pretty great spot to be starting a build from.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Brace yourselves for a year of streamers pronouncing it omni science.

Stacking omni science and running sepulshur maps.

It took a while before some of them stopped saying 'occulist'

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a lost battle, but in my heart of hearts I just want people to stop spelling Delerium. Actually, I'm ok with people spelling it wrong now, but the one thing that I low-key don't understand is mid-league, when a league's name is showing up to you every time you open the game, the launcher, under your character and people still get wrong.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
People still say Sirius, it's a hopeless battle.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Cinara posted:

It took me until the second league of that year to realize it was Sirus not Sirius.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Elentor posted:

It's a lost battle, but in my heart of hearts I just want people to stop spelling Delerium. Actually, I'm ok with people spelling it wrong now, but the one thing that I low-key don't understand is mid-league, when a league's name is showing up to you every time you open the game, the launcher, under your character and people still get wrong.

Dilithium Dilirium

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cinara posted:

It's because it's one letter off of an actual name

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I mind Sirius less than Delerium. Besides the times I do see people saying sirus they end up saying Sai-rus when in-game it's pronounced like Sirius minus an i, see-rus. So everyone is wrong even when they're trying to get it right.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I remember googling around once and it turns out it's one of many modified takes on the name 'Cyrus.' Which makes sense, because as we all are aware Cyrus the Great was well-known for emitting disintegrating lasers from his hands.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They need to make a prismatic spell. We've got elemental hit and wild strike.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe they will give us Sirius’ beam as a spell

J
Jun 10, 2001

My farming strategery next league is gonna be to start with blighted maps since they don't need gear if you place turrents well. Then once I have some money I'm gonna try and get some kinda inquizidor build online that can farm delerium mirrors if tropical eyeland still exists on the new atlas. Then prezoomably I'll need a bossing character for the new bosses and maybe Sirius if his fragment prices make cents.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

J posted:

My farming strategery next league is gonna be to start with blighted maps since they don't need gear if you place turrents well. Then once I have some money I'm gonna try and get some kinda inquizidor build online that can farm delerium mirrors if tropical eyeland still exists on the new atlas. Then prezoomably I'll need a bossing character for the new bosses and maybe Sirius if his fragment prices make cents.

You're a monster.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol good lord J

E: aw that was a pristine rap sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

Maybe they will give us Sirius’ beam as a spell
I always thought that was very nearly Divine Ire; at the very least DIregnite felt bizarrely like a mirror match. Just needed a 'die' sfx and some red glitter and we'd have been twins.
Would absolutely kill for an even closer version though. I need more big chunky fucker spells.