Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

I want to believe this is what happened when he had a single permanent blown up by a Sylvan Primordial.

Sylvan Primordial is just fine banned. Seriously. If you've never played a table where it got chain reanimated, trust me, there's no enjoyment to be had there. The fact that it was asymmetrical was really loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toshimo posted:

Sylvan Primordial is just fine banned. Seriously. If you've never played a table where it got chain reanimated, trust me, there's no enjoyment to be had there. The fact that it was asymmetrical was really loving dumb.

Listen. Listen. Listen... I know. I really do. I just want to play the card without having to clear it with the table first. I know how good blowing up three non-creature permanents and then getting to ramp three Forests (not even basics!) is, specially when you blink/reanimate it multiple times. I just, I just want it and Prophet of Kruphix back, as a treat.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
At this point, what would the best bans and safest unbans be?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

*looks up Tergrid*

I, too, love paying the commander tax on an priority target.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Framboise posted:

Just unban Lutri. Who gives a poo poo if it's a free include in any URx deck?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just unban Lutri. Who gives a poo poo if it's a free include in any URx deck?

:hmmyes: it's not even like a trapcard, you know its there. Especially after the additional companion tax thing.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grevlek posted:

:hmmyes: it's not even like a trapcard, you know its there. Especially after the additional companion tax thing.

It's not that it's unreasonably powerful, it's that it gives a free extra card to any deck running UR, which is kind of against the spirit of the game even if it's not breaking anything. Although I think the companion tax makes a better case for it not being banned.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

As always:

BAN

• The Reserved List
  • 0-1 Mana rocks
  • Demonic Consultation
  • Doomsday

UNBAN
Sway of the Stars

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Wow, look at this Doomsday hater.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
ban any card with a price over $30

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Surely humble Reserved List card Tithe is not ban worthy?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Heath posted:

Surely humble Reserved List card Tithe is not ban worthy?

Tithe is $30 and continues to rise. gently caress the Reserved List. Burn it all down.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Just make a collector booster set called The Reserved List already, MaRo.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Tithe is $30 and continues to rise. gently caress the Reserved List. Burn it all down.

It seems like banning the reserve list would do a better job of indicating people don't need OG duals than just writing articles on your blog about playing tapped gainlands.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grevlek posted:

It seems like banning the reserve list would do a better job of indicating people don't need OG duals than just writing articles on your blog about playing tapped gainlands.

But then he wouldn't get to play with them and show off his vast card collection.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grevlek posted:

Did he really say that poo poo? Lmao

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

As always:

BAN

• The Reserved List
  • 0-1 Mana rocks
  • Demonic Consultation
  • Doomsday

UNBAN
Sway of the Stars

Don't fully agree with a blanket ban on RL cards if not only because most are harmless and a lot of the cool ones make for interesting gameplay, but I'm 100% on board with Consultation (as well as Thoracle, and Dockside) getting the boot. They're fine on their own imo but the cEDH meta has been warped around them for too long to the point that it's getting kind of dull and rather than playing those cards, I've been finding myself building decks to specifically hose them. That and they've become the "pubstomper boogeyman" of sorts that I've noticed low-power players confusing pubstompers for cEDH players with.

As an alternative, I just feel that the RC needs to get on board with supporting proxies. That way the cards are available and accessible to all.

Also unban Lutri. Would have been OP if old companion rules stayed in place, but as it is it's 4RU for a single use, on top of copying whatever spell you've already cast on the stack.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

As an alternative, I just feel that the RC needs to get on board with supporting proxies. That way the cards are available and accessible to all.

This isn't an option. If the RC says "use proxies", WotC immediately cuts them loose and takes the whole format in-house. It would be political suicide.

That's why the RL just needs to be deleted. It's worked fantastically for Conquest. Any even remotely decent card just starts getting pumped as soon as a Content Creator spotlights it. We are rapidly getting to the point where the floor on a playable RL card is $30 and rising.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
companions should just count against your 100 cards same way commanders and particularly partner commanders work

they're already bending things with companions not technically being in the sideboard just for edh i don't get why they just let you also run 101 cards on top of that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

TotalHell posted:

Yeah, I mean to an extent discard, mill, and stax-control all play in the same space of “make other people play the game less.” Mill is the least offensive of these usually, with discard/stax being the ones that really bug people. So I’m looking at running this deck in casual tables at like a 7-8 power level. Strong enough that people should reasonably expect any viable strategy, but not cEDH level.

This is why I love K’rrik, it’s a mono-b commander who doesn’t give a gently caress what their opponents are doing, and is too busy casting 40 of their own spells instead of making you discard your bullishit

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

This is why I love K’rrik, it’s a mono-b commander who doesn’t give a gently caress what their opponents are doing, and is too busy casting 40 of their own spells instead of making you discard your bullishit

You got a list? I'm running a Vilis deck, but I think people are getting bored of me fishing thru my deck to find a finisher and it'd be nice to have some cards to hotswap into a K'rrik deck.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

companions should just count against your 100 cards same way commanders and particularly partner commanders work

they're already bending things with companions not technically being in the sideboard just for edh i don't get why they just let you also run 101 cards on top of that

That is how they work.

Partners + companion + gitaxian probe = 96 card deck.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pseudanonymous posted:

That is how they work.

Partners + companion + gitaxian probe = 96 card deck.

Companions explicitly do not count toward your card total.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Heath posted:

Companions explicitly do not count toward your card total.

Oh weird that’s not what’s in my memories for how they dealt with it. It’s kind of irrelevant because of how much a handicap each one is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's no wonder you would make that mistake since companions are loving stupid

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/UZkjakoZfEmmwhDEVr35Tw

Here’s my suicide K’rrik list. Mulligan to T1-T2 K’rrik and any tutor and you’re basically good to go. I hold up disruption until I’m about to go off because it’s free. You’re opponents have to have it, and sometimes they just don’t have it.

When I built this deck 2-3 years ago, I was skeptical that it could perform at the cEDH power level. Those fears were unfounded, even though I’m a mono-colored deck with the worst on stack interaction in Magic… I mean you can solve a surprising amount of problems by killing them. Sometimes you have to jump through hoops like using Karn to turn Null Rod into a creature so that you can kill it, but hey, when all you’ve got is a hammer…

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Heath posted:

It's no wonder you would make that mistake since companions are loving stupid

I know I'm just a total psycho when it comes to wacky deckmaking restrictions

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/stackededh/status/1484407736226009088?s=21

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I love how people called this deck a meme for so long and it turns out it's actually that good. Can't wait to build it later on. :allears:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Framboise posted:

I love how people called this deck a meme for so long and it turns out it's actually that good. Can't wait to build it later on. :allears:

Math is powerful

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I’ve played Ken and that deck, it’s pretty bonkers when it gets going. Real deal.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Dizz posted:

playing casual competitively, and competitive casually.

Man, I wish they were still putting out content...

https://www.youtube.com/c/CasuallyCompetitiveMTG

Toshimo posted:

As always:

BAN

• The Reserved List
  • 0-1 Mana rocks
  • Demonic Consultation
  • Doomsday

UNBAN
Sway of the Stars

:hmmyes:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
new IHYD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvI95PQGfoo

I had no idea who Skylar was, but his table presence was pretty fun. Seeing Playing with Power not just playing cEDH was amusing as well.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

new IHYD posted:

I had no idea who Skylar was, but his table presence was pretty fun. Seeing Playing with Power not just playing cEDH was amusing as well.

PwP was real nice and saved the other two ~41 minutes in. He would have been just fine letting Lynch resolve his spell without affecting his board beforehand.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Framboise posted:

Have you actually had the misfortune of playing against it? I would take ultimate 4-man stax hell over watching someone use their phone to figure it their deck works for 20 minutes every loving turn. Even the most skilled Krarka-shima pilots will start off every game with an apology because it’s seriously the most annoying deck to pilot or play against. It’s my Tergrid, I won’t even sit at the table if someone’s playing Thumbs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

new IHYD posted:

Huh, I didn't pay attention to it outside of the videos but I had no idea Joe left the channel.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Have you actually had the misfortune of playing against it? I would take ultimate 4-man stax hell over watching someone use their phone to figure it their deck works for 20 minutes every loving turn. Even the most skilled Krarka-shima pilots will start off every game with an apology because it’s seriously the most annoying deck to pilot or play against. It’s my Tergrid, I won’t even sit at the table if someone’s playing Thumbs.

Still building it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Get a coin flipping app and use dry erase tokens cards.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pseudanonymous posted:

Get a coin flipping app and use dry erase tokens cards.

I think his complaint is that every coin flipping thing takes an eternity to resolve even with your phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah having a phone app doesn’t really make resolving 11 Deflecting Swats not take an annoying amount of time, and that’s just every single interaction once the deck is going off. You can watch it happen on VoDs all over YouTube if you don’t believe me, you’ve got the biggest cEDH grinders on Earth playing this deck that they designed themselves and every turn still takes absolutely forever, even in a format like ours that is famous for really thick stacks.