Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, one time I autobanned because I tried to post about Mark Hammil in the rotating Star Wars subforum by using the HOT! thread tag! It was so stupid that Jeffrey changed the rules about how auto-banning worked lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did you sustain head trauma in 2017? what happened there

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
2017 is the year I got clean and stopped snorting crystal meth and shooting up tranquilizers, so really it’s more like 2017 is the year I stopped experiencing head trauma

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the mods want you off the wagon, always remember that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/sdonziger/status/1484291578265022465?s=21

Holy poo poo lol this is loving terrible Biden sucks so loving bad holy poo poo

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/sdonziger/status/1484291578265022465?s=21

The only lib spin on it could be solving the issue of being prosecuted by a private prosecuter.

now she's a federal one! :shepicide:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

Piss tape

Taze balls

Hail Satan

jesus christ you people are genetically unfunny

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Slanderer posted:

remember sailor

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Man I don't think I ever feel more doomed than when I hear what a political focus group thinks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Slanderer posted:

Please go back to having breakdowns in the Glenn thread.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

Man I don't think I ever feel more doomed than when I hear what a political focus group thinks

Frank Luntz is the guy that pioneered the name changes from Global Warming to Climate Change and the Estate Tax to the Death Tax. He is a slimy disgusting monster who spends all day asking people if they want to be more fascist, then acting surprised on the evening news that the country is going downhill. Famously he was one of the big banner holders for the "the incivility of this election is distressing" movement in 2016. Those people are all dumb, but most everyone is. It's the way he runs the groups that needles people into acting even more stupid than normal.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Chakan posted:

name changes from Global Warming to Climate Change

is there a problem with this other than that he's the guy who did it

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Tweezer Reprise posted:

It’s to make it sound like it’s just a natural occurrence rather than human caused

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Because by changing the entire world’s perception of the issue from something that sounds alarming to more neutral language, he has changed the conversation from “we’ve got to do something about this!” to “the climate is just changing, that’s normal, climates change!”

These are the tools the GOP has been using to shape the conversation since the civil war

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
fair enough, i always interpreted/heard it as "it involves many more aspects than just temperature going up" but i can see how that works also

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Slanderer posted:

are you just laughing your rear end off at tartuffe the spry wonder dog or something?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
wrong thread

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 22, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fame Douglas posted:

Chapo is a podcast by uninformed hosts for idiots, of course they have dumb takes on everything.

what should they say about 1/6

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tweezer Reprise posted:

George Carlin had a bit about soft, euphemistic language and its tendency to make people sleep easier without having actually addressed the problem situation.

Perhaps this applies there.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Fame Douglas posted:

wrong thread
I'm sorry they roasted your focus group.

I can't imagine the kinds of people who are 100% gonna vote, 100% gonna vote major party, but can't decide which one. The only type of person who makes sense to me are liberal-leaning rich people who have to pick between their weakly-held cultural values and a tax cut.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Slanderer posted:

What do you mean "you people"

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

what should they say about 1/6

The phrase they coined that started it all:

Let's Go Brandon!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cosmik Slop posted:

What do you mean "you people"

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

ohrwurm posted:

It’s to make it sound like it’s just a natural occurrence rather than human caused

My understanding was that the name was changed so that people couldn't do the whole 'global warming? But the snow', poo poo, but I don't loving know

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Simiain posted:

My understanding was that the name was changed so that people couldn't do the whole 'global warming? But the snow', poo poo, but I don't loving know

That's right, but of course the response immediately became "oh, you can't even use a consistent term, backpedaling are we? How can we possibly believe all these SO-CALLED climate scientists in that case, etc etc"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

I already posted this with the proper "Let's go Brandon!"

Simiain posted:

Frank Luntz did tell Republicans to use "climate change" because it sounded less bad and as ohrwurm said it sounds more "natural".

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i visited a fox news comment section recently and theyre all just calling him "brandon" there.

like they go "brandon once again fails to address the high gas prices caused by him closing the keystone pipeline"

i knew the meme was popular but i hadnt realized it was to this extent

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thats how good memes work, they take on a life of their own and they proliferate into real life. He’s gonna be Brandon for the next 3 years.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If he would actually do anything cool or good people would actually defend Brandon Biden, but he sucks so he's Brandon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bust Rodd posted:

Thats how good memes work, they take on a life of their own and they proliferate into real life. He’s gonna be Brandon for the next 1 and a half years.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If he would actually do anything cool or good people would actually defend Brandon Biden, but he sucks so he's Brandon

People were saying "he got us out of Afghanistan!" but now it's gone from one kind of shithole to an entirely new kind of shithole, plus he's rattling the saber at Russia, so he can't even bank that anymore

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Vance’s scam is working on at least one person

https://twitter.com/nbcpolitics/status/1486015771067260932?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Honestly a big coup for him over Mandel.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I can think of one reason MTG might back Vance over Mandel

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Dignity posted:

Fair point

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No Dignity posted:

Explain it to the cheap seats (me)

I don't know anything about Mandel

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

He has the same types of digestion issues as Felix

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

he's a goblin.

you'll never catch Marjorie in bed with a goblin.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Vance’s scam is working on at least one person

https://twitter.com/nbcpolitics/status/1486015771067260932?s=21

no im pretty sure its just they're both being paid by Peter Thiel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

"we're going months without filling positions mostly because our HR vp believes we are all overpaid. the market believes otherwise. i wonder who will win."

:laffo:

gently caress.

gently caress me i love some tight labor market.