Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

The best way to tell is to check the transfer market, if it only says it's closed then you're too early, but once it says 100 hours or less until opening, you're good to go for training. I just tested it at the 100 hour mark and it's good.

That is a great benchmark and now i'll actually remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Wait I was supposed to wait to train form...? poo poo, no wonder we're so broke.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Form training isn't needed if you have a lot of hard trainers.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

:lol: It came to goal differential to determine this season's champion as well as one of the relegation spots (which went to a team I was not expecting). Another crazy season in the books now. Congrats to our new champ who won by 2 goals!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Ffs that's twice in 3 years I've missed the top spot on a narrow goal difference.

Still, managed a +5 and a +5 so hoping for a couple of double jumps.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Pretty happy with my first season playing, took over "Q to 12" and ended top of the lowest div..which is probably not impressive but they came last last season, so I'll take it.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I had a good run in the top league but I always felt like my team was drastically overperforming. I'll hopefully be back soon enough.

Congrats ABCDE FC!

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Thanks, gang! ABCDE FC went into that season having never won a game in Serie Goon and we ended up winning the whole shebang. In my wildest dreams I did not expect that to happen.

It's all downhill from here!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Solid change report, including the double jump on my 17/5. Only decreases were on players who are retiring and are bodies on the bench. Time to pick up some veterans to plug some holes and go for it in Serie Goon..

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I feel like my never quite got going the way I’d wanted. Couple young players coming in now but may be a bit late to start making a good run up, especially with the talent around the league!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

:siren: We have a team slot open if there are any lurkers out there looking to join. You can create a new team or take over the vacant one.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

yes... ha ha ha... YES

Time to terrorize (hopefully) the 2nd tier

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

River City has a good change report. Not good enough to make the team competitive in the second division, but oh well. Also after many seasons playing this game I have never gotten a player to double jump. I truly think it is a lie someone made up.

All the teams in the second division have a team valuation of 30 million. I am sitting here at 15 million. This going to be a long season.

Tiger Crazy fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 22, 2022

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Where do you see that version of the change report? When I pull that up it's just a few numbers in a line.

Edit: Oh, there it is. I swear it wasn't there when I looked last time. :v:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

mischief posted:

Where do you see that version of the change report? When I pull that up it's just a few numbers in a line.

Edit: Oh, there it is. I swear it wasn't there when I looked last time. :v:

Yeah, the change report through the menu is for the individual players, I wish it would also archive the ones that show up between seasons but sadly it does not.

My CR was not terribly impressive but I'm happy to finally be at the point now where I can put all of my core players on the pitch together without having to worry about rotating for DV or dropping below 25 average age. So I think this will be a good season for the Nerds but this is such a close league, so who knows.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I had a decent change report I guess. Super disappointed that my 17/5 with 8dv didn't double jump

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

So after clearing out the inactive teams, it brought our total down to 6 per division, but unfortunately that means most people in promotion slots didn't end up getting promoted... On the positive side, this means a quicker season and it's unlikely to happen again soon.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bring on the stats dump!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My team's going to be a buzzsaw by the time I get to the second divison

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Bring on the stats dump!

Here are your STATS!

This time I included everything except for the current team form since that doesn't matter right now.

Unfortunately, it finally happened - I didn't grab the pre-change report squad values in time. So here are the current squad values compared to the start of last season:

Highest squad value: Nerds of Prey, though effectively a 4-way tie with Honking Geese FC, Balamb FC, and Carnival Flayers

Most improved $-wise: Yee Valley FC, followed very closely by Slord FC

Most improved %-wise: Yee Valley FC, followed somewhat less closely by Slord FC

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
How does that happen? I'm Yee Valley and I've done nothing for the last season but log in and collect the weekly money.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Gooses and Geeses posted:

How does that happen? I'm Yee Valley and I've done nothing for the last season but log in and collect the weekly money.

Yet you have a squad worth as much as mine... Series Goon runner up in 2/3 seasons!

Did you get a couple of solid youth players and double jump them maybe?

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Player valuations in private leagues (all the privates share one transfer market) are extremely weird because of limited data, it's quite possible that you've got a player or two with some unique combination of age/skill/SQs that the only transfer data is overinflated from people essentially money laundering between teams. A few seasons ago I had a 34/4 worth 4 million for no reason.

I'd guess either you had some players age out of an undervaluation, or you've got a couple multimillion geriatrics in there.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I knew we were broke but geeeeez.

Edit: If anyone wants my slot I'm probably done. Going to stick to wordle I think.

mischief fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 7, 2022

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Once again it comes down to trying to beat The Honking Geese. It is rough since they are a large bird in a very small pond. Scoring on those evil birds should be celebrated. If I manage to win tomorrow it gives me a chance to win the league.

:whoptc:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Meanwhile after a great start to the season I've been snowed under with work plus jobhunting so completely poo poo the bed and gone from thinking I could win this to relegation candidates

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm skating by with draws, would be nice to get a few wins and climb out of relegation.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
This season has basically been a repeat of the prior season, though two of my forwards are actually having good seasons! Hopefully I can get a result against the Rovers tomorrow and maybe lock in both the title and promotion (for real this time)

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I'm genuinely honoured I'm still a worthy soaping target despite being relegated :patriot:

Has been a good scrap in the Elite Goonship this season! Flayer has been killing it.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

This season has been much tougher for me after winning every match last season... Obviously yall started paying attention too.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Balamb is all draws all the time. At least my DV is looking okay.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Cruised through another season, solid DV with one straggler in each set. Maybe this time I can get promoted!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Change reports are up. Hope everyone got what they wanted because I certainly didn’t! Not a double jump in sight.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Change reports are up. Hope everyone got what they wanted because I certainly didn’t! Not a double jump in sight.

I still maintain double jumps are a myth. My team randomly has stalled again with my best midfielder not getting a skill increase despite having 6 DV.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
This game is weird in how it judges team value. I think I had a good change report but my value went down from last season.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
zero double jumps but a whole lotta increases. I'll take it, methinks.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm afraid to look at my CR because I just know I'm getting at least 1 no increase.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Overall a bad change report but one double jump.

I guess relegation means I can build them up against less lethal opposition and maybe make another play for the title next season. Still bitter that in 5 seasons in the top flight I finished 2nd by goal difference twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oof. 4 of my key youth didn't even go up. +'s but no point. Season of low scoring draws hurts like a mother fucker.