Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Umm, it's not like I'd go to the old job site, I'd just show up at the new job.

But that is an incredibly lovely ruling. Let them go to work while the old employer cries, especially since they didn't want to pay them more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Koch Brothers making WI their playground combined with the WI Democratic Party being even more inept than the national party is going to keep having nationwide reprocussions

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This is loving ridiculous and I don’t even know how it’s enforceable. You can’t make someone go to work.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If ever there was a time for a horde of angry people to burn down a govt building...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bird in a Blender posted:

This is loving ridiculous and I don’t even know how it’s enforceable. You can’t make someone go to work.

They're not, the seven employees are basically unemployed until it's resolved

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

“At will” has always been Newspeak propagandist bullshit that really only empowered employers to fire you for no reason.

Like “pro-life” or “fiscal conservative”.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A whole shitload of Patriot Front's data got hacked, and there's some extremely sad videos in there.

Are you fitter then a wannabe Nazi?

https://twitter.com/afainatl/status/1485017162695819270

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BlindSite posted:

If ever there was a time for a horde of angry people to burn down a govt building...

The last time the Wisconsin Capitol Building got occupied, it didn't lead to much, to be honest.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

The last time the Wisconsin Capitol Building got occupied, it didn't lead to much, to be honest.

We got a tractor parade out of it!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can a laywer TFF'er give me a ELI5 summary of what even the legal argument is? Or precedent?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

A whole shitload of Patriot Front's data got hacked, and there's some extremely sad videos in there.

Are you fitter then a wannabe Nazi?

https://twitter.com/afainatl/status/1485017162695819270

Great video production by Antifa there.

Frustratingly, the nazi's are fitter than I was expecting. Granted I was expecting extremely unfit people.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what even the legal argument is? Or precedent?

Not a lawyer but I am guessing the argument is “waaa waaa waaa my peons quit and I want to punish them and those who hired them away waaaaaaaaa sniff”

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Excited about two new additions to our household today!

My birthday present was going to be a knife sharpening, but that sat for four months and transformed into a trip to the knife store to see if I wanted to make any upgrades. They had some real amazing looking damascus patterned chef's knives I liked the look of more, but the shape and balance of this one made it the standout. All of our others are the Wusthof baseline series, and I really wish there was more than just a difference in handles between their lines. The Classic series handles like the one on the curved paring knife in the picture feel so much better, but not buy an entirely new set of knives better.

Also a huge "what a difference two years makes" lol at me posting two years ago ITT half-mocking Forged in Fire, and now walking into a knife shop and discussing the damascus vs. san mai blades with my wife after watching four seasons of the show together.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo! Just found out a dude I knew growing up's parents were murdered and their home torched last night. Street I grew up in too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Can a laywer TFF'er give me a ELI5 summary of what even the legal argument is? Or precedent?

US courts are illegitimate and thus there doesn’t have to be a legitimate legal justification. The only goal is protection of the ruling class.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Holy poo poo! Just found out a dude I knew growing up's parents were murdered and their home torched last night. Street I grew up in too.

That's loving insane. I don't have any useful advice to give you. Try and be a good friend to your friend I guess?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Excited about two new additions to our household today!

My birthday present was going to be a knife sharpening, but that sat for four months and transformed into a trip to the knife store to see if I wanted to make any upgrades. They had some real amazing looking damascus patterned chef's knives I liked the look of more, but the shape and balance of this one made it the standout. All of our others are the Wusthof baseline series, and I really wish there was more than just a difference in handles between their lines. The Classic series handles like the one on the curved paring knife in the picture feel so much better, but not buy an entirely new set of knives better.

Also a huge "what a difference two years makes" lol at me posting two years ago ITT half-mocking Forged in Fire, and now walking into a knife shop and discussing the damascus vs. san mai blades with my wife after watching four seasons of the show together.

I absolutely love my Miyabi, I’m sure it’s going to treat you well. Mine holds its edge for a long time too, so you probably won’t have to sharpen it as often.

I won’t lie, there have been a couple of times where I’m at the mall with the SO and don’t have anything better to do, so I’ve stopped at Sur La Table and spent 15 minutes cutting potatoes with their knives.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That's loving insane. I don't have any useful advice to give you. Try and be a good friend to your friend I guess?

Yeah I don't know what to say to him. We're not close but I see him around every now and then because we live near each other and always give a wave and say g'day.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

They already have a suspect in custody

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

You wanna give that post another shot, or :chloe:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

You wanna give that post another shot, or :chloe:

I am truly sorry if my post on the Something Awful forums is insensitive, BlindSite

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nah all good man. Actually cracked me up. I'm doing fine guys really. Just concerned for the bloke I know.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Some days I realize I really all y’all’s posts in my own internal monologue voice then you hit me with this and I switch right to Bluey’s dad.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

Some days I realize I really all y’all’s posts in my own internal monologue voice then you hit me with this and I switch right to Bluey’s dad.

You mean you haven’t developed distinct posting voices for everyone here?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

You mean you haven’t developed distinct posting voices for everyone here?

In hindsight that would be far more strange

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Please read all my posts in the voice of Norm Gunderson, tia

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Freaquency posted:

I absolutely love my Miyabi, I’m sure it’s going to treat you well. Mine holds its edge for a long time too, so you probably won’t have to sharpen it as often.

I won’t lie, there have been a couple of times where I’m at the mall with the SO and don’t have anything better to do, so I’ve stopped at Sur La Table and spent 15 minutes cutting potatoes with their knives.

This is the first time I've gotten my knives sharpened since we first got them, so I'm expecting a night and day difference the next time I use them. Also planning to actually make use of that whetstone I bought when Fiz(?) recommended it. They were too far gone by that point.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Please read all my posts in the voice of Norm Gunderson, tia

Please read my posts in Warwick Davis's voice from Willow

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Just read mine in Keanu’s bad North Florida accent from Devil’s Advocate.

Or Ed Harris from Natty Treszsh 2 Book of Secrets, whose accent prep was just six weeks of watching 80s KFC commercials on loop.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Read my posts in the voice of your fattest uncle.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My voice is basically a gentile Harvey Fierstein if he took too many Valium, and I feel my posts reflect that

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I felt miserable with covid for more than 10 days.

I keep hearing about people who are basically right back at it after a couple days and I am green with envy!
My niece tested positive for Covid and was right back to her normal 100MPH self in 2 days. That meant she could go back to daycare in 5 days.

Her sister tested negative and had to stay out of daycare for 10 days. If she tested positive it would have been 5.

I had a rough and productive cough for 3 weeks at the same time my niece tested positive but no fever or loss of smell or any pain or tiredness and tested negative on a PCR test. I have no idea what I had but I still wore my mask and tried real hard not to cough. I'm vacced and boosted and if I have to get a booster with my flu vac every year then I will be there.

Everyone get better. Especially Silly Burrito because Braksgirl didn't lose her sense of smell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just heard the situation wasn't a murder and arson but a murder suicide. Sounds like his father killed his mother and then fired the house with himself inside.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I just got super hype about seeing my best friends Danny Ric and Lando in a cable playoff game commercial and my friends looked at me like I was stupid :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Everyone get better. Especially Silly Burrito because Braksgirl didn't lose her sense of smell.

:getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Just heard the situation wasn't a murder and arson but a murder suicide. Sounds like his father killed his mother and then fired the house with himself inside.

Yikes. Sorry that your buddy has to go through that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Checking out that Munich the edge of War movie on netflix. Pretty good, though a few minor historical inaccuracies around the declaration of war but pretty cool.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/fuckeduppizzas/status/1485076729840476160?t=sM5WkZGjgJebBAvZev4TxA&s=19

... I'd eat it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

... I'd eat it

You ok bro?