Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

empty whippet box posted:

I know that you're right about this but I don't know how anyone can, at this point, believe that things can or will ever improve in any way anywhere, ever again

I don't know, but it's exhausting watching the entire country just write off thousands of human lives every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What took them so long to spike? They were the chosen ones!!!

:japan:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Paradoxish posted:

I don't know, but it's exhausting watching the entire country just write off thousands of human lives every day.

that's why most ppl stopped watching

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
*claps hands* okay, show's over, back to brunch motherfuckers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

where’s the deceased

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the great 80s disappearing cows mystery

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

cows go in hamburger comes out you cant explain that

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Reverting back to a time where children didn't get to go out to eat: No! We can't go back! Children need experiences!

Reverting back to a time where children were frequently maimed and killed by disease: What can you do? Live with it!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Why isn't the media reporting on all the kids Biden didn't kill with COVID?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The Covid House Rules

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What took them so long to spike? They were the chosen ones!!!

is Japan still quarantining new arrivals? probably should or else this will keep happening.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dammerung posted:

Fun fact, I had a vacation planned for Japan in late February 2020. I bought the ticket and everything, and, well... sometimes, I just like to look at it. It's good for another year now. Maybe someday.

I feel for you. Our fridge has our meticulously planned Japan vacation stuck to it, been there for two years now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

They need to stop saying Fully Vaccinated. it's meaningless.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'm soaking some beans right now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nodelphi posted:

So apparently the slippery slope is real. I had a patient come in yesterday with a red swollen arm after being bitten by her cat. She wanted the wound cleaned but refused antibiotics because just like vaccines, she feels they are unnatural.

She also refused a tetanus shot.

I’ve had several patients now refuse tetanus shots since the covid vaccine became a political thing, but this is the first person I’ve had refuse antibiotics based on personal belief.

this is a problem that’ll resolve itself

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://i.imgur.com/qA3pP5k.mp4

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Stevie Lee posted:

i'm soaking some beans right now

Just had to throw out 20 lbs of pinto beans because they smelled like death, Fred Meyer has let me down. Good thing I have a few hundred pounds more from elsewhere.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The Covid House Rules

There are certain rules that one must abide by to successfully survive an airborne pandemic.

For instance, rule 1: you can never succ n gently caress
*thread boos*
big no no, big no no

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

They need to stop saying Fully Vaccinated. it's meaningless.

they should just start including all the dead people in the 'fully vaccinated' number and stop counting them as dead people

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Two coworkers out sick with Covid. Two others just recently got back after being out sick with Covid. We're getting close to a point where we won't be able to man every station if just a few more guys are out. And the school has decided to fully resume in-person classes in a few days, so we're going to be swamped with more customers than ever, with fewer cooks than ever, and with fewer student helpers than ever, and with weird new rules about pork, and with Omicron BA.2 waiting in the wings.

One of my buddies told me he isn't boosted yet because he knows he'll have a days-long terrible reaction to it and he doesn't want to get bitched at by management for missing work. The booster's mandatory for us, so he'll be getting it soon, but just lol

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
My favorite part of cooking beans is sifting through the bag to pick out any rocks.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Animal-Mother posted:

Two coworkers out sick with Covid. Two others just recently got back after being out sick with Covid. We're getting close to a point where we won't be able to man every station if just a few more guys are out. And the school has decided to fully resume in-person classes in a few days, so we're going to be swamped with more customers than ever, with fewer cooks than ever, and with fewer student helpers than ever, and with weird new rules about pork, and with Omicron BA.2 waiting in the wings.

One of my buddies told me he isn't boosted yet because he knows he'll have a days-long terrible reaction to it and he doesn't want to get bitched at by management for missing work. The booster's mandatory for us, so he'll be getting it soon, but just lol

Time to make bean gruel for all.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

cgeq posted:

My favorite part of cooking beans is sifting through the bag to pick out any rocks.

Don't slander the noble bean.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

I thought worrying about having to take sick days to get over vax side effects was a bit silly but now I"ve realized I've used up my max amount of sick days and I will either have to start using vacation days or take a pay cut if I'm out any more (at least until next month).

So I definitely empathize. It's just the dumbest situation.

"Go get vaccinated and boosted!"
"Can I get more sick days?"
"NO!"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/1484588551731879940?t=ye-HJc8s9iTaHr0QikjE1w&s=19

I'd say show that to the open biden folks you know but I'm sure they'd say the kid had it coming

:(

Oh well that's loving horrifying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lamo

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1485019321566957569?s=21

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

My cubicle neighbor was out for a month and a half with covid and the resulting pneumonia. He continues not wearing a mask. Astounding.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

The Wisest Moron posted:

My cubicle neighbor was out for a month and a half with covid and the resulting pneumonia. He continues not wearing a mask. Astounding.

he’s immune so he should act immune

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

The Wisest Moron posted:

can't let the cure be worse than the illness.

Live you life. Fear is the real disease.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

The Wisest Moron posted:

He got it over with

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

whoops everyone gets covid

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
remember that article that was like "how can NZ sustain unrestricted air travel AND covid zero?" looks like we got our answer

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/npfandos/status/1484175887784361985

"Nothing will fundamentally change - the elderly will continue to be thrown into woodchippers"

She's got those Michelle Bachmann crazy eyes

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/1484588551731879940?t=ye-HJc8s9iTaHr0QikjE1w&s=19

I'd say show that to the open biden folks you know but I'm sure they'd say the kid had it coming

:(

My son had pneumonia back in 2017 and spent 4 days in the hospital; he didn't have to go on a vent or anything but it was still heartbreaking seeing him with IVs and a nasal cannula.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/CarlosdelRio7/status/1484997114136571910

I've gotta start developing more comorbidities, otherwise I'll never qualify for mAbs

Uh, that’s a lovely as gently caress framework. There are four different lines and nothing about relative weighting or how they influence each other! It is nothing more than listing four different things that influence COVID outcomes and calling it a day. How is a doctor supposed to use that to triage the use of limited mabs?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

remember that article that was like "how can NZ sustain unrestricted air travel AND covid zero?" looks like we got our answer

i don’t know why you’d fight so hard for so long to do it right and just give up now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

every American has at least one red lmao