Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I want a never ending boss hallway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

I love exploration much more than bossfights so I'm fine with few or easy bosses but I beating a hard boss after many tens of tries (I suck) feels phenomenal so it's cool either way

Shameful. The path of adversity is the crucible that forges gamers. Reflect on your words and deeds.

Also did you play order of ecclesia yet?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

herculon posted:

Same except I want to pick up thirty items between every boss that I h as e to read the description of or else I’m a fake fan

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elden ring has every fromsoft game boss. believe it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to slam my nuts in a car door.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
no...no!!

I got the tude now posted:

Shameful. The path of adversity is the crucible that forges gamers. Reflect on your words and deeds.

Also did you play order of ecclesia yet?
drat, called out! thanks for the reminder. I've almost finished the entire GBA collection (meaning I have to sit down and finish Vampire's Kiss...almost got stage 6), so I know what's next

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

no...no!!

drat, called out! thanks for the reminder. I've almost finished the entire GBA collection (meaning I have to sit down and finish Vampire's Kiss...almost got stage 6), so I know what's next

It and portrait of ruin are way more compartmentalized than the sorrow games, but just as good. OoE is the hardest one by far, you’ll have fun with it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

herculon posted:

that's dark sun gwyndolin

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

It and portrait of ruin are way more compartmentalized than the sorrow games, but just as good. OoE is the hardest one by far, you’ll have fun with it
I've played OoE before! I just never beat it because I didn't get the trick for Dracula and he kept hitting me (have been spoiled by now). I found the bosses honestly kinda tedious but I wanted to replay it for a while to get a fresh perspective. And then maybe get secrets I missed, and do Albus mode.

I think I've beaten Portrait like three times, it's fun as hell!!!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Sorry for presuming you’re a castlevania noob. OoE has the best vertical boss in history IMO

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sorry for presuming you’re a castlevania noob. OoE has the best vertical boss in history IMO
it's cool, and we're cool

anyway I used the Return to Drangleic event as motivation to finally finish my all achievements run of DS2. It's mostly an excuse to check out NG+ (and ++) in Scholar because I have done it for vanilla before. I logged into my character that was already a good ways into NG+ to find out where I had to pick up.

Last bonfire: Shrine of Amana (first one)

oh

anyway I did that after some deaths I'm not too proud to admit and am now before Velstadt. I love the Crypt in this game so much, it's not big but it has a lot going on.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Been playing the Demon's Souls remake, been like 5 years since I played the OG, but it still holds up so well, just drawing you in. Level design is still some of the best in the series, plus the open nature of the archestones, while guiding you subtly when you reach an impase to try another world is so great. Teaches you to be flexible in your tactics.. Usually always went for the easy Dragon Sword playthrough, but sticking to a build is definitely more engaging, never gone Theif and sticking to dex.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/Adamantium19897/status/1484572970576142341?s=20

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I want to slam my nuts in a car door.

Imagining someone doing this the way gta characters open/close car doors

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Only doing the shura ending for the second time. Trying to get the isshin fight down since the last time I barely scraped through and called it good. What a great boss. Emma’s no slouch either, trickier than t he final genichiro with that grab thrown in. Gotta watch her hands

Really enjoying the shinibi tools on another file I’m working through. they’re deceptive in their effectiveness. It’s not like a castlevania subweapon, they have specific uses where they really gently caress up specific dudes and it’s fun to find out which is for which situation. Probably the soulsiest aspect of the game. Also it’s a perfect and amazing video game and I’m glad I’m alive to play it.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
just tried to read some of the games thread for sekiro to understand more of the lore for some of the endings i know i wont get rn

but hoooly poo poo lol it's just nerds whining that their mage builds from dark souls 2 dont carry over

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:goofy:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

just tried to read some of the games thread for sekiro to understand more of the lore for some of the endings i know i wont get rn

but hoooly poo poo lol it's just nerds whining that their mage builds from dark souls 2 dont carry over

you did this to yourself.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Lady Radia posted:

"What do you mean I have to learn the combat system? gently caress that, stupid railed game making me play it how it wants to play. How can it be called an rpg"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

imo the mage builds from dark souls 2 should carry over

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

just wait til your second playthough. you're playing it twice right?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

you did this to yourself.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
"What do you mean they built a game solely around the dex build from DS1?"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sekiro’s difficulty is absolutely ableist.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Sekiro’s difficulty is absolutely ableist.

Lmao completely forgot this epic games argument

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

im excited for difficulty in games discourse by journalists who didn't beat more than the first 5 hours or used mods when Elden Ring launches

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

drilling and training for some serious gatekeeping next month 💪

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

HolePisser1982 posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
someone discovered a major vulnerability that persisted across DS, DS2, and DS3 that allowed invaders to execute code on the the host's PC. the guy who discovered it apparently tried reaching out to FROM for a few days and didn't get anywhere, so he used it to crash some streamer's game and start reading some lovely copypasta over text-to-speech.

people did some digging and based on files from the elden ring network test, it appeared that it too would have the same problem on launch.

it looks like enough people complained about it for FROM to take action though.

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/1485210967009071108

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Prey slaughtered font* GOALPOSTS MOVED

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Practicing the button combo to spam “hello” and “I’m sorrry” quick items like jason bourne stripping down guns

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

circling klepek’s apartment blaring 2 Chainz’s Watch Out Little Bitch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted: