Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want a healer at a high level they just added sage. you can get it to cap in a couple of afternoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Having people get free jobs to max that they have no idea how to play is IMO not something they should be working towards doing more of. And I think they agree considering they never ever have done anything like the SMN/SCH split ever again.

Except they actively support that by adding new classes much closer to max than not. There's no good reason for them to add a new split class, but that doesn't mean the one that exists is anathematic to the rest of the game. It's just a legacy decision that harms no one.

The idea that the only way someone will understand a class is by paying their dues in the salt mines of 1-89 is nonsense. There are as many people who have leveled from 1 and have absolutely no idea how to play that class as there are people who skipped (either with SMN/SCH, a boost, or just an xpack class) but put in the hour it takes to figure out how their abilities work.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
New jobs that start at level 70 have a tutorial solo duty that teaches you the basics. Also you spend at least 20 levels learning how to play before you can do max level stuff. SMN and SCH do not have that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Summoner quests are still "use your tanking minion on these twenty guys so you don't die" so I don't think we can hope for much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder if I can use the unending journey to see how much they've changed the AST quests since I don't think anyone who posts here is really going to be in a position to comment

I guess any changes would probably be in incidental dialogue though which wouldn't be covered

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I just wish ACN/SMN wasnt stuck with the SCH weapon type

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

wrong! sch is stuck with the acn/smn book type

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Huh? SCH used books in FF3.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder if I can use the unending journey to see how much they've changed the AST quests since I don't think anyone who posts here is really going to be in a position to comment

I guess any changes would probably be in incidental dialogue though which wouldn't be covered

The only thing I can think of that would have to be changed is the one where you specifically use lunar aspected benefic to help repair the wards in Kugane. Presumably they just have you use regular aspected benefic now, since the stance no longer exists.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Finally got P3S down after doing it all weekend. I really don't like pugging that fight because there's a lot of mechanics that everyone has to do properly and you always have that one guy who messes it up. Hopefully it won't be as painful if i join reclear parties during the week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FIRST PULL OF THE NIGHT

I won the weapon too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vitamean posted:

SCH's icon is literally a pair of glasses. It's the nerd class. Keep the books, nerd.

Clarste posted:

I don't think that's what people have been talking about; the idea is that SCH would start at level 30 as a brand new job (with minor rewrites to the intro quest). Creating an entire new set of 1-30 job quests seems like more effort. This solution would let you start as CNJ and switch over to SCH at level 30, like you would for say MNK and SAM right now. As opposed to being forced to level proto-SMN for 1-30 before you can heal.
I forgot the matter of needing job quests 1-30. When you put it like that I guess decoupling it is nearly as good in terms of flexibility.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Oxyclean posted:

SCH's icon is literally a pair of glasses.

:psyduck: what

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IIRC, it's specifically supposed to be a Pince-nez

Other job icon fun facts off the top of my head: RDM is a combo of WHM and BLM. (upside-down WHM staff + BLM meteor trail) and SAM's is the guard on the Katana. (Which has a name that I've forgotten.)

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

While that's true for RDM, it's also just a rapier.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Clarste posted:

They should decouple SCH and SMN because I, fursonally, consider it a penalty that they both level up at once since I never get to have the leveling experience as one of them.

Hrothgar I take it

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Begemot posted:

The only thing I can think of that would have to be changed is the one where you specifically use lunar aspected benefic to help repair the wards in Kugane. Presumably they just have you use regular aspected benefic now, since the stance no longer exists.

As someone who recently took AST from 60 to 80 I can confirm that yes, you simply just cast aspected benefic.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Oxyclean posted:

SAM's is the guard on the Katana. (Which has a name that I've forgotten.)

The tsuba.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

admanb posted:

The idea that the only way someone will understand a class is by paying their dues in the salt mines of 1-89 is nonsense. There are as many people who have leveled from 1 and have absolutely no idea how to play that class as there are people who skipped (either with SMN/SCH, a boost, or just an xpack class) but put in the hour it takes to figure out how their abilities work.
considering you have people literally in this thread saying they have scholar at 90 for healer role quests but have no idea how it works specifically because of it leveling with summoner, i dont think this bears out.

sage starts at 70, not 90. job boosts get you to 80, not 90. for every other job in the game you at least have to play them a tiny bit. im not saying theres a plague of scholars who dont know how to play in savage party finder, but i am saying that that experience probably contributes to people not bothering to learn scholar and the weird 'scholar sucks now' 'scholar is dead killed by sage rip' posting when scholar is the most fun, fluid, and best healer in the game right now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm closing in on the flying Poptart (Triple Triad mount)... But two of the cards are from the Nier Alliance Raid (ugh) and I have to roll against 23 other people to get them (UGH).

I yearn for the sweet release of death. :negative:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have no issues with how smn/sch currently works

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Vitamean posted:

Um, technically, SMNs use grimoires and SCHs use codices.
:goonsay:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Oxyclean posted:

90 exdr question: Is Stigma Dreamscape just playing eScape? For some reason I had thought it was a different mix.

It's the Primals version of the song.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wish Summoner had a tomestone book. Like a tablet size Allagan e-reader

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hmm this right here is pretty lame:

My friend tells me they were grandfathered in from back when one player was allowed to have multiple houses. That seems... ridiculous, considering how hard it is to get a house.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is extremely dumb that they havent taken away the dozens of extra houses some people own.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Awesome! posted:

it is extremely dumb that they havent taken away the dozens of extra houses some people own.

That sounds like communism to me buddy! How about instead we let these people who were canny enough to buy up all the housing rent it out to people who don't have a house!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Introduce a rapidly ramping tax for every property you own past the first, until the monthly bill for each individual home is higher than the combined total worth of the houses, maybe?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Introduce a rapidly ramping tax for every property you own past the first, until the monthly bill for each individual home is higher than the combined total worth of the houses, maybe?

That sounds like a bill of attainder to me.

(yoship just email like the total players who benefit from this and tell them they get a week to pick one house to keep)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regalingualius posted:

I'd support this both in ffxiv and in real life

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

78 SHB I can't loving believe meol is actually people sin eater people who turned into sin eaters from eating a bunch of meol. Just the most hosed up circle of life possible. I had a theory that Vauthry was somehow a primal up until this point, but this is so much worse.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thundarr posted:

(yoship just email like the total players who benefit from this and tell them they get a week to pick one house to keep)

Yeah, simple as that tbh. It might be a hilariously small number that doesn't make an appreciable difference in housing availability for most people, but just limit people to one house, and one FC apartment to throw them a little bone if they just like having more things to decorate.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really wish you could get bigger apartments in this game. I'm probably never going to get a house and honestly don't need one, but I'd like a place that lets me place more vendors and more interesting decoration.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

King of Solomon posted:

I really wish you could get bigger apartments in this game. I'm probably never going to get a house and honestly don't need one, but I'd like a place that lets me place more vendors and more interesting decoration.

2 story apartment or double wides would be nice, my apartment is starting to feel extremely small with some of the stuff I have going on, and there's a lot of larger stuff I'd like to place that's just not feasible.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Algid posted:

While that's true for RDM, it's also just a rapier.
Yeah that too lol

Draga posted:

The tsuba.
Gesundheit.

Macaluso posted:

Hmm this right here is pretty lame:

My friend tells me they were grandfathered in from back when one player was allowed to have multiple houses. That seems... ridiculous, considering how hard it is to get a house.
Yeah, that seems real dumb. Given the state of things there's no reason they shouldn't be going "sorry, pick one and sell the rest by <deadline>" not unlike how old currencies are treated.
e: Also had out a short suspension for that second one

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

When you max out a custom delivery’s reputation, are the turn-ins the same for everyone, or is it all individualized? Just asking because it’s kind of a pain to go globe trotting every week to see who has bonus turnins

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

When you max out a custom delivery’s reputation, are the turn-ins the same for everyone, or is it all individualized? Just asking because it’s kind of a pain to go globe trotting every week to see who has bonus turnins

You don't need to globe trot - Custom Deliveries are under the Timers menu (under Duty I think) and you can quickly scan through them there.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Professor Beetus posted:

2 story apartment or double wides would be nice, my apartment is starting to feel extremely small with some of the stuff I have going on, and there's a lot of larger stuff I'd like to place that's just not feasible.

Yeah exactly. I'd be happy being able to place more vendors, but there are so many reasons to let you get a bigger apartment.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Copingway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

They were recently set to be the same reward for everyone, but different NPCs will have different bonuses for the week. So just look for two that have the bonus you want and do theirs, even if their crafts are 40 levels lower than you.