Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

LanceHunter posted:

The whole Pauly Shore phenomenon makes a lot more sense when you learn that his mother was Mitzi Shore, who owned The Comedy Store in LA (and was thus the absolute make-or-break gatekeeper for anyone trying to have a major standup career).

There it is. couldn’t remember what the nepotism was

Imagine being high enough to choose to watch partly shore, but not high enough to enjoy it. The best psa against smoking pot I’ve ever heard

Probably the best/worst nepotism are the ones that are so obvious you almost forget them. The Frank Stallone and Jim Bellushis of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pauly shore… more like… Partly poo poo :twisted:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

that trailer for the poo poo comedy has made me watch the rlm movie 43 review for the first time since 2013

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Thinking about that post

Move over bust rodd. The thread's got a new weirdo

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Pauly shore… more like… Partly poo poo :twisted:

Is pauly shore terrible or just his comedy? I vaguely remember he was relatively cool in the decent person sense but I could be wrong

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Is there anything more wild in this earth than posting

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is pauly shore terrible or just his comedy? I vaguely remember he was relatively cool in the decent person sense but I could be wrong

Apparently today he's about as well-adjusted as you can expect from a kid who grew up around a ton of coked up comics. Though he was a bit infamous in his MTV Spring Break days.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/starwars_chars/status/1485323966780641284?t=_QXLHYtR275rOEUsWOFZTA&s=19

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Disney+ The Scroll of Sh'tk'ith series when

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Look. I’ve met an actual Ssi-Ruu or two in my day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

Disney+ The Scroll of Sh'tk'ith series when

I'm looking forward to The Fable of Firwirrung, myself

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Imagine being high enough to choose to watch partly shore, but not high enough to enjoy it. The best psa against smoking pot I’ve ever heard

Probably the best/worst nepotism are the ones that are so obvious you almost forget them. The Frank Stallone and Jim Bellushis of the world

imagine if all the nepotism in Hollywood was Thanos snapped overnight. movies would actually be good again. people around the world would join hands and all war would be over. I'm crying just thinking about it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

finally got to watch the green night. made the mistake of watching it in broad daylight in a well lit room. couldnt see half of the movie. well anyway its brave to make a film these days in which your main character is a weak coward who learns not to covet his cum rag.

for real though i liked it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think green knight was bad per se but it was severely overhyped. Even the normally wary posters were too credulous

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I thought it was pretty cool

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I don't think it really got hyped much after it came out. There was a Lot of hype before it came out but the response here was no more than "good" at best afterwards I feel like. Kinda just got swept under the rug

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I always react to upcoming movies with the precise amount of hype necessary. Hit that bell icon and subscribe to my posts for the objectively correct amount of hype.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Jay tricked me and I watched The Empty Man, it had like 2 good scenes and a wack ending

At the time it felt like it could have benefitted from being a short series rather than a movie - except I then watched Archive 81 which has very similar beats and is also mid

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

poisonpill posted:

Jim Belushi isn't bad. At least better than Frank Stallone, though I doubt Jim would be famous without John.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I watched Old earlier, it was actually really funny and entertaining tbh. Well worth watching with friends.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Victis posted:

Jay tricked me and I watched The Empty Man, it had like 2 good scenes and a wack ending

I ended up watching that False Positive due to Jay, and yeah, it's definitely a movie Jay would recommend.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched Old earlier, it was actually really funny and entertaining tbh. Well worth watching with friends.

the laughable kid dialogue was consistently terrible but it paid off at the end? kinda? didnt see that coming

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

I ended up watching that False Positive due to Jay, and yeah, it's definitely a movie Jay would recommend.

It has a Malignant-like ending where everything goes way off the loving rails but it's very boring before that and not worth the watch.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

this is like mental tickling to me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching The Last Duel on HBO Max and that rape scene just made me so uncomfortable. I mean I guess that was the point, but was showing all that really necessary? Jesus, Ridley.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

that was the point

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Milo and POTUS posted:

he went on the hollywood handbook podcast a few years ago and didn't seem to understand the joke of the show and was hostile and defensive the whole time

at some point one of the hosts said "wheezing the joo-uice" and pauly got really mad and told them they were saying it wrong and they sound like faggots

I was kinda surprised that a guy who dressed like this in the 90s was so homophobic

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

I always react to upcoming movies with the precise amount of hype necessary. Hit that bell icon and subscribe to my posts for the objectively correct amount of hype.

I would unironically support this channel on patreon

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

What the gently caress happened to Adrian Brody? He was great in Peaky Blinders, how does an Oscar winner fall this far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv7sWpl6eNg

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

I saw the first two Lord of the Rings movies in theaters but to this day never got around to watching Return of the King. I decided to watch the extended editions but with a restriction: since the movies total about 12 hours, I'm watching one hour at a time and stopping like a TV series. It's much more tolerable than sitting through a four hour movie and I'm enjoying it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Tip posted:

he went on the hollywood handbook podcast a few years ago and didn't seem to understand the joke of the show and was hostile and defensive the whole time

at some point one of the hosts said "wheezing the joo-uice" and pauly got really mad and told them they were saying it wrong and they sound like faggots

I was kinda surprised that a guy who dressed like this in the 90s was so homophobic

"Lol this homophobe looks soooooooo gay lmao" is a hell of a take in 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andro Dunos posted:

I saw the first two Lord of the Rings movies in theaters but to this day never got around to watching Return of the King. I decided to watch the extended editions but with a restriction: since the movies total about 12 hours, I'm watching one hour at a time and stopping like a TV series. It's much more tolerable than sitting through a four hour movie and I'm enjoying it.

what the actual gently caress

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Andro Dunos posted:

OK whatever floats your boat

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It could've been implied (and it was until fairly late in the movie) and that would've been enough for me. Showing it like the movie did just seems gratuitous and gross.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Rageaholic posted:

It could've been implied (and it was until fairly late in the movie) and that would've been enough for me. Showing it like the movie did just seems gratuitous and gross.

They showed it to make sure there was no ambiguity about what happened, so you don't leave any room for anyone to say "well, maybe she just gave the wrong signals," or "maybe the guy just misinterpreted what happened."

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kingo Ligma posted:

"Lol this homophobe looks soooooooo gay lmao" is a hell of a take in 2022

not at all what I was saying

he seemed like a dude who was laid back, cool, and secure in his sexuality

was not expecting him to be the type to lash out with homophobic slurs

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Tip posted:

Acceptable language changes over time, even for people who are otherwise pretty cool.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tip posted:

yeah wtf Kingo? Kingo what in the sam hill has gotten into you! C'mon Kingo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PeterCat posted:

Acceptable language changes over time, even for people who are otherwise pretty cool.

Pauly Shore was never cool