Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bob Socko posted:

Saw this on the Twitter

https://twitter.com/dereklowe/status/1484700920269127681?s=21
So if there are any claimed sightings over North America last night, we’ve got a very reasonable non-ufo explanation.

can I still shoot at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

That Spooky Witch posted:

i'll let u know if you're wrong when i assume non corporeal form if this subject becomes object

heres my drawing of the pink box RV:

my first impressions were round dense/heavy and dark, that was the clearest and most immediate impression i got thru my try, i only saw it like 2 dimensionally briefly and really distinctly, i couldn't tell if it was a light at the top making it seem sorta like indented or if it was indented so i drew it like a shovel head. then separately later i saw some lines, and i drew them on top of the the thing, saw some lines coming off the sides of the dark thing, and then at the end of it i saw a triangle and that was all.

even if me piecing it together as a shovel was not right, i was very pleasantly surprised to see the result!

thats very good!
shape and density and the seam too. i think from 6? guesses we got two that could be considered partial hits, certainly some spot on impressions were gathered.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I am Ra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ToFXHW5pg&t=55s

Sun Ra

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Just want to report back that after starting out slowly, I am right sucked into The Dark Forest now

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

and just think, there’s still another one after that!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bob Socko posted:

Saw this on the Twitter

https://twitter.com/dereklowe/status/1484700920269127681?s=21
So if there are any claimed sightings over North America last night, we’ve got a very reasonable non-ufo explanation.

Set an alarm and went out and saw a 737 through the clouds it was very exciting for a moment

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

that's fine. i need to temper this more, but my only pointed question is why pre-emptively draw attention to it like this and say it's nothing?

historically our govt does that when it's actually something?

I mean there is a track record...

whatever i'm fine with it being nothing i just feel like it's better to never take these folks at their word.
Most upper stages do fuel dumps, they're just not usually visible over the US due to trajectory and timing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wheeee posted:

and just think, there’s still another one after that!

He'll yeah! And I hear it's stronger than the second

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

Most upper stages do fuel dumps, they're just not usually visible over the US due to trajectory and timing.

that scans, danke

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

I'm still a few pages back in this, my favorite thread, but I wanted to thank Sleekly for confirming me as a psychic mastermind.

I was into remote viewing briefly in the 90s, maybe I have posted this already, got into it via "Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies", this was back when even dirtbags like myself would read random paperbacks for entertainment, that's all there was.

My then girlfriend and I would use whatever protocol was outlined in that book to choose locations on the globe and translate the lat / long into some arbitrary code that you give to the other person. The results were always spooky accurate (I remember the Eiffel Tower being a real mindfuck), but I always chalked it up to telepathy, which felt way more believable than actual remote viewing.

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

Also the stuff Rickshaw posted about the RGB signals and how that has to indicate a human-like eye got me thinking about time travelers again, like maybe once you figure out time travel, tic tac like behavior becomes trivial as you do heelie sneaker moves all over mini-micro-seconds of time and you can just be wherever whenever. You don't even need especially good propulsion if you have a hacker's control of time and can just glitch your way around.

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

Also the Illinois floating house, what? Two people independently report a floating loving McMansion, what?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blood magick is powerful intoxicating poo poo; there's a reason it damns you to torment

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

apatheticman posted:

Quantum immortality is real, we all live forever just not with each other.

Hope this helps

ah cool but what about that thing about us being part of a whole

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Psychosomatic resurrection

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Think of death as a tentacle retracting back into a body; like one of those deep sea worms that live near thermal vents

Death is your higher self contracting out of a bit of firmament but the whole goes nowhere

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Is this actually the witches and warlocks thread now goddamn you guys are just beyond parody

do u want to come over to my house for ouija board and rogan? my mom is out of town all weekend!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pryor on Fire posted:

Is this actually the witches and warlocks thread now goddamn you guys are just beyond parody

do u want to come over to my house for ouija board and rogan? my mom is out of town all weekend!

lol

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pontificating rear end posted:

ah cool but what about that thing about us being part of a whole

We can choose to get reincarnated after we figure out the immortality thing.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pryor on Fire posted:

ordinarily i would be all for ouija board but ive got a visitor from out of town all weekend

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Congrats fool ya hexed yourself

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I tried to curse Pryor on fire but the djinn was just like "I can't do anything to that mess he hasn't already done to himself"

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pryor on Fire posted:

it is and by posting in it you too have been inducted into the weirding school of bird magic

yer a wizzzzard now, Pryor!!!!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Pryor on Fire posted:

You seem to have a real problem with this thread, but you keep coming back to post in it. Why is that? :allears:

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

ouija and chill

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

me and the boys posting in the UAP thread, apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

already astral'd into your home and stolen your ouija board. go ahead go look. you dont have one.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

jrooti says u like fight song lmao sorry i cant come over

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pryor on fire is radar

hes testing us

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rah! posted:

pryor on fire is radar

hes testing us

Should just send us all a speed ball and see if we light ourselves on fire or not. Like a first contact skills test. But with, er, cocaine

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i conventionally viewed this post in gbs

Horrorosaurus posted:

btw CSPAM, the most insane of all these experiments we call the forums, has an alien thread but it's so ironical you guys, just "bird watching for laughs lol" and you can always assume they're just dudes laughing along because they end every thought with "lol"

It's so ironical they're now trying to guess each others thoughts or something and it's just for laughs u guys lol but hey preeeetty close there let's try another round because one moron got a color right and that's pretty darn good right lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

im guessing ur thoughts rn horrsaurus

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

like i get it, its funny in its terrible way. he made plenty of jokes about it so i guess we all have permission to laugh at the idea. but still. why would you name yourself after of a black man setting himself on fire and being permanently disfigured? the rhyme?

he admitted later in life it was a suicide attempt. just username funnin i guess.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Lmao

Wonder if these were the same dudes breathlessly running around in the nineties proclaiming WWF is totally fake you guys

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Once again UFO thread confirmed as best thread

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

this fool probably doesn't even know how to use the Lesser Seals of Solomon to guarantee victory during family Pictionary night. lol.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i had a paralysis dream that i willed myself awake from in the early morning

immediately after i saw solitary eyes that looked animalistic but intelligent looking at me that would then float upward before disappearing

the last one was dark with a shadowy aura and locking gaze with it sent a chill down my spine

i had a big rear end cup of coffee afterward and everything has been normal since lmao

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hag'd
many such cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

horrorsaurus thinkin about beans rn
turning off my hemisphere now