Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy Vampire Survivors because of all the people singing it's praises here, and uh... It's a lot of fun.

Everyone should pick it up. It's just $3. Probably cheaper than you spend on a coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is the demo for Expeditions Rome any good? I would like to try that out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the demo for Expeditions Rome any good? I would like to try that out.

Well, it's a demo, soooooo.....

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Well, it's a demo, soooooo.....

I mean is it a good representative of the game or is it a slice of a weak intro?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gives you a good slice of the first chapter. You can use your save game in the main game if you decide you like it enough to buy it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Velocity Raptor posted:

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy Vampire Survivors because of all the people singing it's praises here, and uh... It's a lot of fun.

Everyone should pick it up. It's just $3. Probably cheaper than you spend on a coffee.

one of those games that doesnt feel like it should be as fun as it is. I hope it remains this way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

me: kills a bat
me: gets a gem
me: i'd like to do this forever for some reason

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I was positive that was going to be the monster hunter thread.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

acksplode posted:

You have no way of knowing that. This is a years old vulnerability, someone could have been quietly exploiting it in a way that doesn't crash your game or fullscreen a Thanos meme. And now that the vulnerability is widely known, you have to assume people are now looking for it.
To add to this, there's a psychological component as well:
If gray or blackhats know there's a hole somewhere, they're more likely to go search for it than if they don't know there is one - because just knowing there is one means it's much more lucrative time spent than randomly poking code (although statistically, at 100-1000 lines of code per bug, for any software it's just a matter of time).

This is also why governments backdooring cryptography primitives is never going to work out and only cause everyone to lose.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

buglord posted:

one of those games that doesnt feel like it should be as fun as it is. I hope it remains this way.

100%'d the game today, I hope they have big early access plans but I'm happy with what I got.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
What am I doing with Poe ? What's his deal ?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Hey neat, a new Momodora game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1747760/Momodora_Moonlit_Farewell/?curator_clanid=4777282&utm_source=SteamDB

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Cryptozoology posted:

What am I doing with Poe ? What's his deal ?

he starts with garlic which is the absolute king at the start, you vaporize everything in the first 6 to 10 minutes before it can get to you

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Fromsoft is working on it :toot:

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/1485210967009071108

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I see "giant boss you have to hit in the tits" is becoming a Momodora theme for some reason, even though the first 3 games didn't have that

At least they went back to pixel art after experimenting with 3D in Minoria

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't wait for Sex with Hitler to become the new thread sensation.

Steam really need to at least try have some level of quality control.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

PowerBeard posted:

Was just about to post this. I did not need to start my day with a cat-o-nine tales up Hitler's rear end.

*Post GIF of Michael finding a Pidgeon in the fridge here.*

Edit: Also, Hitler needs better Trigger Discipline.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 23, 2022

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

PLAYISM is really pushing it all today. Gnosia on Steam, La-Mulana 2 DLC, and now this

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PowerBeard posted:

You'd think that someone making a Hitler game would take the time to get the mustache right.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

The United States posted:

I see "giant boss you have to hit in the tits" is becoming a Momodora theme for some reason, even though the first 3 games didn't have that

At least they went back to pixel art after experimenting with 3D in Minoria

It was a while ago, and it was twitter, and I could be overthinking/misremembing it, but I recall there was some anxiety/frustration/depression here and there from the dev on the negative reception of Minoria and how everyone just gushes about Momodora ROTM above all else, that I'm almost worried they might feel pigeonholed into just creating that same game (and as you pointed out, the same 'giant boss you have to hit in the tits") since it's what everyone seems to want instead of possible new experiments. Again, probably overthinking due to the confusing nature of twitter (if someone followed them and had a different impression I'd be glad to be mistaken) and I'm sure it'll be a lovely game.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

ultrafilter posted:

You'd think that someone making a Hitler game would take the time to get the mustache right.

Also he is pictured with both testicles. Historical accuracy be damned! :argh:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Isn't there some law for certain countries where you can't sell a WW2 game with nazi iconography or Hitlers likeness in it. So this game has real "We have Hitler at home" energy.

[EDIT]: The law may also apply to Hitlers genitals / testicle...

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Maybe beforehand they went on a date to Albert Hall to pick it up.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Protocol7 posted:

Also he is pictured with both testicles. Historical accuracy be damned! :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PowerBeard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKmq7UMJys

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010

Samopsa posted:

he starts with garlic which is the absolute king at the start, you vaporize everything in the first 6 to 10 minutes before it can get to you

Yeah I just unlocked unlocked him, saw the garlic. Thats a w for sure

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1591620/LaMulana_2_The_Tower_of_Oannes/

La-Mulana 2 DLC just dropped. I'm a moron and still haven't figured out how to get into the DLC yet so it's living up to my hopes so far.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

PowerBeard posted:

Forgot what thread I was in and assumed this was some new nft

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone played Epic Chef? It's on offer until tomorrow and it looks like it might be a cute sort of Stardew/Portia thing but I'm worried the humour will be too obnoxious to handle.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ymgve posted:

PLAYISM is really pushing it all today. Gnosia on Steam, La-Mulana 2 DLC, and now this

Wait, what? *checks Steam*

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608290/GNOSIA/

Oh, it's out!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Crossposting from the Early FPS Megathread since Epic hasn't given their games a Steam sale since Februari of 2019. I didn't even know there could be a Steam key for this.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1485336784250683394
(coupon code saves you 33 cents)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 23, 2022

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mierenneuker posted:

Crossposting from the Early FPS Megathread since Epic hasn't given their games a Steam sale since Februari of 2019. I didn't even know there were Steam keys for this.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1485336784250683394
(coupon code saves you 33 cents)

Hey, thanks! Finally finishing my Unreal collection.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

based on the note at the bottom it also is the final Momodora game, I guess that dev is moving on to something new

I finished Nobody Saves the World. it was pretty good but I didn't do all the side dungeons because, honestly, the procgen for the dungeons was pretty bad. i was acutely aware they were randomly generated at all times, which you don't really want to feel when you're in a randomized map. but they just use very few variants on the prefab rooms and the dungeons are just differently skinned versions of the same algorithm

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ErrEff posted:

Wait, what? *checks Steam*

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608290/GNOSIA/

Oh, it's out!

Gnosia is super cool and weird, I recommend it. While there are some visual novel elements to it, be aware for better or for worse you will be playing an actual mafia/werewolf style game against AI and it's pretty fun figuring out their quirks and manipulating them. Just don't expect a straightforward VN experience or something like Danganronpa or whatever

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Having just finished Gnosia on the Switch a week ago, don't go in and expect an "Among us" Visual Novel. It's a Werewolf/Mafia game set in a time loop, but it also has a definite ending, good characters and setting/art. There's some very light Visual Novel elements with small events that play out in the overarching story.

Overall it's a very unique experience and I'd highly recommend it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what the hell is up with the audio mixing in hitman 3? I can't hear anyone speaking until I'm breathing on them, and it's all strangely muted. Default audio settings

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Ciaphas posted:

what the hell is up with the audio mixing in hitman 3? I can't hear anyone speaking until I'm breathing on them, and it's all strangely muted. Default audio settings

Try messing with the dynamic range in the options. If you go with a lower range, it should reduce the volume difference between the loudest and quietest sounds.

Also make sure you have the correct setting applied - TV, stereo, or system (for surround). If you have system selected, but you don't have surround capable device, then it's gonna sound weird. Additionally, if you do have a surround capable device (like a headset) make sure the device is set to output in surround.

I have a 7.1 surround headset, and it has a toggle to go between stereo output and full surround. If I have it set to stereo, but a game set to surround, then the audio gets messed up, mix-wise.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FrickenMoron posted:

Having just finished Gnosia on the Switch a week ago, don't go in and expect an "Among us" Visual Novel. It's a Werewolf/Mafia game set in a time loop, but it also has a definite ending, good characters and setting/art. There's some very light Visual Novel elements with small events that play out in the overarching story.

Overall it's a very unique experience and I'd highly recommend it.

if you actually want a mafia visual novel btw, get Raging Loop

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Sex with Hitler is what finally got me to turn off adult games in the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Nobody Saves The World came out without much fanfare but it's worth checking out if you're a fan of the genre(s).

It's a mashup of different RPG and ARPGs by the Guacamelee team (which I'll admit I never played), has a decent sense of humor, and has some unique combat mechanics as well - instead of just your typical "level up, allocate skills, and find new equipment" loop it goes for a multiple active character approach where you can switch between any of 15 unlockable characters whenever you want (or need...), as well as mix and match their unique skills to keep things interesting.

Gameplay-wise it feels closest to Deathspank, with Zelda LTTP's map and Castle Crasher's combat without the stupidly large health pools, but it takes influences from everywhere honestly. I had a hard time figuring out why it felt so familiar and settled on Deathspank as the reason, but even that game is just a melting pot of mechanics from other games tossed together. The quest system felt like Tomba!'s, map traversal has some elements similar to HMs from the Pokemon series, wards are a little bit like enemy weaknesses in Octopath Traveler, and it all plays together nicely.

I don't know if it'll keep the pace up once I unlock all the characters but ~4.5 hours in so far and it still feels good.

The Gripper fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 24, 2022