Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Tom Brady is a big dumb diaper baby and I hate him. I've had worse split lips from bumping into things.

I don't do the gdt since it was made clear to me I was not welcome there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Tom Brady is a big dumb diaper baby and I hate him. I've had worse split lips from bumping into things.

hating tom brady is fine in any thread, friend

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

hating tom brady is fine in any thread, friend

:hmmyes:

Also everyone is welcome in the GDT, feel free to come actively hate on Brady with the rest of us.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
GDTs are impossible to sit through whenever Brady plays because it’s just a constant stream of people jerking off every time Brady does something, especially if it’s a mistake. If he does something good it’s complaining that he cheats or whatever. And I don’t even gaf about Brady

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Seeing Rodgers and Brady lose on consecutive days is more than I deserve.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

GDTs are impossible to sit through whenever Brady plays because it’s just a constant stream of people jerking off every time Brady does something, especially if it’s a mistake. If he does something good it’s complaining that he cheats or whatever. And I don’t even gaf about Brady

Yeah the GDTs are 95% people trying to convince themselves Brady's career is a failure because he lost a game or made a bad play

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The influx of playoff posters hasn't helped but I still like gdt posting during ad breaks.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Braksgirl posted:

Who the hell??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We switched from Taxact to FreeTaxUSA.com because Taxact went from 15 bucks to $50-$100 or so.

FreeTaxUSA is $0 for Federal, $14.99 for state and there's usually a $2 coupon floating around. Not as pretty as Taxact but it got the job done and came out with the same numbers as Taxact.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

You are always welcome in the GDT. If anyone says otherwise, they're the ones who can get the gently caress out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

We switched from Taxact to FreeTaxUSA.com because Taxact went from 15 bucks to $50-$100 or so.

FreeTaxUSA is $0 for Federal, $14.99 for state and there's usually a $2 coupon floating around. Not as pretty as Taxact but it got the job done and came out with the same numbers as Taxact.

The tax sites try to bury it and make it hard to find but they're required by law to offer free tax services for up to a certain amount. Can't remember what it was but I can still file free with turbotax

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

You are always welcome in the GDT. If anyone says otherwise, they're the ones who can get the gently caress out.

:haibrower:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That's your personal failure.

Okay gently caress it, I'm a Maoist.

Fake edit, I caught the spelling mistake before I hit send, but I did originally refer to myself as a Moist.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Braksgirl posted:

Do we need to rough some fuckers up?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

The tax sites try to bury it and make it hard to find but they're required by law to offer free tax services for up to a certain amount. Can't remember what it was but I can still file free with turbotax

The only problem is that we need a couple of other forms to report the travel agent information and the other services hide those behind the "premier" or "self-employed" tiers even if you fall under the tax amount like you mentioned. Stupid, but that's how it is.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I don’t even remember who said something to me because it was a while ago but I just remember feeling kind of hurt by it because I’d only posted in there a couple of times. I don’t really have a thin skin and I can poo poo talk with the best of them but the comment was so mean-spirited that I just said “gently caress it” and vowed never to go in there again. I don’t really care that much about GDT so I just steer clear. I just don’t want to be in a place where people are going to be lovely to me for no reason, you know?

The best GDT interaction I’ve had is Rinaldo insulting my living room rug so it wasn’t all bad.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

I don’t even remember who said something to me because it was a while ago but I just remember feeling kind of hurt by it because I’d only posted in there a couple of times. I don’t really have a thin skin and I can poo poo talk with the best of them but the comment was so mean-spirited that I just said “gently caress it” and vowed never to go in there again. I don’t really care that much about GDT so I just steer clear. I just don’t want to be in a place where people are going to be lovely to me for no reason, you know?

The best GDT interaction I’ve had is Rinaldo insulting my living room rug so it wasn’t all bad.

In case you missed it in the flurry of posts around the last touchdown, I like the rug.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Lol thanks. It was $80 at Costco which is why I bought it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wasn't lying about having a similar rug

Here's my puppers from about a month ago napping on it

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Aw, sweet baby. To be fair, I like your rug better than mine. Fwiw, I really don't care if people diss my rug, it's just fun to play along like I do. It was a cheapie that I used to cover kid and dog stains on carpet we no longer even have plus my cat has scratched up one corner of it anyway so it's getting replaced at some point.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I don't do any goon discord (or any discord really) because the one time I joined the SAS discord years ago it was so toxic (not to me specifically, just in general) that I lost all interest in socializing with goons in real time. What I can only assume are a bunch of permabanned peeps who still think the N word is edgy and were just generally annoying. I can sympathize with a single bad interaction just kind of souring a whole medium.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 23, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I just switched to credit karma last year from TurboTax, so gently caress me i guess.
I'm in the exact same situation. I've been getting emails from Credit Karma to file again and I was just gonna roll with it. Now I don't know.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't do any goon discord (or any discord really) because the one time I joined the SAS discord years ago it was so toxic (not to me specifically, just in general) that I lost all interest in socializing with goons in real time. What I can only assume are a bunch of permabanned peeps who still think the N word is edgy and were just generally annoying. I can sympathize with a single bad interaction just kind of souring a whole medium.

I joined the TFF discord a few months ago and I lasted 10 min and noped on out of there. It was not for me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

I'm in the exact same situation. I've been getting emails from Credit Karma to file again and I was just gonna roll with it. Now I don't know.

It's really great that the only convenient, modern way to file loving taxes is through a corporate intermediary with strong lobbying power.

I'd give anything for a functioning government and it's really gross that a minority of Americans has built a complete mythology around preventing that from happening.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I was right about that rug :colbert:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

When I replace this rug, I'll be sure to get your input to make sure it meets the Rinaldo Exacting Standards.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thank you and as always Hail Satan.

Also I thought you switched to hardwoods for that room?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress Tom Br*dy

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Thank you and as always Hail Satan.

Also I thought you switched to hardwoods for that room?

We have wood look porcelain tile throughout the house. But our main living space is an open floor plan so you can't do without a rug or it would echo like a cave in here. Plus I just like a living room rug.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm glad I can update my book for accuracy so we can keep this running gag going

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What the hell, we lost Louie Anderson and Meat Loaf this week?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl I'm sorry if people have treated you bad in GDTs. :(

I've always liked GDTs for recreating the sense of yelling stupid poo poo at one's TV. My habit of saying GO 4 IT comes from watching games with my dad, who would yell the same no matter the distance or the score or anything else. He's completely unreasonable about this but the league has almost caught up with him.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Tom Br*dy

:hai:

I love GDTs because I can write gently caress like I'm yelling it really loud but I can't in real life because my kids are sitting next to me.

Also I suppose it might be time to retire the sparkle crotch 🙁

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

:hai:

I love GDTs because I can write gently caress like I'm yelling it really loud but I can't in real life because my kids are sitting next to me.

Get some pictures of AJ Dillon's quads.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Go old school:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It took me way too long to realize that Peacemaker’s dad is Robert Patrick, aka T-1000.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

what the gently caress Pennsylvania

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppizzas/status/1485075087304888321?s=20

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What the actual poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Charging $17 for a Lunchable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Always love to have pizza where all the toppings fall off.