Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:58 on Oct 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Quebec Libre is not real it's just wrestling

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Colonel Cancer posted:

Quebec Libre is not real it's just wrestling

https://maisonneuve.org/article/2004/03/12/vive-la-lutte-libre/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Quebec isn't real and you cannot convince me otherwise.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
The Ukraine part of Ukraine vs The The part of Ukraine

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Quebec isn't real and you cannot convince me otherwise.

it is a joke played on us all

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Le Quebec libre:

deux mesures Distillerie de Québec Rhum St-Roc Fondation
une verre Coca-Cola Érable du Québec*
deux mesures Vin de glace de Québec
deux mesures jus de pamplemousse

*the drink is real, but apparently does not actually contain any real maple syrup

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, what?

https://tass.com/world/1390797

quote:

Canada has already sent over 200 special operations forces to Ukraine under the pretext of protecting its embassy and evacuating its diplomats in the event of an emergency, the Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said.

Unlike everyone else Canada is sending some JTF mooks?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Lostconfused posted:

Wait, what?

https://tass.com/world/1390797

Unlike everyone else Canada is sending some JTF mooks?

CSOR. The guys I know in Dwyer Hill are in Syria and Iraq at the moment, or home.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

The Ukraine, The

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

FormaldehydeSon posted:

The Ukraine, The

A nation with an article in its name couldn't possibly be evil.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh wow.

i haven't gotten that mad at a simple image in as long as i can remember

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

oh wow.

i haven't gotten that mad at a simple image in as long as i can remember

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:ssj:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's loving art right there, because i sure as hell felt an emotion when looking at it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i sent it to my so

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I would simply let go of the house.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

shrug, atlas

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

#istandwithlandlords

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
put that house back on the ground where it belongs

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
The house is heavy because it's filled with moneybags

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Talk about raising rents the hard way!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

anyone else itt thinking of the michaels rn

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

perhaps we should send them to ukraine, see what shakes out

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

infernal machines posted:

perhaps we should send them to ukraine, see what shakes out

Not a bad idea!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Source your quotes:

quote:

Before the pandemic, many small landlords were getting forced to give up on their rental properties. Landlords were getting rid of their rental homes because it was no longer possible to stay afloat with all the new costs and taxes put upon them by government.

Since Covid-19, the situation for rental providers has worsened even further. There has been a rent freeze in place, meaning allowable rent increases have been set to 0%. Many landlords have been unable to keep rents up even marginally compared to their rising costs. Last month alone inflation was 4.4%, leading to rising heating, maintenance and other costs for rental providers. This is on top of property and other taxes which are all rising at alarming rates across BC.

Landlords who have been forced to absorb all these cost increases can no longer cope. The result is many rental home providers being forced to give up on their rental homes and stop providing rentals altogether.

This squeeze on rental providers is happening just as the pandemic ends and immigrants, international students and travellers return to BC in record numbers. Not to mention the influx of many new high paid tech workers who are moving to BC from all over the world. Demand is heating up just as landlords are getting squeezed out. It is the perfect storm.

If current rental providers cannot even survive, how do we expect new rental home providers to come in and build our desperately needed new rental homes?

We need municipal governments in place who will release cost pressure on rental providers so they can keep providing the rental homes and at the same time, add supply to keep up with new people moving to the Lower Mainland.

This complete lack of understanding about the size of our rental crisis by local governments is not helping. With municipal elections one year away, we are urging all voters to vote for councillors and mayors who are committed to a crisis level acceleration of building new rental homes.

Good point, actually. If we squeeze the landlords so they abandon their rental units, we will seize the means of sheltering people without multiple homes. I'm all aboard.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Landlords looking to steal homes for themselves? Checks out, OP.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eXXon posted:

Source your quotes:

Good point, actually. If we squeeze the landlords so they abandon their rental units, we will seize the means of sheltering people without multiple homes. I'm all aboard.

these homes would simply disappear if landlords did not own them. the law of conservation of equity demands that any asset of intrinsic value must be owned by someone willing to exploit it for profit

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

eXXon posted:

Source your quotes:

It's a shame all those houses are going to be taken back to the house store, where they will sit abandoned on shelves.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You mean I can no longer take my family's accumulated wealth, use that for a down payment unaffordable to most, and get others to pay off my mortgage for me?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

You mean I can no longer take my family's accumulated wealth, use that for a down payment unaffordable to most, and get others to pay off my mortgage for me?

oh goodness, no, you can still do that.

civilization hasn't collapsed

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Pegging myself while thinking about the 2 Micheals

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

in Minecraft

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

mediaphage posted:

i don’t even get this thread anymore

are we now saying that the country of ukraine is all nazis

for the record i was talking about actual ukrainians bitching about it not someone who grew up in canada

lol do you know who the Euromaidan were and how they took power

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's that meme with the kid putting a boot on his head, but landlords.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

lol do you know who the Euromaidan were and how they took power

i'm not an expert obviously but i've read an article on them here and there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Make sure to check if your landlords are load-bearing before you guillotine them