Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Brandalism better be vandalizing brands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

Brandalism better be vandalizing brands

bad news

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BIG HORNY COW posted:

One Baneberry sidecar please

Oh you have access to the whole thing? I’m dying to know what the three hot new ingredients are. If they’re funny. If they’re something boring like cucumbers and tomatoes I don’t care

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh you have access to the whole thing? I’m dying to know what the three hot new ingredients are. If they’re funny. If they’re something boring like cucumbers and tomatoes I don’t care

He sent a PDF, I thought it was available on that site but looks like they want info for a download link

Google Drive Link

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

BIG HORNY COW posted:

He sent a PDF, I thought it was available on that site but looks like they want info for a download link

Google Drive Link

the font used for the nonsensical titles makes them nigh unreadable

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i remember as a kid they were Boston Chicken and they had to change their name for some reason and it was A Big Deal for my tiny brain.

miss that chicken.

i assumed that was a marketing thing because they wanted to be known for more then just chicken....the meatloaf and turkey is solid.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

BIG HORNY COW posted:

A friend of mine who works at a digital marketing firm shared a pdf he was having to go through for work about trends to watch in 2022

https://www.wundermanthompson.com/insight/the-future-100-2022

Hell yeah baby my ads are AUGMENTED

What's loving me up is that all these words and phrases should be gibberish, but they're not wrong.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

This is loving dark as hell because it works.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Branded Virtual Worlds
Brandalism
Headless brands
Regenerative brands

This is the endless cycle

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You know the situation is dire when benches in the subway are seen as some kind of social program for the homeless.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

What's this from?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Beartaco posted:

What's this from?

Transmetropolitan

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
The roaring 20's with its robber branders.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Edible escapism is my usual day

thats just rear end

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That's not vandalism at all :sigh:

I guess it'd be weird if this robotic marketing nonsense earnestly talked about Doing Crimes, oh well

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

jeebus bob posted:

Transmetropolitan

fuckin knew it

sucks about the one author but the work is still good

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Red Baron posted:

fuckin knew it

sucks about the one author but the work is still good

wait gently caress what did Warren Ellis do?!

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

wait gently caress what did Warren Ellis do?!

https://www.somanyofus.com/

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Google Drive Link

BIG HORNY COW posted:

A friend of mine who works at a digital marketing firm shared a pdf he was having to go through for work about trends to watch in 2022

https://www.wundermanthompson.com/insight/the-future-100-2022

Hell yeah baby my ads are AUGMENTED

This is the most awe-inspiring hate read I've had in years...do they have versions from previous years available?

For anyone else curious, the screenshot of the table of contents is only half of the total list. You better believe there's also sections about Retail (buying branded clothing...for a digital character?!?!?), Luxury ("Crypto-elites", those who buy expensive NFTs for their twitter profile and will never regret it ever), and Work (stop asking for raises, our office's $120M renovation includes two beehives)

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Jan 22, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The new terroir?

edit:

quote:

terroir
tĕr-wär′
noun
The aggregate characteristics of the environment in which a food or wine is produced, including regional and local climate, soil, and topography.
The flavor imparted to a food or wine by such characteristics.
The complete set of local conditions in which a particular wine or family of wines is produced, including soil-type, weather conditions, topography and wine-making savoir-faire.

Oh, le flavor towne

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Pretend I posted AM's opening monologue here

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/AskAManager/status/1484967544876408838

Several healthcare workers get better offers from a new employer. They are at-will employees under no contract.

They give their current employer a chance to negotiate and get no counter offer to keep them. Old employer waits until the thursday before they start then seeks and receives an injunction from the loving courts to keep them from starting at the new job.

The pretext seems to be the new employers "unfair practices" of "poaching employees." They literally think it's cheating to offer better pay and conditions.

"Right to work state" means the bosses have a right to your work.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

Several healthcare workers get better offers from a new employer. They are at-will employees under no contract.

They give their current employer a chance to negotiate and get no counter offer to keep them. Old employer waits until the thursday before they start then seeks and receives an injunction from the loving courts to keep them from starting at the new job.

The pretext seems to be the new employers "unfair practices" of "poaching employees." They literally think it's cheating to offer better pay and conditions.

I said this in the other thread talking about this but one thing to keep in mind is that they can’t force them to keep working their old jobs, just prevent them from starting their new ones. So basically both institutions will be unstaffed. But the point isnt about maintaining the level of care. The point is for the one hospital group to make the other reject future applications from its staff as too much of a hassle to deal with. Or at least that’s my guess at what they’re trying to do

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Owlbear Camus posted:

This is so deeply hosed up

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Owlbear Camus posted:

this is hosed up, but “right to work” and “at-will employment” are different things

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

right to guillotine

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Subjunctive posted:

this is hosed up, but “right to work” and “at-will employment” are different things

Wisconsin is a right-to-work state, as well. Maybe if we had muscular unions they could fight shenanigans like this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HootTheOwl posted:

This is so deeply hosed up

It really is a shithole of a country

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Tar, feather, then quarter the judge imo

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Where I live the fuckers started putting benches with an arm rest in the middle. just evil poo poo.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

find out what fasteners are used and bring a tool to remove them

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
A sawzall saws all

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Where I live the fuckers started putting benches with an arm rest in the middle. just evil poo poo.

these benches are already designed to have bumps to be uncomfortable for sleeping to begin with too lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Casey Finnigan posted:

these benches are already designed to have bumps to be uncomfortable for sleeping to begin with too lol

I see the maintenance budget of the place went to cops

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Anti-homeless benches evolved into anti-worker toilets and soon enough we will have some kind of sidewalk surface where if you can’t afford very expensive specially soled shoes they’re impossible to walk on

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Anti-homeless benches evolved into anti-worker toilets and soon enough we will have some kind of sidewalk surface where if you can’t afford very expensive specially soled shoes they’re impossible to walk on

We already have this special surface where I live, the city planner had a huge party to announce we are going to paint a bunch of huge rainbows on the streets and sidewalks.

Now what happens is often the homeless set up shop or fall asleep or heaven forbid, set up their tents on the rainbows. This makes the city planner really mad and he demands the police clean them off the rainbow immediately when he hears about it.

It's funny because this happens EVERY DAY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think those are called "highways"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Owlbear Camus posted:

The only reason this went through is because they went before a judge who's a massive CHUD.

Judge Mark McGinnis got tossed out of his job as a truancy court judge for mocking disabled kids and unilaterally tossing black kids into care without informing their parents.

quote:

Last month the school board suspended the truancy court for the remainder of the school year after an investigation into complaints a judge, Mark McGinnis, bullied, mocked and belittled students, particular students with mental health issues, and sometimes threatened them with shelter care.

He was so bad, he got the entire truancy court system shut down.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The only reason this went through is because they went before a judge who's a massive CHUD.

Judge Mark McGinnis got tossed out of his job as a truancy court judge for mocking disabled kids and unilaterally tossing black kids into care without informing their parents.

He was so bad, he got the entire truancy court system shut down.

Jesus Christ. What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Truancy court system