Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't want furniture that's annoying to move around, and I've never understood the purpose of fancy dinnerware, it wasn't a thing in our house as far as I recall.

I have a deep-seated hatred for fancy pottery dishes because my mother both loved good (and very expensive) pottery, insisted on eating meals out of it, *and* would act like it was the end of the world when one of the pottery dishes inevitably got chipped or broke from use and washing.

She really loved eating out of the handcrafted pottery bowls, and even insisted that food tasted better out of them. Which is fine. A huge part of enjoying a meal is probably psychosomatic anyway. It was just annoying that she'd loose her poo poo whenever she'd notice a crack on one of those bowls or when one of them would dramatically break in the sink, and me and my dad would get an endless tongue-lashing about how we could have been more careful and not broken the precious and expensive pottery.

Eating off fancy dishes is fine and fun, you've just got to accept that things are going to get chipped and broken from use. *Or* just buy cheep ceramic and glass stuff like I do these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Piell posted:

AITA for bringing up a problem with my gf’s friend?

Has not yet convinced him to leave his wife.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mx. posted:

AITA for refusing my wife's requests to hurl in the toilet?

go throw up in the yard you animal

What the hell is physically wrong with this guy that "cleanup is tougher" when throwing up in a toilet instead of a sink. Does it just spray out of his mouth in all directions so he needs a wider basin? Is it just pure liquid/bile so he doesn't have to worry about chunks?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

wizardofloneliness posted:

What the hell is physically wrong with this guy that "cleanup is tougher" when throwing up in a toilet instead of a sink. Does it just spray out of his mouth in all directions so he needs a wider basin? Is it just pure liquid/bile so he doesn't have to worry about chunks?

wonder if he just stands over the toilet and lets loose so there's splashing and spraying

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

mediaphage posted:

wonder if he just stands over the toilet and lets loose so there's splashing and spraying

Some people briefly pass out when they vomit fully bent over. Vagus nerve or some poo poo.

I think he should just vomit in the garbage.It seems like a reasonable middle ground.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

coronatae posted:

What if he throws up into the fine china

My actual judgement here depends on what kind of sink we're talking. Kitchen sink I consider acceptable due to garbage disposal ability. Bathroom sink is unacceptable, though either kind of sink can be readily sanitized. This guy is missing out on what makes the toilet such an optimal spot: you are already so close to the floor that when you're done you can lie down on the cool tile and maybe cry a little.

At one point in my life I was sitting on the toilet blasting out my rear end and leaning forward so I could simultaneously vomit into the sink.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

This is why it's important to have a little trashcan with a plastic liner (hell, just an old grocery bag) near the toilet. For the real hard times. My partner was baffled by my obsession with keeping liners in all bathroom trashcans until I got crazy loving food poisoning and spared our bathroom floor from a very bad time. Puked so hard I popped a blood vessel in my eye :v:

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

The Lone Badger posted:

At one point in my life I was sitting on the toilet blasting out my rear end and leaning forward so I could simultaneously vomit into the sink.

This has never happened to me. I hope it doesn't at home because we only have one bathroom.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SYSV Fanfic posted:

This has never happened to me. I hope it doesn't at home because we only have one bathroom.

Never eat in a restaurant that no other customers in it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

coronatae posted:

This is why it's important to have a little trashcan with a plastic liner (hell, just an old grocery bag) near the toilet. For the real hard times. My partner was baffled by my obsession with keeping liners in all bathroom trashcans until I got crazy loving food poisoning and spared our bathroom floor from a very bad time. Puked so hard I popped a blood vessel in my eye :v:

This is what the 12 qt stainless steel bowl is for.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

mediaphage posted:

It sounded like he thought it was gross that he'd pooped in the same toilet the day before so yeah probably.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

coronatae posted:

Also make sure it's a cheap plastic trash can. Then if the liner breaks or if you yank the liner out because it's already full, you can just hose it out after or toss it and get a new one.

Or maybe just have a bucket in the bathroom.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

comforthawk posted:

the yard really is the most refreshing option
like yea you're momentarily vulnerable if a sasquatch rolls up out of the woods on ya, but assuming your hypervigilance is unnecessary, there's always a nice cool breeze after you're done hurgling

Usually the sasquatch is pretty understanding. If it's particularly polite, it might hold your hair or offer a forest mint.

coronatae posted:

God drat. Best I did was burst a few capillaries in my cheeks, but that was probably only because it'd been a good decade since I last threw up.

les enfants Terrific! fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 24, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

comforthawk posted:

the yard really is the most refreshing option
like yea you're momentarily vulnerable if a sasquatch rolls up out of the woods on ya, but assuming your hypervigilance is unnecessary, there's always a nice cool breeze after you're done hurgling

It's true. I was being flippant to hide my true feelings. Barf in the woods and be free

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

The Lone Badger posted:

Never eat in a restaurant that no other customers in it.

Name and shame!

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I live in an urban area with no yard. Is the sidewalk OK, or do I need to go all the way to the street?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

SYSV Fanfic posted:

I live in an urban area with no yard. Is the sidewalk OK, or do I need to go all the way to the street?

listen to your heart

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

SYSV Fanfic posted:

How far is your nearest sewer drain? The trick is to have the route fully mapped out in your mind when the urge strikes.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Mx. posted:

listen to your heart

My heart says no, no but my body says lets go... to the neighbors stoop.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In college a guy got arrested for jumping on a cop car and spinning around while pissing onto the cops standing around it, so I recommend that but with your puke.

Edit: He apparently called it "whirlybirding"

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Ensign Expendable posted:

How far is your nearest sewer drain? The trick is to have the route fully mapped out in your mind when the urge strikes.

It's like a half a block, thank god. Rats. If I'm going to go that far I can make it to the empty shell of the burnt down house.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

In college a guy got arrested for jumping on a cop car and spinning around while pissing onto the cops standing around it, so I recommend that but with your puke.

Edit: He apparently called it "whirlybirding"

Vomit, piss and poo poo all while doing this. Power. Move.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Barudak posted:

Mario Sunshine those pigs

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

syntaxfunction posted:

Vomit, piss and poo poo all while doing this. Power. Move.

This police district I'd need a dentist, not a lawyer. Possibly a denturist too.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Depends on what city you are in. In Portland it’s illegal NOT to puke on the sidewalk.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

therobit posted:

This is what the 12 qt stainless steel bowl is for.

Get a load of Ina Garten over here!

Further context for popped-a-blood-vessel-puking: I lived in the same apartment complex as one of the nurses who contracted Ebola in 2014. This episode happened while that whole thing was going down. How thrilling for my partner, to be woken at 4am by my horrible noises and then to find me with one bloody red eye

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Of course I washed my hands mom! Here, you can smell my fingers if you'd like!

quote:

So my mom has this annoying habit of always asking me if I've washed my hands after I come out of the bathroom, I just turned 23 btw. She acts as if I'm 3 years old. Anyways, it does not even matter if I answer yes because she will always, without fail ask if she can smell my fingers to see if she smells the soap and catch me in a lie. A while ago I had this genius idea to make her stop this non sense for good and I'm not gonna lie I was a little disgusted with myself for doing it, but I didn't have any other ideas at the time. So I just got done pooping, didn't even bother to turn on the sink at all to make sure she will ask if she can smell my fingers, then I stick a finger up my rear end and walk straight out the door with a big poo poo eating grin on my face. I turn around to look at her and she has this look I'm way too familiar with and she asks if she can smell my hands. I say of course mom! Then she goes on and on that she didn't hear the water turn on and she knows I'm lying blablabla and I say " I swear mom I did! Smell my fingers if you want! I'm not lying I swear!" The look on her face the moment that nasty smell hit her nose was the happiest moment of my life since I had moved back in with my parents. She started gaging and ran to the kitchen sink where she kept gaging for a good few minutes. The best part is she never said a word to me about it afterwards and has never brought that moment up in conversation ever! She also has never asked to smell my fingers again when I come out the bathroom.

You want to treat me like a little kid? I'll act like a little kid mom!

Boy he sure got her!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mx. posted:

AITA for ruining my brother's date night and having him come pick his 3yo son up after he dropped him off at my house right before my shift?

Why does he have a key to your house?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Haha,my dad told me a similar story like that when he was in high school. The teacher smelled weed and was smelling fingers to find out which student was smoking, so his friend shoved a finger up his own rear end before the teacher got to him. Laughed all the way to the principal's office

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Miserable Maid posted:

Haha,my dad told me a similar story like that when he was in high school. The teacher smelled weed and was smelling fingers to find out which student was smoking, so his friend shoved a finger up his own rear end before the teacher got to him. Laughed all the way to the principal's office

King poo poo this, unlike the redditors ultra lame story

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Miserable Maid posted:

loving lmao

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

8one6 posted:

Why does he have a key to your house?

He found it under OP (because she's a doormat.)

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Invisible Clergy posted:

OP's a he, and having keys to each other's houses is perfectly normal for families living in the same city.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Invisible Clergy posted:

He's a he, so that one trope isn't active in this case.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I want to thank them for bringing a derail from a month ago back, you bitch.

What year do you guys think it is that Nov 2020 was a month ago?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

What year do you guys think it is that Nov 2020 was a month ago?

What's a "year"?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

Ugh.... I remember that.

It seems a lot more normal, yeah. There's still loving weird derails, but it's no where near as bad with the hot takes as a couple months ago.

Oh man, you should have followed the original threads way back when, there's some awful takes that still make me mad when I remember them and that was like a year ago

There's also that one loving weirdo that's been in the thread for years that kept saying any dude who couldn't get laid by the age of like 20 would inevitably become an abuser and serial rapist and likened them all to Elliott Rogers, good stuff

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I (M, 42) don't want to see tedious forums drama (?, 2mo) relitigated over and over and over again, aita?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA: Am I the rear end in a top hat for kicking out dad's girlfriend at his wake and funeral?

quote:

TLDR: Learned dad had a very serious relationship after his death and refused to let this girlfriend and her family be at the wake/funeral.

A little bit to understand: my real issue wasn't that she came. I could have dealt with that. My issue was that she had placed herself and HER people to be his "official" family, which is what I mean by I'm his family not her. Picture her moving things to what she wanted, asking her sons to take down the photos I arranged, etc. While also receiving people's sympathy AS FAMILY. Then taking my reaction as if I was a 5 year old-probably because of what he's told her. But that's my issue: come, but I'm the only dealing with things not you.

People say my comment here helps-- That was the problem for me. If she just came and sat in the general audience it would have been fine. It was that they were all in the family section, and she was directing things for her liking, and the funeral people acting like I was cutting out his wife or someone able to make legal decisions (I am that person btw, the hospital called me, the legal items are in my care, etc) that set me off, followed by her attempts to keep me in check like you would a small child.

After mom died, dad began dating “Pam”. They were together for 5 years. Dad never directly told me about Pam; two years into their relationship I saw their texts as I was resetting his phone. After that, I would offer to troubleshoot it, so I could learn how the relationship progressed (not proud of this, but it’s the truth). But I was never informed of her from dad! our relationship was strained. After mom’s death he wouldn’t let me come to his office, assist in his hobbies or attend events- now I know it’s because he feared someone would tell me about Pam or I would meet her.

Now he’s died. I was “officially” told about Pam when I (only child) collected his office things, and a large photo of her (no one else including me on his desk) was there. They were STUNNED I didn’t know. I threw that photo away right there.

I made all arrangements. Pam tried contacting Dad’s phone/messenger- I assume she saw all the posts on his Facebook and the funeral date online. I never responded to her.

Yet before his wake started, Pam and her family showed up- and planned to be a part of the services! I came in at 5pm for the 6pm wake, and she and her 3 sons, DILs, grandkids were there talking with some of his friends. She’s known them all for 3-4 years!

I was FLOORED. The funeral people asked me why I didn’t include her, since she’s his significant other. I told them right in front of everyone that I’ve lived with my dad all this time (we had issues since I became an adult) these last 5 years and I never met or knew her. At this point Pam got out of the provided chair and tried to play it cool by saying “oh come now!” while pulling me aside to “chat”. During this chat she told me “you’re going to embarrass yourself and father if you don’t just keep it together. I cant believe you refused to meet me until now but that was YOUR choice. Now let’s get through this and figure it out later.”

WHAT THE HELL?! All my life my parents wanted me to keep quiet, be a “good proper lady”, don’t complain, etc. and ALL of that just bubbled right to the surface and I LOST IT. I went to the funeral home’s manager and told them to remove Pam and her family, as they were NOT family, or I would call the cops. Pam followed me, saying she knew this would happen because I never wanted to meet (according to dad), and I spent 10 minutes explaining to her and her family that HE NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THEM.

Pam wanted to stay, because in her mind she was all but legally his wife. I said no, because I’m the family, and she should have thought this through. Right before the 6pm service, she and her whole family left, and it was just me facing, among other things, constant questionings of “where’s Pam? Why couldn’t Pam come? We saw Pam outside leaving, why did you do that?...”

AITA for just not putting on brave face and let her be there with me as “family”?

Add: sorry there's a character limit which means I may have cut out details. My issue, which led to my actions, was that she was there as his family, and she's not his family, I am! I moved in with him after mom died to help him with the house and animals. We didn't get along because we have the same personality over different generations and just fought all the time. I also resented having to, one final time, push down my feelings for someone else's benefit. It may be wrong but that's how it's been my whole life and I just didn't have it in me to fake it once more on this huge of a level

What the gently caress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

teen witch posted:

can’t wait for my progeny to inherit my moms Welches grape juice glasses.

The witch family heirlooms

E:tbh the next time I’m at my moms I actually might bring them over if they fit a tea light. I need a Miss Poggy votive.

These are amazing, you need them! :swoon:

I have similiar but with pokemons: Charmander, Jigglypuff, Polywhirl and Meowth. Got them in the US more than 20 years ago. They are perfect for holding tea candles, but right now mine are full of Coleus (palettblad) cuttings.

e: stolen pic

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 24, 2022