Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

At that point just pirate the offline games tho since cycling new accounts you will still lose cheevos anyway.
At least its way easier than juggling burner credentials

Not that I recommend or condone it but on console you can keep playing on your main account and keep your cheevos and saves while at the same time using burner accounts for cheapest possible Game Pass Ultimate membership.

The console just needs to be set as the Home Xbox of the account with a GPU membership, and any account can play Game Pass games, online multiplayer etc. I've done this in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can turn the notifications off and ignore them

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

But I still don’t understand why someone would buy someone else’s gamertag?

You can’t even show it off to your friends because it’s obviously not your accounts name.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I still just want Microsoft to make a gamepass ultimate family package. Charge me $25/ mo and just let me and my kids each play whatever we want on each Xbox in the house at the same time.

But I get that having 1 series x and 2 one s consoles legitimately in use in one house simultaneously is fairly rare overall so the home trick works for most people.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
I just booted up my old 360 and immediately remembered how bad the layout for the most recent home menu really was. Also, everything on the home menu runs like absolute garbage. Do all fully updated 360s actually run like this in 2022?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

But I still don’t understand why someone would buy someone else’s gamertag?

You can’t even show it off to your friends because it’s obviously not your accounts name.

You buy a name change

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the rat fandom posted:

I just booted up my old 360 and immediately remembered how bad the layout for the most recent home menu really was. Also, everything on the home menu runs like absolute garbage. Do all fully updated 360s actually run like this in 2022?

I plugged mine in about a year ago because at the time the only way to buy the Orange Box digitally was on the 360 for some unknown reason, and yea it ran like dog poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I keep mine around to play Burnout 3 every once in a while and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Really liking Nobody Saves the World so far, it's the most original take on an ARPG I've seen in quite some time. Love my exploding bunny magician build.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah that generation got a bit iffy as they tried to make the old firmware "up to date".

i still use my PS3 as a MGS/PS1 machine and there are so many moments that are like, jesus, we lived like this. updates to games that can't occur in the background ftw.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

exquisite tea posted:

Really liking Nobody Saves the World so far, it's the most original take on an ARPG I've seen in quite some time. Love my exploding bunny magician build.

Is there a deeper strategy than just let the giant pack of enemies surround you and keep mashing the button hoping they all die first?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Press buttons harder.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

How much are people willing to pay for this?

edit : also, 265,000 what the hell

My friend from a brony guild I used to be in has a game score of almost 650000

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lammasu posted:

My friend from a brony guild I used to be in has a game score of almost 650000

explain yourself

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

please dont

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

You buy a name change

How do they explain their gamer score suddenly going up by hundreds of thousands of points overnight?

Their friends would obviously know it’s not their account.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dude you're spending way too much time trying to understand why weirdos on the internet would do something. Go play your Xbox.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ryoga posted:

I can confirm that many sad people would like to buy accounts for gamer score. It was giant lol because I doubt this person fishing for large gamerscores would be able to afford the combined cost of my digital library.

There used to be a big market with Destiny streamers on Twitch who would do account recoveries or carry people through the mode which people would pay money for. That at least somewhat made sense since it's the hardcore PvP aspect of the game and has exclusive loot (weapons and armor) if you could make it all the way. Bungie banned the practice and started banning accounts that engaged in it which was cool because it stopped streamers taking advantage but I did feel sorry for kids who just wanted fun toys in the super grindy game and would lose their entire vaults with years and hundreds of hours of grinding because Bungie put as many roadblocks between players and having fun as possible.

I remember doing it the normal way with some goons back in D1 and it was fun, and sometimes super tense when the last person alive was deaf and couldn't hear people behind him but we'd still make it and it was awesome. Psyched as heck each time we got to the lighthouse :allears:

D2's been a shitshow for years now and the perfect example of one step forward, run a mile backwards. Still play it of course :haw:

Lammasu posted:

I only played the Hitman game with the bondage nuns in it.

I get why hardcore Hitman fans didn't like it but I think IOI did a good job making the franchise more accessible and the bizarre Lynchian aspects to parts of the game made it more charming. Was stupidly impressive considering it released during the 360 gen as well given the size of crowds and NPCs. The game did get remastered but they remastered the console version rather than porting over the PC version so it was a huge missed opportunity. They bundled it with another Hitman game as well (which other people really like) so nobody could just get the game they wanted which is annoying as heck. Similar to the Street Fighter Collection which aside from being bad is now the only way to get Third Strike because Capcom pulled the superior Third Strike Online from storefronts which really sucks because it was so much better than what's in the collection.

Speaking of, anyone who likes Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 might wanna check out the PC version because people are modding in new characters now and it's really cool to see. Hopefully the FreeMvC2 campaign works one day because being sprite-based would make it much easier for modders to add a whole bunch of characters from other Capcom fighters, even just within the versus series itself.

American McGay posted:

I keep mine around to play Burnout 3 every once in a while and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with it.

Doesn't Jet Set Radio Future work on that as well? Been tempted to snag a 360 for a while now. Either that or one of those orange GameCubes with the GBA adapter.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

RCarr posted:

How do they explain their gamer score suddenly going up by hundreds of thousands of points overnight?

Much like the guys who put a bunch of wings and scoops on a base model mitsubishi lancer to make it look like a lancer evolution, the people that dont know the difference dont care, and the people that do know the difference aren't impressed.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RCarr posted:

...friends?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Blue Raider posted:

explain yourself

You know what's funnier than Amish rock farmers? loving NOTHING!

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah that generation got a bit iffy as they tried to make the old firmware "up to date".

i still use my PS3 as a MGS/PS1 machine and there are so many moments that are like, jesus, we lived like this. updates to games that can't occur in the background ftw.

The biggest problem for me is that accessing my downloadable games on the 360 and then checking what's installed or uninstalled is a pain in the rear end.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

RCarr posted:

I'm not sure they're after the gamerscore per se. My gamertag is Lockie, so it's a 6-letter kinda common nickname in Australia. I mostly get messages from people with some variation of that (e.g. with numbers, XxX's etc) wanting to be the OG.

John F Bennett posted:

How much are people willing to pay for this?

edit : also, 265,000 what the hell

The latest one offered me a copy of Uno... this is for a name I've held for 12 years now. :laugh:

My GS never used to be that high, but ever since Microsoft changed GS value of indies to 1000/1000 (previously they were worth 200/200), mixed with Game Pass, Covid lockdowns (now a big outbreak in Aus) and the TrueAchievements website, it kinda exploded. :v:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

1glitch0 posted:

Is there a deeper strategy than just let the giant pack of enemies surround you and keep mashing the button hoping they all die first?

If you're playing as the slug the entire strategy is moving backwards to avoid being surrounded. And zombie and magician really shouldn't ever get surrounded, they do the surrounding with summons.

But maybe you are playing as ghost? Ghost seems to get surrounded.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you play as the necromancer the only thing you'll be surrounded by is corpses. Good lord that form obliterates everything.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I love just cruising around as the ghost.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
used the browser download thing to get retroarch on the xbox however long ago, but i just figured out you need the ftp thing as well apparently and now the downloads aren't working anymore :negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

I love just cruising around as the ghost.

Ghost is cool.

Honestly they did the really important thing of having every forms basic attacks feel significantly different so each one feels special instead of some just being flat better versions of others. Theres only a few times where they exploit this, though, with the dungeon where your basic attack doesn't generate mana, the two thieves guild barrel smashing quests, and archery level 2.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My PS3 remains connected for one reason and one reason only: playing Katamari Forever when I get stoned. Reroll and Beautiful Katamari just don't scratch the itch the same way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

heehee posted:

used the browser download thing to get retroarch on the xbox however long ago, but i just figured out you need the ftp thing as well apparently and now the downloads aren't working anymore :negative:

The one on the gamr13 site worked for me last week, is that the one you’re trying?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

The one on the gamr13 site worked for me last week, is that the one you’re trying?

ye, maybe it was temporary.

now i'm trying to convert xbox live to gamepass ultimate but it's saying my xbox region is set incorrectly, i redeemed my brazil xbox gold with a vpn how tf do i convert this poo poo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

nvm i fixed it somehow

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My PS3 remains connected for one reason and one reason only: playing Katamari Forever when I get stoned. Reroll and Beautiful Katamari just don't scratch the itch the same way

My PS3 is still up to play PS1 games, but it's also a great blu ray player so it earns its keep.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Barudak posted:

If you play as the necromancer the only thing you'll be surrounded by is corpses. Good lord that form obliterates everything.

I was wondering what was so good about the necromancer until I realized you had to hold down A, not hit it over and over.

Beast. Just tore right the gently caress through the next dungeon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

I was wondering what was so good about the necromancer until I realized you had to hold down A, not hit it over and over.

Beast. Just tore right the gently caress through the next dungeon.

Necromancer quite literally go brrrrrrr

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
man those series x expansion cards are really expensive, huh

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They are. I got one cheap from a retro game store that was traded in brand new because people are always selling them stuff they stole at Wal Mart.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
In Nobody Saves the World, you can take advantage of the "clear the enemies without the crystal breaking" quest in the mole dungeon to grind if you have a broken brain and need number to go up big. It refills your HP and Mana when the crystal breaks so you can just spam moves, plus the enemies sometimes drop upgrade tokens.

Warning: might ruin the game idk

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

heehee posted:

Can't you go to dev mode and upload retroarch via the dev mode web console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably, but the whole point of doing it this way is to not have to gently caress around with Dev Mode.