Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you can successfully wank while bouncing on a trampoline you should be allowed imo

Not quite wanking but, this unfortunate girl....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_cEjwE3yE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I'm sure this won't have any negative impact on my youtube recs at all

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Customers are gross, they do get cleaned but there's been a couple of times that certain sections of the store have had a quite potent smell of poo, which I can only ascribe to someone having done a poo and put it somewhere because there's no sewer vents or anything on the shop floor. It gets fixed eventually but people are disgusting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Anyone who's ever worked as a cleaner will get a solid thousand yard stare when they hear "surely people aren't that disgusting".

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lungboy posted:

I'm sure it will "accidentally" be forgotten.
It'll be worded in a similar way to the EHRC report that said Jemery Crobny inappropriately* intervened** in cases of antisemitism***, except with nobody reading the footnotes, and then Riley & Baddiel get to go off on twitter.

* by actually doing something
** by telling sam matthews to loving do his job
*** which were no greater than in the Tory party or the general public

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I remember when I was working in the centre of Manchester learning that there was a spate of people making GBS threads on the floor in Selfridge's and M&S (which are in the same building). Generally in the middle of clothes racks etc so it was hidden and took a while to find. One of the people in Selfridge's told me that purely based on the quantity there had to be several people involved.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the mythical selfridge poo poo squad.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

the mythical selfridge poo poo squad.

(Cl)rear end warfare.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mebh posted:

Many of my neigbours in the estate have bought single person adult trampolines to bounce on in full gym gear in the evenings. They are doing this on their balconies and front or back porches while watching the ever increasing string of burglaries around here.

The estate facebook is full of fuzzy videos of people jumping on trampolines with a squeak squeak noise as shadowy figures are pointed at and shouted at.

I honestly think I'm going loving insane. Did i miss a health craze? How did it get tied into the youths again. I'm scared.

Look we tried to warn you about the downsides of living in an enormous bouncy castle but did you listen, no :sigh:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
People bouncing on trampolines on balconies sounds like the beginning of an episode of Casualty.

Or some kind of weird suicide edging.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All shall bounce, it is time to bounce, join us in the bouncing now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Relevant to several current topics:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

People who've had Omicron- how long did it take until you felt better? Been about 12 days and I still feel a bit rubbish in the evenings (tired, lethargic, feel a bit of weakness in my limbs, and otherwise just have some sniffles).

Doubly annoying as we've been so careful, but my partner visited family over xmas and one of her sisters infected everyone on xmas day ):

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Convex posted:

Look we tried to warn you about the downsides of living in an enormous bouncy castle but did you listen, no :sigh:

My cunning plan to beat inflation has backfired...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skeletome posted:

People who've had Omicron- how long did it take until you felt better? Been about 12 days and I still feel a bit rubbish in the evenings (tired, lethargic, feel a bit of weakness in my limbs, and otherwise just have some sniffles).

Doubly annoying as we've been so careful, but my partner visited family over xmas and one of her sisters infected everyone on xmas day ):

About 12 days tbh. First tested fully antigen-negative on D12. Think I woke up with a headache for about a fortnight and then fine. Sniffles and cough only lasted 3-4 days. Partner lost her taste and smell from about D10-D17 which is now 95% back, I never lost mine

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I saw some people asking over the weekend about how the guy with the busted lung was. I'm fine, docs couldn't find anything wrong with me physically, definitely no collapsed lung/pneumonia. Just to be clear, I had called NHS 111 a couple days before complaining about it here, they'd told me not go to A&E with what I'd been describing and to just try and get an appointment with my GP.

Their only possible suggestion after that was musculature, like possibly my posture was contributing or I'd pulled something near my shoulder blades that was interfering with my breathing. I sorta doubted that cause I figured I'd remember doing the latter and the former felt like it'd be a gradual thing and not a 0-100 thing like this sudden oncoming pain had been but lo and behold, after relaxing for a couple days and not moving my neck/back too much, back to relative normality. Still got the shortness of breath I've been experiencing since I had covid but breathing in deeply doesn't hurt my back and chest anymore and neither does coughing/sneezing/etc. So all good I guess, will have to try and not slouch though.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 24, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Glad you don't have lung damage :toot:

You can pick up not-quite-medical-grade oxygen concentrators fairly cheaply now, that helped me recover for a few days when I had shortness of breath, low SpO2, and general listlessness due to a lovely chest cold last year (though obviously that wasn't why I got it :coronatoot:)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1485353895182409735?t=4p4C8HkdQSepczBISrbPDQ&s=09

Of course he is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just raise income tax on people most able to cope with the cost of living increase. And also corporation tax.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
taxes don't make any sense, lets just not have any.

Instead just take a bunch of money and spend it on stuff first.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Skeletome posted:

I had what in hindsight was probably Omicron (even after a negative rapid test) and felt like absolute crap for about two weeks, and ill enough to be unable to work for another week afterwards.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

thebardyspoon posted:

I saw some people asking over the weekend about how the guy with the busted lung was. I'm fine, docs couldn't find anything wrong with me physically, definitely no collapsed lung/pneumonia. Just to be clear, I had called NHS 111 a couple days before complaining about it here, they'd told me not go to A&E with what I'd been describing and to just try and get an appointment with my GP.

Their only possible suggestion after that was musculature, like possibly my posture was contributing or I'd pulled something near my shoulder blades that was interfering with my breathing. I sorta doubted that cause I figured I'd remember doing the latter and the former felt like it'd be a gradual thing and not a 0-100 thing like this sudden oncoming pain had been but lo and behold, after relaxing for a couple days and not moving my neck/back too much, back to relative normality. Still got the shortness of breath I've been experiencing since I had covid but breathing in deeply doesn't hurt my back and chest anymore and neither does coughing/sneezing/etc. So all good I guess, will have to try and not slouch though.

As they found nothing more severe wrong, it could be an attack of acute costochondritis (essentially inflamed intercostal muscles).

I get this but it was never diagnosed until I was in my early 40s when I ended up spending 9 hours on a trolley in Whipps Cross hospital A&E with a suspected heart attack - they wired me up and despite my heart jumping about like mad, crushing pain like a big stone in the middle of my rib cage and terrible pain in left arm, didn't think it was, but left me wired up all night while they dealt with the results of a local gun fight, and a young newly qualified doc said "you know what, I think you've got costochondritis'.

I'd never heard of it before but in a very acute phase can mimic symptoms of a heart attack because the muscles round the ribs can squeeze your lungs and heart. I googled like mad and found out it explained SO many of the various issues I'd had all my life - eg why every cold I ever had ended up as 'bronchitis', wracking coughs that went on for weeks and so on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunate that it isn't a disease that causes a cruise liner to crash into you at regular intervals.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunate that it isn't a disease that causes a cruise liner to crash into you at regular intervals.

Can you explain please, I'm feeling Dim.

Ed or are you drawing a comparison between costal and coastal perchance?

VVV oh yes, I forgot about that.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 24, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Concordia_disaster

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Skeletome posted:

Still feeling lethargic. Having had post viral fatigue before (I'm not sure if it ever goes away) I'd say it comes in waves, particularly a day after doing a long walk or some physical work.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

serious gaylord posted:

The redacted Forde Report is meant to be released this week.

Ah, nicely timed to be buried by partygate

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

OK so I was just procrastinating on Tiktok and saw that some student came back to their uni accommodation after the Xmas break only to find the hall management had gone into her room to clean it, bagged up all her possessions, and put them in storage somewhere. The tenancy isn't over. She rightly lost her poo poo and complained to demand everything back, and the security is saying they can't do anything until Monday because none of the management are in.

This really stuck out for me because surely this is incredibly illegal. Uni accommodation or not she's still a private tenant and they've gone into her room without notice and essentially robbed her. Even if they immediately gave her everything back they've still broken a pile of tenancy laws. What the actual gently caress? Student accommodation does seem to habitually do poo poo like this but never faces any consequences. I feel like a lawsuit here could lead to a huge payout. Hell, I'd be tempted to outright call the cops in her position, though I wonder (if I was a 19 year old student) if they'd just laugh at me, because cops. But seriously how do they get away with this poo poo.

I think she’d need to show the contract to Shelter or CAB or a similar service for advice on this. In a normal tenancy this could potentially be a criminal offence, (though the local authority probably wouldn’t prosecute if there was no violence and the landlord gave all the goods back and let her re-enter the property)

But a hall of residence run by the Uni themselves is much more likely to be some sort of license agreement rather than a tenancy, and the landlord may well have greater rights in terms of entering the property etc.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Skeletome posted:

Had you had your booster before getting it? I just (yesterday) left isolation for Omicron. I tested slightly positive at the start of last week which was the first sign I had it but by Thursday evening I was already testing negative, so either I noticed it late and had been walking around with it with no symptoms for a while (which I really hope wasn't the case) or it really didn't manage to get much of a hold on me. I've felt fine the whole time to be honest and I reckon that's probably down to the booster I had at the start of Jan. My sister got it just before Christmas before she could get the booster and she was wiped out for like a week and short of breath for a good week after as well.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Convex posted:

Still feeling lethargic. Having had post viral fatigue before (I'm not sure if it ever goes away) I'd say it comes in waves, particularly a day after doing a long walk or some physical work.

I'm now a month into this myself, after getting sick around 28/12. It's long something but not covid, reams of LFTs and a PCR all came back negative.

It sucks poo poo. Tried to go back to the gym last week and relapsed hard, so lesson learned there.

I am loving frustrated and bored and increasingly depressed and increasingly fat (thanks to overeating, thanks to said depression). I get out for a half hour walk when I'm feeling up to it but otherwise anything else gives me issues. Sucks poo poo.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

A friend is having trouble with a landlord being a piece of poo poo, lying all the time and not fixing necessary stuff in the flat like the toilet and oven. Is there anyone they can talk to about it apart from CAB?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Miftan posted:

A friend is having trouble with a landlord being a piece of poo poo, lying all the time and not fixing necessary stuff in the flat like the toilet and oven. Is there anyone they can talk to about it apart from CAB?

Shelter.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Miftan posted:

Best bet is to join a tenants union if there is one near them, otherwise shelter.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Miftan posted:

Acorn if there’s a group nearby, London Renters’ Union if in London

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

No acorn or renter's union near them unfortunately, but Shelter is a good shout. Cheers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Miftan posted:

No acorn or renter's union near them unfortunately, but Shelter is a good shout. Cheers.

Other possibility is the local authority / council. Many councils now require landlords to be registered with them and it's quite possible that a generally lovely landlord isn't registered.

I know England is a bit different to Wales in this regard, but the flat where I used to rent, the flat above got black mould (they were away for 2 months immediately after I left so my flat wasn't heating theirs as was normally the case and they came back to black mould. The landlord threatened to evict them (this was just before covid) for daring to complain and they went to the local council only to find the landlord wasn't registered which resulted in (a) big fine to landlord £1000 and (b) woman at the estate agents - whose only role was to vet tenants not responsible for organising any maintenance - getting the sack for not checking the landlord was registered.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Other possibility is the local authority / council. Many councils now require landlords to be registered with them and it's quite possible that a generally lovely landlord isn't registered.

I know England is a bit different to Wales in this regard, but the flat where I used to rent, the flat above got black mould (they were away for 2 months immediately after I left so my flat wasn't heating theirs as was normally the case and they came back to black mould. The landlord threatened to evict them (this was just before covid) for daring to complain and they went to the local council only to find the landlord wasn't registered which resulted in (a) big fine to landlord £1000 and (b) woman at the estate agents - whose only role was to vet tenants not responsible for organising any maintenance - getting the sack for not checking the landlord was registered.

Nice, I'll definitely check and pass this on! Thank you.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Lol and indeed lmao https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1485621180090531844

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Given that this report will have been paid for out of members' subscriptions they've a goddamn right to see it. All of them - and us who were in the party and whose subs will have been spent on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
My "not due to political interference" T-shirt etc.