Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oxyclean posted:

You don't need to globe trot - Custom Deliveries are under the Timers menu (under Duty I think) and you can quickly scan through them there.

…the sad thing is, I distinctly remember doing that at some point, but somehow forgot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They didn't voice the Exarch's Lali-ho :negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Begemot posted:

The only thing I can think of that would have to be changed is the one where you specifically use lunar aspected benefic to help repair the wards in Kugane. Presumably they just have you use regular aspected benefic now, since the stance no longer exists.

The Black Stones posted:

As someone who recently took AST from 60 to 80 I can confirm that yes, you simply just cast aspected benefic.

What's the explanation for aspected benefic in the first place, considering pre-6.0, when you're learning they explain how you use the different aspects for different reasons and are drawing power from different places... and now it's just all the same?

I mean, I guess I came in after they had already retconned the ability that was like "you heal people by reversing time" and I didn't really notice

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's the explanation for aspected benefic in the first place, considering pre-6.0, when you're learning they explain how you use the different aspects for different reasons and are drawing power from different places... and now it's just all the same?

I mean, I guess I came in after they had already retconned the ability that was like "you heal people by reversing time" and I didn't really notice

Probably something hand wavey like "We used to do it this way, but then we streamlined the process and made it work better this way."

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
5.4?god, I cannot get over the way kobolds sound, just completely takes me out of the game

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

sirtommygunn posted:

78 SHB I can't loving believe meol is actually people sin eater people who turned into sin eaters from eating a bunch of meol. Just the most hosed up circle of life possible. I had a theory that Vauthry was somehow a primal up until this point, but this is so much worse.

Welcome to Shadowbringers.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/aelynn000/status/1485092691193049095

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

suuma posted:

5.4?god, I cannot get over the way kobolds sound, just completely takes me out of the game

It rules actually.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

wonder how long before he gets a C&D for calling his in game clothing brand sakaGUCCI

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don’t remember the specifics, I’ve been catching up on story content for a bunch of jobs and it’s all starting to blur so I only remember the broad strokes. I don’t remember them discussing using different aspects for different reasons at all. I just know they were like “you need to cast aspected benefic to help heal these” and that was it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

wonder how long before he gets a C&D for calling his in game clothing brand sakaGUCCI

Probably will get hunted down by the LTW mentor first.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

I don’t remember the specifics, I’ve been catching up on story content for a bunch of jobs and it’s all starting to blur so I only remember the broad strokes. I don’t remember them discussing using different aspects for different reasons at all. I just know they were like “you need to cast aspected benefic to help heal these” and that was it.

Hmm I guess this was cordoned off in its own quest not attached to the story in any real way so they could probably have excised it easily

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I just got the Attendee #777 mount and I love how loud its footsteps are :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

PLD raid weapon is very nice btw

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Man, had to do the Mt. Gulg pull as a undergeared Sage (the one from the 2nd boss to the 3rd where you can pull pretty much everyone) and that poo poo was stressful as gently caress.

Am I missing something or can you really not play chicken with the tank's HP like White Mage?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MechaX posted:

Man, had to do the Mt. Gulg pull as a undergeared Sage (the one from the 2nd boss to the 3rd where you can pull pretty much everyone) and that poo poo was stressful as gently caress.

Am I missing something or can you really not play chicken with the tank's HP like White Mage?

It's trickier in sub-80 content, but things smooth out considerably once you have access to Panhaima. Once you get access to Krasis, keeping a tank alive becomes trivial.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
I've found that a good way to do Sage in dungeon pulls is to treat its mitigation the same way you do tank cooldowns. So space them out a little, have some consistent healing up so you aren't forced to burst heal, etc.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you don't have a PLD and do have a SGE it can be pretty rough because PLD has the best invuln and SGE has the worst burst healing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
that pull is basically always stressful no matter what healer and tank you got

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean no one can play tank chicken like a WHM can but yeah SGE is not good at the burst healing and is better at mitigation over time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MechaX posted:

cheetah7071 posted:

that pull is basically always stressful no matter what healer and tank you got

Your ranged DPS should have the courtesy to LB2 there, makes things much easier

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can't you only LB1 there?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Arist posted:

Can't you only LB1 there?

Only an LB1, yeah. But it makes a huge difference with that many targets to hit. Even a ranged phys LB1 that will miss half of them because it's so narrow.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DRK: -Uses Living Dead-

Me, as SGE: lol, lmao

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oxyclean posted:

DRK: -Uses Living Dead-

Me, as SGE: lol, lmao

*shrugs* guess you'll die

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I honestly never do the omegapull in Gulg unless my healer specifically brings it up and the numbers I'm seeing in ACT look decent. It's such a loving mess to fight in with how big the hitboxes are that I'd rather just split it 2-1 than worry about a DPS randomly eating poo poo to a couple AoEs.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

super-redguy posted:

I've found that a good way to do Sage in dungeon pulls is to treat its mitigation the same way you do tank cooldowns. So space them out a little, have some consistent healing up so you aren't forced to burst heal, etc.

This, pretty much. I've not had issues since I switched to topping off the tank every 2-3 GCDs instead of letting them fall to 25% and trying to burst heal them. Works even for huge level 50 pulls like Amdapor Keep.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Sieghorse/status/1485221793958752257?t=ivlV_w4KzQ3mZ2coKXEXrw&s=19

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Been setting up my crossbars for some other jobs and finally got around to the new Summoner (which I haven't played since Endwalker - mine is level 71). The guide I've been using to structure how I build my hotbars was for Shadowbringers, and while that's adequate for most jobs (which don't get many new buttons or fundamentally change), Summoner was so heavily changed that I was forced to look elsewhere and experiment myself. I finally got something set up that seems fairly reasonable and tried stuff out with the practice dummies. I like the new way it works. My ideal job is "flashy but without many buttons," which this fulfills pretty well.

I also tried healing with a controller for the first time (with my Astrologian, which is my lowest level healing job at 42). Ended up having some close calls because it was Sastasha and the tank was extremely aggressive with huge pulls (being a super-early dungeon is ironically harder to heal in some ways, since I don't have any tools, though it would have still been easy if not for the huge pulls). Ended up being decent practice with healer targeting, but there were a couple times where I didn't realize that the soft-targeting only applies to the spell you cast after doing it, so I'd soft-target the tank, heal them, and then heal myself by mistake. The tools to quickly target who you want are there, but it's easier to make mistakes than it is with keyboard + mouse. I imagine that getting access to more cooldowns (and thus fewer heals that have cast times) will make things easier with controller. I remember that's how things got with my Scholar (my highest level healer at 71), where most of my healing ends up being from instant casts later on.

I think the biggest benefit to using a controller is that I'm not having to use the same fingers for both movement and actions. On keyboard the difference between movement and action is "moving my middle finger up a centimeter from W to press a number," whereas I can devote my thumbs entirely to movement on controller. Long cooldowns have a distinctly different "feel" to them, since they're on the double-tap L2/R2 buttons, shorter cooldown OGCDs (or things that consume some resource) will usually be on the D-pad buttons, etc. The only thing that I'd say is objectively worse than kb+m is skills that require targeting an area. That's often a pain in the rear end compared with just "aiming my mouse at thee point" and I don't know if there's really a universal solution to it. Fortunately skills that do that aren't that common.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
in higher level content, I usually hard-target the tank during big pulls because holy doesn't need to target. I dunno about the other healers though since I don't play them. On bosses I hard-target the boss because I rarely need to send more than a spotheal at the tank.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

AST is the only healer that needs to target an enemy to AoE. The rest are all centered on themselves.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I also tried healing with a controller for the first time (with my Astrologian, which is my lowest level healing job at 42). Ended up having some close calls because it was Sastasha and the tank was extremely aggressive with huge pulls (being a super-early dungeon is ironically harder to heal in some ways, since I don't have any tools, though it would have still been easy if not for the huge pulls).

I think the biggest benefit to using a controller is that I'm not having to use the same fingers for both movement and actions. On keyboard the difference between movement and action is "moving my middle finger up a centimeter from W to press a number," whereas I can devote my thumbs entirely to movement on controller. Long cooldowns have a distinctly different "feel" to them, since they're on the double-tap L2/R2 buttons, shorter cooldown OGCDs (or things that consume some resource) will usually be on the D-pad buttons, etc. The only thing that I'd say is objectively worse than kb+m is skills that require targeting an area. That's often a pain in the rear end compared with just "aiming my mouse at thee point" and I don't know if there's really a universal solution to it. Fortunately skills that do that aren't that common.
Sastasha taught me why you should not remove Cure1 from your hotbars (you literally have no other heal as WHM at that level).

For KB&M movement, I use pressing both left and right mouse button to move forward a lot (might need the legacy camera setting?).
That's often enough to get you where you need to be, so you only need to use WASD for more precise movement.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 24, 2022

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I'm only at 81, but Endwalker Astro feels worse than Shadowbringers Astro for me.

If I already have three different seals am I not suppose to play cards anymore? Bring back milling Major Arcana cards into either the Lord or the Lady.

Also Minor Arcana and Crown Play should be one button IMO

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

WrightOfWay posted:

AST is the only healer that needs to target an enemy to AoE. The rest are all centered on themselves.

Eh, Sage at least has to for Phlegma and Toxicon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ither posted:

If I already have three different seals am I not suppose to play cards anymore? Bring back milling Major Arcana cards into either the Lord or the Lady.

No you press your buff because that damage buff isn't actually impressive enough to hold onto til a burst window cause you're a healer and so it's worth less than throwing a card or two to your allies. It's also an insanely good MP refresh and Haste for you so you're better off popping it now then holding it.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ither posted:

I'm only at 81, but Endwalker Astro feels worse than Shadowbringers Astro for me.

If I already have three different seals am I not suppose to play cards anymore?

No, you're supposed to use Astrodyne. Losing seals (and even full uses of Astrodyne) is a lot worse than not using it at the ~perfect moment~.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah it’s better to look at 2 seals being the goal and 3 seals being a nice bonus you get sometimes. Just smash the Astrodyne button when you can unless you’re like. Just ending a fight and want to save it for the next trash/a boss I guess.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

L74 Gunblade, just before the first duty in Shadowbringers. Wearing a L70 suit of armour from rhaelgars reach bought with tomestones. Feel outclassed at this point with low damage output. What are my options?

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Thanks for the information about Astrodyne.

OK. Two seals might be optimal, but it doesn't ~feel~ as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Inspector Gesicht posted:

L74 Gunblade, just before the first duty in Shadowbringers. Wearing a L70 suit of armour from rhaelgars reach bought with tomestones. Feel outclassed at this point with low damage output. What are my options?

If you bought the iLevel 400 stuff from Rhalgr's Reach, that stuff's not going to be outclassed until Level 75. You should probably be fine if your average iLevel's floating around 400 or slightly below - the gear from the first ShB dungeon is 390.