Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Let the white one put lands in wotc you cowards
"Casually ramping from 5 to 12 land in monowhite".

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Did black really need more cheap(er) removal?

Aren't people historically complaining about low power answers in Standard?

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That is some strong family guy energy from that.

Hey Lois, remember the time I neoformed into a craterhoof? Nearly poo poo my pants ehehehehehe

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It’s probably an alternate-cost to a more expensive cost. Sac a creature or “if you attacked with a ninja this turn” or something.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
So many historic bans need to happen tomorrow

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

So many historic bans need to happen tomorrow

Like what?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I think Historic right now is incredibly diverse?

Like, the worst offenders are food decks, that are what, 15% of the field?

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 24, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

YggdrasilTM posted:

Maro Teaser:

quote:

• Creature – Turtle Ninja
I see they are setting up for the slam dunk TMNT secret lair of four copies of this card with the obvious alternate arts

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes, and that's not at all because I'm that U/B rear end in a top hat, I swear :colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I see they are setting up for the slam dunk TMNT secret lair of four copies of this card with the obvious alternate arts

Pizza food tokens please

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

YggdrasilTM posted:

Taking away the graveyard interaction, GGT concession in a vacuum is "your deck is green, has creatures, and can reasonably play a 5 drop."

If you play GGT like this the card is unquestionably bad so I don't know what you're arguing here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's going to be a throwback to Hero's Demise. BB kill target legendary PW or Creature

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

If you play GGT like this the card is unquestionably bad so I don't know what you're arguing here.

But why it's bad

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

YggdrasilTM posted:

• two popular cycles from Champions of Kamigawa block return each with a new twist

• two new Yamazakis

Shrines and Zuberas!?

COUSINS Yamazaki!?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pizza food tokens please

I feel like whacky food tokens are almost guarenteed in unfinity

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like whacky food tokens are almost guarenteed in unfinity

The food tokens from MH2 weren't wacky enough??

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

YggdrasilTM posted:

But why it's bad

Big Dumb Green creature for 5 typically isn't something I consider good, even if it has some optional regeneration. Was Deity of Scars good?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

YggdrasilTM posted:

Aren't people historically complaining about low power answers in Standard?

Do you mean that there aren't enough of them or people complain about any given one of them?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Doesn't GGT need creatures in the yard as well? It kind of sucks if you're running it out as a curve topper if you haven't been purposefully binning creatures

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

YggdrasilTM posted:

I think Historic right now is incredibly diverse?

Like, the worst offenders are food decks, that are what, 15% of the field?

If we're doing power level errata now, I would like to see Historic with

1) Oven at sorc speed
2) Oak to 4 mana, just to move one piece of the combo out of CoCo.
3) Sprite Dragon loses Haste.

But that probably just pushes us into a Auras/9 Lives/Niv format, which is different but I'm not sure better.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ilmucche posted:

Doesn't GGT need creatures in the yard as well? It kind of sucks if you're running it out as a curve topper if you haven't been purposefully binning creatures

You bin creatures with the Delve. Don't think it's a card you should be playing from hand.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Gimme the loving Ninja Turtle.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lone Goat posted:

Like what?

All the Alchemy cards.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

TotalHell posted:

Gimme the loving Ninja Turtle.

:sickos:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mcmagic posted:

All the Alchemy cards.

Good news, they're going to keep cranking those out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Finish of a five-card cycle many years in the making"

Kodama of the West Tree

"an unnamed mechanic that cares about you having two things that Magic has had since its beginning"

Buyer's Remorse and FOMO

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

mcmagic posted:

All the Alchemy cards.

They won't ban alchemy cards, will they? By nature I feel like they're meant to be nerfed as needed.

For my money, they could keep all these cards as they are if they had some kind of Hushbringer effect still in the format. Then all of those horrible ETB creatures wouldn't feel so oppressive.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

InterrupterJones posted:

They won't ban alchemy cards, will they? By nature I feel like they're meant to be nerfed as needed.

For my money, they could keep all these cards as they are if they had some kind of Hushbringer effect still in the format. Then all of those horrible ETB creatures wouldn't feel so oppressive.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Captain Invictus posted:

It's obviously a Nintendo/Starfox 64 collab :colbert:

quote:

• Creature – Fox Pilot

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

YggdrasilTM posted:

Leak of the dragon cycle.

I am going to find whoever assembled them like this so the blue one's effect and p/t are hidden and eat them. God why can't people take pictures of cardboard rectangles?!

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
What we do know is Kairi will absolutely hose anything that fills the board with tokens with that trigger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

InterrupterJones posted:

Never, they need to milk every last dollar.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Personally I wish for the Hasbro of 2020, when they weren't trying to milk players of every last dollar

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Never, they need to milk every last dollar.

I think the past two years have very much shown certain mtg players are very willing to whale for magic. Is it really milking if enough people happily shovel thier slop into thier mouths?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think the past two years have very much shown certain mtg players are very willing to whale for magic. Is it really milking if enough people happily shovel thier slop into thier mouths?

Yes?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

It's obviously a Nintendo/Starfox 64 collab :colbert:

Can't let you Brew that, Starfox.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Prediction: Secret Lair NFT this year.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
So this is some sort of magic the gathering online exchange from channel fireball?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

HootTheOwl posted:

Shrines and Zuberas!?

I can only hope, gimme more Zuberas for pauper please

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
New sweep cards that can actually win the game so it's less like scooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Most of the time it's fine. The way the arena economy/historic/alchemy is managed is not fine.