Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres another pic of tat guy which is raising a lot of questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

it’s like he’s sitting on the middle of his back

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

he is stupendous. a powerful man

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
pretty racist of these brooklynite women to only want to date white aryan men. very problematic that they hate minorities

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

he's got a shelf

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Ytlaya posted:

"Getting mad about the 'post-left'" has basically entered the same category as "getting mad about 'Authoritarians'" where you know the person doing it has a broken brain from being plugged into a bunch of left-liberal twitter nonsense

what is your favorite post-leftist

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

I've never bothered to see Friends et al on the assumption that it won't hold up to my woke gen z watching preferences

late millennials and early gen z really love Friends for some reason

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Friends was the american cultural export before streaming became a thing. When I was in school a lot of us watched friends (and the simpsons).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i listened to an ep of the bruenigs to learn about west elm caleb but instead i am enjoying matt's delight at having gotten solar panels installed by a company that has seemingly no recourse for payment through the power of autistic min-maxing.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Its always sunny is better than any of these shows

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AnEdgelord posted:

Its always sunny is better than any of these shows

100% agree

1) The Golden Girls
2) Married w/ Children
3) It’s Always Sunny
4)
5)

unclear how I would fill out my top 5. If we count animated sitcoms it’s probably golden age Simpsons and King of the Hill, if not then it’s gotta be Arrested Development (S1-S2) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (a strictly better Seinfeld), but for some reason I don’t think of AD as a sit-com, probably because it has way, way more than 2 cameras.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the show really could have ended when Charlie walked away to be a janitor

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Victory Position posted:

the show really could have ended when Charlie walked away to be a janitor

He was so happy and all the kids liked him.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Friends was the american cultural export before streaming became a thing. When I was in school a lot of us watched friends (and the simpsons).
weirdly it felt like this wasn't the case for Seinfeld. I remember local networks showing so many sitcoms - friends, family matters, full house, the fresh prince, the nanny, Malcolm in the middle, married with children, etc. they were fiending for that stuff, even showing things like seventh heaven (which in hindsight must've been pretty weird to watch devoid of cultural context)

i just looked it up and apparently they showed seinfeld on brt1, the main channel of the national network, starting in 2000. that must've been a horrible timeslot. either way, with the popularity it had in america and our love of american shows, it's conspicuously absent.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Seinfeld's relatively esoteric story structure just doesn't really hook as many people as regular sitcoms.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Adam and Felix have both made this point on their own shows but TV from a certain era that have no stakes and no real catalyst for drama are a weird time capsule. even basic two camera sitcoms these days need to have an overarching theme like Mom.

we talk about about Joss Whedon ruining the movie industry with soy-bant dialogue, but Chuck Lorre & Michael Schur are basically Hollywood puppet masters that have completely shaped comedy the same way Matt Groening and Al Jean inadvertently informed all of 90’s comedy with The Simpsons, except their poo poo is overly saccharine (and they both loving love cops)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Always Sunny is past its peak but it's still the only running sitcom that's worth a drat.

The Mick was also good but it got cancelled fast.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mick didn’t do anything to distance itself from IAS. Olsen is a brilliant physical comic but she was just “Sweet D”.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AP Bio is also pretty funny but again it's Glenn Howerton playing a guy who's a dick. Paula Pell is hilarious though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

i have bad news for u

Whatever website you got that from must have some pretty restrictive rules if there really are no Monica/Ross stories.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
That archive of our own. I think twincest is usually same sex.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ok well thanks for letting us know you read incest slash fiction I guess, cool hobby

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

ok well thanks for letting us know you read incest slash fiction I guess, cool hobby

Don't even try to drag someone else for being a pervert, Bust Rodd.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

you're probably the only person here who doesn't get to say things like that

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Asstr ftw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

you literally said earlier this week you're watching a show so you can jack off to one of the underage characters

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

AP Bio is also pretty funny but again it's Glenn Howerton playing a guy who's a dick. Paula Pell is hilarious though

She's an absolute treasure. She also brings "Girls 5eva" up a whole letter grade.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
oh good the incest defenders have logged on

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

whats the last book you read

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

You don't have to announce yourself Bust.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

he can eat a 6 course meal on that fupa

also the arrangment of the pic makes it look like a before after lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Bust Rodd posted:

Sorry ur ship sucks, read a book

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

scary ghost dog posted:

whats the last book you read

i posted it already, the Norm Macdonald memoir, its really funny. i guess YOU are the one who cannot read!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sometimes I ponder that age old philosophical question: could Bust Rodd compose a post so embarrassing even he would not post it?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

the rodd busters

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Sometimes I ponder that age old philosophical question: could Bust Rodd compose a post so embarrassing even he would not post it?

lol dawg if Something Awful had drafts I would have such sights to show you

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

There was an SNL commercial that I can't find that had the announcer talking in a dramatic voice about the different romantic relationships between the characters, and hinting at the possibility of more. "Ross and Rachel. Phoebe and Joey. Chandler and Monica. Monica and Ross???" hosed up imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

i posted it already, the Norm Macdonald memoir, its really funny. i guess YOU are the one who cannot read!

the last book i read was Maldoror, which was cool

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

what is your favorite post-leftist

I don't even have a clear idea of what the post-left is beyond "Greenwald and I think Max Blumenthal are considered parts of it, and it has something to do with being whiny about identity politics." I think that the ideas behind it (to the extent that they even coherently exist) are generally dumb, but can't conceive of thinking it matters (since they're still less dumb and dumb in a less meaningful/harmful way than literally any mainstream ideology).

IMO the people bringing it up are doing so because they've been conditioned by internet/twitter discourse into constantly feeling the need to explain/defend themselves to liberals. So they have to bring up the "post-left" so they can make sure the liberals realize that they're not one of those people, they're a good leftist who cares about social justice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

the last book i read was Maldoror, which was cool

That sounds really cool. In French or an English translation (I don’t speak French but it does sound cool enough to check out a good translation). A friend gave me a pile of used books for Christmas and one of them was a late 19th century French novel called against nature I’ve been working my way through. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s interesting and I’ve never really engaged with stuff from that time and place. It has a cool little bit about a bejeweled and gilded turtle though