Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

i need to figure out more poses

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Managed to cobble together a half decent commando look. Also figured I'd switch to desert camo to match the new NGS zone.

New higher def cornrows coming in a few days, but they wouldn't make much of a difference for a body shot.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
loving Chimeraland.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

We decided that our glams were why we were wiping in P2S and coordinated.

(we still didn't clear but holy poo poo that was a laugh riot)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

It's snowy here which always makes me want to winter glam. The rusty chainsaw scythe is just a bonus.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
My power ranger friend and his 4th of July dragon helped me beat the Dragon Quest X Ver.1 boss today, but mostly I want to show off my dress made of chocolate bars and stripe candy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Charles Get-Out posted:

My power ranger friend and his 4th of July dragon helped me beat the Dragon Quest X Ver.1 boss today, but mostly I want to show off my dress made of chocolate bars and stripe candy.

man i need to play more dqx

weddie for life

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

kirbysuperstar posted:

man i need to play more dqx

weddie for life

I started as a Dwarf cause I wasn't sure about the fins but I fully realize now that I was wrong, fish people are the best.

They hoverboard

They pose in front of faerie doors

They intentionally trip on banana peels

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dqx looks rad and your fish person also looks rad

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I take it DQX is Japenese only? Or is there a translation patach?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Man those pics look great

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wanna play this game but I do not want to deal with the headaches of playing a translated game that isn’t released in the USA

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
We've been going back and forth about it in the Retrogames thread a bit!

Long story short is there is a mostly-complete patch for the menus and skills & a machine translation text hook program: https://ethene.wiki/wiki/DQX_Translation_Tools. I don't use these but my power ranger friend does and he reports it as 90% stable.

I started playing late last year when SE removed the IP block for America, though kirbysuperstar said that the IP block is still in place for other territories & needs a VPN so SE gonna SE I guess. There's a free trial for the base game and the first expansion that's easy to set up and that's what hooked me.

You can also be green dwarves or nightmare puffballs

No race changing later though so make sure you choose the best one (ogre or fish person)

Nancy fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 24, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

jokes posted:

Wanna play this game but I do not want to deal with the headaches of playing a translated game that isn’t released in the USA

That was how I felt about the Dragonball MMO from way back.
Looked neat, wanted to try it, but it never got a US release and I wasn't in the mood to go through the hassle of the fanslation attempt that came out.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Are they still making the single player version of DQX?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Chillgamesh posted:

It will also be Japanese only IIRC

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah. It releases February 26, 2022, but...

Edmund Lava posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Admittedly I also kinda wanna roll a fairy warrior or something because having what is basically a 5" fairy with swords and stuff is hilarious

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Edmund Lava posted:

drat, time to start a petition drive then I guess.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

kirbysuperstar posted:

Admittedly I also kinda wanna roll a fairy warrior or something because having what is basically a 5" fairy with swords and stuff is hilarious

The extreme anime edginess elves have is pretty good imo, the only boring option is human & I'm glad that's gated behind the story.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Metallic Brass is a very underrated dye.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
https://twitter.com/NoperQ/status/1486588999200247809?s=20

I'm not 100% happy with the boots, but otherwise it's got all the flash and pizzazz I could want. (Flash and Pizzazz are the names of my right and left fists, obviously.)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Fashion accessories like the wings and umbrellas work using the same tech as mounts, hence the very odd restrictions on what you can do.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Metallic Brass is a very underrated dye.

Nah, its very well-rated. One of the best dyes in the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

The extreme anime edginess elves have is pretty good imo, the only boring option is human & I'm glad that's gated behind the story.

I saw one on weddie island that was wearing a hooded cloak with dual swords and I was like

damb that could be me

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I made a lalafell alt proper and its filled me with a strange sort of energy

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Wrestlepig posted:

I made a lalafell alt proper and its filled me with a strange sort of energy

Your shots of your roegadyn are always wonderful, and you've brought the same charm to your lalafell here!

As for me, I haven't made any new glamours in a while, but I have really fallen for what I decided on for RPR.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Ziddar posted:

Your shots of your roegadyn are always wonderful, and you've brought the same charm to your lalafell here!

As for me, I haven't made any new glamours in a while, but I have really fallen for what I decided on for RPR.

That chest armor is wonderful, and what I'm using for my DRG glamour.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Going all the way back to Shaman for P3S.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
I'm using the same chest armor on Reaper:

Might switch pants/boots to something else.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lazy Fair posted:

I'm using the same chest armor on Reaper:

Might switch pants/boots to something else.

Goddammit, I need that scythe.
I've taken a couple cracks at it with my static, and we've made it to enrage, but the best we've managed is 15% before wipe.

Right now, my scythe glam is the Lakeland one, and unless I get your scythe, it'll probably be the scythe glam I use until relic weapons drop.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

the_steve posted:

Goddammit, I need that scythe.
I've taken a couple cracks at it with my static, and we've made it to enrage, but the best we've managed is 15% before wipe.

Right now, my scythe glam is the Lakeland one, and unless I get your scythe, it'll probably be the scythe glam I use until relic weapons drop.

Not bad, it asks a lot. I think between the two current extremes EX1 is about rapidly parsing information and EX2 is more predictable but trickier execution. Of course, everything's predictable once you know it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bruceski posted:

Not bad, it asks a lot. I think between the two current extremes EX1 is about rapidly parsing information and EX2 is more predictable but trickier execution. Of course, everything's predictable once you know it.

Yeah. It's the Light waves that are getting us more than anything. We're improving, but yeah, still getting too many deaths and dps loss to come back from it.
But, we're getting better, and as we get new gear tiers, the fight will only get easier.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
That fight is a lot at first but once you get some practice down you find there's a clear pattern to movement with a couple minor variations in where you start.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Here is my reaper bun:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Hi, I'm here about the landscaping job? I saw your Craigslist ad..."

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That is a good Au Ra. :hmmyes:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Antivehicular posted:

"Hi, I'm here about the landscaping job? I saw your Craigslist ad..."

Who ya gonna call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I can stop making new glams with Metallic Brass Dye any time I want.