Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Like any other Big Brain Haver(tm) I thought "@javery8 gonna get a lot of unsolicited dms"

I went to see if she was getting dick pics sent her way (for science reasons not because I wanted to see a lot of dicks) and saw that too. I genuinely thought she was just fishing for nudes but it seems she's just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I mean this is a gross over simplification of both the UK's role in WW2 and how WW2 went in general (the Soviet Union gets no loving respect anymore, but up until the like the 70s most people in the UK would correctly say the USSR played the biggest role in the defeat of Axis among the Allies) but there was like 2-3 years where it pretty much was just the UK and other Common Wealth nations like Canada and Australia fighting against the Nazis.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The UK has an enormous and powerful part in WWII, absolutely, but "turned the tide"?

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

The only time I've ever heard people use the term was women dunking on anti-feminist types. Like, making fun of women who go around posting poo poo like, "ladies, if your man comes home and you're not ready with dinner and a blowjob, don't be surprised if he cheats on you. A real woman is always dressed her best, made up to perfection, and treats her man like the king he is"

I've been seeing it on tiktok recently with teen girls trying to justify why they're friends with guys and why it's not for the same reasons that other girls are friends with guys? Like "pick me girls vs. girls who are ACTUALLY friends with boys"? Much in the same way that when I was a teenager girls would claim to be "not like other girls" except this time that they're not like other girls who are not like other girls. Plus ca change or something.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Picnic Princess posted:

There is an entire community of wlw/sapphic/afab people out there that are diving deep into the bimbo aesthetic. Hyperfemininity, either ironic or not, is having a big moment in the queer community right now. They're mostly lesbians, some are pan or bi but make a point to loudly reject regular straight cis dudes in every capacity. They get a ton of harassment from cis straight women and men, and they revel in making them super mad. The pick-me girls hate them, the self-declared Male Feminists hate them, the trad wife community especially hates them.

The reason it was mentioned to having started on TikTok is because that's the only medium they've had to truly express themselves and present as that character without having it dismissed as something made by men for men.

I honestly think a big part of the inspiration behind this trend was taking that old fetish drawing and making the bookish girl and the barbie bimbo girlfriends, which led to all the "Other girls vs me" memes being turned into lesbian memes. So now "slutty princess bimbo lesbian" is a queer identity.
lol yeah I know a lot of girls into the bimbo aesthetic and half of them have advanced degrees

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The UK has an enormous and powerful part in WWII, absolutely, but "turned the tide"?

Well, one could call Dunkirk and Singapore as turning points for the axis....

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh????

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

goldenninjawarrior posted:

I've been seeing it on tiktok recently with teen girls trying to justify why they're friends with guys and why it's not for the same reasons that other girls are friends with guys? Like "pick me girls vs. girls who are ACTUALLY friends with boys"? Much in the same way that when I was a teenager girls would claim to be "not like other girls" except this time that they're not like other girls who are not like other girls. Plus ca change or something.

This was more or less my understanding of the term. "I don't like like stupid girly things, I like sports and beer and video games! Guys like me better than you because I don't spend all my time and money on makeup and nails and heels! Wearing skirts and anything pink is degrading, feminine things are weak and inferior. Im superior because I'm 'one of the guys'!" and everyone who's sick of that internal misogyny bullshit would respond with "so did he pick you yet?"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

teens are gonna teen

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
people are stupid, the internet is more stupid and it puts pressure for people to dial up gimmicks way past 11.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
FWIW I've only ever seen "pick me" used for Cool Girls online.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'll be honest, if I had the will power to just get absolutely ripped, I'd become a himbo, being a ripped hot dude that was just kinda dumb and oblivious, but every time I think "oh I should work out," I don't, and oh god, the dietary requirements of getting really cut, can't even imagine. So I have to pretend I'm smarter than other people.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I mean this is a gross over simplification of both the UK's role in WW2 and how WW2 went in general (the Soviet Union gets no loving respect anymore, but up until the like the 70s most people in the UK would correctly say the USSR played the biggest role in the defeat of Axis among the Allies) but there was like 2-3 years where it pretty much was just the UK and other Common Wealth nations like Canada and Australia fighting against the Nazis.
The nuance here is that the USSR only got involved because Hitler wisely invaded.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Turned the tide, no, so that's a weird statement. But the UK kept the war going and I think it's undisputable life wouldn't have been better under Nazi rule!

My added nuance to this, something I only recently heard about, but Neville Chamberlain gets SO MUCH poo poo for appeasing the Nazis, but I've heard the argument made that he was fully aware of the repercussions, but was buying time until the UK actually had a hope in hell of fending them off.

I'm sure students of WW2 history are aware of this, and have possibly already cancelled it, but as a 40 year old, it was new information to me I hadn't considered.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Skwirl posted:

I'll be honest, if I had the will power to just get absolutely ripped, I'd become a himbo, being a ripped hot dude that was just kinda dumb and oblivious, but every time I think "oh I should work out," I don't, and oh god, the dietary requirements of getting really cut, can't even imagine. So I have to pretend I'm smarter than other people.

One of my favorite memes of the last couple years is the pictures of bodybuilders sitting at their couches with laptops typing things like "king, attaining intelligence and mental balance can only be achieved by serious dedication to the health of the only body you're given" or something like that.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Skwirl posted:

this is gonna be a super ironic post in a few years when you're exclusively posting powerlifting advice or getting your hand stuck in a jar

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Picnic Princess posted:

This was more or less my understanding of the term. "I don't like like stupid girly things, I like sports and beer and video games! Guys like me better than you because I don't spend all my time and money on makeup and nails and heels! Wearing skirts and anything pink is degrading, feminine things are weak and inferior. Im superior because I'm 'one of the guys'!" and everyone who's sick of that internal misogyny bullshit would respond with "so did he pick you yet?"

Huh. Most of the time I've seen it applied to anti-feminist women that were pushing traditional roles. "Pick me! I'm not some angry, man-hating feminist! I'll raise your tradcath offspring and cook meat every night"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Real himboification is found in compassion, empathy and understanding

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Real himboification is found in compassion, empathy and understanding

Also known as Kiryufication.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Waste of Breath posted:

Coincidentally I am playing yakuza 0 atm

I stand by both my comment and yours

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]

Coincidentally I am playing yakuza 0 atm

I stand by both my comment and yours

:hai:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Waste of Breath posted:

Kiryu is so wholesome I'm actually kind of surprised the entire internet loves him.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

My added nuance to this, something I only recently heard about, but Neville Chamberlain gets SO MUCH poo poo for appeasing the Nazis, but I've heard the argument made that he was fully aware of the repercussions, but was buying time until the UK actually had a hope in hell of fending them off.

I'm sure students of WW2 history are aware of this, and have possibly already cancelled it, but as a 40 year old, it was new information to me I hadn't considered.

The whole run-up to World War 2 was a lot of geopolitical jockeying that made at least some sense at the time and then afterwards got completely overshadowed by how incredibly supervillian evil the Nazis were.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that some people are coping with this ridiculous hellworld by wholeheartedly embracing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

teethgrinder posted:

Appeasement was a geopolitical strategy with some reasoning behind it, but hat doesn't mean it was successful or well-advised. It gave Germany all the time and resources to gear up for war with France and defeat all its immediate enemies in Central Europe in detail at a minimal cost, while the Western Allies squandered every opportunity the extra time supposedly should have given them. Meanwhile defeating Germany at any point in around 1938, either preemptively or in response to any of their many transgressions, would have been a relative pushover.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Bargearse posted:

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that some people are coping with this ridiculous hellworld by wholeheartedly embracing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

The stupidest poo poo imaginable is pretty great tbh

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

captainOrbital posted:

Well yeah, nobody would do it if there wasn’t some appeal to it.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Coolness Averted posted:

Kiryu is so wholesome I'm actually kind of surprised the entire internet loves him.

That's why the whole internet loves him. Just a giant slab of meat punching the poo poo out of dudes who step to him who will also help a random girl get toys out of a crane game and race toy cars like his life is on the line

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

captainOrbital posted:

Aww thank you :blush:

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kit Walker posted:

That's why the whole internet loves him. Just a giant slab of meat punching the poo poo out of dudes who step to him who will also help a random girl get toys out of a crane game and race toy cars like his life is on the line

And he never. Kills. Anyone.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

captainOrbital posted:

I realized last night during a conversation about buttholes with my toddler that I've come full circle to realizing that poop jokes are actually hilarious, Loony Toons is extremely high quality comedy, and drawing dicks on bathroom stalls is really funny. My wife said she thought it was sad that I spent a lot of years thinking that humor had to be clever and intelligent.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

christmas boots posted:

Or at least he's too stupid to realize the dude he just injected with a random syringe he found on the street filled with gutter water probably ain't gonna be in the sequel.
I swear some of the non-weapon heat actions are more brutal than the actual lethal weapons.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Coolness Averted posted:

Or at least he's too stupid to realize the dude he just injected with a random syringe he found on the street filled with gutter water probably ain't gonna be in the sequel.
I swear some of the non-weapon heat actions are more brutal than the actual lethal weapons.

But there are no lethal weapons in the Yakuza games???

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wordle is getting weird.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

Appeasement was a geopolitical strategy with some reasoning behind it, but hat doesn't mean it was successful or well-advised. It gave Germany all the time and resources to gear up for war with France and defeat all its immediate enemies in Central Europe in detail at a minimal cost, while the Western Allies squandered every opportunity the extra time supposedly should have given them. Meanwhile defeating Germany at any point in around 1938, either preemptively or in response to any of their many transgressions, would have been a relative pushover.
I think it was obvious/demonstrable though that the UK wasn't capable of it a that point and no nation had the appetite to do it. Like yes, 100% it would have been better to have done it but no one was willing/ready to invade.

edit: though (minding how evil the UK has been historically), it would be "fun" speculative fiction to imagine Europe/the World if they had successfully invaded Germany during Hitler's rise. It must exist but I haven't stumbled across it.

teethgrinder has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Jan 25, 2022

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

I think it was obvious/demonstrable though that the UK wasn't capable of it a that point and no nation had the appetite to do it. Like yes, 100% it would have been better to have done it but no one was willing/ready to invade.

Well, the Soviets did, but they didn't have a border.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Like this but it seems like it's come round in some kind of loop like "I'm not one of those pick-me women - I'm actually 'one of the guys' and men just happen to like me more than girls who try and get guys to like them because of their internal misogyny!" completely overlooking that you yourself might have internal misogyny that makes you feel superior to those women that you feel are trying too hard for male attention?

Andrast posted:

teens are gonna teen

Yeah that one

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I realized last night during a conversation about buttholes with my toddler that I've come full circle to realizing that poop jokes are actually hilarious, Loony Toons is extremely high quality comedy, and drawing dicks on bathroom stalls is really funny. My wife said she thought it was sad that I spent a lot of years thinking that humor had to be clever and intelligent.

I think that's something everyone goes through. The boy is father of the man yadda yadda.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Byzantine posted:

The whole run-up to World War 2 was a lot of geopolitical jockeying that made at least some sense at the time and then afterwards got completely overshadowed by how incredibly supervillian evil the Nazis were.

Yeah, it was suer funny to find out Italian fascists were like "you want us to do what to the Jews here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

christmas boots posted:

He dropped kicked that one dude out of a window from like the fourth floor of a building after beating the poo poo out of him like 4 different times in the previous ten times when he's trying to leave the Yakuza to protect his boss.