Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X JAKK posted:

New Righteous Gemstones was great the whole way through, from Walter Goggins graphically describing the birth of a toilet baby to BJ throwing a temper tantrum in a onesie and then taking an angry poo poo, and a awesome sequence of shocking moments to wrap it up.

Judy's song making GBS threads on BJ's family was hilarious too

ooo and her bathroom confrontation with his sister

Man that was a good Righteous Gemstones episode

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

lmao love getting lore from fast food placemats

we get lore from all sorts of places these days.

a loving fortnite event dropped the lore that somehow Palpatine returned

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I know it's a Calofornia Reaper hot take but I like Stallone Judge Dredd in all it's schlocky glory (also it looks more comic-like, dat massive golden eagle shoulder pauldrons are just :discourse:)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Galewolf posted:

I know it's a Calofornia Reaper hot take but I like Stallone Judge Dredd in all it's schlocky glory (also it looks more comic-like, dat massive golden eagle shoulder pauldrons are just :discourse:)

i agree that it looks great. the cyberpunk megacity is great and all of the muscleman yelling between dredd and his brother is gold. it is a dumb movie but so fun to watch. obviously rob schneider and hus character are dogshit, but that also is fun to watch and laugh at

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Armand Assante just feasting on scenery.

LAWWWW!!!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

First of May posted:

Hey, now. Agents of SHIELD is still the best Marvel tv show.

They should make an Agents of The Shield show where Vic Mackey plants crack on Black Panther then shoots Agent Coulson in the face

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Am I crazy or did they literally re-edit and re-release Deadpool 2 as a kids movie?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Am I crazy or did they literally re-edit and re-release Deadpool 2 as a kids movie?

They did indeed, as a Christmas movie. They also released a longer unrated cut which wasn’t good.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah they had an ad campaign for it that spoofed A Princess Bride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAphLeKW0g

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't hate deadpool but everything is just a little too "right??" for me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They did indeed, as a Christmas movie. They also released a longer unrated cut which wasn’t good.

The Deadpool 2 unrated cut sucks because it removes many of the good jokes I'm exchange for lovely ones that only serve to be more crass and less charismatic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

bitterandtwisted posted:

I liked the Judge Dredd vs the Fatties reference. Just a wheeled platform beside an obese dead guy visible for 1 second

The Chopper easter egg is so good. It's in a place with no other graffiti, seemingly impossible to get to, where everyone in the building will see it. It's perfect.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Did Jenny ever release the followup to her Star Wars Land prequel video?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont know but I think she is working on a video for that Star Wars hotel nightmare.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I didn't hate deadpool but everything is just a little too "right??" for me.

I hated deadpool. I am on record hating deadpool and I stand by it. Just like deadpool stood on that loving bridge for 40 minutes of my life.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Did Jenny ever release the followup to her Star Wars Land prequel video?

Nah. She never did her 50-Barbie movie opus either.

I think she's a streamer now or something. It's a million times easier than producing videos and probably pays as well or better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Colossus is my favorite x-man so they have that going for them.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

jenny posted that she quit makings videos and she is retiring from public life and moving where no one can find her and deleting her videos so there is no reason to discuss her in this thread anymore not that there ever was.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If you've seen all the old BotW 5 times each and need some other movie YouTubers to provide you a fix, here are some Jenny replacements:

Primm's Hood Cinema
Maggie Mae Fish
YourMovieSucksDOTorg

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I hated deadpool. I am on record hating deadpool and I stand by it. Just like deadpool stood on that loving bridge for 40 minutes of my life.

Sorry Deadpool was fun and an actual good use of Ryan Reynolds playing himself

I've never seen the sequel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hackers film 1995 posted:

jenny posted that she quit makings videos and she is retiring from public life and moving where no one can find her and deleting her videos so there is no reason to discuss her in this thread anymore not that there ever was.

Nice try, that was Lindsay Ellis.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

no thats lindsay. easy mistake (not)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

If you've seen all the old BotW 5 times each and need some other movie YouTubers to provide you a fix, here are some Jenny replacements:

Drachinifel
Kiwami Japan
Summoning Salt

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How to remember who's who:

Lindsay: hot mess, does cool violence against cops, posts about theater, writes horny Starscream slashfic, cancelled for criticizing Disney

Jenny: porg, brain like a child, only watched by sex criminals

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1483658935601033216

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone who thinks Episode 9 is the epitome of running your franchise into the ground needs to go and watch Fantastic Beasts 2 right now. It is an amazing garbage fire.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jenny: porg, brain like a child, only watched by sex criminals

star of foam adventure

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I don't know why exactly but I cannot disassociate Ryan Reynolds and reddit. I guess I just think they go hand-in-hand. lots of nerds, lowest common denominator humor. which isn't to say all of Reynold's stuff is all bad, but... yeah...

like doesn't Free Guy have a scene where he uses a hulk fist and punches a guy? yeah. reddit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Some of the cream rises to the top for genuinely funny jokes, and then there's the vast majority that someone makes a reference and they take turns parroting quotes that all get up voted because people are idiots.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i like ryan reynolds but then again i havent seen his worst movies (his most recent poo poo) because why would i. i guess you could say i like what he used to be. i did enjoy those hitman bodyguard movies on some kind of level, but i would not call them good. he just got dunked on the whole movie while i stared at selma hayek so it was fine

Vakal
May 11, 2008

i like ryan reynolds but then again i havent seen his worst movies (his most recent poo poo) because why would i. i guess you could say i like what he used to be. i did enjoy those hitman bodyguard movies on some kind of level, but i would not call them good. he just got dunked on the whole movie while i stared at selma hayek so it was fine

I recently watched a review on a movie he was in called Voices. I never even knew it existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwW2Qrq1ueA

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Galewolf posted:

"MORE DEADPOOL FACTS YOU HAVE MISSED!

in the movie Deadpool, Ryan Reynold's titular character Deadpool says "Is it Steward or McAvoy? these timelines can get confusing" when he is dragged by Colossus after the opening chase.

This is a reference to two actors played same character, Professor X on different X-men movie series which later on merged together, causing confusion amongst fans! Please like and subscribe for more movie details!"

This stuff is catnip for the lamest and lowest-common-denominator comic book movie nerds

I love it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Pairing Colossus with Deadpool was pretty inspired, was that in the comics originally? I never read any deadpool ones.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

priznat posted:

Pairing Colossus with Deadpool was pretty inspired, was that in the comics originally? I never read any deadpool ones.

Deadpool’s hung out with everyone at some point. They’ve also both been on Xforce before

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Yeah, the Dredd movie was good. It wasn't GREAT but it was good. I wouldn't mind an 8 episode Dredd season with Urban and that psychic lady doing stuff in Mega City One

Don't make more Dredd movies

In fact, don't make any more dystopia movies - society takes them as examples to follow, not criticism

They were cool in the 80's and 90's before global warming, civil strife and the internet overflowing into real life

It was fun when we were all "I would TOTALLY be Mad Max, not random murdered extra #94"

Make more hopeful entertainment you soulless executives masquerading as humans

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Reynolds essentially being his own hype/PR guy is interesting to me. Nobody else really does it quite so effectively. Dude sure does a lot of posting

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Anyone who thinks Episode 9 is the epitome of running your franchise into the ground needs to go and watch Fantastic Beasts 2 right now. It is an amazing garbage fire.

I am shocked that the sequel to a spin-off of a 7 (8?) movie franchise is not good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the problem with it is that it didn't really deliver on the beasts being fantastic. Also my understanding is the second one is more about the rise of wizard hitler than beasts in any case??

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Don't make more Dredd movies

In fact, don't make any more dystopia movies - society takes them as examples to follow, not criticism

Hello, the bad guy from Tomorrowland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I'm on a run of watching die hard clones, apparently half the early-mid 90s movies I watched as a kid were heavily inspired by it (and I hadn't seen Die Hard).

Executive Decision has the PERFECT use of Steven Seagal (spoiler for ancient movie?) in that he fails his mission, is poo poo on by other people, and then literally blown out of an airlock to end Act 1.